00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252189 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3945 on: June 04, 2020, 07:42:35 pm »

I feel like we should bring some squads with us against plague territory, attacking their infrastructure will make it more difficult for them to continue with construction of, for example, artillery, air units, power cells, maybe we should target their power cells too.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: June 04, 2020, 09:25:02 pm »

Would you support a scouting mission to determine what the plague is up to (perhaps creating a Fenrir)? If that goes well, we could follow up with an attack on the plague's infrastructure.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: June 05, 2020, 01:17:19 am »

Our immediate wounds are closing-- I'm more concerned about memetic damage. We'd do well to have the machine assess our mental condition once more before we take the field, if only to better understand what we risk in so doing.

Once we've an idea of how our brain's holding up, I'd be inclined to consult with Isela as to where we go from here. She may well have a meet target in mind already, and we've new intel for her regardless: the dropship's words as to the nature of the Plague.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: June 05, 2020, 01:26:23 am »

That makes sense.

Get a checkup from the dropship as to the status of our memetic infection.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: June 05, 2020, 03:47:34 am »

Sounds like a good thing to look into before we get to involved with stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: June 05, 2020, 01:16:58 pm »

[20 vs ?] You take your trip to the AI, and let it poke and prod at your brain. It exposes you to what it refers to as 'Plague stimuli'. Tentacles, twisting worms, 'humans' ripping apart each other to feed, and silvery gray flashes of color. It tries to trigger the memetic reaction through words and phrases relating to combat with the Plague.

Nothing happens.

"It appears the memetic Plague within you has gone dormant. This surpasses my estimates." It politely informs you, "However, I would still exercise caution -- if you suspect you are having a psychotic episode --" It goes on and on, listing a number of ways to ground yourself during hallucinations. It focuses on tactile experiences, on using logic to determine when a situation may be a hallucination, and on reliance on others. You exit the tank an hour later, getting dressed--

When Cephie steps in. She pauses, doing a double-take, then continues towards the showers, calling back to you as she walks. "That's as good as a reward as any! Your grandmother is in custody and the Crusaders are securing Steelworks Nine."

"...so-so soon?" You call after her, kneeling to lace up your boots.

"You sent two Ascended and a company of Void Troops! What did you expect?" The shower kicks on as she speaks, "William had her on the ropes, and I sealed the deal. He's a...treat, by the way. I didn't think you were into batshit insane."

"It's a long story."

"Hmmh. I bet."

You hesitate. Nicole Gainer has been captured, and, if you're not mistaken, the last major refuge of the separatists has been secured. No doubt there are holdouts, but they lack the industrial might to be little more than thorns in your side. You take your leave, striding back to the elevator to your office. The door slides open, and William stands in the main room, leaning on the telescope. A crooked grin curves his lips when he sees you. He doesn't say a word, instead bowing and gesturing to a bound and black-bagged figure on the floor beside him.

You kneel down, peeling off the bag. Nicole Gainer looks up at you, steel in her eyes -- and a crooked smile on her gagged mouth.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: June 05, 2020, 01:47:15 pm »

Ungag her.  "Hello, grandmother. How have you been?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: June 05, 2020, 01:50:03 pm »

What do we want from her? Information? I doubt she knows something we don’t about the plague, but we could ask.
Ungag her.  "Hello, grandmother. How have you been?"
So we’re what, gauging her reaction? +1
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:55:57 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: June 05, 2020, 01:52:05 pm »

Confirmation of complete capitulation, the locations of any remaining rebel redoubts, and the locations of the Pontifex and Tyler Hop, I think.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: June 05, 2020, 01:56:47 pm »

Confirmation of complete capitulation, the locations of any remaining rebel redoubts, and the locations of the Pontifex and Tyler Hop, I think.
Makes sense, sorry, the post was modified before seeing your post

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: June 05, 2020, 01:57:37 pm »

No worries. I'm just curious as to what she has to say for herself, so I started with an open-ended question.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: June 05, 2020, 02:10:19 pm »

"A little stiff. I haven't been captured in years. Those Warmachines are no joke, and you have another [demon] too, I see."

"Do...do you capitulate?"

"Oh Paradise no, darling. I haven't even really begun to fight. This was more of a...show of defiance. But, dear, if you know what's good for you, you'll let me stretch my limbs a little."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: June 05, 2020, 02:14:49 pm »

"I'd rather not, at least not for the moment. You've been captured and bound, your district is occupied by my forces, and any remaining industrial capacity belonging to your forces is negligible. What's left?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: June 05, 2020, 02:34:25 pm »

"Angel of Fire Containment Protocols."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: June 05, 2020, 02:36:31 pm »

"[Zero, what is Emma's current location?]"