Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 68238 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2020, 09:31:56 am »

Year 245- The Miragians do not take Hagatai's renewed aggression lightly and begin scaling up their guerrilla campaign against the Black Qhanganate. They begin stockpiling Dalain blasting powder, recognizing its potential uses in the art of warfare. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:45:46 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2020, 09:38:01 am »

Year 246

Yarlac Drem resigns from his position as court-mage in the King of Thairmar. His work of necromancy becomes his utmost of study nowadays, being in such of a position found that Drem was constantly distracted with other inane tasks for a household he didn't care for. King Mahen was confused at Yarlac's sudden resignation, but agreed on his release.

To go further in his studies, Yarlac Drem had to go some place where he could have a reliable source of bodies to work with.. then it hit him while he was travelling on the road- he was to move to the growingly wealthy, but notorious city of Lotham in Arghila. It would seem every week the Crier of King Mahen's court when Yarlac was still a court-mage would bring downright crazy words of the ongoings in that city- bloody field-battle worthy fights on the streets, numerous high profile smugglers lodging in the city, corrupt guardsmen, thousands dying a day- almost anything! Yarlac was sure to have an ample supply without anyone noticing strange going on with him or someone disturbing his studies.

When he arrives to Lotham he quickly purchases a meat shop property in the inner-city portion of Lotham that seemingly has an extensive underground storage network, which is a perfect place to set up his "lair" of a sort. Not being interested in actually running the shop, he rents out the store floor space to unassuming professional Butchers in his new neighborhood who lost their store to city-bandits. The rent money he will collect from them will help Yarlac along with his research, along with gaining some animal parts to study with, not only some taken from human bodies as he plans to do.

Further in the year when he gets settled in, Yarlac has the first successful reanimations- some skeletons he gathered from a cemetery and one full bodied Slugman. The Slugman was presumably a pirate of some sort due to his squabbled together lamellar-marine armor and scimitar Yarlac had found in his coffin. Yarlac has the simple skeletons equipped from cleavers from the shop level and has his Slugman pirate become his prime lieutenant due to still having his sapience somehow. Rightfully the Slugman is ever grateful to be brought back to "life" and is indebted loyalty to Yarlac.

With this coming all about, Yarlac studies into necromancy increases by an exponential mount as he gathers more and more dark tombs to read from..

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2020, 10:02:28 am »

Year 246.2- Independent slugman duke Yano IV passes away, resulting in the royal title passing to to his son the now duke Mohiro II. Controversy soon spreads like wildfire as credible evidence comes to light pointing to Mohiro as the true identity of the Mad Moon Mauler, a greatly feared serial killer known for striking only on the night of a full moon. This killer had menaced the area for many years. Further evidence is leaked out revealing that Yano IV had known and had actively been covering up Mohiro's involvement. An angry mob throws the uncrowned duke into a dungeon as a period of unrest grips the land 

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2020, 10:47:52 am »

Year 246.3

Mikey Two-Spears would happen to owe a favor to the serial-killer prince, now jailed duke Mohiro II- the favor being gained when Mohiro had done away with a captain of the guard in a town Mikey Two-Spears used to be active in, being "done away" with a polite euphemism for being mysteriously ravaged to death- claw and bite marks everywhere. Mikey only knew of this because he had seen Mohira transform back into his original form at dawn when he was gathering intel on the guard house, which took care of his wanted status and investigation on him in the town he was operating in. Due to this favor Mikey Two-Spears and his crew attempt to break Mohiro out of his palace dungeon.

Bonus for Mikey Two-Spears possessing [Carths Bone] and another one for his experienced footmen that would have adept skills in sneakcraft and B&E.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:18:07 am by Lidku »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2020, 10:59:32 am »

((For reference, the intent here is that Mohiro has been transforming into a were-bear after his experience with the Bearwalkers))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 12, 2020, 11:15:45 am »

((Ah I forgot about that. I slightly adjusted my post. Also a Slugman were-wolf? Now I want to see what that looks like, lol)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 12, 2020, 11:23:04 am »

Year 246.5-247.2
It takes Broth and the new settlers a much longer time to get back to the oasis village this time around, since the settlers are quite ignorant in the ways of the desert. Indeed, two settlers are a victim of death by cactus before everyone manages to get back to the oasis village; they arrive in 246.5. By 247, with the help of the new settlers and Broth's former crewmates that had been hanging around the area, houses have been built for all twenty new arrivals. The building operations were directed by Drilka, one of the new arrivals - she has some experience in building design. Roll for how well the houses are built; do keep in mind Drilka's admittedly small amount of experience.

The villagers quickly realize they'll need more food and water to support them. As a result, from 247.1-247.2, the villagers search for another oasis or similar area.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2020, 11:57:51 am »

Year 246.6 - 247.3
The Great Scar University sends out envoys to Streamland, Refugio Guerra and Council of Dragolia to gain a following for another hopefully More successful Expedition to obtain a Titan egg.

Through going bothways in regards of Calligraphic Magic, the University ist able to Research the niches of the individual Magic systems AS Well AS having the ability to obtain a broader use by using and refining the standarized system. Many new subjects are formed such AS, Draconian Architecture, Dwarven Runeology or Slugman Glyphography. The conflict from before remains but the brightest Minds can See the Advantage of having both systems in place.

In Refugio Guerra the Goblins enter many different fields of Life. Their innovative unconventional way AS Well AS their cruelty helps them to gain a Foothold Into the merchantry and guild businesses of the state.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2020, 01:58:41 pm »

YEAR 247.5
With Refugio Guerra banning slavery, the constant stream of slaves from the west has dried up and the progress on Lizardmen's construction has slowed down significantly. But, as expected, the Lizardmen would not let their primary route of transporting slaves from the west go so easily. So, for the first time ever, the Lizardman Slave Traders have stopped their competition and have joined forces to get their source of slaves back.

They will attempt to get Refugio Guerra to at least let them transport slaves through Refugio Guerra and will bribe Refugio Guerran officials, call the banning of slaves discrimination against their culture or insist that most slaves would have a better life as slaves than as free men or anything really that might achieve what they want.

Lizardman Slave Traders attempt to open a route for transporting slaves through Refugio Guerra
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2020, 02:08:00 pm »

((Ah I forgot about that. I slightly adjusted my post. Also a Slugman were-wolf? Now I want to see what that looks like, lol)
((A Slugman werebear
I’m guessing the humanoid parts turn bear like and the slug parts continue being slug parts? So, if Iremember the picture correctly, which I. Probably don’t, a bear with tentacles for a mouth that trails mucus where it slides, bear eyes on stalks, and the arms turn into the front legs of the bear. Also has bear ears))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 03:33:21 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2020, 03:04:12 pm »

Year 247.6
The attempt of lizardmen trying to at least gain a trade Route for slaves through Refugio Guerra ist Met with resistance and many officials of their government Begin to actively campaign against these attempts.
Abolitionists of Refugio Guerra actively campaign against Slave routes through Refugio Guerra

Edit:
The Goblins RAID the borders of the Aetherials, of the orcs and the Firbolgs.

The orcs raid the Borderlands of the Goblins, the Firbolgs and the Bearwalkers.

The Hrilithian Celestial Empire expands northways to find new Lands to settle and refreshen their armies.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:49:19 pm by Detoxicated »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 13, 2020, 06:51:06 am »

Year 247.7: The Bleg have a massive festival involving many sacrifices of exotic animals and things in order to get some form of boon from the Monolith. Roll to see if the Monolith does anything.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 13, 2020, 07:48:11 am »

Year 247.8
An underwater volcano erupts in the Northeast.
An archipelago forms.
This prompts Donkebab to visit the Island bringing seeds of all plants and many animals there.
She Likes what she Sees and creates the Batpeople from Bark seashells and the Obsidian Floor.
Quickly they begin colonizing the archipelago. Many Familien of hunter-gatherer Batpeople make their living in No Time.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 13, 2020, 10:43:28 pm »

Year 248-251

Repairing and rebuilding in Streamland continues using the help from Moss Troll Island. In more interesting news, Streamland gets the news about the fallen fort. They are not happy about it. Now, there is this little ideology post-2nd Crusade that has been popular in the more Western human kingdoms, that they failed the crusaders and so need to redeem themselves through multinational efforts known as "Redemption Crusades". For reference, the destruction of the Coast of Cults was considered the First Redemption Crusade. And now that an attack has happened, a second one is declared with the following goals:

-Drive back the Black Qhaganate from expanding outward
-Retake the fort
-Rescue any and all loyal prisoners
-Reinforce the defensive line

While the state of Streamland means that they can provide the close army they could just a few decades earlier, the Kingdom of Thairmar, Karhan, and Zalalastan have all made up for that.
The Tripartite and a few Streamlander retinues launch a counter attack.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2020, 08:52:25 am »

Year 252: The alchemist Randor who created the black powder has returned with another creation that he hopes will aid in the rebuilding, he brought forth several creatures he called golems he said they were made with alchemical potions and regular clay and demonstrated how they could be told to do things. Roll for how well the golems aid in the rebuilding.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 76