Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 54270 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Well, if you didn't, you didn't. Not my business if you actually did the crime or not. That's the police's job. That is, if those guys weren't busy cleaning up after you."

Hitomi produces her own crystal tablet, showing the group a series of articles:

- Mass Arrest in Agreste District of Asher Rogues
- Hooligans Sent to Hospital; 20 Injured, Police Confirm
- Anna Syndicate Arrested in Mass Fight; Warriors Involved?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"What a terrible night to be a cop."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"Huh, the media work fast. That does bring us to my question, though: I don't see why you're helping us so readily, given the amount of heat we've got on our tail. You didn't have to offer us a defensible position or supplies against the Messiahs. Even if you guys have bad blood with them, I'm sure we could have beaten them up without you sticking your neck out for us. Again, I'm really thankful for the help, but all the intrigue tonight has left me a little paranoid, sorry for that."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"The Lawyers Guilds will have a lot of work tomorrow."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Huh, the media work fast. That does bring us to my question, though: I don't see why you're helping us so readily, given the amount of heat we've got on our tail. You didn't have to offer us a defensible position or supplies against the Messiahs. Even if you guys have bad blood with them, I'm sure we could have beaten them up without you sticking your neck out for us. Again, I'm really thankful for the help, but all the intrigue tonight has left me a little paranoid, sorry for that."
"Hey, adventurers help each other out. That's how we roll. Kicking the Messiahs' collective asses is just a perk of the job. Those upstarts think they can move on an actual guild, too. I'd like to remind 'em why we're the third strongest guild in the city."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"So partners, then. We'll put in a good word with the boss for you guys; it's the least we can do to repay you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 4: Tramspotting
« Reply #771 on: May 16, 2021, 09:37:01 am »

"Alright then, I like it. Knocking down a few goths in facepaint will be a nice ol' bonding experience for our guilds."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...Eh, waste not, want not. The Gods seldom offer gifts without a reason...and I believe it's time for me to take something for myself, as well..."

Action: Drink Stamina boost and take Balors Flame whip. Promotion time!

"Alright then, I like it. Knocking down a few goths in facepaint will be a nice ol' bonding experience for our guilds."

"Hopefully it can lead to a future where we are all not fighting each every night...not that I mind the practice."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I've been having fun. Then again I haven't even had to draw my sword even once so far."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lagata was still examining the crystal tablet, poking through the early articles.  Media in this city always did work fast.  Probably helped that half the major beat reporters were of species that didn't particularly need sleep, but there you go. 

"Huh.  All the Annas--bar Anna, I guess--got rounded up after that bit, then.  Guess I'll chalk that up as another favor she owes me."

"Or not.  Might be some sort of business opportunity in there.  Or a major hindrance, if that disrupts my supply line.  Still, if I can round up whoever got through and put the fear of me into 'em, I might be able to..."

The catgirl sighed, tail flicking in annoyance.

"Oh, who cares.  Adrenaline's worn off, and I've got more important stuff to think about than that.  Test in a few hours, and this whole night's been a mess.  And now there are those clowns out there, and whoever else is involved in this &#%^?@! garbage..."

It was as she was pacing back to hand Hitomi her tablet back that she spotted the book, tucked away in a corner behind all the other weapons and gear.

Set aside Yliaster.  Pick up Meteor.

She examined it, blowing away some of the dust on the cover.  Then she opened it up, scanning the text within.

Lagata began to grin.  Not in a friendly, cheerful way, no.  This was a grin much more natural to her.  It was the sort of grin that said she was gonna tear out someone's throat, and that they really had it coming, and that she was really going to enjoy doing it.

"You know what?  I think Lucy might be right.  This night might not have been a waste, after all."

Lagata closed the book, picking the tablet back off the table and handing it off to the starlight soldier.

"Hitomi, right?  Thanks again for the help. Let's all get along and teach the Messiahs why they shouldn't play with fire."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile

Largo exchanges his Yliaster for Lagata's Yliaster (more QL is more QL).

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sounds of banging continue on the gates leading into the Starlight Soldiers' compound. Judging from the ringing of metal parts on the stone paths in the compound, the gates won't hold for much longer.

"Well, it sounds like they won't be waiting much longer. You guys ready?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 5: Starlight Legend
« Reply #777 on: June 01, 2021, 02:43:09 am »

Lastelle mounts Bowler, turns to face the gates and flourishes her scythe.

"Always."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 01, 2021, 12:22:14 pm »

"Not the banging sounds I prefer if we're being honest here."

"That aside, I'm ready to put on a show for these wanna-be court jesters."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 01, 2021, 04:45:35 pm »

Meanwhile, Xerxe was promoting and performing an over elaborate power up scene, with little floating rocks and everything.

"Critzalcoatl, I beseech thee, pad my attacks with unreliable, but flashy, damage spikes!
Velocistator, I beseech thee, swift and sure levels lest I fall to the bench below!
Huehueteotl, I beseech thee, turn thy amusement to mine enemies!
Evador, I beseech thee, a casual evasion of danger!
Dodgeador, not to be confused with Evador, I beseech thee a pragmatic and measured reaction towards danger!
Shipp, I beseech thee, constructive romantic and platonic pairings between unlikely friends!
Unsubstantias, I beseech thee to just leave us alone tonight, okay?
Lo-oot-Oor, I beseech thee, grant the packrats in the group an abundance of shiny treasure, especially Lastelle!
Cav-bat-knok-bak, I beseech thee, slumber in thy tree as I toss my tiny holy axe in prostration!"

Xerxe took a deep breath as a tiny axe landed by a nearby low shrub.

"...Minigamus, I beseech thee, addictive amusements for all at the battles conclusion!
Pyrocendius, I beseech thee, do not touch the heart of Lagata and spare the city the adventurers party flame!
Pentultimus, I beseech thee, let us slay our true villain and spare him a fall from the cliff of unlikely, but sure, survival!
Beseechus, I beseech thee, that thee aideth by beseeching, so do I beseecheth!
Twisplotius, I beseech thee an interesting, but hopefully logical and well thought out, resolution...
..."

This may go on for some time.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 06:02:52 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 60