Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120088 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1575 on: April 13, 2020, 03:04:14 am »

Dularach was waiting outside the place Jack went too
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:36:40 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: April 13, 2020, 03:55:41 am »

GSH walks in the headquarters asking for sweet Pancakes

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: April 13, 2020, 05:43:38 am »

"By what that book seems to do, I'd rather it stayed in your hands than hers."

Dixie approaches Linea and the lime-haired girl, and took off her left glove and the Ring of the Mimic that adorned her finger, and offered it to the girl.

"You sold me this ring in exchange for the pixie. I suppose it'll be worth the same vice versa, yes?"

"No tradebacks." She states matter-of-factly.

"Sure sure. Here is my book. It's a magic book you know." Linea showed her the back cover of her book and activated its magical radar." And here is the pen, touch the tabs on the top left of the book and each of it will change the color. The red dot means there are common people near you, blue means they are mages and magical creatures. Handy isn't it?"

I will lend you this in exchange for your dolly. It's very expensive and important to me, and without it, I might unable to look for more dollies, but you insisted anyway so here you go. But no promises here all right?"

"I have nothing else that might interest you."

She turns to Linea.

"I was thinking something more... substantive. A dolly of your own, perhaps? I've seen you with those men in uniforms, who arrived recently. They seem to listen to you. Leave one of them with me, and you can borrow my dolly. Don't worry, he'll be safe."

She smiles.

"We'll have a tea party! Then you can have him back when you bring back my dolly. I'll be extra glad if you bring me additional dollies, too."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: April 13, 2020, 05:53:33 am »

Glancing at Linea while she wore back the ring and her gloves, she simply shrugged.

Turning around, she uttered "By the way, we're being called to the hub by the mayor." and walked away.

She noticed the giant spider in front of the magic shop and then walked towards him. "Look who's finally awake." She said, but she doubted he'd have heard her. She tapped on his limbs.
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: April 13, 2020, 06:58:47 am »

She turns to Linea.

"I was thinking something more... substantive. A dolly of your own, perhaps? I've seen you with those men in uniforms, who arrived recently. They seem to listen to you. Leave one of them with me, and you can borrow my dolly. Don't worry, he'll be safe."

She smiles.

"We'll have a tea party! Then you can have him back when you bring back my dolly. I'll be extra glad if you bring me additional dollies, too."

Agreed!" said Linea. "His name is Barnes, he will play with you until we returned. But he is not your slave, remember?"

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: April 13, 2020, 07:33:52 am »

Glancing at Linea while she wore back the ring and her gloves, she simply shrugged.

Turning around, she uttered "By the way, we're being called to the hub by the mayor." and walked away.

Sure. I will catch up with you later.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: April 13, 2020, 08:06:10 am »

Agreed!" said Linea. "His name is Barnes, he will play with you until we returned. But he is not your slave, remember?"

"Excellent! Fetch him and bring him to the village square. I will go get my dolly and meet you there."

The two then leave the market, heading towards the residential area.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: April 13, 2020, 08:29:41 am »

GSH walks in the headquarters asking for sweet Pancakes

Aven greets GSH in the lobby of the Adventuring Company HQ.

"Err, we don't have any... pancakes... here. Perhaps try the inn? Also if I recall, Miss Laemmle made some wonderful pancakes the morning after you all arrived..." He scratches his head, not sure what else to say.
Ear teeth

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: April 13, 2020, 08:50:49 am »

"Miss Linea. If I ever did something unforgivable to you, I am sorry."

Linea, along with now sobered Sven ushered Barnes toward the village square. There was a small argument between the three about Linea's plan that seemed like selling her subordinate for information, but that quickly snuffed out when Linea called out their incompetency. "This is your chance to redeem yourselves." Said Linea with a wicked green.

"There is something off with that girl so I want both of you to take a look at it. Sven, I know Barnes will play a major role in this assignment, but I need you to support him in any way you can. From receiving intel without rising suspicion to ensuring your partner's safety."

"It sounds like you are going to send us into a meat grinder." Sven muttered. "But yeah, if this girl is like what you described, that was indeed an overlook in our part.

"Or maybe she is just an ordinary rich girl with a huge bodyguard," Linea replied. "Either way, I want to know why would a bizarre protege like her even existed in a small village like this. And if she mainly dealing with exotic merchandise like pixies, then there must be a significant enterprise backing her up."

"Great!" Barnes chirped. "Make sure You and Miss Jazdia will mount the rescue mission if I somehow ended up in a slave market, yeah?"

They arrived at the meeting place. With a proper motivation and intimidating stare, Linea managed to turn poor Barnes into an enthusiastic kindergarten teacher with warm smile and...

"Just act natural!" she hissed.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:59:20 am by Slyph »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: April 13, 2020, 09:30:26 am »

As Linea and the agents arrive at the village square the pale-green haired girl and her masked bodyguard are seen waiting with a cage containing the pixie.

The pixie is awake, but seems to be in a state of lethargy, as it stands inside its cage staring into space, unmoving and uninterested in the happenings outside its confinement.

"Salutations again, Linea Starboard." She greets Linea. "You've brought two uniformed gentlemen with you, I see. With whom will I have the pleasure of taking into my company?"
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: April 13, 2020, 10:51:53 pm »

((Narrative post made at player request))

Barnes steps towards the girl, trying not to show his reluctance. "Hello young lady, my name is Barnes. I'll be keeping you company while Linea borrows your dolly. What is your name, might I ask?"

"Oh, hello Barnes! My name is Sally, but the villagers call me Little Sally. Tell me Barnes, how do you feel about tea parties?"

"Sure, sounds like fun."

"Excellent. Let's return to my residence then, my other dollies are waiting to meet you."

"Uh, okay then."

Little Sally turns to Linea. "Keep my dolly safe, okay? And see if you can bring me more of them. We'll see you soon, hopefully."

They then begin departing, taking Barnes with them and leaving the cage with the pixie behind.
Ear teeth

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: April 14, 2020, 04:13:55 am »

((Processing a previous day's action))

While the meal cooked, Jack ripped chunks of the large mushroom off the log, and alternated between feeding it to mama, and taking bites out himself, while idly looking through the book on druidic magic he had borrowed, but not had time to properly read. Mama was sitting on the ground beside him, on the side furthest from the fire, as he leaned against the trunk of the tree, doing his best to read in the dim firelight... The mood was light, and he was curious to see if it would be as amusing as he thought it would be.

Druidic Magic: A Journey into the Highlands

The book is an autobiographical account of an Imperial Mage and his experiences with the highland druids. An accomplished mage in the Academy, he sought to expand his academic prowess with some field experience and decided to venture onto the Highlands, a relatively untouched land which had yet to be fully explored by the kingdom’s surveyors.

The main residents, and practitioners of magic, in the region were Druids. They were popularly caricatured in fantastical tales back home, but there is little known about them which was grounded in fact.

The author travelled further and further north alone. Although met with suspicion at first he was gradually accepted into a prominent Druid Circle as a respected observer. The author places emphasis on the rituals and customs employed by the Druids, and maintained that the respect accorded to him was upheld only because of his own mutual respect and adherence to their Druidic rituals.

The Druids were divided into clans, called Circles. In most Circles every member of the village (and in very few cases, towns) was considered a Druid, down to spouses and children. In some only practicing mages were called Druids. There was little outright aggression and competition between the Circles for the most part, mostly due to the historical necessity for the Circles to band together against the many attempted invasions of their homeland over time. Circles could be best defined as a loosely agreed upon doctrine among a group of Druids. Although Druids agreed upon some core tenets of Druidry, there was significant difference in detail among the great many Circles found in the highlands (by the author’s estimation, there may have been as many as 500 Circles in the Highlands).

The base belief of the Druids was: to uphold the strength of nature, maintaining the purity of the natural order, and in retaining neutrality in matters outside of their borders. These beliefs were at difficult to fully adopt at times, largely due to the invasions mentioned previously, and as such a degree of flexibility had been tempered into Druids over generations. Although they care greatly about custom, they are not obstinate to the point of foolishness, and could be versatile when needed.

The hermit-like, reclusive image of the Druids propagated elsewhere in the kingdom was largely due to the practice of "forest shepherding", as practiced by almost every Circle. Every 10 years or so, a Druid would be chosen by their Circle and relegated to a faraway land, to a forest or woodland and would be appointed as its resident caretaker. Some may reside in that place their entire life, while others may choose to return at a later date, or have a replacement sent to take over their duties. Druids would be left to their own devices as to how best service the forest under their keep. Some Druids would choose to isolate themselves, believing limited access to people better favoured their strengths in protecting the forest. There were others however who would engage with people openly, and even partake in trade of wild honey, forest fruits, furs, and other bounties that their forest might afford them. Some of them would operate closer in manner to religious missionaries, preaching and educating a local populace in the ways of the Druids and the methods they could employ to protect and preserve the forest, and thus getting out of it what they put in. Once again, due to the scarcity of such encounters in written literature and the extreme isolation of the frontiers from which these accounts have been collected, the standard views of Druid ways is greatly muddled, and the author has attempted his best to recreate an accurate picture based on his conversation with the Druids, both those who have only ever dwelled locally and those who have travelled to the outside and later returned.

The lessons in the book are not structured in a straight-forward manner. They are described in detail, according to when the author observed them, and with a great deal of annotations and references to other rituals and magicks mentioned elsewhere in the book making it easier for outsiders to understand. Though the mode of magic practice may seem opaque and esoteric to the outsider, the author insists that Druidic strength comes from a wholly faithful adherence to these rituals. Druidry is likened to a contract with nature itself, and when you uphold your end of the contract in manners prescribed the entirety of its rewards are yours to gain. There is no gaming the system by intending to "trick" nature by using Druid magic overwhelmingly for your gain, for if used for purposes which repeatedly harm nature, or disregard neutrality, it will weaken on its own if not becoming impotent overnight.
:-(

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: April 14, 2020, 05:53:40 am »

As soon as the little Sally departed with agent Barnes, Sven without further ado began to follow them, leaving Linea who now kneeled in front of the cage.

"Well look at that, pathetic, dirty little thing. You want out?"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:17:55 am by Slyph »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: April 14, 2020, 06:23:04 am »

As soon as the little Sally departed with agent Barnes, Sven without further ado began to follow them, leaving Linea who now kneeled in front of the cage.

"Well look at that, pathetic, dirty little thing. You want out?"

The pixie turns its tired eyes towards Linea, but doesn't say anything. It just continues to stand there. Finally it utters in an exhausted voice: "Yes... want out."
Ear teeth

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 14, 2020, 07:05:05 am »

"Of course you do. But before we get into that, you better tell me what did your previous owne- capturer does to you. In detail. After that, we will see if you really deserve a bit of freedom."
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 142