Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 25665 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2020, 07:07:38 pm »

"Aside from being displaced a few feet above the ground when we warped? No, not really." Anumita absently answered as she flipped through her research journal, still jotting down notes it seemed. "From what we saw, it honestly didn't seem that much different from our own in terms of basic principles. Magic operated more or less as expected. They even have their own undead problem, and most of them would be difficult to tell apart from the ones in this world."

Most being the key word, but she seemed more than content to leave the topic there...
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 13, 2020, 05:27:54 pm »

"Hmm, mayhaps the artifacts require some calibration to prevent placement problems on arrival... Oh, and I almost forgot: did you bring something else than the Orb with you?"

"Didn't Irina receive a book from Dumt?"

"Dumt? A book??"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 13, 2020, 05:44:38 pm »

: Before diverging I think we should have a talk about the Orb itself. We found it lodged inside an undead skeleton, but the interesting part was that it's attacks had significantly more effect than what should have been possible, and it kept happening when we retrieved the Orb ourselves. Baruk glanced at Alexis when talking about it.

: The Orbs seem to provide some sort of... tactical advantage? At least this one did. Is there any information on the effects other Orbs have? Luckily this time it was only a skeleton, but if someone or some thing is able to figure out an Orb's powers and use it against us... It would be a nasty surprise I'd rather not deal with.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 13, 2020, 05:54:33 pm »

"Now that is mention, yes, Kostya did notice skeleton hit harder than other skeleton. Like big boar in Babushka's backyard that Kostya always had to get rid of to let her take vegetables from land. Had to carry struggling boar off land with bare hands; is like trying to wrestle the ocean. I wonder, how can we use for us?"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 05:56:33 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 13, 2020, 05:57:08 pm »

"Excuse me, combat effects?"

"They shouldn't do that?"

"There's absolutely nothing in the scriptures about giving those Orbs giving any sorts of advantages of powers to those who would wield them. This is extremely peculiar, and warrants a further study. Perhaps your travels will aid us all in more than one way."

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'm really grateful."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 13, 2020, 07:07:32 pm »

"That is correct.  While we were there, we met a local named Isidore Dumt.  One of the things he gave us was this book, as we helped him with some trifling matters.  I haven't yet had time to examine it."

Irina shows the High Priest the ?Starshot? tome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 14, 2020, 02:58:50 am »

"Oh!" The Royal Priest took the tome and opened it, skipping through the pages.

"What a peculiar script! Such strange runes. Very alien. Incredible. I wish to have my colleagues and apprentices to have a try at deciphering this tome of magic. Perhaps we can even replicate the spells within."
SigFlags!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 23, 2020, 06:37:04 pm »

Irina considers for a moment, then nods.
"Certainly.  I would also like a copy of the text for Scholarch Mysitis; we would find it useful for our own research as well.  Perhaps I can work with the court amanuenses."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 24, 2020, 11:29:29 am »

"Of course, of course, we wouldn't dare take your discovery all for yourself. The first translated copy will be yours to take anywhere you please. Shouldn't take long."

~~Chapter 1: Mortis~~

It's been a month.

For the past month, the lid on the expedition into the other world was kept on tight. Those involved were kept at the palace, given ample time to study, and those of knock for manual labor, something to do.

And one morning, when the green clouds poured down purple rain...

"You've finally found the other orbs?" Prince Aliberti questioned as he walked down the corridor alongside the Royal Priest.

"Indeed. Our scrying of the vast universe brought us eleven lights blinking regularly in the minds of our diviners. Indeed, none of them anywhere even close to our world."

"I see..." The guards opened the door leading to the Hall of Pillars. "Oh? Everyone's here."

"I've allowed myself to gather your companions beforehand, just like previously. But, resuming our conversation, we must think of implications, your highness... if there's a dozen of worlds where the orbs are scattered, just how many are there that support life and are simply unseen to our magicians? How small and insignificant ours becomes in comparison?"

"...those are the questions I will happily leave to you, and your wise colleagues, Royal Priest. I'm not thinkerer, or philosopher." The old man bowed his head to the Prince.

"I reckon you're all ready to go?" Aliberti turned to his companions while the Royal Priest circled the group in search of someone, taking a moment.

"Ah, Miss Mavrokordatu."
SigFlags!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2020, 11:36:53 am »

"I do hope the next place will be sunnier than it is here today."

"Rain may be a fact of life, but it's a fact I could do without!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 24, 2020, 12:41:52 pm »

"Eleven more worlds to explore is a fascinating prospect. If we're lucky, maybe we'll find new ideas and new technologies to enrich our own world. Wouldn't that be something?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 24, 2020, 05:25:39 pm »

"Perhaps. And even if we don't on these particular sorties, there's no reason we can't return later. I've spent a good part of the last month considering the implications of there being other worlds within our reach, and, well, they're great. For one, we'll have many more varieties of tea for our parties."

Gaspar says the last sentence jokingly.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 24, 2020, 08:58:40 pm »

"I've made the necessary preparations for the journey this time, your Highness, now that I've been given time to actually work" Maria commented, patting the satchel at her side. It wasn't the highest of quality, but it was durable enough to ensure that the Prince and his retinue would have plenty of supplies in the event that they found themselves in a world for longer than expected. So far, the elders didn't prove themselves trustworthy enough for Maria to consider otherwise.

"It's good that you're so eager for new blends Gaspar. If we happen to find and bring back any real ingredients, I was already planning on you being the one to test the dishes, to ensure that they are without poison."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 24, 2020, 09:12:04 pm »

Anumita didn't even look up from her research journal. She scribbled in it even more furiously than when they'd returned from the first world over a month ago, only briefly sparing the effort to contribute to the greetings.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure it'll be just as exciting as last time. I just hope I'll get a chance to test out my new theory while we're there. Though finding willing subjects might be a touch difficult... eh we'll cross that bridge when we get to it..."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #464 on: November 24, 2020, 09:49:03 pm »

"Try to keep your heads. New worlds mean new threats, and I'm not sure we can always count on a warm welcome. Not that the last one was, particularly." Alexis paused for a moment. ". . . I can't help but be excited as well, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39