Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52464 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #660 on: June 16, 2021, 10:00:18 am »

Mirka

Mirka didn't say anything in response, having dashed out of reach. She couldn't turn around as quickly as she'd hoped, and once she was facing Estela againn, the two were a fair distance apart. Again deciding to change tactics, Mirka stood where she was, still in a fighting stance, waiting for her superior's response.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 16, 2021, 08:43:49 pm »

Monika and Kirari

Mina composed herself, although she still kept Monika between herself and Kirari. "If you're sure." she said, more to herself than Monika. Another pause let her gather her response, she cleared her throat to ensure she could speak properly, and then released the words that would decide Kirari's fate.

"Dame Kirari, I was wondering when you'd finally reveal your true nature. This wasn't quite what I expected." she chuckled ruefully, continuing, "I've been given final authority on what is to be done with you, and you've made quite the first impression. I've been authorized to give you an honorary rank of major should I deem you trustworthy. Although that does present a problem." she glanced at Monika, and then did something uncharacteristically kind, "It's a bit of a step down, but how does First Lieutenant sound?"

Eilyth

"The wedding was a coincidence." Allia averted her gaze, "And Brienne was a mistake. I thought I was helping Brigitte, but I only made her cry more. It was a whim, a stupid one. I'm truly sorry for meddling like that."

Jessie

Although Jessie's smoke bomb was successful in obscuring the stranger's view of Jessie, it wasn't enough to prevent being chased. "Dead People" may not have known what caused the smoke bomb to appear, but she still knew that Hellia and Farore were on the other side. She was fast too, much faster than Jessie with loli in tow. Without help, she was going to catch up before Jessie was able to round a corner and disappear properly into the maze of alleys.

"Hit the deck!" Hellia called out.

With no further warning, she triggered an explosive hidden in the smoke cloud.

Yava

Although Yava spotted no further guards on the dock, only the two at the vast vessel's main entryway, she did catch sight of several more pirates wandering around on deck. Guards or not, they were still potential problems for any infiltration. It also didn't seem that any other paths existed from the dock to the warship aside from the gangplank. Yava could probably find some other way aboard, but she would need to be creative.

Yava's scouting was able to give her a proper idea of exactly the monstrosity of a vessel she was dealing with. The Promise was a large, well-armored vessel. Three oversized turrets made up its main battery, with a slew of smaller guns plastered all across its hull to add further firepower. A small cutout in the side made way for torpedo launchers. The ship sported several decals and flags that Yava had no reason to recognize, save for the red flag with a black skull on it, which Yava could safely assume was the pirate flag of Captain Malakai. She had seen a few other ships sporting the same colors elsewhere along the dock, making it readily apparent just how wildly outnumbered she was.

Silvia

Mirala took the document on Ambrosia and quickly stowed it away, apparently unconcerned with its contents. Silvia quickly understood why as Mirala explained, "The Lanicans have discovered the existence of a new Neridan weapon. It was shuttered away in that disorganized mess, I doubt the Lanicans even know what they have." She looked Silvia directly in the eye, showing real fear to her pupil for the first time. "According to the document I was just reading, the Neridans have figured out how to fly."

Lunete

Although the papers were easy enough to clear away, Lunete found herself in a bit of a pickle: Shinko was completely unconscious. Extracting the girl wasn't enough, Lunete would also have to find some way to transport Shinko, whether that be to the infirmary or to the location of the Katrian infiltrators.

Astarte

Teya took long enough to show up that it was starting to appear that the informant was actually the coward Astarte had accused her of being. Playing it cautious, the new captain of the guard, Melody Francine, had sent Astarte ten men, three of which Astarte had trained herself. They were positioned all around the empty lot that Astarte had decided to wait in, hidden just out of sight atop buildings and behind dumpsters. It wasn't a seedy bar, but the idea was more or less the same.

Unlike Astarte, Teya was alone. The guardsmen Astarte had called in as backup confirming that she had no hidden accomplices. That didn't bode well for this being a straightforward encounter. Still, it put Astarte at the advantage. Whatever Teya was up to, Astarte had only to give the word to arrest her and the whole charade would instantly come to an end.

"You've got guts, I'll give you that." Teya called, keeping her distance, "I already told you that you won't force anything out of me, but maybe we can strike a deal?"
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #662 on: June 17, 2021, 07:14:12 am »

Kirari

The general's words made Kirari's eyes snap back up to the woman. She'd been attempting to put together a cold, logical explanation of why she obviously meant no harm, running through all the ways she could have turned this to her advantage or simply disappeared with nothing but cooling corpses in her wake. However, it seemed that a simple statement of what happened had sufficed. Not only that, but the general had extended a gesture she had to know was kind. Kindness, shown to someone like her, someone who should still be one of Katria's greatest enemies. There was always the chance that it was simply to keep her placated, an emotional shot in the dark in an effort to stop their newfound weapon from turning on them. If that was the case, it was working - not that she'd had any ill intent to start.

The former Dame bowed her head to Mina, closing her eyes. "Thank you, General." Her voice wavered once more. "Truly, thank you." She looked over at Monika, relief in her gaze as her head rose slightly. Kirari wasn't sure she deserved what had just happened, but it still made her happy. The rank had meant nothing to her before, but now it was a sign that there was, in fact, a path forward. A part of her past that she could embrace of her own will. A small smile tugged at the corner of her mouth as she straightened. "Major, I believe we have plenty of paperwork to catch up on."

Lunete

The revolutionary growled audibly as scattered papers continued to fall in her wake. The girl was, somehow, still out. "A Katrian plot?" She mumbled her musings aloud, seemingly without realizing it. She had already lost precious time in her pursuit, but she couldn't leave Shinko here.

"Very well then." Lunete crouched next to the fallen girl. "Come along with me, Shinko." Lunete unceremoniously grabbed ahold of her, lifted her onto a shoulder, and stood in one (more awkward than she would admit) motion. "We must avenge this nefarious misdeed against you and keep safe what we've fought for together." With that, she beelined out of the room, once again plowing past anyone unfortunate or ignorant enough to think they would stop her.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 08:34:43 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 17, 2021, 04:24:59 pm »

Eilyth
She stared at Allia a few moments longer, before finally sighing.
   "Well, you tried..." She said, standing up. "Brienne was scum anyway, long overdue for some karmic justice. Even if it didn't turn out like you hoped, you still did this world a favor. But enough, we got a long walk ahead of us. First order of business is to cross the border back into Katria without getting noticed. From there we pick our way north to Stone Ocean, and hopefully pick up the replacement along the way."

She glanced around at the other three, seemingly waiting for any questions or objections, if they had any.

Yava
It was only as Yava stood there, having gotten the chance to survey the full might of Malakai's fleet, that it dawned on her just how much in over her head she was. She was damn good at what she did, would never have survived this long if she wasn't, but even she knew better than to mess with all this. Perhaps if her power had been more directly stealth oriented, or if the ship was manned only by normal crooks with not a meister in sight. But as it stood, her only practical options were to try and talk her way into a meeting, or withdraw for the time being to better prepare. And withdrawing meant taking time she didn't know if she even had. The fleet was here now, but would it still be in a few hours? a day or two? There was no telling when next they'd shove off to sea, or return to port if they did. For all her power over probability, this was one variable she couldn't easily rig in her favor.

Audience it is then.

She gave up her scouting and moved slowly and deliberately towards the gang plank. Only when she was close enough that she knew Twitch and Pata would immediately be forced to acknowledge her approach did she lower her hood, in turn allowing her presence to be noticed. She put on amicable smile, waving at the two guards but making a point to move no closer. She paid special attention to Twitch, curious to see whether she'd have any special reaction. There probably wasn't a mundane reason for that eyepatch.

"Greetings, Comrades!" she hailed, "I have been sent to cordially request audience with your captain. This is capital ship of fleet, correct?"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 05:21:13 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 18, 2021, 08:50:22 am »

Monika

Instinctively, Monika let out a sigh of relief as the General composed herself. Things might've ended a bit more messy than she would've liked, and it was nice to see that things, in fact, didn't. Of course, her relief was quickly soured when Kirari turned to her and brought up the paperwork that they needed to do, causing the Major to groan slightly and rub the back of her neck. She didn't mind paperwork most of the time, but she had already gotten through a stack of them when she got back, and now she'd have to go through another, "Yeah yeah, I suppose we do. Send the transfer paperwork to my office as soon as you can General, I'll make sure it's done first so we can get that whole stuff sorted out" she stated, her tone barely hiding the fact that she wasn't excited to get through this part of procedure. But, it was procedure, and it was one of the things Monika couldn't actually ignore.

Astarte

It had taken several hours, but Astarte's patience won through as the Lady waited for Teya's arrival. She had a feeling that her comment would've spurred them to act, and it was pleasing to know that it did. It had even let her prepare the meeting ground ahead of time, thanks to the new captain of the guard, and now Astarte had her own backup, just out of sight and ready to strike as soon as she gave the word.

... But it was a last resort. Astarte could be civil, even if Teya didn't deserve that sort of treatment.

"Fine by me. Name your conditions" Astarte replied from her position, deigning to keep things as straightforward as possible. She knew she wasn't the best negotiator, but at the end of it all, she was willing to do whatever was needed to get the information she wanted. If it turned out she didn't need to force it out and instead make a deal? Then that was what she had to do.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 19, 2021, 10:08:12 pm »

Estela

Mirka

Mirka didn't say anything in response, having dashed out of reach. She couldn't turn around as quickly as she'd hoped, and once she was facing Estela againn, the two were a fair distance apart. Again deciding to change tactics, Mirka stood where she was, still in a fighting stance, waiting for her superior's response.

Estela turned back to her, bouncing from foot to foot like a boxer as she kept her guard up. "Doing great so far! Definitely was worth picking you up!" she said with a wild grin. This was what a spar was great for, getting the blood pumping and getting her moving after all the hurry-up-and-wait crap that you usually had to deal with in the military.

Still, despite her levity, she had no plans to allow more than a moment's rest. To start with, she launched a few more shots from the stakes she'd planted earlier at Mirka. Then, she started to move towards her, keeping light on her feet and ready to respond to sudden moves...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 03:51:52 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 19, 2021, 11:12:37 pm »

Jessie

Fuck.

Jessie hit the ground a bit harder than she intended to, but she though she was able to get the kid down relatively gently. She tried scrabbling away from the area, but she already knew they were done for. The pressure of the blast was probably already blowing away their smokescreen. Goddesses damnit, if she could just reach the corner - but no, she's already on the ground, and who knew what this 'dead people' could fucking do. Did the bomb even phase her? She wasn't going to look back to check.

There was only one option, and it probably wouldn't work. She tried to get to her feet, tried to get Farore up.
"We need to get to the corner, and then I need you to - do the trick thing you did. The forgetfulness thing. We go left, got it?" She didn't know which direction they should go. Hopefully it wouldn't matter, so long as they got out of sight.
If Farore cooperated. If she didn't go a different direction and slip all of them. If 'dead people' didn't catch them first. If, if, if.

Goddesses damnit.

Silvia

Silvia- just stared blankly at Mirala for a moment. Processing.

Processing.

Processi- "Oh."

The implications flitted through her head. If they could fly-
Transporting troops. Transporting bombs. Transporting anything, without risk of reprisal, because who the hell could reach you? Going anywhere, projecting power across everywhere if nobody could stop you- And more fantastical possibilities. How fast could it go? How high? Could they-

Then, one overwhelming thought crashed into the pile.
Fuck Neridus.
Her eyes shifted away from fear and confusion, to anger and determination.

"Where can we discuss this in more detail?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 05:34:47 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #667 on: June 20, 2021, 12:31:11 pm »

Kirari

That hint of a smile stayed at Monika's response; Kirari herself wasn't sure if it was joy at being able to grasp "normal" once again, or an echo of sadistic pleasure. Or both. "It should not be difficult. I keep careful records." She would have to spend some time updating her journals, too. A shadow flickered across her thoughts; many, many things would need to be recorded in those. Decades of events, even. It was the least she could do.

The thought served as a reminder for another topic. She walked closer to the General and Monika, rapier held loosely for lack of a good place to keep it on her person at the moment. "I did have one request to make at the moment." She looked down, and the volume of her voice followed. "One of you, please talk to Miru about what happened. I. . . don't think I can help."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 22, 2021, 04:40:26 pm »

Mirka

Mirka could only say "Not the time, Major!" before dashing forth and sliding beneath the stakes, then launching herself into the air. As she sailed over Estela's head, Mirka pulled her legs back before shooting them out in a big dropkick aimed right at Estela's back.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 23, 2021, 04:05:54 pm »

Estela

One moment Mirka was in front of her, the next she was in the air. Moving on instinct again, Estela shot her elbow out behind her and up as she began to spin. The kick managed to land, although not as square as intended with Estela moving along with the counter; the Major found herself knocked from her feet and a bit winded, scrambling to get back on her feet.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 23, 2021, 11:12:45 pm »

Mirka

Mirka was reeling for a few moments from the impact - Estela's counter had knocked the wind from her - but Mirka knew she couldn't let the opportunity slip by. Scrambling to her feet, Mirka rushed forth and did another slide, straight at where Estela had landed.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 25, 2021, 10:30:43 pm »

Jessie

Jessie's actions managed to shield Farore, and the two were free to run. But when told to use Jessie's power, Farore shook her head. "Can't do that, Alice." she said. She coughed as she caught her breath. Instead of fleeing, she turned to face Dead People.

Dead People, who was standing unscathed in the middle of the explosion. Unscathed and completely nude, apparently whatever protected her didn't extend to her clothes. "Steward, it's been a long time. I'm here to rescue you." she said to Farore.

"Why would I need your rescuing?" Farore answered indignantly.

"I am Iyeseteru, your loyal knight. Whether she requires my aid or not, it is my duty to defend my queen."

Yava

The two pirates glanced at one another in uncertainty. Both were obviously surprised by Yava's sudden appearance, but curiously neither tensed up to fight. It was possible they were underestimating her, but unlikely. You didn't get this far in the underworld without learning the necessary amount of caution.

"Whaddaya think, Spackle?" One-Eye asked her compatriot.

"She fits the description." Spackle answered, "Want me to check with the quartermaster?"

"Nah, we got told by the cap'n herself to let a cloaked girlie in, no need to waste the big Q's day off. I'll just go with to make sure she don't be startin' any trouble."

Spackle shrugged, "Suit yourself." She waved her cutlass-hand to beckon Yava up the ramp. "Welcome aboard the Promise of the Profaned Oyster."

One-Eye waited for Yava to start walking and then followed, maintaining silence except where necessary to give directions. The ship was bustling with crew, although aside from a few on guard duty they didn't seem to be particularly hard at work. In fact, they appeared to be partying.

Astarte

Teya nodded her thanks and relaxed a bit. "I don't have terms, per se." she said slyly, "I can tell you're not used to this, so I'll give you the rundown: I trade information, I know everything there is to know about the underworld and people come to me to ask. People pay me in a variety of ways, but the most common options are cash and their own information. I doubt you can afford the price on Ambrosia's head, cash or info, but I'll cut you a deal. Tell me one thing I don't know, anything, and I'll give you what you want. After all, building customer relationships is just as important to a businesswoman as doing the business itself. How does that sound?"

Even to Astarte's lack of underworld experience, the subtext would be clear. The information wasn't Teya's prize here, it was having a Tyranian Lady in her debt.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 26, 2021, 10:36:02 am »

Yava

She realized her obvious mistake immediately and her heart skipped a beat even as she began to board the ship as directed. Of course. Of course they had been forewarned of her arrival. Why wouldn't they be? They had a literal future seer at their disposal. And somehow, that was the one factor she had forgotten to account for above all else.

Sloppy, Yava, She thought in chagrin, Much too sloppy. You're losing your edge.

That mistake was secondary now, however. She had gotten onboard and was apparently well on the way to seeing the captain. As she walked according to One-Eye's directions she examined everything she could see in passing, how the halls and rooms were laid out, how many obvious meisters she could spot among the crew, what the crew were doing, anything and everything that could prove useful to her later. She put particular effort in trying to decipher why exactly there seemed to be an atmosphere of merriment at the moment, and how heavily the alleged partying actually was. If the majority of these lot were busy getting drunk, then it could be a very valuable asset if this all goes horribly wrong...
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 26, 2021, 11:58:30 am »

Yava

Yava was able to glean a lot of information from her observations. For starters, One-Eye was called Cordelia. She also noted that most of the pirates were wearing fairly normal clothes, save for a few patrolling where they would be visible from the shore. Meisters seemed relatively common, Yava counted about ten total, including Spackle and Cordelia. Every one of them seemed to have their weapon as a prosthetic of some kind. She didn't catch why the crew was partying, but she could tell they were going hard.

Cordelia's direction brought Yava to the bridge, currently occupied by only two women. One was a tall, skinny woman who looked rather boyish with her pale blonde hair haphazardly cut short. The other could only be the captain.

Though not as tall as the blonde, Theresa Malakai managed to make everyone in her presence feel small. Everything about her seemed to stand out. Her violet eyes set with confidence and power. Her curly dark brown hair adorned with tassels and beads. The scramble of scars and disfigured nose on her tawny brown face. Her magnificent bosom struggling to be restrained by her oversized rust red coat. The oversized hat that cast a shadow over all in her presence. And of course, the ridiculous quad-barrel shotgun set so casually beside her that could only be a holy weapon.

Aside from the hat and coat, she worse a nice dress shirt, skirt, and brown leather boots. Though height-wise her stature wasn't worth commenting on, her muscular limbs were of definite note. She was a strong woman who carried herself like a leader, an image that had surely helped her survive in the cutthroat world of piracy.

"Cap'n, you've got a guest." Cordelia announced.

The captain and the blonde both looked towards the door. On spotting Yava, the captain grinned, revealing a golden tooth nestled among the rest. "Ah, tha girl with tha cloak. Welcome aboard." she said jovially, "Cap'n Theresa Malakai o' tha Promise o' tha Profaned Oyster, at yer service." She made a mock bow, clearly enjoying herself. "Why don't ye introduce yerself?"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 06:14:42 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 26, 2021, 12:39:01 pm »

Yava

They knew I was coming, but not my name. Interesting.

"Yava Yenthrid," she answered almost immediately, nodding her head respectfully, "I am pleased to see that tales were quite true, since you knew of my arrival in advance."

She let her gaze drift to the tall blonde beside the captain, knowing from the fact that she had been the only other person occupying the bridge that she had to have some significant status onboard. Status befitting such a valuable asset as a meister capable of seeing the future.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70