00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252018 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4440 on: July 07, 2020, 10:38:07 pm »

(( Lol. If you do believe it will help. I'll put background information and such there. I've been trying not to introduce that much complexity, so that it can be read almost like a novel without no research or background required, but there is a lot of information to keep track of if you aren't the GM. I'll set one up shortly. ))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 10:48:54 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: July 07, 2020, 11:06:38 pm »

"Well you can use most guns, right? What is your operatin' theater? You like close quarters or long range? Want somethin' with a bang or do you want somethin' quiet? We've got weapons from all over the Empyre -- most are outdated, but considerin' you're still usin' baseline las-guns, it'll be like a miracle in your hands."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: July 07, 2020, 11:13:15 pm »

Do any Ancestors have other requests?

"Something quiet could come in handy.  I think something long range could also complement my abilities well."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: July 07, 2020, 11:16:19 pm »

You've a better feel for this than we, godling-- choose what suits you. Just so long as this fellow can do something about our defenses... an off-grid replacement for "Lucille", perhaps? A new shield device, to replace the one lost in the belly of Leviathan?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: July 07, 2020, 11:24:18 pm »

((Well, background info isn't what I was referring to, just what has happened so far in the game is a lot to handle. A wiki would help people get an idea of what's happening even if, like me, they haven't read up on the whole thread.))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: July 07, 2020, 11:36:16 pm »

Ah. That can be arranged. I'll work on something tonight/this morning. That's a really good idea -- it can help those who want to dive in but are too intimidated by the three hundred or so pages.  :-X

"A shield and a rifle-- aigh'. We've got some of those." With a ping, the door next to him unlocks, and you step through. The room is large, reaching deep into the depths of the ship. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of weapons are set into racks and cubbies, upon great rotating axles. He guides you down the walkway, pressing a button upon a rack, which rotates with a rough grinding, coming to a stop with a shutter. He presses his hand against a datapad inset into the machine, and the rack pops open. He draws out a shield on a belt, tossing it your way. "Best hard light emitter in stock. Ten charges before breaking, or our money back. Not your's. You'll be dead."  He scans a barcode sticker on the side with a small handtool, before he tosses it to you.

Down another aisle you drift, pass cutter hilts and grenade launchers, pass autocannons and more las-rifles than you can count on one hand. "Aigh'. Slug or laz? Laz is quiet, but we've got slug weapons that can shred tanks in here." He pulls a massive rifle from its case, struggling to lift the bulky machine. It looks welded together out of scrap and spare parts. "This baby is one of three. Some junkie scrapper rigged it together out of spare parts. It can vaporize a person near instantly -- only problem is, it has a charge of five shots before it needs a coolant system flush, a new main capacitor, a new lens, and a recharge. We've figured out this thin' heats about the same as a small yield antimatter weapon. Doesn' surprise me, though, the guy apparently ripped them off a Naval vessel in one of the yards."
The rifle in question stands taller than you, and the barrel is about as wide. Down its side is a number of data-jacks for aim assisting hardware, along with a bipod that was obviously cannibalized from a squad-based machine gun.

"Weight ain't a problem for you, though, is it?"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 11:51:37 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: July 07, 2020, 11:59:51 pm »

"Nope.  I'll take it.  How do the assisting hardware jacks work?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: July 08, 2020, 12:04:54 am »

Hm. Weight's not a problem for us on foot, but flying under such a load could prove cumbersome...
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: July 08, 2020, 12:08:21 am »

Phoenix, do you think you can fly with this?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: July 08, 2020, 12:13:22 am »

You take the half-supported rifle in hand -- and immediately feel the weight. Las-guns, by their very nature, are incredibly light, being made usually of synthetic materials, with no moving parts besides the activation trigger -- but this beast is heavy, even for you. You pull it the rest of the way from the cabinet, struggling with the cumbersome and massive weapon. You grit your teeth, hefting it up. You have to brace it against your hip to even level it down the aisle.

He tugs out a small headset with an eyepiece attached, setting it on your head and attaching the data-jacks to it. After he presses a button on the side, it begins to light up, showing coolant levels, internal heat, reactor stability, and energy percentage remaining -- along with a huge [SAFE] displayed in the corner. You glance at the man, and blink.

What you thought was a fancy collar seems to be bubbling around his neck. A small vent is taking in the breathing mix of the ship and forcing it into the water contained in the clear plastic that loops around his neck. His hair color too, is not a cosmetic choice or rather, there is genuine algae drying in his hair. He gives a nod, popping the bipod down.

"Our range wouldn't be able to handle this -- if you want to test 'er, we'll need to step outside."

This...this would exhaust me walking...at least until I got stronger. I can increase the lift on my wings, but I wouldn't be able to do much with my hands.

The young man leads you up on to the hull of the ship, setting down the bipod for you. He gestures to a cliff-face and shows you how to deactivate the safety. A targeting reticule appears on your sight, and you shut your other eye to focus on it. The cliff-face in the far distance comes into immediate focus, despite being more than a few [miles] away. The young man takes many, many steps behind you. "CLEAR RANGE!" He shouts, and then gives you a nod.

You pull the trigger and open your free eye.

A beam of light burns from the barrel, like lightning leaping free of the metaphorical bottle. Night turns to day, and even you have to shut your eyes against the heat and light that radiates from the machine. The beam cuts out across the sky in an instant -- and the cliff-face explodes, leaving behind molten slag and massive cracks that cause tons upon tons of rock to tumble down into the forest. You use the lens to focus on the destruction. A three [mile] wide, jagged hole, filling with crumbling rock and dusty debris is all that remains of the cliff-face.

The las-gun hisses, its coolant tanks clicking with the strain. The reactor approaches criticality but slowly begins to dial back down to safe levels.

80% Charge Remaining
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:36:51 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: July 08, 2020, 12:28:15 am »

This thing could annihilate a Colossus.  Let's test it out to see if it's feasible.

Test it outside.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:39:16 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: July 08, 2020, 12:34:55 am »

Edits!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: July 08, 2020, 12:40:12 am »

...Need it!  We could destroy entire swathes of Plague territory.

"Perfect.  Can I have one that's fully charged?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: July 08, 2020, 12:42:22 am »

"Mmmh. I'll recharge and make it like new." The young man nods, but his lips twist. "The price is two thousand [Empyreal Energy Credits]. The Shieldbelt is free, as is mos' weapons in our stock, but that's one of three, made by a hopped-up artificer with too much time on his hands."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: July 08, 2020, 12:44:53 am »

Expensive... should we take it?

"What is that plastic necklace?"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:03:26 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 381