Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Elf Academy [Turn 8: A Good Thrashing]  (Read 16625 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 3: Ephemeral]
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2020, 10:48:43 am »

Right, then. We're close. I can feel it. I just need two things... clothes befitting this awkward form, and... to make said form actually stick.

"A fair point..." Wylmir murmurs, still dealing with the very unsettling wobble between genders. "Wow, this... is actually starting to work. You're as strong as I thought!"

Practice Water magic together with Maerith. Something we're both good at. If my transformation has anything to do with it, then I want to be able to control the "flow" of my body's "tidal changes". Also, while I'm at it, since she's helped me out a lot, I want to know if she has anything I can help out with too.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 3: Ephemeral]
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2020, 05:03:54 pm »

Turn 4: Density

Yes, hopefully not carols.  Still, songs of slaughter aren't carols..

Use the songforge and some metal to make the crab beast some armour.  And by armour I mean a weapon it can wear.  Use Fire for strength and passion, since it seems enthusiastic about murder, Metal because metal, and Weaponsmithing because it's "armour."
[5] You create a silver harness featuring a giant bladed spike it can easily ram into its foes, then drag back and forth in a sadistic sawing motion. It makes ominous musical sounds as it does so.

The crab monster is incredibly happy with its new toy and departs at once to "feast on the screams of the unworthy."

+2 xp to Fire, Metal, Weaponsmithing
Now +2 Apprentice of Fire! Now +1 Novice of Weaponsmithing!

Return to my body through the time stream.. Then just drain more lifespan from that troublesome cat. How in the world did I turn myself into a wraith...
[5] You "swim" desperately down to your body, stopping by the cat on the way. It seems she's falling slower than you are, while your body is falling faster than the rest of the world. The two are linked by a very tangible chain, which you realize must be the time drain effect between the two of you. You use that to clamber to your much swifter-falling corpse and stuff yourself back inside.

You wake up back in the central hall with some really interesting things going on in your vicinity.

+2 xp to Time
No longer Castoff Timewraith

Go ahead and go back to the death mageling with my horny minion in tow. When I see she's not home, simply bite out the throat of her vacant body. Then, fuck Arkaras the Harbinger on top of the corpse. Good amount of blood that way. (Life, Instinct, Lovemaking)
[6] You start vigorously gnawing on the mageling while making out with the minion. Some might call this a misunderstanding of the term bloodlust. You call it multitasking, until the mageling wakes up still insufficiently gnawed. Arkaras seems pretty down for a threesome including two mortal foes.

+2 xp to Life, Instinct, Lovemaking
Now +1 Novice of Lovemaking!

Try to remove the magic and walk away from the fight in shame. Just go the Earth Arch to do the Bone cage thing and probably die.
[4] Unsure of how to remove the magic, you just wiggle your soft flesh internally until you get your body pendulum-tottering around from internal forces. You shovel yourself into the Earth classroom, beg for death, and quickly knock yourself into the candy crusher.

[4-1] You scream a lot as you're partially crushed into paste. The professor sneers out a "Disgusting" as he throws a coin at you. Through the haze of agony it looks like platinum with a yellow star on it.

+Hideous Agony
+Sigil of Earth

"Hahaha! Was that the best you could do? Pathetic!"

Convince the flames currently burning me that they really hate Maeric and should burn him instead.
[2] They continue to hate you with a, heh, burning passion.

Geddit? Because you're running out of skin.

+1 xp to Fire
+Agonizing Fire

Call over to the fire lady.
Excuse me, is this suitable for your commendation?
If there’s an objection: “Well, it is melted. It’s in a liquid state. It’s just not that hot.
"Wow, really clever! Why would you need to HEAT something to get a FIRE recommendation?"

She beams at your addendum. "Wow, good point! Sure! You get my commendation. I'm just not going to give you the sigil that proves it or tell anybody about it. Clever move there buddy!"

Use Life and Chaos to make the crystals hallucinogenic when touched, then tell the professor to come over to where I am, and that I made a drug he can try
You try to use Life and Chaos to adjust the crystals, but can't merge the two. It seems two Precepts can't be used at the same time.

Right, then. We're close. I can feel it. I just need two things... clothes befitting this awkward form, and... to make said form actually stick.

"A fair point..." Wylmir murmurs, still dealing with the very unsettling wobble between genders. "Wow, this... is actually starting to work. You're as strong as I thought!"

Practice Water magic together with Maerith. Something we're both good at. If my transformation has anything to do with it, then I want to be able to control the "flow" of my body's "tidal changes". Also, while I'm at it, since she's helped me out a lot, I want to know if she has anything I can help out with too.
[1] Maerith has you assist in augmenting her own appearance. This goes, uh...

Her skin is rebelling. It's trying to flow right off her bones (or muscles, you guess) and wriggle off somewhere. She's understandably shrieking-in-terror about this.

+1 xp to Shapeshifting

NPC Update
Lyrica: [4] Sleepy elf sleeps up some flowers. They're comfy to sleep some more in.
Para: [3] Para gets into shenanigans trying to acquire corpses.
Cerennic: [4] Cerennic does stuff in a library or something. What is he, here to learn?
Arkaras: [Yakety Sax] Arkaras breakdances with one elf before making out with another on top of a third. Been a weird day in general.
Maeric: [3] Vicious assault notwithstanding, Maeric burns his fingers practicing the fire arts.
Maerith: [Assistance] Maerith gains a minion and works on shapeshifting, to mixed effect.
Ythra: [1] Ythra spends most of the day tumbling around with her evil earth-clone as they try to ritually sacrifice each other.
Daelyn: [1] After a very, very, very brief incident with local authorities (that is to say, the giant hellbeast guarding someone's muffin cart) Daelyn makes a deal with a gnome and lays low for a while.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC Students (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 4: Density]
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2020, 05:07:13 pm »

Question, why two exp to time? Wouldn't the lifespan drain boosting magnitude and my apprentice status mean more, or is it just that greater actions beget more EXP?

"You know, this is a weird way to say you want a lay."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:09:33 pm by TricMagic »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2020, 05:09:36 pm »

There weren't any particular skills used, you just got the xp to Time because it was a very illuminating Time-related experience. That's also why you got 4 xp for hurling yourself out of your own body, despite rolling low.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2020, 05:18:46 pm »

"Sorry, thought you were dead. Wanna make out? Or maybe fight to the death?" Felidardinia says in a confused haze.

(Life, Instinct) Do whatever instinct deems appropriate.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2020, 05:27:23 pm »

Wylmir's pretty terrified himself; can't let this happen to my first and best contact.

"M-Mistress! Hang on, I'll help you!"

Help Maerith out by using my Serenity to calm her flesh-wracking transformation!

Hotfire90

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2020, 05:55:24 pm »

"This isn't over yet! You will be my servant soon!" Celine yells at her more successful rival as she runs away screaming.

Get the hell away from Maeric and find a body of water to extinguish the flames with.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2020, 05:59:48 pm »

Go make my own weapon next!  Lets make a nice halberd for me, using Fire, Metal, and Weaponsmithing, cutting my skill ranks in half for +1 to the roll.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2020, 06:08:36 pm »

What precept could be used to make the crystal brittle without destroying the hallucinogens?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2020, 06:10:57 pm »

"Sorry, thought you were dead. Wanna make out? Or maybe fight to the death?" Felidardinia says in a confused haze.

"Well, there is a water recommendation we can double team." she whispers Go do that and drag her along. Likewise cast Stasis on my womb to keep any sperm from being able to actually impregnate me.

If the dude follows, drain his lifespan. Actually, might as well just hit him with a curse to make him extremely clumsy and uncoordinated. Maybe he'll end up killing himself and I can come back later to use him.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2020, 06:19:23 pm »

Never mind. New plan.

Use Life to grow the amount of hallucinogens, hopefully causing the crystal to be hallucinogenic when touched. Test whether it works
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:12:54 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2020, 06:28:41 pm »

try to use Precept of earth and  Particular of Flesh to Disable my ability to feel pain or at least increase my pain threshold.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 06:31:05 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2020, 06:49:18 pm »

"Maybe if you want to work together then you could help remove this..." tail flick
"Annoying curse."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2020, 11:45:45 pm »

-_-
Well if you’re going to be like that.
Pump life energy into all the nearby flames to make them much hotter, and bring the metal over to it so that it gets to that “white hot” point or whatever is suitable.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:01:09 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2020, 03:11:51 pm »

Turn 5: Adaptation

"Well, there is a water recommendation we can double team." she whispers Go do that and drag her along. Likewise cast Stasis on my womb to keep any sperm from being able to actually impregnate me.

If the dude follows, drain his lifespan. Actually, might as well just hit him with a curse to make him extremely clumsy and uncoordinated. Maybe he'll end up killing himself and I can come back later to use him.

[6] You perfectly protect your womb from any unwanted intrusions. Or wanted intrusions. Or uncomfortable bending. Or comfortable bending.

You appear to have a solid barrier in your abdomen and it's rather weird and inconvenient.

[2] You bang the water guy. He calls you crap in bed (it's hard to move and you're distracted!) but gives you a shiny coin anyway. Looks like platinum with a yellow five-pointed star on once face.

+6 xp to Order
Now +1 Novice of Order! Now +2 Apprentice of Order!
+Wombshell

The mageling drags you over to the water guy, who sneers in disgust. "Ugh, I don't know what you're supposed to be, but it's certainly nothing I want anything to do with."

[6] You LOUDLY and VISIBLY mate with the giant elf right in front of the water guy, both to produce strong offspring and show off that not mating with you is a mistake.

Eventually he approaches you with an offer, clearly concerned and mortified. "If I give you both a commendation will you leave and never come back?"

+3 xp to Life, Instinct
Now +2 Apprentice of Life! Now +2 Apprentice of Instinct!

Wylmir's pretty terrified himself; can't let this happen to my first and best contact.

"M-Mistress! Hang on, I'll help you!"

Help Maerith out by using my Serenity to calm her flesh-wracking transformation!
[6] You both manage to calm her flesh into a serene state, like the surface of a still pond. Also like the surface of a still pond, it ripples easily and rapidly in response to external stimuli or her own emotions. Such as when she realizes her flesh is going to roil whenever she becomes panicked about her flesh roiling.

So that's pretty interesting.

+3 xp to Water, Serenity

"This isn't over yet! You will be my servant soon!" Celine yells at her more successful rival as she runs away screaming.

Get the hell away from Maeric and find a body of water to extinguish the flames with.
[3] You eventually hurl your charred body into a pool of water. This helps soothe the unbearable pain in addition to preventing further fire. You are now badly burnt, badly weakened, and badly waterlogged. Fortunately your rival doesn't appear to follow.

Somewhat On Fire + Agonizing Fire -> Badly Charred

Go make my own weapon next!  Lets make a nice halberd for me, using Fire, Metal, and Weaponsmithing, cutting my skill ranks in half for +1 to the roll.
[3+1] You create a perfectly serviceable halberd out of silver.

+1 xp to Fire, Metal, Weaponsmithing
+Silver Halberd

Never mind. New plan.

Use Life to grow the amount of hallucinogens, hopefully causing the crystal to be hallucinogenic when touched. Test whether it works
[1] You blend everything, so the whole plant starts crystallizing from the inside out with staining hallucinogenic goo. You don't think they can survive this process.

+1 xp to Chaos
1 Mediocre Hideous Neon Green Crystal Hallucinogenic Flowers now Blended and Crystalizing

try to use Precept of earth and  Particular of Flesh to Disable my ability to feel pain or at least increase my pain threshold.
[3] You toughen up your sense of pain, but deaden your sense of feeling in the process. Numbness is better than agony, at least!

+2 xp to Earth, +1 xp to Flesh
+Deadened Senses

-_-
Well if you’re going to be like that.
Pump life energy into all the nearby flames to make them much hotter, and bring the metal over to it so that it gets to that “white hot” point or whatever is suitable.
[6] You get the fires really raging and... well, you're not sure how to fetch or transport your goo, but it's already in there so you suppose it's fine?

...only it's not fine. There's no apparent change. You're not sure if that's because it's already molten and boiling or because it's handling temperature weird now. There's no color change at all, though, which makes you suspicious that it's actually getting hot like it's supposed to.

+6 xp to Life
Now +3 Adept of Life!

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC Students (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9