00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251967 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4725 on: July 29, 2020, 02:09:23 pm »

((Ah-hm... gimme a few. I've an idea or two to write out.))

...my question is this.
What are we willing to offer these people? Our technology is potent, but the Void-gear is in short supply; we haven't enough to properly outfit our own Crusaders, let alone the armies of another polity.

We could offer our military aid, perhaps, towards the consolidation of the Khaganate?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:06:04 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: July 29, 2020, 03:15:03 pm »

We offer them the chance to resolve our age-old differences, which have existed since the time of SEED, in a peaceful manner.  With the Voidmarines on our side, we would otherwise wipe them out completely, as we would be at war due to the Pirates' ocean claims.  It would just be a matter of time.

Don't forget that we have tens of thousands of credits earmarked for planetary development and weapons manufacturing.  If we somehow averted war without an alliance, the Outlanders would shortly become irrelevant anyway, as they do not have a connection to the larger galaxy, which we can use to purchase weapons and mercenaries.

Their influence and strength will wane while ours will wax.  This is their last chance to avoid irrelevance.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: July 29, 2020, 06:06:56 pm »

Will they see it that way, I wonder?

"It is too often that two rising powers find themselves at war.  An alliance will allow us to avert a costly conflict and ensure both our nations' continued prosperity.  In addition, the Khanate would benefit from our advanced technology.  In just a few years, we will have the capability to enter the Void and explore other worlds."

Smile.  "Have you seen our armaments?  This is a shield belt that neutralizes incoming fire.  Would you like to see a demonstration, alongside some of our weapons?"

If he says yes, get one of the Voidmarines to put on a demonstration of military might.

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: July 29, 2020, 09:39:21 pm »

The Herald begins to translate it into an Outland tongue, but the Emissary waves a hand at him. "[Let us see it then.]"

You stand in one of the new gardens that fill the Fortress. Young plants sprout through rich, black dirt. 'Red' and 'Blue' approach, their loose jumpsuits are hanging undone. The Voidmarine suits follow loyally, coming to a stop, and Khudal eyes the machine up.

"I'm Ethan." The twin with the blue crest gives a bow.

"Finn." The twin with the red crest follows his brother's lead. "[We're assigned as your bodyguards, Patches. We're also to convert to your local religion to smooth over diplomatic ties -- people consider us 'demons'.]"

"Fantastic-- would one of you be so kind as to put on a bit of demonstration for the Emissary?"

"Dibs!" Ethan calls, and Finn scowls but waves him away.

To your surprise, Khudal removes his jacket, then his coat, tossing them to the Herald. One of his soldiers presses a knife belt into his hand. "[Tell her I'll test her 'demon' first hand.]" He explains calmly, strapping the belt around his sinewy waist. You take a moment to appraise the wiry man and are unsurprised by the lean muscle he bears. What does surprise you is the five jagged scars across his side, and the twisting, raised flesh of an old burn across his right pectoral. He smiles at you, and in perfect Scholar's tongue, "I am not afraid of fire, Pheonix."

[20] You listen intently as the Herald draws near the Emissary. They speak in hushed and quiet tones, but you are close enough to hear. "[Prince-- you cannot be--- demon ---]"

Khudal says nothing, directing a glare at the Herald, then ticking his head to you. "[Get me permission to play with her toy.]"

"Khudal--Khudal wishes to...wishes to spar with the...Eh-than being."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: July 29, 2020, 09:58:31 pm »

Our diplomat is a prince?  Interesting.

"Of course, but please try not to kill each other.  If one fighter wishes to withdraw, let them go and do not press the advantage."

Carefully watch the sparring.  If things get too heated or dangerous, use our aura to stop the fight.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: July 29, 2020, 10:14:35 pm »

"With...with Ethan in the...armor." The Herald continues, blanching at your approval. Khudal nods, stretching and twisting.

"[Heard. Firs' job is an execution.]" Ethan snarks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:19:54 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: July 29, 2020, 10:16:14 pm »

"Honored emissary, I do not mean to offend, but I'm not sure that you would survive the experience."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: July 29, 2020, 10:21:18 pm »

"[She wishes to show me the force of her arms. I wish to see them first hand. Did she not think I would call her bluff? How can I tell if this is a tin soldier or not?]"

"Khudal insists...until...until first blood?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: July 29, 2020, 10:22:31 pm »

"Very well.  Until first blood, but no further."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:10:24 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: July 30, 2020, 10:37:57 am »

Ethan shakes his head, stepping back into his armor. The Voidmarine flexes his fingers and turns his sensors towards Khudal. With a dramatic twist, Ethan draws out a long combat knife. He crouches, and the two start to circle one another, the dirt spreading out beneath the massive machine.

[18 vs. 20+3][18] Ethan pushes forward suddenly, bringing the combat knife around in a wide arc. Khudal steps out of the way, to one side, then lunges to slam his knife into the 'head' of the armor. There's a creak as the knife gets stuck. The Outlander rolls away. He rises, drawing out another blade as Ethan straightens up.

[4 vs 13+3] [19] Ethan lunges again, but Khudal dodges, and with all his might shoves the Voidmarine to the ground. Ethan sprawls into the dirt. He tries to rise, but Khudal is fast and slams a knife into the sensor array again. With a twist and help from the other blade, it pops off, hanging by the wiring harness.

Khudal draws back, breathing hard as the Voidmarine turns to face him. With the primary array gone, another set open on Ethan's armored torso, popping free of the hard carapace to focus on Khudal. The Outlander gestures and another knife finds its way to his hand

"[I'm impressed savage.]" Ethan spits.

"[I am not, [demon].]" Khudal returns.

[16 vs 15+3] The Voidmarine moves fast at that, and savagely slices at Khudal, who barely dodges out of the way, scrabbling and falling into the dirt. Khudal pulls himself away from the machine as it begins to bear down on him with savage intent-- Khudal's knife shatters on the chest plate. He pulls himself to his feet, and one of his men throw him another knife.

"[You do not bleed.]" The Outlander states, rising to his feet.

"[Jus' noticed, huh?]" Ethan laughs, the two circling. Ethan, despite his clear advantage, is tense.

[8 vs 12+3] Khudal gives a bow, but the knife shifts within his hand-- and, with a twist of his muscles, he flicks it through the air.

But not at the armored Ethan, instead at lounging, defenseless Finn. The knife thunks into his shoulder-- he yelps. Blood begins to drip from the wound as he pulls it out, rapidly rising at the threat--

"You BASTAR-" Ethan growls, starting forward-- until Outlander guns are drawn and leveled. Not at him, but at the ring of Crusaders that surround you.

"First blood." Khudal turns his back on the enraged Voidmarine to bow to you. The only movement is from the medics attending to Finn.

A ragged sigh escapes from Ethan's speakers, then. "Clever. We never said who's blood, did we?"

"An apt metaphor for war, isn't it, Pheonix?" Khudal questions, in perfect Scholar's tongue. His guards lower their weapons, and yours do the same. "No matter how strong you are, how invincible your armor, your technology, there's always a weak point. A flaw. Usually someone completely defenseless. Do you understand, young [queen]?"

Then, back in the Outlander tongue, "[I know you can speak my language. I prefer it to the Scholar's. Let us converse without our courts.]"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:41:25 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: July 30, 2020, 11:31:49 am »

These people play dirty not sure if they are people we can trust.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: July 30, 2020, 12:03:59 pm »

Hmm.  He is quite capable, even if he couldn't pierce the armor.

"[I must admit, that was an impressive display.  You are a prince of the Khanate?]"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: July 30, 2020, 12:48:51 pm »

When the last of the courtiers leaves, the Outlander all but collapses in on himself. He holds his chest, taking heavy, calming gasps. "Impressive?! That was all luck! That thing nearly killed me every time it moved! A terrifying beast-- worse than a Barker."

"But yes, as my good friend revealed far too early in the game, I am Rekhyt Samkrend, Third-born of Khan Samkrend. It's a pleasure to meet you...?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: July 30, 2020, 12:54:02 pm »

[Pheonix]
((Others add more if needed. I’m assuming the question mark means he wants our name))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: July 30, 2020, 01:26:16 pm »

Ha! I like this one.

Might as well choose for yourself the name you'd like these folk to know you by. Phoebe Gainer? Phoenix-of-Sol? Fire-Blooms-Flowers?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 381