00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252076 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4755 on: July 30, 2020, 11:57:02 pm »

"Power to bring the Plague to heel. Safety for those who I protect. New life to bring to this pale ghost of a holy fortress. The wisdom to wield sovereignty, and the will to enforce it - the will to protect this sanctum, this refuge. To rise terrible and triumphant from the ashes of a broken Holy City. To wrest dominion and this world from the maw of the ravenous Plague."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:54:27 am by Eschar »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: July 31, 2020, 12:37:30 am »

"Power to bring the Plague to heel. Safety for those who I protect. New life to bring to this pale ghost of a holy fortress. The wisdom to wield sovereignty, and the will to enforce it - the will to protect this sanctum, this refuge. To rise terrible and triumphant from the ashes of a broken holy city. To wrest dominion and this world from the maw of the ravenous Plague."
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: July 31, 2020, 12:41:19 am »

...time to put our cards on the table.

Sigh. "To understand that, Rekhyt Samkrend, you must understand the scope of the war I fight."

A show of will now. Writhing fire, swift and sinuous to mark your words.

"I'm not of this earth. My enemies aren't either. There's an apocalypse coming on this planet, and a conquering army like no-one here's ever seen: an army of void-soldiers like the fellow you fought earlier, led by a [demon] with power far beyond my own. Twelve years, and they'll be on us-- meanwhile, the Plague prepares a horde fit to scour us all. Our land, then yours."

"It's fallen to me to beat back the coming storm. I move to unify this world-- to preserve us all, as best I can."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:45:30 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: July 31, 2020, 12:43:06 am »

They don't need to know that, not yet.  Certainly not before the majority of our own people are aware of it.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: July 31, 2020, 12:54:32 am »

Given the scope of what we'll be demanding (sacred land for our pirates!)... all our negotiations are smoke in the wind, if we can't somehow bypass (or invoke) the rule of blood-tie. We need urgency enough to merit the breaking of traditions-- what better urgency than the truth as we have seen it? It seems to me that the Outlanders, the proponents of man-made gods, would be more receptive to such notions than our own people.

It's... a brash move, I'll grant. I will accept "not yet", if you feel it necessary (or at Phoenix's own discretion).

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: July 31, 2020, 01:15:18 am »

They may come to the "wrong" conclusion.  To deal with such a threat, the entire world would need to be united, and they may think that having one government instead of, effectively, two allied governments would be the better way to face Magnus.  They may see that we don't have hundreds of years, as the prince said, to unite our peoples, but rather ten years.  A pre-emptive, surprise attack on our people, in order to truly unite us, might be seen as necessary.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: July 31, 2020, 01:33:24 am »

...I suppose.
Consider my words retracted.

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: July 31, 2020, 04:38:01 am »

"Power to bring the Plague to heel. Safety for those who I protect. New life to bring to this pale ghost of a holy fortress. The wisdom to wield sovereignty, and the will to enforce it - the will to protect this sanctum, this refuge. To rise terrible and triumphant from the ashes of a broken holy city. To wrest dominion and this world from the maw of the ravenous Plague."
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: July 31, 2020, 11:06:51 pm »

"The age-old adage of every [Tyrant], I see. I need more power to protect!" Rekhyt laughs. "Seeking power to protect... Do you feel that is the only way you can be of use? That protection is all a leader should do? Why this world? Why does it matter over your own happiness? No one is ever powerful and happy."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: July 31, 2020, 11:11:51 pm »

I think Phoenix should respond to that herself. It's a very personal question.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: July 31, 2020, 11:23:16 pm »

Agreed

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: July 31, 2020, 11:38:24 pm »

[11 vs 18] You stare at Rekhyt in silence.

[1 vs 7] You break before he does. You take a step forward, then another, suddenly reaching out and grabbing at the collar of his undone jacket. He doesn't flinch as you twist the fabric tightly in your hand and lift. Your hand shakes as the knuckles go white. "No. I hate this. I hate having these people too afraid or to-- I didn't want this."

"But you saw a problem? You saw something that you wanted changed -- and you still see something. Something you cannot let go." Rekhyt questions. You slowly give a nod.

"All the people who...who expected me to fight, to protect, to do my duty," You spit the word, "They--"

"Did nothing. You're here of your own choice. Of your own agency. You're powerful enough that you don't have to be here, aren't you? Could anyone really stop you?"

"...No."

"Remember that. Even if it seems like an illusion, you always have a choice. Win your war -- will your people be upset with you if you left them afterward? Or do you want to be chained here forever? Do you enjoy your own suffering?"

"Why are you doing this?" You snap, tightening your grip. Rekhyt lets you.

"I am one of your prospects for marriage, Pheobe. Would I be a good husband if my spouse suffered?" Rekhyt laughs. "Oh don't look so shocked, you must have realized my intent by now." With a shove, he pulls himself away and straigthens up. His eyes narrow slightly. "This is silk, by the way. Do be careful."

"You could become Khan with my support?" You guess.

"Of course not-- I'm not even the spare. But tell me -- who holds more power? You, or Emma? The one on the throne isn't always the one who rules. But, I digress. Enough philosophy and enough of my poor lecture on power. What do you think of my proposal?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: July 31, 2020, 11:48:02 pm »

"Hmm.  I will consider it.  Let me see your people and your homeland first, so I would know what I'm getting into.  I'm flattered by your interest, however."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 05:19:59 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: August 01, 2020, 06:44:32 am »

"Hmm.  I will consider it.  Let me see your people and your homeland first, so I would know what I'm getting into.  I'm flattered by your interest, however."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: August 01, 2020, 08:03:30 am »

"Are you going to bring your consort or your retainer?" Rekhyt asks, smoothing out his jacket and buttoning it up. "Or both? Such a [conundrum]." There's isn't a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Emma is quite proficient with politics. While the retainer is quite the spy I hear. You'll need others, too. A good retinue makes the leader."

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:02:04 am by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 381