Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 25671 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2020, 02:04:21 pm »

Dumt took the key back and pocketed it.

"Thank you."

"So, what now?" Dumt turned to Aliberti.

"Huh? Oh, well, I still need to check every nave and nook of this place. Prepare the summaries. Clear up whatever damage I can and assess what will require heavy lifting. Week's work, at least. How about you?"

Prince Aliberti blinked, looked at his comrades, and then back at Dumt.

"We're going home."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2020, 02:42:03 pm »

Gaspar nods.

"Certainly, my Prince. Alright, everyone! Get into a small circle! Oh, Mister Dumt, if you would stand back...? I don't think the court would appreciate it if we brought in an uninvited foreigner."

The irony in Gaspar's last statement is completely intentional.

"I do hope we can visit again when we're in less of a hurry, though. This is an interesting land."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2020, 02:55:13 pm »

"Oh, before you go. Here." Dumt handed the book he used in combat to Irina.

Irina gains ?Starshot?!

Then he took several steps away, standing in the entrance to the chamber.

"You took the lead, Gaspar, so..." Prince Aliberti unclasped the bracelet from his right wrist and handed it over to the purple-haired magician.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #438 on: November 09, 2020, 04:44:18 pm »

"Safe travels to you." Alexis nodded in their "host's" direction. "Too bad there are so many concerns at home. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 10, 2020, 09:21:05 am »

"Right then. Now would be a bad time to notice the bracelet doesn't work."

As instructed by the elders earlier, Gaspar taps into the enchantments of the bracelet. That is to say, he holds it in his hand and punches it as hard as he can with the other.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 10, 2020, 10:02:24 am »

: Your help has been invaluable towards saving our world, Sir Dumt. Thank you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 10, 2020, 10:18:43 am »

The bracelet let out a little, subdued 'ding' and the spiral and floral decorations on the bracelet started shining gently in what could be described as a 'fluid' pattern.

"So, will it take long or-" The bracelet burst with the light brighter than daylight! A circle of white energy was drawn on the floor by an unseen hand, and another flash of light caused the group to blink out of existence.

"..." Dumt took a step closer and looked around the now empty room.

"...some guardian spirits, maybe?" He shook his head, opened his book, and started examining the room.

MEANWHILE...

The light dissipated, and the group was back in the Hall of Pillars.

Dumbfounded, Royal Priest Aldbaran stared at Prince Aliberti.

"Prince?"

"Yes?" There was a short moment of awkward silence.

"You're back?..."

"Yes."

"But you've left barely a moment ago." The Prince stared in confusion as the nearby acolytes looked at each other and the Elders, unsure.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:20:17 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 10, 2020, 10:27:45 am »

"I can assure you we went somewhere. Some horrible tomb. I hope if we have to do any more travelling like this we get to go somewhere... sunnier."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 10, 2020, 10:49:33 am »

Once she was certain that the Prince could stand and move without her further assistance, Maria went off to the side, out of the way of the group as they made their final preparations to return, and say goodbye to the man who had allowed them to take the orb. Not that she would've cared if he had or hadn't given permission, the orb wasn't his nor the dead's to keep. Regardless, once Gaspar was ready to bring them back, Maria stepped forward, arms folded as she watched him punch the bracelet, disappointment clear on her expression.

"Gaspar, I highly doubt that hitting the poor thing is going to do anymore than ruin our ability to safely return-" Maria began, only to be cut off abruptly once the bracelet let off a briliant, blinding light that engulfed everyone nearby, before being assaulted by the same sensation that came with the first time she was transported to another world. Then, as abruptly as it began, it stopped, leaving both her, the Prince, and everyone else in the same spot they had originally been, elders and the help staring at them.

"... I stand corrected. Clearly I can't comprehend how these devices are meant to operate" the maid muttered, pinching the spot between her eyes in annoyance before refocusing on the conversation at hand, another wave of annoyance passing over her once they revealed that barely any time had passed since they left. At least for the elders. In a way it was actually a bit of a blessing, it would be easier to hide the existence of what they were doing, seeing it would barely take any time to actually do it.

"Regardless of how much time passed for you, the first orb has been retrieved" Maria stated, gesturing to Irina, who Maria was certain she saw holding the orb just a few moments ago.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #444 on: November 10, 2020, 11:02:21 am »

"If an entirely different universe can exist, it wouldn't be strange if time moved differently there."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 10, 2020, 11:38:43 am »

: Quite a blessing, wouldn't you say. After all our time left isn't limitless. I hope it keeps working in our favor.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2020, 12:23:03 pm »

"Indeed. If an hour or so in that world was only a second here, then we have to prepare ourselves for the possibility of entering a world where a second there is an hour here."

Callimachus tucked his notebook away.

"Well, it is something to keep in mind, but let's try not to worry about that sort of thing until it occurs; even if we do encounter that situation, we can't exactly avoid going through with it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2020, 12:30:13 pm »

"You know old saying. Time swims when you have fun!"
Kostya pauses.
"....or is it flies? Kostya get sometimes confused in this language. I promise, am better speaker in mother tongue. Anyway, yes. We come into tomb, we fight skeletons, we get gem. All in day's work!"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2020, 07:37:17 pm »

"Oh, before you go. Here." Dumt handed the book he used in combat to Irina.
Accepting the book, she bows slightly. 
"Thank you, Sir Dumt. I shall use it with care, and I hope you find plenty of merit in that journal."

~~~~
"....or is it flies? Kostya get sometimes confused in this language. I promise, am better speaker in mother tongue. Anyway, yes. We come into tomb, we fight skeletons, we get gem. All in day's work!"

"Apropos, the gem in question."  She lifts the crystal orb, its orange light still glimmering.  Carefully, she offers it to the Royal Priest. 

"Based on my examination so far, I suspect it to be the Orb of Iron."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:42:59 pm by Culise »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 11, 2020, 03:32:33 am »

The acolytes let out a gasp as the Royal Priest groaned and reached for the orb, snatching it into his hands as if it was a loaf of bread and he was starving for days. Carefully, as if the gem was about to explode, the elder looked the orb over.

"It is! It is the Orb of Iron! Oh, joyful of days..." Royal Priest Albaran put the Orb in hands of the Great Alchemist.

"I will take the Orb to the vaults, and inform the Emperor of Prince's success."

"Please do."

"What happens now?" Aliberti asked as the Great Alchemist, with several of acolytes in tow, marched toward the doors.

"Now will be the time for study and refinement. We've attuned the mirror and bracelet to take you to nearest of Orbs, and now we must limit the enchantment so it will not move you to the vaults by accident..."

"I see. Will it take long?"

"Hm! Be of faith! I'm sure it will take us few days at best!" The elderly priest turned to the rest of the group. "I wish you to ask you about the other world, and how the travel went. Any accidents?" At that moment, Aliberti's stare lingered on Maria for a brief moment before he looked away, scratching the back of his head.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39