Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Elf Academy [Turn 8: A Good Thrashing]  (Read 16597 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 2: Coordination]
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2020, 09:33:36 pm »

((Would using Death to reduce the rate of leaking be valid?))
I mean... by killing the plant or something, sure. By withering the rate of leakage, no.
((hmm, what precept(s) would be good at slowing down/stopping the leaking without killing the plant?))
Probably life, maybe water or earth.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2020, 09:56:14 pm »

Use Life, Water, and Earth to stop the leaking without killing the flowers
Use Chaos to change the goo’s boiling point to whatever temperature is the temperature here, causing it to evaporate as soon as it touches air. Hopefully this doesn’t damage the plant
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:40:53 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2020, 09:58:45 pm »

..why not kill the plant?  It isn't like it's going to be alive after being eaten.. and the drugs should be fine.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2020, 10:24:55 pm »

((hmm, what precept(s) would be good at slowing down/stopping the leaking without killing the plant?))
Probably Chaos to alter it, maybe Order to keep it contained, Water to slightly adjust where/how it flows, or Earth to toughen or thicken the plant or goo too much for the latter to escape.

You can only use one Precept per action, and you can't take actions without some skill in at least one of the skills used in it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2020, 09:38:44 pm »

So, um
Are we waiting on a player, or just on the turn?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2020, 04:09:26 am »

We have 5/8 actions by my count, but I'll go ahead soon regardless.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2020, 04:25:54 am »

Okay, now I'm worried, because we're 7/8.

Edit: no wait, now I count 8/8.

NO NO NO. Try again to harden my body then attack Arkaras
"Wading through fountains of blood is very much not-Christmas."

Retrieve some metal, and approach the NPC Daelin Fangsong. "Hey, Want to help out?  I'll give you some metal too if you help me build this.."

Try to go build a lovely magical forge out of a single bar of metal, using Precept of Fire, Particular of Metal, and Precipitation of Architecture.  Ask Daelin Fangsong to help out, perhaps with air to help with the draught, Song for some pumping tunes or such.
Gratefully accepting the help, Wylmir does his best to focus on getting the polymorph right. Gotta go girl! And hopefully without looking like some wannabe drag queen. Oh, and apparently this is now to be useful to my new... confidant? Yeah, let's go with that.

"What's your opinion on Chaos, by the by?" he asks conversationally. "Or are you more the Ordered kind of mistress?"
Keep working on it damnit, I’ll make sure this lead melts like it’s supposed to. Try making sure the lead is in an easily-melted state first this time, rather than doing the fire first.
Celine was immensely frustrated that she wasn't making any progress. Her rivals surely would notice her weakness soon and try to kill her for their own gain. She decided that she would beat them to it by doing what she was always good at, inspiring hate in others.

Give a random student a sudden burst of murderous hate against the headmistress. Use the Air precept for this.
Something isn't right here, that spell should have her dead, but... Guess I'll need to do something more direct.

OoC, why are they not dead yet?

Spoiler: Secret actions? (click to show/hide)
Use Chaos to change the goo’s boiling point to whatever temperature is the temperature here, causing it to evaporate as soon as it touches air. Hopefully this doesn’t damage the plant

Yup, eight.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:30:14 am by Egan_BW »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2020, 02:10:57 am »

Turn 3: Ephemeral

NO NO NO. Try again to harden my body then attack Arkaras
[1] You perfectly harden your outer shell without affecting the gooey center. You are now both really satisfying to punch and completely unable to move.

[2] Arkaras winds up a powerful blow and then tries to punch one of your ears off specifically. He misses and ends up breaking a nail.

+1 xp to Earth
Soft Flesh -> Elven Delight

Spoiler: Secret actions? (click to show/hide)
[4+1] You sprint back towards Arkaras and make sultry puppy eyes at him. Kitten eyes. He nods in agreement that you'd look better at his feet in a skimpy outfit, probably with a chain around your neck and the city burning in the background.

The deathmage doesn't follow you, oddly enough.

+1 xp to Life, Instinct, Arguing

Something isn't right here, that spell should have her dead, but... Guess I'll need to do something more direct.

OoC, why are they not dead yet?

[2-1] You hurl your own soul out of your body and into time itself. This sounds pretty neat, but it turns out physical reality is hurtling through time at a rather impressive rate, sort of like the entire world falling down a shaft where gravity doesn't affect you. This means, among other things, that if you don't catch up to your body (or something else to grab onto) soon you might lose sight of it, at which point your chances for ever getting back will probably not be great.

Now Castoff Timewraith
+4 xp to Time
Now +2 Apprentice of Time!

"Wading through fountains of blood is very much not-Christmas."

Retrieve some metal, and approach the NPC Daelin Fangsong. "Hey, Want to help out?  I'll give you some metal too if you help me build this.."

Try to go build a lovely magical forge out of a single bar of metal, using Precept of Fire, Particular of Metal, and Precipitation of Architecture.  Ask Daelin Fangsong to help out, perhaps with air to help with the draught, Song for some pumping tunes or such.
You approach Daelyn with your suggestion. "HAH! Me?! Help you?! Poor insolent fool, you'll be crushed like all the rest!" he laughs dismissively.

However, just as you prepare to do it yourself he clears his throat. "However, I am slightly short on funds at the moment. I might coincidentally appear to assist with your foolish endeavor to the untrained eye!"

[5] Despite your questionable partner and lack of skill, together the two of you make an impressive forge using the power of Fire and Song! The songforge seems to sing on its own, and will no doubt imbue whatever's forged there with song somehow.

...hopefully not carols.

You pass some silver bars to Daelyn for his assistance, who gloats about foolish fools while swaggering off.

+2 xp to Fire, Metal, Architecture
Now +1 Novice of Metal! Now +1 Novice of Architecture!
+Songforge

Gratefully accepting the help, Wylmir does his best to focus on getting the polymorph right. Gotta go girl! And hopefully without looking like some wannabe drag queen. Oh, and apparently this is now to be useful to my new... confidant? Yeah, let's go with that.

"What's your opinion on Chaos, by the by?" he asks conversationally. "Or are you more the Ordered kind of mistress?"
[3] With Maerith's assistance (using the serene flow of Water rather than Chaos) you manage to turn yourself into a girl!

...sort of. You keep kind of... uh... wobbling back? Like a gentle cyclical rhythm between genders, which is actually making you kind of sick. And might or might not fly with the professor.

She stiffens up slightly at the mention of Chaos. "Sounds dangerous to me. I much prefer the gentle flexibility of Water."

+1 xp to Water, Shapeshifting, Deception
Now +1 Novice of Shapeshifting! Now +1 Novice of Deception!
Now Tidally Girl

Keep working on it damnit, I’ll make sure this lead melts like it’s supposed to. Try making sure the lead is in an easily-melted state first this time, rather than doing the fire first.
[6] You whisper foul lies to the lead until it bubbles and melts. Um... it's not actually getting hot, though, so you're not sure if that counts. It's just kind of bubbling in the coals, same dark sheen as before you started.

+3 xp to Chaos, Metal
Now +1 Novice of Chaos! Now +2 Apprentice of Metal!
Lead Bar -> Bubbling-But-Not-Hot Lead Pool

Celine was immensely frustrated that she wasn't making any progress. Her rivals surely would notice her weakness soon and try to kill her for their own gain. She decided that she would beat them to it by doing what she was always good at, inspiring hate in others.

Give a random student a sudden burst of murderous hate against the headmistress. Use the Air precept for this.
[High Players, Low NPCs: 2, Low][5, Maeric Thornmantle]

[2] You casually stroll up to a snooty-looking elf (doesn't narrow it down) and inspire him to murder you. You had a slightly different plan in mind, but sometimes magic works just well enough to make things worse. And also inform your target that you meant him ill.

[4] He takes it pretty well, all things considered, meaning he lights you on fire. It's not a lot of fire, but it's kind of a lot of fire. You could do with less fire.

+1 xp to Hate
Now Somewhat On Fire

[1] You cause the goo to crystallize shortly after exposure to air, resulting in ever-growing crystals that cover the flowers entirely and stain when touched.

Mediocre Hideous Neon Green Leaking Hallucinogenic Flowers -> Mediocre Hideous Neon Green Crystal Hallucinogenic Flowers

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC Students (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 3: Ephemeral]
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2020, 02:26:26 am »

Yes, hopefully not carols.  Still, songs of slaughter aren't carols..

Use the songforge and some metal to make the crab beast some armour.  And by armour I mean a weapon it can wear.  Use Fire for strength and passion, since it seems enthusiastic about murder, Metal because metal, and Weaponsmithing because it's "armour."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2020, 02:40:40 am »

Go ahead and go back to the death mageling with my horny minion in tow. When I see she's not home, simply bite out the throat of her vacant body. Then, fuck Arkaras the Harbinger on top of the corpse. Good amount of blood that way. (Life, Instinct, Lovemaking)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:45:27 am by Egan_BW »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2020, 05:52:34 am »

Try to remove the magic and walk away from the fight in shame. Just go the Earth Arch to do the Bone cage thing and probably die.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Hotfire90

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2020, 06:01:13 am »

"Hahaha! Was that the best you could do? Pathetic!"

Convince the flames currently burning me that they really hate Maeric and should burn him instead.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2020, 07:00:18 am »

Call over to the fire lady.
Excuse me, is this suitable for your commendation?
If there’s an objection: “Well, it is melted. It’s in a liquid state. It’s just not that hot.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2020, 07:37:50 am »

Use Life and Chaos to make the crystals hallucinogenic when touched, then tell the professor to come over to where I am, and that I made a drug he can try

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2020, 08:00:35 am »

Return to my body through the time stream.. Then just drain more lifespan from that troublesome cat. How in the world did I turn myself into a wraith...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:20:19 am by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9