00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252014 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4425 on: July 06, 2020, 11:04:22 pm »

"Only if you call him." Ashley laughs, "He's not interested in a podunk place like -- Mercenary's Rest? Ha! That planet is a desolate wasteland. Well, good luck! If you want to trade a Favor for more knowledge, please, let me know."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: July 06, 2020, 11:06:50 pm »

"I will.  Thank you, Ashley."

I would recommend scheduling group training with Cephie, William, and Emma every day.  Try out some of the techniques Ashley recommended.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: July 06, 2020, 11:38:00 pm »

"Mmh. You know how to reach me." Ashley nods, and you pull up the document she sent. The arithmetic is complicated, written in arcane notation that hurts your head and your eyes as you try to keep track of all the variables and data contained. With a deep breath, you return your focus to it.

[16] Its been hours. But, you shut your eyes, focusing on the reality in front of you. When you finish the process, you open your eyes, and glance down at the piece of paper in front of you. The paper is still there, but in the center of it is a clear hole -- data from the light sources from the other side, imposed on the light that would normally reflect off. You stop when your head gives a painful throb, the paper returning to opacity.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: July 06, 2020, 11:49:29 pm »

Ha!  Invisibility is almost within our grasp.  We won't need to bother with shapeshifting either if we can manipulate light.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: July 06, 2020, 11:55:49 pm »

[16]...you pause at that, then, turn your attentions to the Dust within your hair. You pull a strand from it and shut your eyes, cutting off the power to it -- when you open your eyes, the hair is a dull shade of black. Not red, as it previously was, or blue, as it is now. You try it with another, and another. All of them end the same. Dull black strands littering the desk. Your hair is, without your control, unnaturally bending the light that hits it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 11:58:31 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: July 07, 2020, 12:00:38 am »

Interesting.  That's how our "shapeshifting" works.  Try consciously bending the light on our skin to give it a darker color, and see if it changes back when we stop concentrating on it.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: July 07, 2020, 12:09:51 am »

[...16 ((:?))]
You adjust the light affecting your skin, adjusting what bounces off and how. You, on accident, turn a patch of your skin bright red, but quickly figure out how to deepen your already tan skin. Then, on a whim, having noticed the metaphorical strings attached, you cut power to the instinctive adjustment of light -- your skin becomes pitch black, reflecting next to no light. It isn't soft, and fleshy, as your skin normally looks -- rather, it looks more like plastic or metal. You yelp, focusing, returning power to the processes that be. Your tan skin once more appears tan, and you rub at your arm, feeling the soft material yield to your press.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: July 07, 2020, 12:42:09 am »

Find a mirror and repeat the process for our entire body, dampening the bending of light.  See how we appear.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: July 07, 2020, 02:53:49 am »

[12]
You take shaky, slow steps to the bathroom, staring into the mirror. With a deep breath, you focus on your body, diverting the energy from your skin into other internal processes. Then, you open your eyes.

Standing in the mirror is a tall, sinewy woman, with skin that brings to mind obsidian. Long lines of gold and white trace your ribs, your elbows and joints, wrapping themselves up your wrists, twisting around your shoulders until they fan out across your chest. Your horrible scar still remains, a jagged gash between those lines of ribs. Black hair hangs down around your shoulders, framing your androgynous face. You look at your eyes closely next -- something similar was effecting them, as you can now see the lines of black spreading out from your pupil. Neatly organized, neatly fractalizing until you cannot see them in the electric blue of your iris.

You summon forth a fire, with your only hand, letting it burn. Your skin shifts as lines of red and blue begin to divide it like veins imposed atop your inhuma--your inhuman flesh. You swallow, letting the fire burn itself out as you stare at yourself.

N-o. No. NO. NO! NONONONO! You slam your fist into the mirror, then grab it, slamming into the wall. The wood and glass splinters and shatters to the silvery plate of the deck. You breathe a heavy sigh...then--

[9][14]
The calculation to turn the passive camouflage on forces the blood from your nose when you try to rush through it. The next time, however, you skin shifts back to its natural tan, the inhuman colors and texture hidden once more. You wipe the black blood from your nose. I'm not doing this again. This is me. Okay?...Please?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 04:09:53 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: July 07, 2020, 08:06:32 am »

Should we try to turn invisible or should we hold off on that experiment for now?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: July 07, 2020, 10:40:06 am »

It’s clear we should just stay in our form. What powers do you think we should train? We should train with Cephie, Emma and William

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: July 07, 2020, 03:02:22 pm »

Beautiful.  Why do you fear your nature?

If it would be appropriate at this moment, send an expedition to the ark ship.  Specifically, look for the genetic SEED datacube, antimatter fuel (an expensive commodity), and any intact reactors.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: July 07, 2020, 10:21:25 pm »

You sigh, returning to the console and putting in a notice to Murdach abut the further destruction of your room. He laughs, then sighs, then he explains the cost of each item you've destroyed in your one day stay. At the end of it, he's charging you  one thousand [Empyreal Energy Credits] worth of the goods you were promised. For damages, you suspect you come out better in this deal, so you agree. Eventually, he questions if you want to raid the armory for yourself and outfit yourself with a bit more technologically advanced weaponry.

You consider it, then, with a small nod, you agree. But, for now, you send a message to Cephie, to send to Emma and the Nulls. Through a complicated routing of communication -- you're just glad Cephie is taking notes -- you inform them to begin an expedition to the Ark ship site, to search for the SEED datacube, antimatter fuel, and any intact reactors that may be present. Cephie repeats everything you ask back to you, then, when you approve it, she nods and disconnects the communication.

With that business done, you head to the armory, and are confronted by a thin young man, with a very prominent nose, no ears, and blue-tinged hair of black. He gives you a tight-lipped smile. "I'm the Armorer, for now. What can I help you with today?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: July 07, 2020, 10:33:03 pm »

This property damage is becoming a bit much.

"What do you have for armor, guns, and melee weapons that might be appropriate for an Ascended?"

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: July 07, 2020, 10:35:28 pm »

((There's a lot to keep track of in this game, a lot has happened, and things happen fast. I think someone should start a wiki.))
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 381