Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 111162 times)

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2021, 09:56:59 am »

What about this:

Our would you prefer the mountains across the bottom or top, exclusively?
bottom!

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 15, 2021, 10:24:23 pm »

This one looks like it matches..
Spoiler: gotototoe1 (click to show/hide)

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 16, 2021, 01:03:30 pm »

alright so, i modified the settings a bit to suit the world i was going for (rain shadows, erosion, entities, megabeasts, etc) as seen here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which results in a world that always looks like this:
aside from the obvious point of the mountainrange being in the middle, my biggest issue is that only three of the ninety civs end up being dwarven, each corresponding to one of the three dwarven entity types i modded in. any idea on how to stop this? is there some sort of limit on how many entities can inhabit a region? aside from that maybe some stray smaller mountainranges would be nice. thank u tho

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 17, 2021, 01:00:05 pm »

Well, you're generating 500 years of history, so you might have dwarf civs getting wiped out in that time.  Also, dwarves need mountains, so if those three civilizations take up a lot of space in that central mountain range, then other civilizations won't pop up.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2021, 01:10:05 pm »

Well, you're generating 500 years of history, so you might have dwarf civs getting wiped out in that time.  Also, dwarves need mountains, so if those three civilizations take up a lot of space in that central mountain range, then other civilizations won't pop up.
im talking about entities thatre generated. when civs get wiped out they leave ruins typically

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2021, 05:15:12 am »

Might be the issue in how since .44 rejectionless worlds don't always generate the same on different systems - i.e. linux and windows can match where windows and another windows don't.
To eliminate this as a possibility, I (in the last few hours) installed a brand new copy of Windows 10 1709 (vs. my current/normal 20H2) into a brand new virtual machine on VMWare Workstation 16.x, on a completely different CPU architecture (i7-7740X vs Pentium Gold G5400), on a completely different physical machine, hosted in Linux, downloaded a fresh copy of 47.05, installed it, took the sabata4 worldgen, gen'd the world, and the entire world, embark location, embark features, names and embark are identical.
Thanks for your time.

FWIW, I tried the test on 47.05 64-bit linux version on 64-bit Lubuntu 16.04, and generated world Zūza Sūttu

Granted, that'd be still fitting of sabata's requirements, so that wasn't the case.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2021, 05:07:08 pm »

Memory is that the more significant shift that can happen is with the assignation of good/evil values to different regions rather than strictly geography (in the geological sense  ;)).  At one stage I thought I pinpointed the bifurcation to the step in worldgen where kobold caves get assigned. 

But it's all ancient history to me and very unlikely to ever be fixed.  More likely to get a map rewrite... in a couple of decades... if anything.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2021, 09:26:12 pm »

Are there any conditions in WorldGen I can set to create more favorable conditions for a Tropical Savannah, specifically?  I'm getting a lot of Temperate, but no Tropical (mostly looking at shorelines near lakes & oceans).

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2021, 10:27:19 pm »

FWIW, I tried the test on 47.05 64-bit linux version on 64-bit Lubuntu 16.04, and generated world Zūza Sūttu
This aligns with some past testing done in the previous 1 or 2 versions, cross platform world generation geography replicates without rejections, but history and naming is not identical.  Thanks for the testing, Fleeting Frames.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 20, 2021, 03:15:49 am »

Are there any conditions in WorldGen I can set to create more favorable conditions for a Tropical Savannah, specifically?  I'm getting a lot of Temperate, but no Tropical (mostly looking at shorelines near lakes & oceans).
Having a pole would ensure that there's a tropical region, and making it a single pole rather than dual should more or less double its width. You should also be able to play with the meshes to gear them towards moderate rainfall (but not exclusively moderate if you want elves in your world, as they require forests).
If you're using PSVs you can set the parameters to generate savanna in the tropical region, or go without poles and make the temperature hot enough to cause the savanna to become tropical (I think the temperature required is 80, but won't swear on it).

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2021, 09:58:06 am »

Having a pole would ensure that there's a tropical region, and making it a single pole rather than dual should more or less double its width. You should also be able to play with the meshes to gear them towards moderate rainfall (but not exclusively moderate if you want elves in your world, as they require forests).
If you're using PSVs you can set the parameters to generate savanna in the tropical region, or go without poles and make the temperature hot enough to cause the savanna to become tropical (I think the temperature required is 80, but won't swear on it).
Good call on the Poles, right now I'm using AND/OR, so frequently get 2.  I'll try that before I start messing with meshes.  And of course, the oh so wonderful Region/Biome manipulators.

RachelF42

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2021, 06:06:16 pm »

hi folks!

I am looking for an embark with the following features:
embark size: 5x5
savagery: not benign
at least some surface trees
a brook or river of some kind
biome temperature: temperate
sand
flux
iron ore
gold ore
candy
multiple dwarven civs
neighbor: goblins
neighbor: humans
neighbor: elves
any volcano
three caverns
biome alignment: at least some good

TYIA! :3

EDIT: oh and fwiw im playing on LNP v47.05
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 06:08:53 pm by RachelF42 »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2021, 07:15:59 pm »

This matches your requested features in vanilla DF, RachelF42.  Mirthful Temperate Conifer Forest.  Flat volcano.  Brook on the southern edge.
Spoiler: rachef42_1 (click to show/hide)
I don't use LNP, so YMMV under those conditions, especially if LNP adjusts any raws or even some configuration files.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2021, 08:24:09 pm »

I'm looking for an embark suitable for a "Last Seven Dwarves in the World" run.

No Dwarven civs. Good minerals.

Other than that... I'm flexible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Never pet a burning dog.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2021, 09:38:05 pm »

Here's one that you could use, I think.
Frozen ice world, dead dwarven civ, one dragon, 10k goblins, 9250'U surface temp.  No soil on the surface, just ice.
Everything you need (soil, seeds, plants, wood, water) must be obtained/used from the cavern, and exists in this specific embark location.  Candy is present, as are clowns.
Whatever non-metal/non-stone items you bring will be damaged/destroyed by cold, although animals will survive long enough to be brought underground, if you're quick enough.
17Z to magma from the surface.
Spoiler: blue_emu_cold (click to show/hide)
If you're looking for a goal, using magma to heat the surface enough to build above ground might be challenging.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32