Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120034 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1725 on: April 25, 2020, 11:26:20 am »

Hurrying back from the apothecary, and giving his bags a last minute check, he grabs a nice chunk of the remaining mushroom, and stuffs it into a jar to collect spores, stuffs a large hunk into his mouth, then packs the salt and remaining flour for the trip.

Doing his best to shout through a full mouth, he asserts his readiness to head out, while giving the bear a gentle ear-rub.

..Reddy tuph goph!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 25, 2020, 11:32:00 am »

Ready
Head Northeast

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 25, 2020, 02:30:03 pm »

"Alright, the fox seems more responsive than the weasels were, I guess I should go show those other guys my mad wizard skills, right after I mess with it a little longer."
Burt tells the fox to talk to him or make a loud noise, then he tries to see if he can get the fox to bring him a specific random item, after that he'll pick up the fox and bring it to where ever the others are and show them the fox he magicked up.

[Roll: 10/20]

Burt tells the fox to talk to him or make a loud noise. The fox barks quickly a couple of times, then makes a high pitched howl. It seems to be communicating to Burt that it understands, somewhat.

[Roll: 12/20]

Burt then tells the fox to bring him a specific random item. The fox looks and sniffs around, searching the nearby perimeters of houses. Soon after, it returns to Burt with a slipper in its mouth.

[Burt gains experience using Summoning Magic; 60% to next level]

Burt then picks up the fox and brings it to the other adventurers, showing them the summoned creature. Most of the other adventurers have gathered near Jack's house, and seem to be getting ready for an expedition into the forest.

Ready
Head Northeast

Reeta begins heading northeast into the forest.

All other adventurers who wish to go on this expedition should join the party now.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 25, 2020, 02:38:22 pm »

Dularach would follow them
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 25, 2020, 05:52:38 pm »

(snip)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:19:39 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 25, 2020, 06:56:05 pm »

Doctor Doak suddenly appears with the party!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 26, 2020, 04:12:41 am »

"So when did the old guy build the house, and where's everyone going I just got here and I have no idea whats happening."
Burt also followed everyone else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 26, 2020, 07:00:45 am »

((Addressing some previous actions))

Jack shivered. He never got over how horrible witnessing this process was, but until he could find some better treatment, it was the best available... And being disassembled and re-assembled was better than living with one of those things growing where it shouldn't.

His thoughts wandered to how to care for the poor thing.  Like himself and Mama, it probably would not be good for it to stay in a place like the inn, but he wasn't completely sure of that. Then the thought to check in that so called "bestiary" crossed his mind, and he smirked.

He rifled through his knapsack, and hauled out the absurdly thick ream of paper, then started flipping through the empty pages, looking for the right one...

The Tome senses the presence of a creature in the vicinity and as Jack flips the pages they start turning rapidly on their own, coming to a sudden halt midway though. All the flipped pages were blank and this alone seems to have visible writing on it albeit only on the left page, the right one remains empty.

It reads:

"Pixies are one of many entities under the Fae banner. Pixies are baser creatures, not quite as sophisticated as their Fairy cousins, but not as simplistic as Sprites which cannot be perceived as more than a floating mote of light.

Pixies can be found wherever arboreal wilderness still thrives, and never too far from paths that may be trod by human or other sentient species. Pixies live in social groups, the exact makeup of which is unknown. They subsist on whatever they can find in the forest, from berries to rodent-flesh and even cannibalistic practices have been documented. They are capable of making rudimentary tools and clothing and are able to use magic, as all Fae can. They generally use illusion magic to cause trickery and bewilderment in travellers. Indeed a Pixie’s mischievousness is generally considered their defining trait.

In appearance Pixies resemble miniaturized humans. Their height can vary between 2 and 3 feet, but unlike a human child they retain the proportion of a human adult. Their eyes are large, variously described as bug-like, toad-like or glowing a pure black or white. They have wings which are unique to every individual and the shape is analogous to that of any insect wing. These are used for hovering and flight but Pixies cannot achieve flight solely through wings, their ability to fly is augmented with magic. Like the wings a Pixie’s complexion also has variety, which can resemble the pale and dark hues of humans, or else exotic colors not seen in people such as yellow, purple, green and others.

Over the past few centuries they have been regularly spotted leaving their natural forest environs to prey (i.e. spread their usual mayhem) on people residing in villages in or close to the forest. It’s mere conjecture at this point, but this once atypical behaviour may be becoming more common due to the increased conversion of forests into farmland, reducing the density of old forests which serve as habitat for many creatures both magical and mundane.”

Burt woke up and discovered that he had fallen asleep while trying to read the books he had just acquired, he looks around and finds its just now morning and apparently he fell asleep next to some building.

"How am I going to become a gun wizard if I fall asleep trying to read the damn book."

Burt then tried to skim through both the gun and summoning books to get an idea of what spells and things they contain.

Burt reads the book on gun magic, which contains few instructions on how to perform magic and mostly regales the exploits of gunmen and magicians in the wild wastes of the Western Norosan Desert. The gunmages were more likely to draw their guns on ferocious beasts, native blood bandits and each other than to make better use of their judgement and most ended up with very short lifespans. But in doing so they managed to tame the vast desert which had defied the Empire's attempts at colonization in centuries past.

Of special note are three unnamed mages, seemingly more figures of myth than actual personalities. Each one relied on a personal brand of weapons and magic to blast their way through the frontier, and hey lasted longer than the other mages (if they succumbed to the desert in the first place, the book doesn't make that particular detail clear). It seems like would-be gunmages can learn and master any given spell as long as they practice it to full.

IMAGE LINK

((There are 4 tiers for gunmagic, which are unlocked at levels 1, 4, 7 and 10. You can pick any one spell to learn and master each level [assuming the higher, interior tiers are unlocked to learn those spells]. One does not need to learn a spell of a particular path to learn the higher tier spell for the same path. Each spell has path points attributed to it [e.g.  Wind Bullets have 2 Gumshoe points, Earth Bullets have 2 Gambler points, Poison Bullets have 1 Gumshoe and 1 Gambler point etc]. These determine the nature of the final spell, unlocked at level 10. Also, each spell once mastered to the full unlocks either a secondary spell or an upgrade for the mastered spell. The possible upgrade for each spell will be shared soon.))

Spoiler: Detail for each spell (click to show/hide)
:-(

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 26, 2020, 12:48:05 pm »

After finishing all of the preparations and whatnot, Linea and Edwarg began their journey, taking the similar route they went through when discovering the tower, then go straight to the north according to simple map Linea drew.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 26, 2020, 08:34:45 pm »

Resting from his usual spot in the walls, the slayer found his allies gathering up, preparing.

"It's about time you guys finally set out" the slayer told himself, then ran towards the party.

Follows the party, generally where Leammle is

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 27, 2020, 12:20:23 am »

Dixie follows Linea and Edwarg, assuming they're heading towards the lake which is past the tower.
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 27, 2020, 01:37:10 am »

At a slow, lumbering, walk Jack and Mama head toward the lake with the others.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 30, 2020, 03:00:24 am »

Laemmle is about to follow the the party but two dressed same her function appeared to her sight.

"Lady Laemmle, we are here to take you back to Saint Haven. The Head wanted you to there, it was an urgent.

Your belongings are already on packed."

She look to trails of her party and have a sadness gestures. She then nods to her fellow.

The other person with the messenger casted spells created a barrier arround them and then instant fly away to the sky. It's like a light ball flying into the sky headed to the north.

Laemmle left the party.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 30, 2020, 03:28:10 am »

The slayer found Leammle accompanied by two other strangers, they seem to know each other, but her expression turned grim after a few exchanges. Their eyes met, hers full of sadness, she quietly bowed to her and spoke something which the slayer didn't hear.

He was about to ask the pancake maiden about it but a bright light suddenly bursted out of nowhere blinding him momentarily, next thing he knew, a giant orb has flown upward in the sky then vanished. He looked around, searching for the pancake lady however, she seems to be gone.

"You made a wise choice pancake lady, you don't deserve to die here." He murmured.

The slayer kept in pace with the party now following Reeta(and probably poked her)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 30, 2020, 07:05:13 am »

Oh good, you’re coming with me, I was hoping one of the fire mates could accompany us to help with the spores, but I guess they have other plans. We’ll catch up with them eventually, making a new path
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 142