Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120064 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1710 on: April 21, 2020, 03:14:07 pm »

"hello Jack, i see your setting up a farm, do you know if any thing interesting is going on that i could help with?"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 21, 2020, 03:25:41 pm »

Reeta finds those she has met before, and one who she hasn’t met
I don’t think we met before, I’m Reeta
Then, to Jack
I remember you mentioned something about plant death yesterday or the day before that, well, Slayer and I found the reason, there is a cloud of fungal spores across a river northeast of here. Do you think you can reverse what you did here and stop the spores there from growing?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 21, 2020, 06:09:57 pm »

The pixie slept quietly against his chest and shoulder while he worked, picking up quality feathers from basically every chicken coop and fowl yard he could find in the small village. When he felt he had enough, he returned to his shack, and set about getting the reagent-grade mushroom farm started. They would need potions for another trip, if the *last* one was any indication at least-- and he was not about to be caught unprepared. Rushed maybe, but not unprepared.

Mama was happily snarfing down giant mushrooms still, and he gave her a gentle rub and pat.  She wanted to know why he was carrying the "winged thing" around; He didn't really have an answer for her that would make any sense, since to him it just seemed the correct and proper thing to do, given the circumstances.  Finally, he settled on a wry joke that he was "Practicing for later" and "getting used to the weight", with the hidden sub-text that he meant if she should have any cubs next year.  She of course, did not find the idea at all funny, but Jack did. She felt that if the cubs weren't old enough to walk around with her, they werent old enough to leave the den, and that walking around was an important part of their growing up, and was dead-set on it.  These little differences of perspective were well known to Jack; He HAD been living with animals for the better part of 2 decades. He just liked to tease.

It wasn't safe to use the hatchet while carrying the pixie against his chest, so he shifted the swaddle so that she was laying over his back and over a shoulder. She was more awkward to carry that way, but safer.  Once more, he collected deadfall limbs, cleaned off the twigs and side branches, and cut them to useful lengths, then soaked them with water at the bath-house. He wondered when the party would come get him, but decided that staying in one spot was probably the best bet to be collected quickly when they got their things ready and everyone else rounded up. He hoped they would come for him last, since it would give him time to make this work. When he was satisfied with the setup (About 7 of the same kind of mushroom fruiting bundle he had set up the night before, but neatly and tightly tied up and staked in a hexagon just to the south of his house), he collected the discarded woodchips from the hatchet work, then set to work inoculating and starting it using the spores he had collected in the jar with the half-cap he had retained.

[Roll: Auto]

Jack casts Minor Fungal Growth on the jar of spores, causing the growth of mycelium. He then divides the mycelium between 7 logs, and casts again on each of the logs, colonizing them. He then does two more casts for each log, causing them each to fruit twice, as then 14 Forest Mushrooms grow out of the logs.

[Jack receives 66 fatigue for the casts, now at 188 Max Stamina]
[Jack gains experience casting Nature Magic; now at 50% to next level]
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 21, 2020, 06:45:41 pm »

Reeta finds those she has met before, and one who she hasn’t met
I don’t think we met before, I’m Reeta
Then, to Jack
I remember you mentioned something about plant death yesterday or the day before that, well, Slayer and I found the reason, there is a cloud of fungal spores across a river northeast of here. Do you think you can reverse what you did here and stop the spores there from growing?

Jack answered while plucking mushrooms off the fruited logs.

Ats a lot a shrooms ta make at many spores... Ya sure it wadn't mold or sommat? Mold'd make more sense... Regardless, I'd suggest ye stays outta it fer now.. Worth investigatin' 'wat it 'tis, but i'd radder grow a sample in a jar, as opposed ta traipsin in where I dun belong---- Whats at? Reverse de growth?... ...  Ain't never tried.  I gots a couple idears, but... Mebbe la'er...  I gots a small "fan club" up yonder as is just ITCHIN' te get muh hoary ol' butt on t'e road like it were yest'rday.  I needs te get dis 'ere shit wrapped up so's we keen git goin.

He looked up at Dula, who was keeping a respectful distance, given Mama's previous apprehensions and distrust. She was giving worried looks between the returned spider yokai and and himself, while chomping and chewing on the remains of a nub of giant mushroom... Clearly, she had been quite busy while he had been working.  That was good, it meant she wouldn't be all that hungry today. It made him feel good inside knowing she had enough to eat today.

No' unless ye knows nature magic--- I'd let ye borrow t'e books but I thinks ye'd go blind tryin ta read sommat that small...  Ifn' yer serious, maybe ye could help me out la'er wit some ot'er thangs-- Clear as hell 'is forest ain't gonna fix itself! Fer now, I got's what I needed-- Some las' minit shoppin' an' tradin', and we's headed out. If'n ye gots stuffs ya wanna bring, I suggest ye git it packed!

He shot mama a quick message; If she felt uncomfortable around Dula, she could come with him-- He was heading out to do some trading with what he had just grown. She asked if it was edible (with a subtext that she hoped for something other than mushroom), which to her great disappointment, he had to assert it was not.  She was familiar with the healing potions, and what they did, since he had administered one to her about 4 days prior after the bladed glider encounter. He filled her in, as best he could, about how the silly 2 legged things were venturing off on another dangerous adventure, and how he wanted to have some kind of insurance against grievous injury. She agreed that it seemed prudent, but felt going on the trip to begin with was anything but prudent.  It made his heart sink a little-- knowingly and willingly asking her to follow him on yet some other fool's errand into the mouth of death-- but the resolve was still there. This forest would ONLY get worse, if no action was taken, and the only way to learn what was going on, like where those DAMNED PLANTS came from, or how they came to wind up inside every poor creature under leaf and branch in this place, would be to go marching into that danger head on.  At least this way, there were others to help. 

Mama radiated confusion and consternation about why he was so fixated on solving this problem, but he got the impression that she had just accepted it as part of his nature.  He mused at that--- Perhaps it was...

He walked up to her, knelt down, and hugged on her.  She smelled nice... Breath smelled like raw mushrooms, but her fur still had hints of pine, along with dry leaves. He found himself impulsively nuzzling and murmuring at her before realizing it.  The pixie was heavy; She made it hard to stand up again, so he used the frosty stick to leverage himself back to his feet again. ... He was rather happy that Mama had insisted that there would be no cub-carrying.

Mama made one more furtive look at Dula, before ripping the last of the mushroom she had been gorging on off the log, mouthing and chewing on it as she followed behind jack on his way to the apothecary.

Shortly, he knocked politely on the door.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 21, 2020, 06:46:10 pm »

Continue squeezing the rock with entangle roots, also try to get more roots to pierce and whip the rock because I will win eventually.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 21, 2020, 07:15:17 pm »

you won’t have to enter the cloud, Slayer and I didn’t enter the cloud. If you want to collect spores you can probably just place the jar near it and let spores fall in. After the collecting, maybe Dixie and Linea can burn the rest of them, once we get a good distance away. There are a lot. Where is Slayer? Who is the giant spider that seems to know the rest of you?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 22, 2020, 06:43:45 am »

"Crap I went from ghosts to one that's dying, maybe I should try something other that weasels."
Burt then told the dying weasel to explode, then summon a fox and see if I can command that, hopefully it won't be sick and dying.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 22, 2020, 01:16:03 pm »

*Jack completes transactions at the Apothecary*

Jack exchanges 14 forest mushrooms for 7 shichetta leaves, (which was the apothecary's entire stock), and 7 Mage's fennel (Entire stock). He further exchanges 1 blanket weed and 1 poison flower for 1 rocksalt and 1 badger scent gland.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 22, 2020, 01:19:54 pm »

Reeta tries to talk to the large spider, looking up at him as she speaks
I haven’t seen you yet, you seem to know these people, however, I haven’t seen you in town. My name’s Reeta. What’s your name?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 22, 2020, 10:46:07 pm »

Continue squeezing the rock with entangle roots, also try to get more roots to pierce and whip the rock because I will win eventually.

(Hey, Cool failed to trigger, 24% chance)

[Roll: 6+3 = 9/20] (Cumulative +3 bonus from previous action)

Doctor Doak continues squeezing the rock with roots; the rock is starting to crack. Rock takes 10 damage.

[Roll: 3/20]

Doctor Doak tries piercing the rock with the roots, but the rock is too hard. Some of the roots entangling the rock end up damaging themselves, weakening the total root strength around the rock from 22 to 18.

[Roll: 20/20]

Doctor Doak tries whipping the rock with the roots, and it's super effective! The rock takes 18 damage and breaks into pieces. Doctor Doak has defeated the rock!

[Doctor Doak's Entangling Roots ability gains Root Whip proficiency (action bonus to using roots as whips)]
[Doctor Doak gains experience using Nature Magic; 35% to next level]

"Crap I went from ghosts to one that's dying, maybe I should try something other that weasels."
Burt then told the dying weasel to explode, then summon a fox and see if I can command that, hopefully it won't be sick and dying.

Burt tells the dying weasel to explode, as it then poofs out of existence.

[Roll: 9/20]

Burt then summons a fox. The fox looks a good bit healthier than the previous weasel, as it looks around, observing its surroundings.

[Roll: 8/20]

Burt tries commanding the fox. It seems somewhat responsive to Burt's commands, moving in the general direction Burt tells it to go in. It soon gets distracted and starts rolling around in the grass.

[Burt gains experience using Summoning Magic; 35% to next level]

*Jack completes transactions at the Apothecary*

Jack exchanges 14 forest mushrooms for 7 shichetta leaves, (which was the apothecary's entire stock), and 7 Mage's fennel (Entire stock). He further exchanges 1 blanket weed and 1 poison flower for 1 rocksalt and 1 badger scent gland.

[Jack trades 14 Forest Mushroom, 1 Blanketweed, 1 Hovering Poisonflower for 7 Shichetta, 7 Mage's Fennel, 1 Rock Salt, 1 Badger Scent Gland]

(Apothecarist shop has been updated)
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 23, 2020, 05:59:04 am »

Resets turns to the giant spider and starts talking to him
Hi, it seems you know the group, however this is the first time I’ve seen you. I’m Reeta, a new adventurer here

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 23, 2020, 06:52:41 am »

"Alright, the fox seems more responsive than the weasels were, I guess I should go show those other guys my mad wizard skills, right after I mess with it a little longer."
Burt tells the fox to talk to him or make a loud noise, then he tries to see if he can get the fox to bring him a specific random item, after that he'll pick up the fox and bring it to where ever the others are and show them the fox he magicked up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 23, 2020, 12:56:51 pm »

"sorry about that little one, you must of been too quiet for me to notice, i'm Dularach and makes sense you haven't seen me since i've been resting inside my burrow for a bit since the first attack of those crazed beast"
he crouches down so they don't hurt there neck looking at this 24ft tall of a humanoid spider yokai
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 23, 2020, 01:29:32 pm »

what happened during the first attack? What came? The others mentioned a tower, were you there?

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 24, 2020, 07:46:15 pm »

Remembering that lightning is only one step beyond fire, Dixie leans to a corner of the village hub and practices to conjure lightning, while waiting for others.
I have a YouTube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 142