00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252131 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4410 on: July 06, 2020, 09:42:20 pm »

She said she has a legitimate business, but that is not the same as having the title of head of the Line of Sol after Alphias' death.  That's a useful title politically.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: July 06, 2020, 09:51:42 pm »

"I can give you my support within our 'family'." You offer, politely. "I was Alphira--"

"You look nothing like her. All I see is a child. Like I said when you didn't listen to me: call me when you're in the Void. It seems you have a lot to survive. If you don't, well, sorry. Not my probl-" She rambles, annoyed, reaching for the key to end the communication.

Your wings flare forth with a sudden burst of light and heat, cutting her off. You frown, and, with a twitch, your claw bursts to life in much the same way. Ashley pauses, her lips pursing. "How long have you been Ascended?"

"Three years."

A rare smile forms on her scarred face.

"Ah...maybe you are worth something after all. So, let me give you some advice. You'll owe me a favor..." She holds up four fingers, "Four pieces of wisdom for the price of one favor."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:55:49 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: July 06, 2020, 09:54:30 pm »

((Sorry, to clarify, she is offering to perform four favors in return for us doing one favor?))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: July 06, 2020, 09:55:58 pm »

”Four of what? My fingers?”
Someone please word this better, the goal is to ask what she wants four of hopefully without sounding naive
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:58:17 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: July 06, 2020, 09:56:12 pm »

Clarified like butter.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: July 06, 2020, 09:57:16 pm »

"Well, first of all, what's the favor?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: July 06, 2020, 10:00:36 pm »

"Whatever I want. It's nothing petty like your property or people or undying loyalty -- I can buy all that these days." Ashley replies with a smirk. "One Favor for four pieces of wisdom from your Elder."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: July 06, 2020, 10:01:42 pm »

Our Elder? Who would that even be?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: July 06, 2020, 10:02:37 pm »

She means herself, an older member of the Sol Line, with greater wisdom.  I'm inclined to accept the offer.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: July 06, 2020, 10:14:43 pm »

((Sorry that I haven't been posting more. I've been keeping up with the thread, but sometimes it's hard to jump in.))

I'm... a bit leery on this, to be honest, but I can't think of a better alternative.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: July 06, 2020, 10:15:56 pm »

She means herself, an older member of the Sol Line, with greater wisdom.  I'm inclined to accept the offer.
I’ll accept too. I’m under the impression she wanted wisdom from us for her favor, I might have heard things wrong
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:40:18 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: July 06, 2020, 10:38:33 pm »

((It's cool! Post whenever and whatever! I enjoy all arguments and disagreements!))

Three of the Ancestors have agreed, and so, you give a nod. "I accept your contract."

"Good. First things first: You are not Alphira -- she was far older than you when she fled. You do look quite young, but that body is your's." She pauses, clarifying, "That was just general advice."

"One: You have good control over the manipulation of hydrogen, but Sol's Line has control over energy vectors too. Heat, Light, Electricity, Kinetic. I'm a master of manipulating light--" Ashley lifts a hand, and it vanishes. With a twist of her wrist, a soft square of light seems to coalesce within her grasp. "Here is a copy of my...younger work." A soft ping announces a pop-up, showing a terabyte of data, that, as you browse, you realize is a complicated equation for manipulating and coalescing light. "That's beginner stuff, though."

"Two: Don't contact any of the other Kindred of Alphias. Jaak and Aras are okay -- but the rest -- we're at war."

"For what?"

"Dust. Each other's Dust. Alphias' Dust. Alphira's. To gain power. They'll make short work out of a Fledgling like you -- then devour your Dust to gain your strength. You'll be worst than dead."

"R-right."

"Three: Get strong. Get smart. A direct fight with Magnus, right now, will end in your death. I don't know how long you have, but train and fight every single day. If you have other Ascended with you, train with them. If you made Kindred, because, lets be honest, we all do at some point, train with them. Work on using Probabilities to help you dodge and counter."

"Four:" She pulls a small tube from under her desk -- and you blink. It's a sealed antimatter containment vessel that's been made very, very unsafe by dint of a opening in the container. Ashley closes her eyes, and pops it open. You flinch, expecting an explosion, but she slowly draws out a [gram] of gas, which changes color with another twist of her will. "Hydrogen is hydrogen. Antimatter or no. Sol, the Voidslayer, and Alphias could produce it on the spot. We have not."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:44:07 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: July 06, 2020, 10:52:42 pm »

"Why have we not been able to?  Do we lack the strength?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: July 06, 2020, 10:54:09 pm »

"For antimatter? It was Alphira's favorite trick...for light and energy-- have you tried? Your wings aren't burning the room you're in, despite putting off immense heat. Your claw has charred your shirt on one side, but that seems more instinctual. You're negating the heat without examining the arithmetic you're instinctively doing."

Ashley pauses, "As for its creation...that's the likely answer. If I knew, I wouldn't brag about it." She sighs, forcing the antimatter into the container quietly and sealing it shut.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:58:35 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: July 06, 2020, 11:01:54 pm »

"Thank you for your help.  One last question, if you'll entertain it.  Rupert is very close to this system.  Should we be worried?"
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 381