00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253097 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5400 on: December 20, 2020, 04:35:13 pm »

"Do you have any idea of the composition?" You question after reclaiming your seat at the head of the table.

[14]"Silicon and another, unknown matter. It's highly probable that it is a nanite swarm." Murdach explains, with a nod, pulling up a graph. "Higher concentrations of silicon."

"A dust storm. Bless." Cephie murmurs.

"Would we be able to funnel it into a killzone?" You state, after a pause.

[1] Murdach goes quiet, staring at you intently with the eyes of his Voidmarine suit. Then, "If we had a choice morsel as bait, yes."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: December 20, 2020, 05:33:30 pm »

...I do not like the way he's looking at us.

"I'm sorry, what?  A 'morsel?'  Is there any other way to redirect the nanites?"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 06:59:20 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: December 20, 2020, 07:13:49 pm »

[9]"Do you have a device capable of emitting a strong, variable electromagnetic field for a two week period?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: December 20, 2020, 07:19:08 pm »

"Yes, we have radio towers.  Would those work?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: December 20, 2020, 08:28:07 pm »

[1] "I don't thi--"

[5x[2d10]][~10] "No, but if you have enough copper we could create a steady field generator by cannibalizing our ship." One of the Skarinites volunteers. "If we could tune it to match a gathering of [Ascended] hypothetically we could draw the Plague to a location. But it wouldn't hold up to a visual inspection."

"...we have plenty of copper in our stockpiles." Armssmith volunteers, politely.

"And if we kept the Plague away, we could prevent recon long enough--" Isela continues, frowning.

"If they managed to get a look at it though -- we'd be screwed." Murdach intones. "But every Plague beast and their mum would be drawn to it. It'd be like moths to a candle."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:35:13 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: December 20, 2020, 09:01:50 pm »

"Let's plan on that for the time being.  If it's feasible, consider constructing it in an underground chamber to hide it from sight.  If that fails... all willing Ascended will gather to draw the Plague to the killzone."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: December 21, 2020, 01:32:57 am »

Let them see what you want them to see.  A bunker holding the "gathering of [ascended]" in a secure area.  A group of ascended sent to take down phoebe and hold her on trial.  With Cepheid you can fake any number of ascended moving in and out with various powers faked from each others abilities.

A grand play the plague can scout out all they want to confirm the treat is really there.  With the main threat phoebe neutralized by restraints so they can eat her and the other ascended with no problem.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: December 21, 2020, 02:05:19 am »

Let them see what you want them to see.  A bunker holding the "gathering of [ascended]" in a secure area.  A group of ascended sent to take down phoebe and hold her on trial.  With Cepheid you can fake any number of ascended moving in and out with various powers faked from each others abilities.

A grand play the plague can scout out all they want to confirm the treat is really there.  With the main threat phoebe neutralized by restraints so they can eat her and the other ascended with no problem.
when the plague gets there we’re taking off the collar, right?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: December 21, 2020, 02:45:10 am »

I think the Void Slayer is saying that we would pretend that we are there, using Cephie to transform into us and the other Ascended, in order to make the electromagnetic field appear legitimate to the Plague.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: December 21, 2020, 03:47:30 am »

Sounds like this plan of deception is the best we've got, I say we go for it, but maybe we should come op with something to act as a backup plan in case they don't fall for this one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: December 21, 2020, 05:57:52 pm »

"Begin the plan. The other [Ascended] and I will assist where necessary. We'll set a deception, a 'morsel' in front of the Plague and bring it to a good location."

"And where might that location be?"

You hesitate.

"If I may interject, Mother Pheonix." A null quietly speaks up. You swivel on the chair to face him.

"If we are to be detonating fission and fusion weapons, as probability dictates, we should be within the Exclusion Zone or the Plagued Lands beyond, to limit further climate damage within the fertile Holyland," Zero explains, expressionless. "Our models already show that this winter will last deep into summer, and the Exclusion and Plague zones will be uninhabitable for at least fifty to one hundred years."

He pauses to confer with another Null in a whisper. "This, however, forces a higher level of security."

"We need to stop the storm before it hits inhabited areas." Murdach adds, "Or it will spread rapidly through your population. Like cancer."

"Logistics will be difficult." Isela murmurs, "We'll be straining human resources and military materiel alike."

"I will convince the Outlanders to supply both. We have a surplus of food this year." Khan Rekhyt announces. "I will need staging for my forces within the Holyland, however."

"As Minister of State, I have my reservations about a barbarian army within our borders." Hoganson interjects, "As we witnessed, this man easily betrayed his father for political gai--"

"Tell me, Family-man, does your kind still keep the old way of honor duels?" Rekhyt questions, a hand resting on the black blade of his father. "Or are you so spineless and stupid that you cannot see the apocalypse approaching?"

"Regardless of Hoganson's spine -- I too have reservations about a heathen army within our borders." Sterling opines.

"I can k--" Rekhyt is cut off by Murdach's heavy gauntlet on his shoulder. The aged pirate pulls the smaller man away and leans in. His speaker cuts low, very low. The two part after just a moment. "I can convert, if it would bring you and your people a sense of ease, Mother Pheonix."

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 06:02:59 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: December 21, 2020, 06:20:28 pm »

"If you would convert, I do believe that would be a show of good faith that would make us all more comfortable with your forces being present in the Holyland.  Ministers, please keep an open mind and accept the aid of the Outlanders.  The alternative is our complete destruction."

"We'll establish the killzone within the Exclusion Zone."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: December 22, 2020, 03:37:20 am »

Why these guys being racist against the outlanders, when they could be the thing that keeps us from losing the war and everyone dying.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: December 22, 2020, 10:31:17 am »

Well it's not exactly based in rational thought or cost-benefit analysis

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: December 22, 2020, 11:47:12 am »

The Outlanders are assisting.  Whether Hoganson likes it or not, they will be helpful
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 381