Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120069 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1695 on: April 19, 2020, 06:51:41 pm »

"You will do what I say you little shit!"
Burt then tried to grab the weasel and demanded that it do what he wanted it to, then after that he'd summon another one and command them to fight.

[Roll: 8+3 = 11/20] (+3 cumulative bonus from previous action)

Burt grabs the weasel, somehow he's able to do so despite the creature being a hologram. After yelling at it, the weasel seems slightly more obedient, moving to where Burt tells it to, but still a bit spastic and underachieving in its following of orders.

[Roll: 7/20]

Burt summons another translucent weasel.

[Roll: 11/20]

Burt commands the weasels to fight. The weasels look at each other menacingly and begin their duel. One weasel charges at another but misses its attack. The other counterattacks, but gets distracted by a nearby butterfly. The first charges again and lands its tackle, dealing 0.2 damage (0.05 blocked). Grievously injured, the second weasel growls, lowering the attack of the first weasel. The weasels continue to go about it, neither one able to come out on top just yet.

[Burt has reached level 1 in Summoning Magic! 10% to next level]

Burt feels his summoning powers grow; he feels that he may be able to summon small mammals that are corporeal now.

Doctor Doak will continue practicing entangle roots on he rock to hopefully get better stronger roots.

[Roll: Auto+12/20] (Auto in this particular instance indicates basic action competency due to the spell having been learned)

Doctor Doak continues practicing entangling roots on the rock, trying to get stronger roots (Hey, Cool fails to trigger, 24% chance).

More roots emerge from the ground, slightly thicker than before. [Entangling Roots root strength has increased from 10 (starting default) to 12]

Rock on ground is currently entangled (total root strength 22).

[Doctor Doak gains some experience in Nature Magic; 10% to next level]
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 19, 2020, 09:44:59 pm »

"I'll give you that for six coins, aye?" He replied after a moment of mental calculation. "I could whip out some sandwiches in a moment if you'd like. Ain't as longlasting, but it'd keep for a few days."
"Agreed. Here is your money."

After paying for her stuff and getting the sandwich the inkeep promised, Linea returned to the meeting point. She didn't see the pixie, and wondered if the thing had died, escaped, or simply reclaimed by Little Sally.

"So, where is the pixie?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 19, 2020, 10:06:54 pm »

I'll give you the regular ones and go to the magic shop to get the magic one examined, thank you
After giving Benuto the regular bones and receiving the 5 gold, Reeta goes to the magic shop
a missed action

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 20, 2020, 08:36:25 am »

"Yes fight for my entertainment, you little ghostly bastards!"
Burt watched the fight until it was over, then he commanded the winner to explode and hopefully summoned a not ghost weasel and he commanded it to speak to him or at least make as loud a noise as possible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 20, 2020, 10:06:24 am »

The pixie slept quietly against his chest and shoulder while he worked, picking up quality feathers from basically every chicken coop and fowl yard he could find in the small village. When he felt he had enough, he returned to his shack, and set about getting the reagent-grade mushroom farm started. They would need potions for another trip, if the *last* one was any indication at least-- and he was not about to be caught unprepared. Rushed maybe, but not unprepared.

Mama was happily snarfing down giant mushrooms still, and he gave her a gentle rub and pat.  She wanted to know why he was carrying the "winged thing" around; He didn't really have an answer for her that would make any sense, since to him it just seemed the correct and proper thing to do, given the circumstances.  Finally, he settled on a wry joke that he was "Practicing for later" and "getting used to the weight", with the hidden sub-text that he meant if she should have any cubs next year.  She of course, did not find the idea at all funny, but Jack did. She felt that if the cubs weren't old enough to walk around with her, they werent old enough to leave the den, and that walking around was an important part of their growing up, and was dead-set on it.  These little differences of perspective were well known to Jack; He HAD been living with animals for the better part of 2 decades. He just liked to tease.

It wasn't safe to use the hatchet while carrying the pixie against his chest, so he shifted the swaddle so that she was laying over his back and over a shoulder. She was more awkward to carry that way, but safer.  Once more, he collected deadfall limbs, cleaned off the twigs and side branches, and cut them to useful lengths, then soaked them with water at the bath-house. He wondered when the party would come get him, but decided that staying in one spot was probably the best bet to be collected quickly when they got their things ready and everyone else rounded up. He hoped they would come for him last, since it would give him time to make this work. When he was satisfied with the setup (About 7 of the same kind of mushroom fruiting bundle he had set up the night before, but neatly and tightly tied up and staked in a hexagon just to the south of his house), he collected the discarded woodchips from the hatchet work, then set to work inoculating and starting it using the spores he had collected in the jar with the half-cap he had retained.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 20, 2020, 02:01:55 pm »

Try to crush the rock that is entangled on roots into dust!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 20, 2020, 06:06:30 pm »

"Oh, there it is. Look. "

Dixie pointed at Jack from a distance, doing labour work. "There's the pixie, on his back. Aw, it's so cute."

She then noticed the slew of food Linea carried in wrappings. "I suppose it's go time?"
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 21, 2020, 03:15:49 am »

"Oh, there it is. Look. "

Dixie pointed at Jack from a distance, doing labour work. "There's the pixie, on his back. Aw, it's so cute."

She then noticed the slew of food Linea carried in wrappings. "I suppose it's go time?"
"Let's go. Mr. Jack! are you in?"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 21, 2020, 04:06:33 am »

And there it was... Definitely rushed.

Gimme a bit-- I wanna git sum supplies ready firs'-- he huffed, still working on the jar.

He wanted to get at least a few ingredients traded before they left-- Something he could work with once they set camp for the night.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 21, 2020, 10:21:49 am »

I'll give you the regular ones and go to the magic shop to get the magic one examined, thank you
After giving Benuto the regular bones and receiving the 5 gold, Reeta goes to the magic shop

The magic shopkeeper is busy attaching string to some innocuous-looking tops when he spots Reeta walk up.

"Greetings, harvest comes early this year! HAH! Haha... ha? Yes yes, what can I getcha?"
:-(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 21, 2020, 10:25:56 am »

I have something that might be magic, but I’m not sure what type
Show the shopkeeper the glowing bone

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 21, 2020, 10:34:58 am »

[Reeta gains 5g, loses non-magical pixie bones]
Ear teeth

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 21, 2020, 11:03:30 am »

"Ah of course! I can tell you, with a great deal of certainty, that you are CORRECT in your assessment, if something glows it's definitely magic, unless it's a fluorescent mushroom, or a firefly, or the embers of a dying fire, or a lantern, or the sun which I must remind you is unwise to gaze at directly. My numerous forays into this confirm it... my vision still whites out sometimes. Err, if I may be ever so curious, can a plant person look at the sun without suffering the same effects or... well it had to be asked, in the name of magic. Plants depend on the sun after all, so perhaps your vision doesn't suffer as much as mi- I mean, a person's..."

"OH BUT BACK TO THE TASK AT HAND! The bone has quite a bit of magic essence to it, I'll just dab a bit of this, and smash a bit of that..."

The shopkeep uses a pipette to drop some strange-smelling liquid onto the bone, then takes out a tiny 3-inch silver hammer and proceeds to grind the bones into a fine power, then finally scoops the whole thing into a jar and hands it back to Reeta.

"i shan't charge you more than 1g. You can apply the essence to things, and magic will happen. I'm not sure what kind, but this is exactly why one must experiment to find out! I haven't lost a limb yet, I think you'll do just fine rubbing this powder all over the place."
:-(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 21, 2020, 11:42:06 am »

"Ah of course! I can tell you, with a great deal of certainty, that you are CORRECT in your assessment, if something glows it's definitely magic, unless it's a fluorescent mushroom, or a firefly, or the embers of a dying fire, or a lantern, or the sun which I must remind you is unwise to gaze at directly. My numerous forays into this confirm it... my vision still whites out sometimes. Err, if I may be ever so curious, can a plant person look at the sun without suffering the same effects or... well it had to be asked, in the name of magic. Plants depend on the sun after all, so perhaps your vision doesn't suffer as much as mi- I mean, a person's..."

"OH BUT BACK TO THE TASK AT HAND! The bone has quite a bit of magic essence to it, I'll just dab a bit of this, and smash a bit of that..."

The shopkeep uses a pipette to drop some strange-smelling liquid onto the bone, then takes out a tiny 3-inch silver hammer and proceeds to grind the bones into a fine power, then finally scoops the whole thing into a jar and hands it back to Reeta.

"i shan't charge you more than 1g. You can apply the essence to things, and magic will happen. I'm not sure what kind, but this is exactly why one must experiment to find out! I haven't lost a limb yet, I think you'll do just fine rubbing this powder all over the place."
thank you. My name’s Reeta. We’re going on an expedition soon. I’ll be sure to come back when we get back
Reeta gives 1 gold to the shopkeeper and takes the magic essence, then tries finding the other adventurers

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 21, 2020, 02:54:47 pm »

She went on her room for preparation. Equipping the Heavy Armor from delivery, removing the cape. She also take 32 flintlock ammo into her chamber, a container for flintlock which strapped over on her armor at high hip. The holster is strapped over her armor at the right side of her thigh which clarified that she is right handed. Her one-handed sword is now strapped behind over on her armor, faster respond for unsheathe the blade and also creating a good swing for defensive or initiate offensive.

[Laemmle is now wearing Paladin Full Plate as her armor]

"well, i'll go now to see if i can find the ingredients for the potion, please do tell me if you find anything interesting miss Flo"
Dularach now wanders around town to see if anyone needs help

It doesn't seem like anyone nearby is in need of help at the moment.

Dularach soon wanders towards Jack's house, where Jack is setting up a mushroom farm. Linea, Dixie, and Laemmle are nearby, getting ready for an expedition into the forest.

"Yes fight for my entertainment, you little ghostly bastards!"
Burt watched the fight until it was over, then he commanded the winner to explode and hopefully summoned a not ghost weasel and he commanded it to speak to him or at least make as loud a noise as possible.

The fight between the translucent weasels continues. The weasel on the offense charges again at the injured weasel, dealing another fierce blow to its opponent. The defensive weasel counterattacks with a bite, spitting out a mouthful of translucent blue furs afterwards. The first weasel then sweeps its tail on the ground, but the second dodges it by jumping into the air and then doing a dash attack, which grazes the first.

Both weasels are becoming tired now as they then charge at each other for a furry finale. Ghostly blue furs fly everywhere as one of the weasels emerges victorious, causing the other to dissipate into vapor.

[Roll: 9/20]

The victor squeaks in triumph before also poofing into a burst of blue smoke.

[Roll: Auto+3/20]

Burt then summons a new weasel, this time one that is corporeal. The newly summoned weasel is indeed in the flesh, but it doesn't look too healthy, as it lumbers around sluggishly, making coughing sounds.

[Roll: 2/20]

Burt commands the weasel to speak, or make as loud a noise as possible. The frail-looking weasel inhales for a moment, and then unleashes a weakish cough. It then falls over in exhaustion.

[Burt has gained experience in Summoning Magic; 20% to next level]

Try to crush the rock that is entangled on roots into dust!

[Roll: 3/20]

Doctor Doak makes the roots tighten around the rock, trying to crush it into dust. (Hey, Cool failed to trigger, 24% chance)

However the rock sits strong, barely damaged by the squeezy roots. Rock takes 3 damage.

Rock is currently entangled (root strength 22), slightly damaged.

[Doctor Doak gains experience using Nature Magic; 15% to next level]

thank you. My name’s Reeta. We’re going on an expedition soon. I’ll be sure to come back when we get back
Reeta gives 1 gold to the shopkeeper and takes the magic essence, then tries finding the other adventurers

[Reeta loses 1g, obtains Magic Pixie Bone Powder]

Reeta soon finds Linea, Jack, Dixie, Laemmle, and Dularach near Jack's house, getting ready to venture out into the forest.

((Also just a note, combat actions will likely be turned into one bolded custom action submission, rather than how it is currently with different action types. Also, stamina regen seems too high at the moment so we will be likely reducing it by 50%. Will confirm these changes along with any others by next battle.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:22:22 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 142