Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 113707 times)

Aelwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2021, 05:13:26 pm »

Caravans can arrive on evil tiles of an embark, but if most tiles are not evil the odds are against that (you can make constructions that block avenues of entrance, though), and they can't arrive on a coastal evil water tile in the water.

Oh, I actually wanted to get caravans arriving following by hungry zombies but even if it doesn't happen then being surrounded by evil biomes will lead to zombie animals and critters coming from the border, right?
It may give a lot of FUN.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 06:14:40 am by Aelwen »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2021, 04:54:34 am »

Sadly(?), you can't goad undead to follow caravans in on embark entry.

I don't know if visiting critter groups are governed by the edge tile biomes or whether "incursion" biome can result in critter groups from those biomes as well, although I would guess it's the former. I don't know if anyone has investigated this.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2021, 12:28:22 pm »

I've had small strips of evil biomes on the edges of some of my embarks, and they did generate occasional undead spawns.  None of them were in the current version of the game, but since map generation works more or less the same way it has since 31.25, I don't see any reason why it would have changed much.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2021, 03:49:25 am »

I've had small strips of evil biomes on the edges of some of my embarks, and they did generate occasional undead spawns.  None of them were in the current version of the game, but since map generation works more or less the same way it has since 31.25, I don't see any reason why it would have changed much.
Interesting. And those weren't flying critters brought in by the buggy air biome (The biome in the air a bit above ground is the one of the world tile to the NW rather than that of the current world tile or the biomes at the ground level below)?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 25, 2021, 06:11:16 pm »

I can also confirm getting non-flying undead on evil biome incursions with the 42.06 5 biomes gen, FWIW.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2021, 02:37:17 am »

I can also confirm getting non-flying undead on evil biome incursions with the 42.06 5 biomes gen, FWIW.
Thanks. That's interesting (and potentially useful) info.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2021, 12:36:08 pm »

Interesting. And those weren't flying critters brought in by the buggy air biome (The biome in the air a bit above ground is the one of the world tile to the NW rather than that of the current world tile or the biomes at the ground level below)?

Some were birds, but I don't remember if all were.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

bucketsofbuckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2021, 05:39:51 pm »

I'm really happy with this one. It has everything needed for many forts to fail, one after another.

Need a laid-back, cozy, world, that's not too tall, not too wide, has easy to access mining locations, and beachfront spas staffed by zombie slaves? Then get ready to sign away your credit for a timeshare on luxurious Sil Sumun!

Spoiler: worldgen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: census (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: satellite view (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: prospect (click to show/hide)

Bonus: Execrable Soot Sickness, a permanent attribute altering syndrome, from a creeping dust. Sadly, reanimation means giving up massive iron ore or stoneware. I love stoneware.

The whole world has nicely varied deposits all over, glows of royal purpleevil, is full of fairly flat embarks, and sports 3 towers. I eventually managed to even to keep all the main civilizations alive in the triple digits past the first century! This particular embark depth is on the short side, but in the typical range. No 150z to magma in my resort world. I'd have liked some big desert regions, but that, plus glaciers, plus temperate and warmer woodlands, plus goblins not conquering the world - at some point, you have to prospect and embark.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 05:42:06 pm by bucketsofbuckets »

sabata4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2021, 01:57:47 pm »

so... uhh... im kinda looking for an embark... hope this is enough info... and im kinda looking for a map with 1 of everything.. so i can test colors and stuff

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2021, 02:00:42 pm »

That's plenty of info, sabata4, and what you're looking for should be reasonably straightforward to find.  I should have something today/tomorrow.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 06, 2021, 02:40:34 pm »

so... uhh... im kinda looking for an embark... hope this is enough info... and im kinda looking for a map with 1 of everything.. so i can test colors and stuff

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I believe this meets all your requirements.
Spoiler: sabata4 (click to show/hide)

sabata4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2021, 02:48:40 pm »

i... think that should do... kinda hoped there would be more rocs... but oh well..

EDIT: so... uhh i think im doing something wrong... considering the world seems to place volcano's a block down and left form what i saw in your image?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 03:13:08 pm by sabata4 »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2021, 03:44:11 pm »

For me, it generates without rejections on a default install of 47.05.  Are you seeing rejections?  And what platform are you using?

sabata4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2021, 03:52:38 pm »

im not seeing rejections... but the map you have in that site location doesn't match the one thats generated for me... villages and rivers mostly...the volcano's turned out to be me miscounting...

and for platform? i assume you mean what OS im using? window

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2021, 04:03:19 pm »

I just downloaded a fresh copy of 47.05, uncompressed & installed it, pasted the entire worldgen into world_gen.txt, generated the world on windows without rejections, and the embark is in the location indicated.  This is all working as expected & normal, from what I can see.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32