00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253084 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5370 on: December 08, 2020, 12:03:44 am »

That's a great point, in my opinion.  After all, you did almost just destroy this entire world.  Can you control yourself, Phoebe, or do you need help?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: December 08, 2020, 12:05:48 am »

Good point. Maybe the collar is a good idea

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: December 08, 2020, 01:13:22 am »

Cephie at least thinks this is in your best interest, given her oath.  If she did break it now it would be very inconvenient for her.

Consider this training for your new power, to learn to control it.  You need to reform your emotional core, desires and goals and seek some therapy where possible.

Figure out what you want and tell us, we can help you achieve it.  Leave us alone without direction and we are likely to direct you to conflict or our own preferences of activities.

However the performance you made WAS quite impressive.  If you do want to continue this war then a more controlled variant of that last battle would be quite valuable.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: December 08, 2020, 07:31:34 am »

Maybe we should put it on to at least control the outbursts of anger.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: December 08, 2020, 11:26:52 am »

From Cephie's comment it seems this is fairly standard practice. Seems useful for you to wear it in populated areas. I support you wearing the collar near populations, but it is up to you.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: December 14, 2020, 01:27:16 pm »

[-] You stare at William. His snarl, his grip, doesn't falter. They tighten with your hesitation, only loosening when you lift the collar to your neck.

[13][17 vs. 13] You twist, slamming your feet into his chest, forcing extra kinetic energy from your muscles. He staggers back, dropping you--

And you slip the collar around your neck and latch it shut.

It clicks with harsh finality.

The sharpness leaves your reality. The jagged edges smooth. You stumble, and trip, as a heavy weight descends on you. Your wings fade away to nothing. William, Emma, and Cephie feel so far away. Distant without the constant curling of their familiar willpower. You drop to your knees as vertigo overwhelms you. Your muscles tighten and convulse. You sigh, then rise. Unsteady, heavy, feeling...odd. You flex your fingers, and try to bring forth the simplest of tricks. A small fire.

Nothing. You swallow your fears, and look up into the expectant eyes of your friends.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: December 14, 2020, 04:14:28 pm »

You made the right choice, Phoenix.  Together we are strong, but alone we would be weak.  I suggest that you apologize to the other Ascended and to the Crusaders you hurt.  After that, we probably need to have a conversation with Isela.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:37:58 pm by ZBridges »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: December 14, 2020, 05:17:23 pm »

They said they would talk afterwards.

Then you should talk.

Be honest but like don't tell them you were gonna burn the whole planet. I guess?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: December 15, 2020, 12:20:03 pm »

Yes talking and apologizing are important, and so is not mentioning wanting to blow the planet up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: December 16, 2020, 01:46:14 am »

[7] "Sorry." You grumble, after a beat.

Emma raises an eyebrow. William shakes his head, his fists and muscles clenching. Cephie rolls her eyes and gives the faintest smirk. You awkwardly rub at the back of your head and pointedly look away. Then, after a long awkward silence, you speak again.

[9 vs. 3] "What I did...I did it for this planet. For its people. For you." You murmur, softly, not meeting their questioning gaze. "Do I regret it? Yeah. Every moment I'm awake. Would I do it again?" You hesitate. "Yes. In a heartbeat."

[20+2 vs. 9] You pull away the mask and cut the mesmer. A soft gasp rises from the group. Emma and Cephie both start forward -- but William, with his augmented strength and speed reaches you first. With brotherly concern, he grasps your chin and twists your head to look at the damage. "SEED, Pheobe, you really fucked yourself up. Again. Are you a fucking masochist or what? Be more careful." You blink up at him in surprise.

[11 vs. 13] "I...Yeah. I did." You finally murmur, as he hands you back your mask. You reapply your mesmer. Your obsidian and rust skin changes back to a light tan. "I killed the Crusaders that were there...I...I couldn't control myself."

"Shit happens. Not like the Crusaders will know." William states, his voice sharp. Harsh. "But you don't feel that way, right?"

"I...I feel guilty--"

"Good." William smacks you upside the head and sends you sprawling. Cephie raises a quiet protest. "Good. Own that shit. You don't have to come clean. Or make a big apology. Anything like that. But you've got to live with it, Pheobe. Forever. That blood is on your hands. Just like Zachary. Just like the Moores." His eyes track to Emma's pistol. 'For Polly' burns in gilt. "Forever. Tamp it down for now. Get back to business."

You nod.

"What were you saying earlier?" Emma interrupts, drawing close. "Something about the Plague?"

"A Plague Lord. One has arisen here."

"What's a--" Emma begins, then --

[12] Realization dawns on her fine features. Her blue eyes widen in shock. Then horror. "No. No. No -- fuck!"

William starts back, surprised by his sister's vulgar language, only for the same realization to strike him moments later. Horror and anger flares in equal measure. "Fuck." Is all he mutters.

Cephie hesitates, then, quietly-- "This isn't in my contract, Pheobe."

"What?!" Emma and William round on her at the same time.

"Coward!" William spits.

"Traitor." Emma adds, darkly.

"I will assist you with combatting the Plague. I will not die doing so." Cephie states, sharply. "And I have assisted without reservation or regard -- but that is not a fight we can win. I've got four cryopods on my ship-- we can escape. All of us."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 01:47:46 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: December 16, 2020, 01:50:01 am »

"That is what I suspect, but it has not been confirmed.  Perhaps our foe is attempting to mislead us.  Will you agree to assist until we can confirm the Plague Lord's presence?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: December 16, 2020, 02:00:45 am »

"I will stay until it is highly unsafe for me to do so. Plague Lord at the gates levels of unsafe. Destruction of my Line and [soul, lit indefinite proccess] unsafe." Cephie clarifies, in high Empyreal. "As fun as it's been, Pheonix, I have a family I have to care for -- and I'm the last of my Line."

Do you accept this amendment?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: December 16, 2020, 02:05:24 am »

"Let an amendment be made permitting you to leave when it has been made clear to all that the Plague cannot be defeated, thus placing you in mortal danger, or in any other situation overwhelmingly likely to lead to your untimely death."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: December 16, 2020, 06:06:53 am »

"Let an amendment be made permitting you to leave when it has been made clear to all that the Plague cannot be defeated, thus placing you in mortal danger, or in any other situation overwhelmingly likely to lead to your untimely death."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: December 17, 2020, 12:12:01 am »

Cephie looks...surprised. But she shakes your hand tightly, firmly. Pinpricks of moisture gather in her eyes, but her lips curl into a tight smile.  Emma and William don't look pleased. They stay silent, however, and defer to your judgment. Tearing their eyes away from the handshake, all three look to you for guidance.

"What now? Do you wish for me to call the council? The Outlanders and the Pi-- Skarinites too?" Emma questions.

William curls his arms around his chest. "The bitch in the suit wants us to--" He twitches and growls, his muscles seizing. "The-- the 'demon'," he spits the word with ill-disguised disgust, "Wants you to gather the materials for your arm. I could find them in your stead."

"And what am I to do, Pheobe?" Cephie pouts, resting a hand on her hip.

I'm...I'm a little out of my depth here. What should I be doing?
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 381