Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120160 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1560 on: April 12, 2020, 09:16:37 am »

Time has progressed to next day. It is now early morning.

Laemmle proceed to Guild Master Aven inside the Adventurer's Guild. She asks about the missing child and other matter about current expedition to the forest.

Dixie follows Laemmle into the Guild house thingy, interested about this missing child case as well.

As Laemmle and Dixie exit the Boarding house, the messenger boy follows them at a discreet distance.

They meet Aven in the Adventurer's Guild and ask him about the missing child.

"Yes... not much I can tell you about that I'm afraid. It's not the only missing person case we have here and we haven't been able to focus on them due to the animal attacks. We did a pretty thorough sweep of the village but unfortunately we couldn't find them. They were probably taken out of the village, unless we can find evidence for it otherwise."

After this the messenger boy slides up to Laemmle and Dixie.

"Pardon me missems, but the Mayor demands your presence... and the rest of your adventuring company too. He would like to keep it discreet if possible."

The messenger throws a nervous glance towards Aven, who is talking to someone else across the room.
:-(

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 12, 2020, 09:33:26 am »

Another morning arrived without any comprehensive leads. Linea walked down the stairs, finding both Sven and Barnes completely wasted by the table at the corner of the inn. They wouldn't be waking up any time soon and she actually giving up on expecting any on-time result coming from them

Edwarg was nowhere to be seen but his room was empty last time Linea checked.

Skipping breakfast, Linea walked into the market place. Still hoped to find the little merchant Dixie mentioned. The only clue she had is her general appearance; A young, lime haired girl with a buffed bodyguard. The kind of mug that should be hard to miss, if she really exists, or still in this village.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 12, 2020, 09:38:12 am »

Laemmle commence a calling for the meetup with her whole party members to the Mayor's Town Hall.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 12, 2020, 09:42:01 am »

Laemmle commence a calling for the meetup with her whole party members to the Mayor's Town Hall.
As Reeta heads for the AdvHQ, she hears Laemmie
what’s going on? I need to give some things to Benuto and Xanios, how urgent is this?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 12, 2020, 09:54:41 am »

Another morning arrived without any comprehensive leads. Linea walked down the stairs, finding both Sven and Barnes completely wasted by the table at the corner of the inn. They wouldn't be waking up any time soon and she actually giving up on expecting any on-time result coming from them

Edwarg was nowhere to be seen but his room was empty last time Linea checked.

Skipping breakfast, Linea walked into the market place. Still hoped to find the little merchant Dixie mentioned. The only clue she had is her general appearance; A young, lime haired girl with a buffed bodyguard. The kind of mug that should be hard to miss, if she really exists, or still in this village.

It's not long before Linea is able to spot a pair of townspeople matching the exact description she is looking for--a little girl with a pale-ish green colored hair, followed by a large muscular man wearing an ornate mask.

They seem to be wandering around a vacant section of the market, looking for something or someone. Doesn't seem like they are having much luck finding whatever or whomever they are looking for.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 12, 2020, 10:13:09 am »

It's not long before Linea is able to spot a pair of townspeople matching the exact description she is looking for--a little girl with a pale-ish green colored hair, followed by a large muscular man wearing an ornate mask.

They seem to be wandering around a vacant section of the market, looking for something or someone. Doesn't seem like they are having much luck finding whatever or whomever they are looking for.

"This must be the girl Dixie mentioned before."

Linea approached the duo.

"Greetings. My name is Linea Starboard of Helvetia. It has come to my attention that you are in possession of a captured pixie from the Dead Forest and--"

"Yes?"

"Do you have a moment? I would like to purchase its ownership."

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 12, 2020, 10:31:22 am »

"This must be the girl Dixie mentioned before."

Linea approached the duo.

"Greetings. My name is Linea Starboard of Helvetia. It has come to my attention that you are in possession of a captured pixie from the Dead Forest and--"

"Yes?"

"Do you have a moment? I would like to purchase its ownership."

"You want to take away my new dolly? And give me money for it?"

She pouts, while the masked hunk stands there motionlessly, facing Linea.

"I'm not giving you my dolly; I have no interest in coin. If you want to give me another, better dolly, I might consider your proposition. Sometimes I get bored of my previous dollies. Dollies are hard to come by though. They run around in the forest and are dangerous for little girls like me, but if you can fetch a new one for me I might be willing to trade."
Ear teeth

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 12, 2020, 11:08:48 am »

what’s going on? I need to give some things to Benuto and Xanios, how urgent is this?
"It seems to be urgent. The Mayor want us to his Town Hall for something important matter." She replied.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:10:51 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 12, 2020, 11:22:03 am »

"It seems to be urgent. The Mayor want us to his Town Hall for something important matter." She replied.
ok, I guess I can give the items after the meeting
Reeta heads to the Town Hall to listen to the Mayor
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:48:08 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 12, 2020, 11:42:31 am »

"You want to take away my new dolly? And give me money for it?"

She pouts, while the masked hunk stands there motionlessly, facing Linea.

"I'm not giving you my dolly; I have no interest in coin. If you want to give me another, better dolly, I might consider your proposition. Sometimes I get bored of my previous dollies. Dollies are hard to come by though. They run around in the forest and are dangerous for little girls like me, but if you can fetch a new one for me I might be willing to trade."

Linea was never one that good with kids, never will. So when the girl asked her to go for an errand looking for another monster to trade, she knew that this was getting nowhere.

But she didn't give up yet.

With the best, friendliest and the most natural smile she could make, Linea lowered her voice, trying to sound like a little girl alike.

"You know, Friend? I have a better idea. See the bunch of adventurers by the mayor's office? They are my friends and we are going to the forest! We are strong and don't fear the monsters. Too bad we are short of a proper guide. What if you help us by lending me your dolly? She can show us the way... umm to her Dolly Kingdom! You know, like in the book. And then we can bring back as many dollies as you want!"

"So, what do say? Help us and we help you." 

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:49:02 am by Slyph »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 12, 2020, 12:20:49 pm »

Burt woke up and discovered that he had fallen asleep while trying to read the books he had just acquired, he looks around and finds its just now morning and apparently he fell asleep next to some building.

"How am I going to become a gun wizard if I fall asleep trying to read the damn book."

Burt then tried to skim through both the gun and summoning books to get an idea of what spells and things they contain.

Burt reads the book on summoning. It includes exercises which can enable a mage to summon creatures, namely visualising the creature to be summoned and channeling energy to the mind, allowing the creature to manifest before the summoner. Mages who have experience handling a creature are generally better suited to summoning that creature but that is not always the case. Practically no one tames a wild dragon or a beast of legend, yet the best summoners can bring them under their command through the force of their wizardly intellect.

Depending on the mental fortitude of the summoner the creature may hesitate to obey commands, or even turn on its master. The duration of the summon depends on the magic reserves of the caster. The book starts its lessons with summoning small creatures, and gradually progresses to larger more dangerous fiends. The book recommends choosing between 1 of 3 categories of creatures for each exercise, rather than focusing on mastering all. This way the summoner can focus on getting better and summoning stronger creatures, rather than being adept at summoning 3 weak creatures of relative similar strength.

IMAGE LINK

(("Level" refers to level of proficiency with summoning which increases through reading/training, it's not related to player level. Please note creatures and creature abilities may be subject to later change. If you have any feedback about this let us know. Gun Magic system is still a work-in-progress, allow us some more time to finalize it. Thank for your patience!))
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 12, 2020, 01:08:25 pm »

Linea was never one that good with kids, never will. So when the girl asked her to go for an errand looking for another monster to trade, she knew that this was getting nowhere.

But she didn't give up yet.

With the best, friendliest and the most natural smile she could make, Linea lowered her voice, trying to sound like a little girl alike.

"You know, Friend? I have a better idea. See the bunch of adventurers by the mayor's office? They are my friends and we are going to the forest! We are strong and don't fear the monsters. Too bad we are short of a proper guide. What if you help us by lending me your dolly? She can show us the way... umm to her Dolly Kingdom! You know, like in the book. And then we can bring back as many dollies as you want!"

"So, what do say? Help us and we help you."

"Hmmm..." She thinks about it, looking slightly conflicted. "I just got my dolly... but I do want more dollies. If giving up this dolly for a short time will mean more dollies later..."

She turns to Linea. "How do I know you won't just run off with my dolly? I'll lend it to you if you promise to return with more, but I need something from you to hold as collateral so you won't just leave. A personal belonging, perhaps--something that gives me assurance that you'll keep your word. I don't mean to be accusatory, but my dolly is important to me. Do you have anything you could give me that would put my doubts to rest?"
Ear teeth

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 12, 2020, 10:29:34 pm »

"Sure sure. Here is my book. It's a magic book you know." Linea showed her the back cover of her book and activated its magical radar." And here is the pen, touch the tabs on the top left of the book and each of it will change the color. The red dot means there are common people near you, blue means they are mages and magical creatures. Handy isn't it?"

I will lend you this in exchange for your dolly. It's very expensive and important to me, and without it, I might unable to look for more dollies, but you insisted anyway so here you go. But no promises here all right?"

"I have nothing else that might interest you."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 12, 2020, 11:41:28 pm »

"By what that book seems to do, I'd rather it stayed in your hands than hers."

Dixie approaches Linea and the lime-haired girl, and took off her left glove and the Ring of the Mimic that adorned her finger, and offered it to the girl.

"You sold me this ring in exchange for the pixie. I suppose it'll be worth the same vice versa, yes?"
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 13, 2020, 02:16:17 am »

Jack felt a little bad, forcing mama to get up like that-- Painful memories of what the consequences were of such actions flashed through his mind (and across his face). He still smirked a little over how silly she was being, but the seriousness of trying to force a wild animal to do ANYTHING would not abate in his mind.

He walked calmly up to where mama was looking his way, and knelt down.  Thankfully Dula was keeping his distance. He nuzzled her, and apologized--  She was still mad at him all the same.

Jack pointed out that Dula was being polite, and keeping his distance, because Jack had asked him to. He nuzzled her again, and told her that they needed to see the spider lady, like they had agreed to do the night before.  She nipped at him, asserting that the agreement was BEFORE a creature taller than a tree had showed up at their den, and started following them.  Jack chuckled, rubbed her affectionately once more, and asserted that Mama herself was more than twice his own size-- If he followed that kind of advice, the two of them would never have gotten together.

She boggled at him, but did not have a response, other than intense bewilderment, aghast incredulity, and worry. Jack assured her that Dula would keep his distance-- He was trustworthy like that.

She wasnt buying it, but was willing to go to the library and slip inside, if the giant thing kept its distance on the way.  He chuckled at her, and accepted what he could get, and the two set off.

After a short walk the pair arrive at the magic shop and go inside after Jack holds the door for Mama to go in first. The relief of the bear was almost palpable, after getting into cover, even if it was from one of the strange 2-legged thing's dens.  Jack patted her shoulder attentively, as they bipassed the magic shop desk, and entered the library proper, and walked up to the circulation desk.

Flo was clearly re-shelving books, as she was once again not at the desk, but signs of her activities could be seen with the gentle bobbing of silken strands anchored here and there behind the desk.

Politely, Jack rang the bell.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 03:12:59 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 142