Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52467 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #645 on: May 08, 2021, 09:36:22 pm »

Kirari

She tensed right alongside Miru, faced with another decision. "Aia attacked me on sight. We struggled and I was injured. Miru - Lieutenant Mirun - attempted to talk her down, but Aia resisted, and was shot to save my life." Kirari glanced at Miru, her concern great enough to reach her expression. The former Dame rose to her feet, giving the rattled soldier a pat on the shoulder she hoped was reassuring before turning back to Mina. "We have some history."

What came next was inevitable, but she could at least face it on her terms. Kirari looked Monika in the eye for a long moment, then gave the other woman a small nod. She moved across the room, her deliberate stride an attempt to disguise her anxiety - and numerous other conflicting emotions - as she approached her goal. Her black gaze rested on the matching inky crystal for just a brief moment before she reached down, picked up the rapier, and gave it a small flourish that spoke of long experience. It's been a lifetime. She turned back around, watching for the general's reaction.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 09, 2021, 05:09:18 pm »

Monika

With her experience working with the woman, Monika was able to clearly see what Kirari was trying to say the moment they locked eyes with each other, returning the nod with her own. She had nothing to say when Kirari walked over to retrieve her long lost weapon, her true Holy Weapon, only glancing at the General at her side to see how she'd take the news. At this point, the spotlight was effectively on Kirari.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 10, 2021, 01:25:16 pm »

Eilyth

"We'll work it out along the way," Eilyth nodded, "Given her qualities, I doubt there are genuine shortages of suitable candidates. The trick is to get one less Omnicidally insane. And more easily killable than an out and out physical god, if necessary."
    She directed her gaze squarely at Allia, expression unreadable but clearly bothered by something "Though now that you mention luck... there is one thing I've been wondering for a while now. At the wedding, you mom conveniently happened to always have something come up just as I was about to actually meet her. And Brienne just so happened to get into a fatal car accident... there a reason for that stuff? Why keep the two of us from meeting? And why get rid of Brienne then, when she was basically irrelevant and hundreds of miles away?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 12, 2021, 09:44:49 pm »

Yava

Following Kallisto's suggestion, Yava found herself in Renarbor, a ruined port city in Perdition. Once home to a bustling trade center during imperial times, it had long since deteriorated into an anthill full of villains and scumbags. Yava had heard of it before, from her mentor, it was a place that no sane woman should ever visit. Piracy caused by the constant Lanican upheavals had caused trade through Renarbor's port to become too dangerous, leading to a rise in piracy in Perdition as well. Such rampant lawlessness would seem a project for Tyranian Dames to deal with, but by the time Tyran was formed, Perdition's identity as a pirate haven was far too well established to remove. Thievery and murder were the culture of the land, and a strange sense of honor had formed around it. A sense of honor that paid no heed to outsiders like Yava.

But if she was to find the Seer, she needed information, and according to Kallisto, the best place to find information on the supernatural was from the de facto ruler of Renarbor, Captain Theresa Malakai. Captain Malakai reportedly had a powerful holy weapon user working for her, one capable of seeing the future itself. All Yava had to do was sneak aboard the Promise of the Profaned Oyster, find the clairvoyant, force the information she needed out of them, and escape with her life. There was always the option of walking up and asking for an audience with one of the most famed and dangerous pirates of the Ircundic. Given the monumental task of sneaking in, that might actually be less suicidal, had it any chance of success at all.

Silvia

Despite Silvia's best attempts, the girl of the paper stack remained KO'd.

"Silvia, we're going." Mirala beckoned her to leave, apparently unconcerned about the unconscious Lanican Silvia would be leaving behind.

Something was very off about that, and the urgency in Mirala's voice didn't lend Silvia to a sense of ease. Something Mirala had found concerned her greatly, and she wanted to find somewhere private to discuss. She quickly led Silvia to a secluded hallway. Not entirely devoid of people, complete isolation would only draw more suspicion, but empty enough for a quiet conversation to be held away from prying ears.

"Did you find anything?" Mirala asked, giving Silvia the opportunity to share before they were derailed by whatever Mirala had found.

Lunete

Lunete watched the Katrian duo exit the filing room, but Shinko didn't follow. She had the opportunity to tail them further, but doing so would require leaving her minion to an unknown fate.

Astarte

Teya chuckled. "You won't force anything out of me. Maybe Hera, or Adia if she hadn't left, but not me." Teya pushed a little harder on the dagger, drawing blood, "You really have no idea who you're dealing with here, do you, Astarte? You're nothing more than a two-bit cop, out of your depth here in the underworld. You've just dropped two of the most dangerous names possible without a second thought. If I didn't know Mathyas was a complete moron, I'd think he was trying to get you killed."

She pulled the knife back and sheathed it with a flourish, met Astarte's eyes with a warning glare, and then turned to leave without another word.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 10:24:13 am by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #649 on: May 12, 2021, 09:59:19 pm »

Lunete

A crystalline blackness cloaked beneath innocuous cloth followed the Katrians a short distance down the hall. It flicked toward the door to the filing room alongside its organic counterpart to the tune of a suppressed sigh hissed through teeth on the edge of grinding. Her targets were getting away, and her asset had failed to reappear behind them. "By Kallisto's hairy armpits, I swear if they get into something, I'll. . ." She wasn't entirely certain what she would do if they escaped her surveillance entirely, only that it was unlikely to be pleasant for whoever it involved. Given what Lunete was doing and what she'd been told, that included herself.

With a final huff of irritation, Lunete pushed herself into the room, letting the Katrians fade from sight for the moment. She somehow managed to make her entrance theatrical, as she cast her one-eyed gaze about the room. "Shinko, I need you with me. We have much work to do and so little time left to -" Her gaze alighted on the stack of papers, and she considered turning right back around. Babysitting the girl after she'd managed to knock herself out would waste valuable time. Even so. . . "Thrice-damned girl is more trouble than she's worth." Lunete muttered under her breath as she strode heedlessly through the room, crouching next to the stack of papers that inevitably contained her wayward sidekick and beginning the task of excavating Shinko.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 12, 2021, 11:35:09 pm »

Yava

She had been to plenty of festering shitholes of a city before, but this one still took the cake for its dilapidation and its oppressive atmosphere. Yorshka's words alone could've never truly done this place justice. Part of her wondered if trying to convince Arrow would've been so suicidal by comparison after all. It didn't matter though. She was here now, and there was no going back empty handed. And she didn't deserve to just run away and pretend none of this ever happened.

Infiltration, or an audience? Truth be told, she was more prepared for the former. Her Poncho was altered to be virtually impossible to notice, her jeans and shirt to be virtually impossible to penetrate the surfaces of, and her shoes to be nearly impossible to hear. On her utility belt rode a small, cheap flashlight, rigged to be almost guaranteed to blind whomever it flashed. The final item she'd prepared for this journey was just beside it, a bottle with a few pills of aspirin, each altered to be highly likely to cause cellular regeneration instead of merely anti-inflammation. Wouldn't by any means save her in the midst of violent confrontation like the powers of a healer would, but if she managed to drag herself away from trouble and lie low, it could be the difference between bleeding out in a corner or being able to carry on.

"I suppose I should do little recon first..." She muttered to herself. The audience option was almost certain to require her heading to the ship anyway, so no matter what she decided it would kill to birds with one stone. With her first task decided, she set off to where she'd been told the vessel was docked, intent on getting close enough only to see what the external security was like for now.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 13, 2021, 11:06:49 am »

Yava

The shady corner of the port where the Promise was moored held little immediate threat for Yava. Even the vilest of fool wasn't stupid enough to approach without good reason. The duo guarding the gangplank made it obvious why. A tall, brawny blonde with one hand replaced by a sword, the icy crystal edge making it clear that it was a holy weapon. She wore a red bandana, a blue-striped t-shirt tied off above her belly, and jeans. Her blue-haired companion was notably scrawnier and very twitchy, her single revealed eye always on alert. In addition to an eyepatch, she also wore jeans and a striped shirt, although her was not tied up. Although Yava saw no holy weapon on the second, it was extremely likely that both were meisters. And even disregarding that, the expensive handguns hanging from their belts were probably enough to ward off the average lowlife with the old, rusty pistol they got from the pawn shop a mile back.

If Yava wanted to go through the front door, she was going to have to deal with those two. Of course, finding another way aboard the vast vessel was going to be no easier.

Monika and Kirari

Mina was clever enough to catch on immediately. She was not fearless enough to resist taking a step back, putting Monika between her and the violent killer that had just revealed herself. The tension in the air was like molasses as the general hesitated in her response. She was aware of the threat Kirari posed and ready to use that threat on her enemies, or so she had thought. Facing a calm and collected Kirari was far more worrying than the Kirari that had played at being an innocent girl. That was the real truth of it all: Despite her amnesia, Kirari had never been innocent in the eyes of those around her. She was just a touch too violent, too quiet when it mattered, she was wrong. And now the reason for that wrongness had reared its ugly head, leaving even someone like General Mina speechless. Speechless, because now it all made sense.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #652 on: May 13, 2021, 11:41:09 am »

Kirari

She remained motionless, the moment drawing out as she looked back at the general. Fear. It was neither unexpected, nor unfamiliar. She might have taken a step toward Mina, but a fresh memory of pain bloomed in her chest at the thought. Instead, she simply placed the tip of the blade on the ground, and let her eyes fall slightly. Kirari was searching for the correct response to the situation, but despite her calm outward appearance, she was desperately clutching at scraps of sentences on the inside.  "General Mina. I. . ." A sigh. "You don't need to be afraid of me." Kirari glanced at Monika; she wasn't sure who the look was supposed to reassure.

"As you have clearly understood, I am the former Dame, Kirari Arceneaux. Aia Watts was a Katrian girl I used as a test subject for my power." It pained her to say the words out loud again, and she couldn't keep the strain out of her voice. "I made a mistake, and our minds switched places. My memories were hidden from me by the process." And Aia lost her very identity, becoming nothing more but my shadow. "Exposure to a Neridan holy weapon returned them." There was no need to go into the details of her experience with Doc and Verna. Her loyalties were doubted in many ways already, and if they'd brought Aia here with the "knowledge" of her being Kirari, there were few options for their intentions.

"However, I am. . ." She trailed off again, composure cracking further. She was not the same person. Kira Nerest was gone with the wind, a phantom conjured up so a monster could keep her delusions of innocence. "I have no desire to return to being who I once was. I would rather die at the hands of my closest friends than let that happen." Kirari's eyes moved to the sides once more, giving Monika and Miru each a glance that was equal parts apologetic and sad. "I understand if this is difficult to believe. I want. . . I want to. . ." Her eyes squeezed shut of their own accord. "I leave all decisions in this matter to my superior officers." The emotion that had crept into her voice vanished with this last, pressed away as she retreated into familiar territory. I need to rely on you, Monika. I'm sorry.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 13, 2021, 11:42:48 am »

Yava

Hmmm... Two in front, dressed rather stereotypically at that. Figures that most of her crew's muscle are probably meisters.

A disappointing set of findings, but not at all unexpected given who she was dealing with. It certainly complicated the infiltration angle even more though; sneaking in behind the backs of normal guards she could do. Had done hundreds of times even without a holy weapon. Meisters though? There was a bad track record there. In fact, she was fairly certain that the night she'd been caught, it was a Meister taking point on security. And again, it had been a meister who foiled her here on this continent. She still shuddered to think what would've happened had Sola not intervened that day. And with that shudder came the guilt of how she'd betrayed the woman who saved her. As in the moment she had original done it though, she pushed it down, let it join the rest of her growing self-loathing. Soon enough she'd have 100 ways to hate herself.

Anyways, the track record aside, One meister, she could probably work around if she knew in advance. But when the ship was potentially crawling with an unknown number? And she had no real idea of the layout or where her target was?

Perhaps Audience really would be best idea. At least to try first...

She wasn't quite ready to make that call though. Carefully picking her away around the dock to avoid unwanted attention, she tried to get a bead on the rest of the ship. Any other guards stationed on the outside, any alternative entry points reachable from here, etc.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 13, 2021, 05:00:51 pm »

Monika

Naturally, Monika didn't budge from her position as the General took a step back, returning her gaze to Kirari as the latter explained herself. It was only when she brought up her superior officers that Monika moved, turning her head to look back at Mina, "Well General Mina, the decision ultimately comes down to you, considering you're a higher rank than I am. But as Kirari's current superior officer, I'm still willing to give her a shot. You already knew Aia was connected to Kirari, so this doesn't exactly change your plans, does it?" Monika questioned, hands finding themselves in her pant pockets as she looked back at Kirari, a slight smile present on her calm, business-like expression, "Besides, she's clearly telling the truth about wanting to change. If she wasn't, then I probably wouldn't be here. She had plenty of chances to off me while we were in Neridus."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 08:12:52 am by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 20, 2021, 09:33:43 pm »

Estela

Estela grinned like a nutcase as her subordinate charged in. She was damn fast, fast enough that if Estela was just reacting to what she did, she wouldn't be able to keep up - heck, even with her arms coming up before the kick had properly begun she barely had time to finish the motion. There was a loud crack and burst of light as one of her arms snapped out towards the incoming blow.

She wasn't trying to counter her - at least not fully, she was too fast for that. But she could deflect the force of the blow, make it so Mirka didn't get to put the entirety of her considerable momentum to use.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 22, 2021, 01:26:17 pm »

Mirka

The kick got knocked aside all too easily. Time to change tack, then. Mirka landed on her feet, then dashed straight past Estela, hoping to be able to quickly turn around and get a quick shot at Mirka's back.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 25, 2021, 05:51:47 pm »

Silvia

"Two things. First, some reading on the Eden cult. They're completely mad, don't care about killing whoever they feel they need to, though they don't seem to currently be hostile to the local administration. Other thing's a doc; I didn't get a chance to read it over, but it looked relevant."
With that, she stuck a hand in a pocket, and pulled out a small square of paper between two fingers, proffered to Mirala with a meaningful look. Intel on Lanica.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 12:35:13 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 26, 2021, 10:30:20 am »

Estela

"Good recovery!" Estela called as she followed through and tried to pursue, but then Mirka wasn't in front of her anymore. Not having time to turn to follow, Estela snapped an elbow backwards (in case Mirka had gotten too close) and side-stepped as she turned to try and find where she'd gone.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 15, 2021, 10:52:58 am »

Astarte

Once Teya's knife drew blood, the only two reactions Astarte gave were a slight narrow of her eyes and a flex of her remaining hand, frost beginning to form on said hand as she instinctively activated her Holy Weapon. For a moment, the Lady of Hell was about to make good on her threat, properly forcing the information she wanted out of them. But as quickly as her rage grew, it dissipated as she took stock of her surroundings, mainly at the other patrons. In all likelyhood, some might jump to Teya's defense if a fight were to break out between the two. Astarte was in unfamiliar territory, and it would've been easy for Teya to have planted allies within the crowds. She could defeat Teya easily, without a doubt, but only in a 1-on-1 fight. Any backup would easily tip the balance.

Clearly, she wasn't going to get her information here. So the only way she was going to was to get Teya elsewhere for a proper talk.

"Fine then" Astarte started, letting out a heavy sigh before walking forward herself, making sure she kept up her pace to push past Teya despite their head start, "I'll just have to find someone with a bit more spine" she added as she passed, stepping out of the bar and immediately turning towards one of the side paths as she put the bar behind her. She'd stick around the area for some time at least, see if she couldn't find Teya again in a more secluded area, but as she did so, she'd have to make a call.

She still had her command over the guard, and if there was a possibility of her being jumped by Teya and a few other lackies, then Astarte would not be caught unaware.
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70