Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120322 times)

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1335 on: March 25, 2020, 04:38:38 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:34:32 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 25, 2020, 04:58:55 am »

"You don't need to hold it,"

Linea kneeled, poking the helmet with her arrow before channeling magic on its arrow tip. A second later, the fire ignited inside it, burning brightly like a well-fed furnace.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 25, 2020, 06:24:46 am »

Before meeting Reeta.

Laemmle proceed on Adventurer Guild, looking for available Side Quests on the board today.
(there is no board, remember? Ask around)

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 25, 2020, 06:35:18 am »

Laemmle proceed to ask around the for Side Quests, politely. Stacking any available.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:38:24 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 25, 2020, 10:16:39 am »

Doctor Doak finds his thoughts wandering back to his apparent affinity for magic.  The spider woman at the library was probably just winding him up; she did say she charged a significant amount of money for her "consulting" services. He knows this isn't the time he does his best work, and needs to wind down a little bit before he can get back to it. He's been reading and writing for hours in a not particularly well-lit room. He rubs his eyes, letting out a short sigh. He wanted to get this done, but he wanted to do the best he could. Nothing less would do.

Going outside for some fresh air would do him good. A short walk should get the blood pumping. He chuckles softly to himself, thinking he could probably practice some of the magic he's read about so far.

Go outside. Find a plant. Do magic to it.

[Roll: 17/20]

Doctor Doak finds a random plant sprouting from the ground nearby and tries doing magic to it.

Having read the first two volumes of Elementary Nature Magic, he has some idea of the magical properties of certain plants, as well as the theory behind how to influence plant growth.

Being a complete beginner, he's still not exactly sure what to do, as he tries focusing his mind on the plant and putting his hands over it in a "magicky" way as described in the books.

...Nothing at first.

He then focuses more intensely, and soon feels a strange tingly force gather in his hands. He slowly channels the energy out onto the plant below.

The plant seems to respond mildly to the energy, its leaves bobbing slightly in the direction of the energy.

Doctor Doak continues his efforts, channeling more energy into the plant, as the plant then continues its little movements. After some time applying more effort, the plant seems to have grown a couple of inches.

Doctor Doak's Nature Magic skill level has increased from 0 to 1!
Doctor Doak learns the spell Minor Plant Growth: Cause a plant to grow slightly.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 25, 2020, 01:18:50 pm »

What the f-” he stands up suddenly.

The woman must have done something, there’s no way he could do magic. Unless the physical property of the world itself changes everything in it, but that doesn’t make sense and he couldn’t test it, having no way to leave yet.

He storms back to the library, testing theory number one.

What did you do to me? I did magic! I can’t be doing magic, I’m not from here!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 25, 2020, 08:13:27 pm »

After having a brief walk, Edwarg managed to reach the 'shrine' bartender mentioned. Although, judging by the architecture, he wasn't so sure what kind of divine or religion they worship here, he entered anyway. 

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 25, 2020, 09:31:31 pm »

Pardon me sir-- muttered Jack, addressing the inn keeper, as he slipped in through the door.

Mama watched from the door, looking curiously at the inn keeper, who looked more disturbed by the attention by the second.

What t'e hell--- Did ya lot try an' bathe 'at idjiot INDOORS-- IN T'He DININ' HALL!? What, were ya all born in a barn or some'at!? ---- AN' YA FROZE IT TA T'E [expletive deleted] FLOOR!? WHAT T'E HELL!? -- An' they says **I'M** dirty!! crooned the old bastard's voice from through the door.

Jack returned moments later, and tapped the inn keeper on his shoulder from behind through the doorway.

I'ma gonna clean 'at dere mess up-- Kids ese days-- leavin' their [expletive deleted] jus' lyin' 'round on da floor where people eats! Ain't no good no more I tells ya.... Gonna need a mop, a broom, an' some buckets-- Can ya fix a man up?
"Oh! Thanks, much appreciated. Where do we start? It's... frozen."

He quickly returned with two pairs of cleaning tools.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 25, 2020, 09:37:53 pm »

After having a brief walk, Edwarg managed to reach the 'shrine' bartender mentioned. Although, judging by the architecture, he wasn't so sure what kind of divine or religion they worship here, he entered anyway.
The shrine was a thoroughly simple building that it's easy to mistaken for a slightly larger house at a glance. On the inside, it's a single large room with a subtle partition near the end. Most of it are taken by rows of wooden seats, a simple altar stood near the end. There's a bunch of different symbols and whatnot on it, seems that the villagers were quite diverse in their belief.

On the first few glances it looked empty, but then Edwarg spotted the silhouette of an older man at the front row of the seating. Unassuming to the point of blending to his surroundings.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 25, 2020, 10:33:50 pm »

"Ahem. Greetings, I hope I am not disturbing your prayer." Edwarg greeted, stopping next to the back row of the seating, waiting for the priest to approach.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 25, 2020, 10:39:30 pm »

Pardon me sir-- muttered Jack, addressing the inn keeper, as he slipped in through the door.

Mama watched from the door, looking curiously at the inn keeper, who looked more disturbed by the attention by the second.

What t'e hell--- Did ya lot try an' bathe 'at idjiot INDOORS-- IN T'He DININ' HALL!? What, were ya all born in a barn or some'at!? ---- AN' YA FROZE IT TA T'E [expletive deleted] FLOOR!? WHAT T'E HELL!? -- An' they says **I'M** dirty!! crooned the old bastard's voice from through the door.

Jack returned moments later, and tapped the inn keeper on his shoulder from behind through the doorway.

I'ma gonna clean 'at dere mess up-- Kids ese days-- leavin' their [expletive deleted] jus' lyin' 'round on da floor where people eats! Ain't no good no more I tells ya.... Gonna need a mop, a broom, an' some buckets-- Can ya fix a man up?
"Oh! Thanks, much appreciated. Where do we start? It's... frozen."

He quickly returned with two pairs of cleaning tools.

A'right-- We's gonna needs some hot wa'er,  a big pail 'o dry wood ashes,  some crushed up charcoal, lyewater, ifn' ye gots it, an some soap.  ... responded Jack, leading the inn keeper back indoors.

Over the course of the next hour or so, the old hobo made several trips outside with dustpans loaded with moistened wood ashes, which he dumped-- for lack of a better place to dump them-- into the pitfall trap that the Iron-clad idiot had dug in the back lot of the inn, returning each time back inside for more vigorous scrubbing, graduating to moistened black charcoal, then finally buckets of wash water.

Aright--- Was good workin' wit' ya-- Dunno why em kids went an made a mess like 'at, and didna' clean i' up-- Rot a hole inna floor ifn's ya don'...  Gonna need ta treat i' again tomorra, an' the nex'-- fer naow, jus put some dry charcoal un'er an ol' rug, an put o'er de spot. It'll keep de stank down an' help suck it up, tills we gets it all outta the wood o'er the nex' few days. I got's work ta do naow though--- See ye later feller!

Jack shook the inn keeper's hand, made a polite nod, then collected a now very bored and somewhat put out bear (who had been napping impatiently by the front door the whole time), and returned to continue working on his project.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 25, 2020, 10:42:15 pm »

Dixie crouches near the helmet that's seemingly converted into a furnace.

"That's so cool..." she commented. She then glanced at Linea. "I can't tell how it smells right now. How're you feeling?"
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 26, 2020, 12:08:17 am »

"Ahem. Greetings, I hope I am not disturbing your prayer." Edwarg greeted, stopping next to the back row of the seating, waiting for the priest to approach.
"I'm not the priest, so no worries."

The man lightly shut the book he's reading, rising up and dusted his lap. He looks genial, at a glance.

"How may I help you?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 26, 2020, 06:36:28 am »

Reeta, realizing they aren’t coming today, heads for the shrine where she finds her group. She quietly stands behind everyone, watching the, because she thinks she would interrupt if she started talking

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 26, 2020, 06:48:39 am »

"I'm not the priest, so no worries."

The man lightly shut the book he's reading, rising up and dusted his lap. He looks genial, at a glance.

"How may I help you?"

"First, may I put him here?" said Edwarg, beckoning on nearby long bench, (or any elevated, flat surface for that matter)

"You might have noticed the smell, so I hope you don't mind me bringing him here. This gentleman had some mild fever and lethargy, and a severe issue with body hygiene." he cleared his throat before continuing rather reluctantly.

"Look, I am a medic man myself but I think healing magic would be much more of a help here rather than the conventional method. Purify him or whatever so he can sober up."
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 142