00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252175 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3975 on: June 05, 2020, 08:48:09 pm »

William coughs, interrupting you mid-rant. "The Crusader Section is alive. A little roughed up, but alive."

"The captain was very rude to me. My Outlanders didn't like that. I didn't exactly stop them, though..." Nicole shrugs to the best of her ability.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: June 05, 2020, 08:52:22 pm »

"How did hostilities break out between your forces and the Thorntons? Also, do you really not believe that allowing his tongue to be cut off, detaining our soldiers, and not sending back any message was anything less than depraved and willful negligence?"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:55:41 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: June 05, 2020, 09:09:43 pm »

...you know what? Hold up on the accusations a moment. I want to hear the rest of this.

Pinch nose bridge. "Right. Very good. Thank you, William."
"What exactly did that captain tell you?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: June 05, 2020, 09:18:52 pm »

...you know what? Hold up on the accusations a moment. I want to hear the rest of this.

Pinch nose bridge. "Right. Very good. Thank you, William."
"What exactly did that captain tell you?"

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: June 05, 2020, 09:59:11 pm »

"That I -must- swear fealty to Pheonix of Sol -- that's your new assumed name, right? Maybe he should have said Pheobe Gainer instead of some random name I've never heard." Nicole begins, leveraging herself to stare at you. "When I told him to tell this person to come to see me themselves and ask as much, he told me that he would drag me here in chains if I continued to refuse." She shrugs, letting her head fall back. "I thought you were dead for a while. Or that you went insane again."

"I figured it out when the Thorntons arrived, but by then you had pissed me off, so a little wargame seemed in order." With a voice full of reproach, "Maybe if you had just come yourself instead of sending some dipshit to try and arrest me, I wouldn't have bothered with the dramatics."

"My men die--" William begins, staring down at Nicole, starting to speak.

"Yes and its a tragedy when a gangster gets killed -- at least it wasn't for drugs and money this time!" Nicole snaps, shooting a glare his way. "Boo-hoo, twelve of your trained killers got killed. Get over it."

"You...you got people killed--" You start, staring at her.

Nicole raises an eyebrow at you, "If I wanted to win that city would be burning rubble, with your Warmachines trapped within. Consider it a lesson. How you can hold a city with nothing but desperate Outlanders against the best force in the world. We can deal with whatever petty psychological damage it causes you later. Now untie me -- my real leg feels numb."

"We...we learned a lot..." William mumbles, rubbing at his face with a sigh.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:03:01 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: June 05, 2020, 10:40:20 pm »

...she's dangerous. Malicious. Distasteful-- but for all her bluster, Nicole Gainer's not actually looking to make an enemy of us.
We can't ignore her, and we can't kill her off... but perhaps we can
use her.

I'm inclined to assign Nicole an advisory role within Stormmont-- cut her off from her old base of power, avail ourself of her experience while we're at it. What say you?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:42:41 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: June 05, 2020, 11:27:53 pm »

...I...I'm in agreement, if the Ancestors think its a good idea... You reach down, cutting the binds on her legs, but not her chest or hands. Nicole looks a little relieved, stretching and flexing her leg. You frown,sitting down on the ground near her. You give a glance towards William, who doesn't say a word, instead crossing over to sit nearby. Emma emerges from the elevator. She hesitates, lingering by the door.

"Good to see you back, William." Emma offers cheerfully -- but her eyes are fixed on Nicole. Dark and glaring, cold as ice. "Nicole."

"Emeralda Thornton. Your eyes are different."

"I'm an [angel] now." Emma retorts, sharply.

"You'll always be a [demon] -- you forget I knew your mother, darling. And between the two of them, your mother was the worst." Nicole offers, a little too pleasantly. Emma takes a step forward, her meek willpower gathering about her. William doesn't respond verbally -- he rises, crossing over to her. With a gentle, guiding hand, and a nudge of his willpower, the two leave.

"William and Emma?"

There's no use hiding it -- both radiate a strangeness, an otherworldliness that is hard not to notice. You nod.

"Two snakes turned into [angels]. SEED bless you. Emma is acting a bit cold. Have a falling out?" Nicole quietly, maternally questions.

[2 vs 13] It's hard not to nod.

"She didn't deserve you, darling. It takes a spider to know one and that girl is a spider -- first loves are the hardest, though. I didn't have to worry about it. Mine got ripped apart by his Infected pa'." Nicole reminisces, trying to relate.

"I'm still deciding whether or not to kill you, you know." You snap, bluntly.

"And I'll play the part of your grandmother until you decide to, Pheobe." And there's a sincerity in those words that threatens to break your heart.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: June 06, 2020, 02:58:27 am »

"What role do you see yourself having here?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: June 06, 2020, 04:06:52 am »

"What role do you see yourself having here?"
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: June 06, 2020, 10:40:06 am »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: June 06, 2020, 03:53:21 pm »

[14 vs 12]I think she should be my advisor and nothing more. As Constantine suggested. I don't feel comfortable with her anywhere else.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: June 06, 2020, 04:51:18 pm »

I agree

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: June 06, 2020, 06:04:26 pm »

"How do I know you won't, for example, poison my ministers because you feel disrespected, or start a bloody insurrection because you feel I am 'rude?'"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: June 06, 2020, 07:28:35 pm »

Nicole bursts out into a laugh. "What is to stop me, Pheobe? Do you think me insane? Do you think me a fool to ruin all my hard work by ruining you?"

"What is the purpose of having or adopting children in politics?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: June 06, 2020, 09:31:35 pm »

"Having an ally bound to you by blood or family?"
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 381