Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 25664 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #465 on: November 25, 2020, 05:42:26 am »

: For a first time, it was as good as we could have hoped for. That experience and the past month's training should be good enough. Baruk looked at the javelin he was armed with, now that he was a full-fledged Hospitalier.

: Well... "has to be" would be more appropriate. We don't have any alternatives.

: Honorable Priest, would there be a problem taking a mount with me to another world?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 25, 2020, 03:00:13 pm »

Giuseppina had felt ill at ease, for this past month, to tell the truth. On one hand, it was actually a little funny - it wasn't by any means uncommon for her to have stayed at a port, or on Tunis, for a couple of months waiting for her father to conclude some form of business, but still sometimes she felt uneasy after being idle on land for so long, and she felt similarly now. But the other part of it... sure, she'd been given some manual labor to do, but to tell the truth she still felt like she wasn't being very useful at all. She wanted to prove she could be, even if these missions were scary and involved a lot of fighting, at least so far... she was able to fight! But that meant too that just sitting around and being taken care of...
:"Um, yes, your highness, I am ready to go. It... well, I guess it sounds a little odd to say, but... yes, I think it will be nice to go another mission like that. Um, hopefully with less undead beings, though."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 25, 2020, 07:46:45 pm »

Irina had been somewhat irritated by the decision to keep everyone sealed within the palace for the last month at first, in particular being kept incommunicando from any of her peers at her academy.  Still, the willingness of the palace scholars and scribes to permit her to assist with research had mollified her, and she reflected after the first week that the knowledge would keep until she and the others could release it.  After all, it was unlikely the palace officials would keep them locked up tight indefinitely or have them executed once the mission had been accomplished.

Probably.

Regardless, she was even more prepared than last time.  More than one empty notebook and backup pencils, as well as several condensed references on written languages from before the cataclysm would be accompanying her this time.  Her own bow would be accompanying her this time as well, restringed and ready for use.  Some rations and water would serve as a supplement to the supplies the others had also brought. And, naturally, a small towel and a waterproof satchel. 

"High Priest Marshan," she responded in acknowledgement, turning to face him.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 26, 2020, 09:17:09 am »

@Irina:

The elderly priest handed Irina the book.

"We've managed to transcibe the magic of the book into our own runes, and compile a spellbook out of it. The schematics and diagrams of the holy and natural powers therein aren't dissimilar to many of ours. Of course, the written language of the book is still alien to us and perhaps we will never decipher it. Here's the book, and an usable copy for you."

//Irina's ?Starshot? becomes Mod.Starshot!

"If the group ever comes in possession of other world's books, I implore you to bring them to me. The magics in here might strengthen our grasp on the powers of the cosmos and bring prosperity to the Empire, one way or another."

@Giuseppina:

The Prince nodded to Sepi.

"Yes, I too would prefer to deal with more living people this time. Hopefully you did't jinx it, Giuseppina." He smiled sheepishly.

@Baruk:

"Yes, you can do that, we've been perfecting the magics of the transportation and as long as you keep it near you, it shall be transported too." Royal Priest brushed his beard.
"...aaaaLIBEERRTIIII!!"
"The magical imprinting of the ritual will make it easier in the upcoming- wait, what's-"
*CRASH!*
"Aliberti!" The guards recoiled in pain as the doors to the hall, opened violently by sprinting girl, smashed against them.

"Aliberti!! How dare you leave without me this time!"

"Uh, Rosana? What are you even doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm coming with you!"

"What? No! This isn't a trip to the Royal Meadows or anything, this is a dangerous journey!"

"Well I sure hope it is not the Meadows! Don't you know how boring that place is?"

"I, but, uh- Royal Priest! You can't agree to that!" The old man clamped his hands and bowed his head in defeat.

"Apologies your Highness, but the Empress herself insisted we let Princess Rosana join you. The matter isn't in my hands. I was about to tell you..."

"See? Our mother has agreed! I'm going with you!"

//Princess Rosana Zorostrian has strongarmed her way into the party!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:19:21 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #469 on: November 26, 2020, 10:35:51 am »

". . . I'm not sure how to react to that."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 26, 2020, 11:54:13 am »

"I am simply delighted to have you come with us, dear Princess!"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 26, 2020, 12:59:46 pm »

Accepting the modified tome, Irina smiled slightly.
"I'll be sure to keep an eye out.  After all this is over, we may be able to use the ritual to return to these worlds and learn their written languages."

~~~

Irina was just as nonplussed as the others by the princess's arrival. 

"With an imperial imprimatur, I suspect there's not much we can say.  Welcome, Princess."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 26, 2020, 01:42:01 pm »

: We haven't even started our voyage and there's already unexpected circumstances.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 26, 2020, 02:12:50 pm »

"Ah, Princess Rosana. Of course you're welcome to join us, if this merry band of irregulars is good enough for you."

Gaspar puts weight on the word "irregulars", apparently still bitter about not including any of the Royal Guard in the group.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 26, 2020, 02:35:19 pm »

Kostya, it seems, doesn't even seem surprised.
"Come on, let us not fret! The more the merrier, like Babushka always says, no? Come, Kostya welcomes Princess to crew, we can drink with friends and make adventure across the worlds! As long as Princess can keep up. Is not like trip to go hunt bear to make carpet for Babushka. Although Kostya would say, is only a little bit harder."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 26, 2020, 06:48:01 pm »

"I suppose I've no objections..."

"Let's make the most of it, shall we?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 27, 2020, 02:45:45 pm »

Giuseppina proceeded to take Aliberti's comment probably far more seriously than he intended, because she fished into a pocket with a jangling noise and pulled out a well-worn gold coin, rubbing it with a thumb.
:"A jinx! Oh no, that would be... there... okay, hopefully it's fine, this is my lucky coin..."

Giuseppina cleared her throat somewhat awkwardly and ended up jerking into standing at attention when Rosana entered the room.
:"Um...! Don't worry, Princess, um, your highness, or, actually I guess don't worry Prince really, we'll do our best to keep her safe!"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 27, 2020, 03:10:39 pm »

As with the first time this entire ordeal had been dropped on her, Maria was visibly appalled by the Princess' arrival, but quickly suppressed her surprise with an even bigger sense of frustration as she pinched the bridge between her eyes. The Elders she could potentially rationalize when they got in her way, they were not as familiar with her job as everyone else, but now even the Empress was working against her? She was busy keeping the Prince alive, and already she could hear the unspoken request for her just from seeing Rosana.

In the end, she wasn't happy about this decision. But she wasn't going to go against the Empress' wishes. She'd just have more on her workload in the coming days. And... Coming minutes.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 27, 2020, 03:16:27 pm »

"Well, safe might be difficult! But Kostya and friends will try to bring Princess back in one piece! Unless she gets arm eaten by giant bear from other world. Is hard to tell what can happen on adventures. Compensation for workplace injuries is growing industry in my work, you see."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 27, 2020, 03:51:39 pm »

"How long will it take?"

"A brief moment."

"As soon as everyone forms a tight group so that our acolytes can focus... perfect." The Royal Priest collared the group close to each other.

"Unless someone has an urgent matter to attend to?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39