Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120327 times)

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1305 on: March 24, 2020, 03:15:45 am »

Reeta then goes to the inn and gets inside. Upon getting inside, she notices GS on a table without his helmet and unconscious, as well as a smell that reminded her of something decaying. She also saw Snewden and the innkeeper pick up GS. what happened here?

"Oh, this gentleman just refused to wake up. That's all. We are bringing him to the place where he can sober up."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 24, 2020, 03:19:41 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:25:11 pm by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 24, 2020, 05:27:06 am »

A dim greenlight suddenly envelopes the unconscious slayer and two green humanoid silhouette mysteriously appears, a few seconds later the green light vanished together with the silhouette and then the slayer awaken.

The slayer rose slowly, still weak from what he have done earlier, his lips were dry, and hair wet, he shifted his gaze upon the orc who brought him there and stood up. "My sword..." The slayer said weakly.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 24, 2020, 07:10:51 am »

why do you need your sword right now, we all are allies here, right? You need not have attacked Snewden, as he is an ally too.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 24, 2020, 07:15:38 am »

why do you need your sword right now, we all are allies here, right? You need not have attacked Snewden, as he is an ally too.
The slayer looked at Reeta wearily, "I felt the powers of the twin gods..." He said.
"Are you a greenskin as well?" The slayer added. The slayer tumbled, and held the poor plant lady for dear life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 24, 2020, 07:30:56 am »

I’m not a Greenskin, I’m just say8ng that just because Snewden happens to be an orc doesn’t mean he is evil
Reeta holds Greenskin Slayer up so that he is standing, and continues holding him until he lets go you see, to have trouble standing. I can help you stand for as long as needed. Also, were those glowing green creatures the twin gods you talked about?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 24, 2020, 07:34:42 am »

Oh uh... I'm Jack!  One-eyed Jack!  Sure-- I'll give it ago! Let me jus' tell mama the news firs'.

(you)Have a little(not a whole lot, but some.)
Maybe?(you can learn some small things?)
I try now.

Mama radiated confusion and bewilderment at the notion-- but a fair amount of amused interest. She nudged Jack to try.

Okay then! said jack, as he put his own hand on the circle, and gave Flo a nod. Let's see what we got 'ere mis Flo.

Flo recites the incantation once again, this time the runes on the page give birth to tiny specks of light. These floating orbs glow a calm, verdant green and proceed to spin erratically around the room bumping into shelves and walls. Flo makes a gesture with her hands and the orbs return to the page, ending the demonstration.

"Well, the results seem to talk for themselves. You seem to have an affinity with nature, right? Of course you can always focus your energies on any branch of magic that interests you, as anyone can, but might I recommend nature magic? There's different kinds, summoning tree spirits, shamanistic arts, druidic transmogrification, those sort of things, but you should start with the basics at least."

Flo retrieves another complete set of Elementary Nature Magic.

"You can peruse these as you like, and I can help out with any questions you have. Also-"

Flo halts, coughs and clears her throat.

"That'll be 200g."

"Well crap, I not going back to where I got this thing as that place was a death trap, and its not like I could get back inside sense the iron idiot killed the doorman, anyway thanks for the info I guess I'm gonna ask the librarian if she has a copy of the book I could copy the missing pages from."
With that Burt goes to the library which also turns out to be a magic store, with hopes to talk to the librarian.

((Note: The Folio are few loose papers, each folio is comprised of a few pages and are scattered around the world, not just in Wizard Tower as per last conversation.))

Flo turns around and greets the new customer.

"Hello sir, I'm Flo, are you here for a magical assessment too?"
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 24, 2020, 08:04:08 am »

Jack raises an eyebrow at the obscene cost for a simple assessment, then remembers what her so called brother next door had to say.  His cheeks colored a bit, worried that Mama might pick up some on the conversation, or worse, some other signs might give it away should it actually work... For a moment, he contemplates which fate would be worse-- mama getting jealous with him for flirting, or being sent to debtors prison for a debt he cant pay.

After what seemed like an agonizing pause, he decides that mama was the better option.

What's a purdy thing like ye doin' chargin' prices like that? he asked wryly. Surely, ye could own t'is town, jus' wit' all the fine craftsmanship I see's 'ere--

He smiled and gave her a wink.

--Is only matched by the purdy face as makes it--

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 24, 2020, 08:14:18 am »

I’m not a Greenskin, I’m just say8ng that just because Snewden happens to be an orc doesn’t mean he is evil
Reeta holds Greenskin Slayer up so that he is standing, and continues holding him until he lets go you see, to have trouble standing. I can help you stand for as long as needed. Also, were those glowing green creatures the twin gods you talked about?
Green light eminates again from the slayer's body, this time it seems to have reinvigorated the slayer a bit. He rose slowly, but faster than before, this time, but this he no longer's need support. His eyes are no longer sunken, and his lips no longer dry. It is like something magically healed him all of the sudden.

"Twin gods?" He asked. "You know about the legend?" He added.

The slayer's eyes searched for Edwarg, who is apparently surprised in his instant recovery. The slayer smiled at him, with both loneliness and joy in his eyes, and with that, the tension around him vanished.

"Can you fetch me my sword? I really need a haircut right now." He said, looking at the greenskin medic.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:13 am »

Jack raises an eyebrow at the obscene cost for a simple assessment, then remembers what her so called brother next door had to say.  His cheeks colored a bit, worried that Mama might pick up some on the conversation, or worse, some other signs might give it away should it actually work... For a moment, he contemplates which fate would be worse-- mama getting jealous with him for flirting, or being sent to debtors prison for a debt he cant pay.

After what seemed like an agonizing pause, he decides that mama was the better option.

What's a purdy thing like ye doin' chargin' prices like that? he asked wryly. Surely, ye could own t'is town, jus' wit' all the fine craftsmanship I see's 'ere--

He smiled and gave her a wink.

--Is only matched by the purdy face as makes it--

Flo stands there there stunned, not sure what to make of Jack's overtures. She relaxes and then sighs.

"Did my brother put you up to do this? You better not take any of his advice too seriously. Or get involved in his hare-brain schemes, unless you are aiming to lose your limbs and remaining eye."

Flo rubs her forehead with her fingers.

"I suppose you don't actually have that much gold on you. No reasonable person would shell out that much for a mere magic assessment anyway."

Flo looks close to breaking down, but somehow calms herself down and regains her composure.

"Well, the library and book issuance will always remain free-of-charge. If you have any further required services, I could bump the price down to something more manageable."
:-(

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 24, 2020, 09:16:42 am »

Snewden, who began to feel fed up with this armored gentleman's antics said nothing and just helped the man walk on his own. He is a patient man, even more so than his own patient, but he aint a baby sitter and...

Linea was right. He was wasting time here.

All he wanted was to talk, clarifying things, and bit of helping him perhaps, but not like this. Wiping up puke and filth from a healthy, albeit a bit wasted man.

"Let's bring him to the shrine." he said, less enthusiastic, laced with a bit dejection, but somehow still sounded courteous. "Miss, Dixie, would you kindly helm me bring this man's sword?"

Then he shifted to the Dryad lady. "Please keep talking with him, miss."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 24, 2020, 09:21:00 am »

Green light eminates again from the slayer's body, this time it seems to have reinvigorated the slayer a bit. He rose slowly, but faster than before, this time, but this he no longer's need support. His eyes are no longer sunken, and his lips no longer dry. It is like something magically healed him all of the sudden.

"Twin gods?" He asked. "You know about the legend?" He added.

The slayer's eyes searched for Edwarg, who is apparently surprised in his instant recovery. The slayer smiled at him, with both loneliness and joy in his eyes, and with that, the tension around him vanished.

"Can you fetch me my sword? I really need a haircut right now." He said, looking at the greenskin medic.
”I haven’t heard of the twins, I saw a green light and you were healed, can you tell me what you know of the twins?”

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 24, 2020, 09:30:10 am »

The reaction made Jack feel bad. He did not like the way this poor girl had responded.

Listen-- uh... Yeah, he dropped a few hints..  But hear an ol' man out 'ere... he said, leaning gently on the counter, and giving Mama a head rub. Silk ain't cheap. Uh Knows it ain't free ta just give the stuff away-- Uh, I means-- It's expensive in o'ter ways; Spiders'es eats all 'er webs af'er they get too ragged ta use no more- Hard on em ta lose the silk-- But ye gots a village making food an' such 'ere.  Dont rightly need the silk.  So, just sell it-- Spin it up inta fine thread, put it on bobbins an' such-- Dye it purdy colors.  When de peddlers show up, sell em some spools.  If dere's a weaver in town, sell em a few too-- Ain't no finer thread an' silk, an' spider silk's strong'r 'an that o'ter stuff. Hell--- If ye just in a bind, sell it as rope! Cain't get better cordage. Lots a adventurers aroun' right now-- If ye caint make rope, jus' ask--- It's makin the cordage as takes forever, not the twistin.

Jack knelt down to the floor, and burried half his face in mama's neck, nuzzled on her and did his best to make the purring sound at her, then stood back up again and faced the woman behind the desk once more.

.... An' don' let nobody tell ye, ye ain't purdy. No man as caint see it, ain't worth ya time. Ne'er forget it.

Jack fumbled in his bag, and pulled out 15 gold pieces, and sat it on the counter.

It ain't much, but is' what I keen afford.  Let muh know ifn' ye need anythin. Mama an Me's gonna set up as best we can, far side a town-- passed de inn.  Ain't gonna be no fancy house, but it'll do.  Stop in an' say ello some time. I'll twist some fine rope fer ye.

And with that, the old man and the bear waddle out the door, books in tow.

---

He cursed himself a little for his shameless charity, but it wasn't like books --and the materials to keep them whole-- were cheap.  He could totally understand why she needed to try and get money whenever and wherever she could-- but he needed his money too, and for the same reasons. Everyone's got to eat.

He stopped by the apothecary, which seemed to serve as the general goods store as well, and picked up the rest of his purchase from the day before, then headed back toward the spot he had selected to make his temporary lodging on.  As he passed the inn along the way, mama grabbed him by the seat of his trousers, and agitatedly nudged on him to get his attention.  Apparently, a scent not unlike advanced decay-- human decay-- was coming from there.  Jack did not like the implications, worried that maybe one of the plant-creatures had come to town while he was out shopping and was causing chaos for the inn keeper.  Man was actually allright, once you got past his endless reserves of worry and fixation with keeping his establishment in top shape.

Cautiously, he headed for the front door and gave it a knock.  He hoped it wasn't what he thought it was, though what else could produce a reek of advanced human decay he could not fathom-- Not from an Inn anyhow.  He hoped the knock would get answered.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:54:39 am by wierd »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 24, 2020, 10:45:45 am »

Morning come in,

Laemmle wake up from her bed just her own skin covered by a blanket.

She take a dip bath tub for a while and then use some tool to clean her teeth. Wear some clothes then her fullset of armor. Brushes her hair and make some braid on it.

Her pigeon has arrive as it knock her window. She open it to let him into the her room.

Preparing the report.

A strange substance was put on small container from the animal autopsy that attack the town. She done it before it was carried away.

A summary of dissected creature bigger than it actual size which she secretly investiage it corpse.

A complicated inscription from the magical patterns from the goblin tower. Memorizing it all, while the party was busy playing chess and from the stroll into Linea on the window.

Compiling it all and put it into her courier then start to deliver a message. The pigeon flew and fade away with a stealth spell written by archmahe from Saint Haven's Arcane division. Beside that, a divine defensive barrier is also intact just incase it's getting attacked.

Information is very valuable to them so they desperately don't want to waste.

Later, Laemmle enter the inn to have breakfast after Reeta's arrival.

"Oh, this place is more lively than before." She spoke.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 24, 2020, 11:03:47 am »

"Not quite sure what a  magical assessment is but its not why I'm here, I'm here because of this fruit book I found in the tower, apparently its missing some pages and its slightly magical and I was told you might be able to tell me something about it."
Burt then shows the librarian the fruit book.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 142