Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119612 times)

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #975 on: March 10, 2020, 11:48:49 am »

Laemmle go to consult Jack and show all the stuff she picked up from ground and trees.

She probably want him to confirm those are indeed edible.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 10, 2020, 12:01:10 pm »

Jack's attempted study of the first book of the set on nature magic was interrupted by the bubbly paladin girl.  For some reason, the girl had taken time to go mushroom hunting, and had achieved some measure of success...

She was wanting him to examine her haul, and it was a good thing too.  Silly girl had picked several nasty ones by mistake.  Using the edge of his long sleeved fur shirt, so as not to actually TOUCH the mushrooms in question, he fishes them out of the mix, and tosses them into the fire as he goes through.

Nope.

Nope.

Yup.

Nope.

Yup.

Yup.

Nope.

Yup.

And on it went, as he sorted and tossed.  When he was done, a fair number had been tossed into the fire.

Wash those before ye eat 'em he gruffed. They's touched some right nasty ones.  Also, wash yer damn hands. I mean it.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 10, 2020, 12:39:29 pm »

Laemmle nods on Jack and proceed on cleaning.

Pulling out her water canteen. Pouring down the cleaniest form of water that washes edible stuffs and turn well done. She also wash her gloves to avoid getting stick with mycotoxins from the mushroom.

As she finish cleaning, she separate the mushrooms for making stew once she arrive back to town and various of edible fruits for the Linea, wrapping it with clean cloth sheet separately.

Thanking Jack from it. She treat the two some fruits and mushrooms and head to the Dixie and Linea's location.

The water she have probably come from her origin where there is a strange well produces purest form of water which is reasonably protected by holy members.

Laemmle waving on Dixie and Linea and approach the two.

"You seems hungry Linea, I have some fruits for you." she said to her as she handed her a various edible fruits.

"I consulted Mister Jack to make sure those are safe to eat.

And for the mushroom. I will make a stew by it once we arrive back to town." she continued.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 10, 2020, 12:49:04 pm »

Dixie smiled. "Sorry. You looked so adorable."

She thumbed the sapphire on her hand, her nail making a slight sharp whistle. "I figured you could use this more than me."
She was being sincere, there is no doubt about it. But somehow Linea would prefer the girl saying those words with sneer and mischievousness instead of sincerity and adoration.

Or had sincerity becoming a new type of mischievousness? 

She thumbed the sapphire on her hand, her nail making a slight sharp whistle. "I figured you could use this more than me."

"What? Now you went ahead and proposing all of sudden?" Linea mentally commented, and for both party's sanity, she glad the words didn't make its way past her lips

She shook her head hard like someone resisting a possession attempt. "No! I am just overimagining things!" she exclaimed, and then without anyone asking, continued. "My sleep felt like a damn time warp. Sorry."

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 10, 2020, 01:37:40 pm »

"You seems hungry Linea, I have some fruits for you." she said to her as she handed her a various edible fruits.

She nearly mistook the gem with blueberries Leamle brought, and god forbid, she was just about to pick one of the fruits and keep it in her pocket.

It took a full minute for Linea to sort her thought out of this overwhelming situation.

She received the gem carefully after making sure the girl is Dixie and not Lea, and it was the precious stone instead of a sugary berry.

"Why thank you," she said, still in a slightly awkward tone. She was about to inquire why didn't Dixie just keep the gem instead of giving it to a stranger like her but it was halted abruptly when Lea came and brought them a basket full of berries.

Linea, who still had her mind occupied with the gems just gifted to her, finally picked a proper round-shaped berry and chew it immediately. One to fulfill the individual obligation of common courtesy, and at the same time confirming that she just ate a fruit, not the gems and has avoided confusion.

Smiling no less awkward than before, Linea thanked Lea while at the same time wondering why were they doing this?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 10, 2020, 02:51:09 pm »

"One of yours, you say?" The barkeep scratches his head momentarily. "Let's see... ah yes, the elven lass? Long, silvery hair, seemed a bit on the melancholy side? Ye she was here alright, helped out with the animal attacks, and inquired 'bout some missin' folks that stayed here some weeks ago. Do believe she went with the others on their venturin' into the woods. Nice girl, real professional seemin'. Yous'all from the same organization or some sort?"

The orc chuckled before raising his mug and drank his beer. "Yeah that's her."

"We are from a Security Agency in Helvetia." he continued, no sign of hesitation in his voice when mentioned the organization and its address.

"Security agency, eh? Sounds serious. Kneeway, this 'bout them missin' folks, I assume? What they were doin' round these parts, I gotta wonder. Helpin' out with the crazy animal situation perhaps. It's gettin' real outta hand lately, so we're thankful for any kinda outside traffic we get, especially from professional, well-equipped folks like yous'all."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 10, 2020, 10:06:27 pm »

She nearly mistook the gem with blueberries Leamle brought, and god forbid, she was just about to pick one of the fruits and keep it in her pocket.

It took a full minute for Linea to sort her thought out of this overwhelming situation.

She received the gem carefully after making sure the girl is Dixie and not Lea, and it was the precious stone instead of a sugary berry.

"Why thank you," she said, still in a slightly awkward tone. She was about to inquire why didn't Dixie just keep the gem instead of giving it to a stranger like her but it was halted abruptly when Lea came and brought them a basket full of berries.

Linea, who still had her mind occupied with the gems just gifted to her, finally picked a proper round-shaped berry and chew it immediately. One to fulfill the individual obligation of common courtesy, and at the same time confirming that she just ate a fruit, not the gems and has avoided confusion.

Smiling no less awkward than before, Linea thanked Lea while at the same time wondering why were they doing this?

"If you think it's uncomfortable. It is my natural habit, I used to take care my team when I was still a regular soldier. So as this case, a special someone in my party, I will offer a special generosity too." She spoke to the wondering Linea and smile.

"Well if guys you don't mind I'm going to head back first to others and call for rallying the party in one place, so that we can start moving on back to town." She continued and leave with a cheerful aura.

Later, Laemmle call the party to gather up and leave the camping place to get back to the town.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 11, 2020, 04:31:54 am »

Boy, she just doesn't give up, does she? he wondered to himself, hearing the paladin-girl continue to raise cain about how they should break camp.  She was right, the sooner they broke camp and got going, the more time for setup they would have at the next stop on the way, but still-- damned annoying; He was very much intrigued with this book. Something in the back of his mind kept shrieking at him to keep reading it, and he was apt to oblige. He could have done so much with this kind of thing over the years, and it was better late than never, now that he had such an expensive book in his grizzled old hands.

He turned his attention to Doak.

How much ye want fer the book?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 11, 2020, 05:41:21 am »

Later, Laemmle call the party to gather up and leave the camping place to get back to the town.

The party breaks camp and prepares to head back to the village. They make surprising speed, sticking to the path they came from and and managing to avoid hostile encounters. The forest seems peaceful, perhaps they had already dealt with the worst on their way to the tower.

A few hours later, near noon, and they are within stone's throw of the village (if the stone was thrown by Dularach). Another hour, or two at most, would put them back in center of the village square. The sun seems to recede though, and a mist slowly creeps out from the corners. An uncomfortable chill hangs in the air and visibility is reduced to a few yards. The party can make out a silhouette, perhaps of a large or bloated man, in the mist ahead blocking their path to the village.
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 11, 2020, 06:38:44 am »

Boy, she just doesn't give up, does she? he wondered to himself, hearing the paladin-girl continue to raise cain about how they should break camp.  She was right, the sooner they broke camp and got going, the more time for setup they would have at the next stop on the way, but still-- damned annoying; He was very much intrigued with this book. Something in the back of his mind kept shrieking at him to keep reading it, and he was apt to oblige. He could have done so much with this kind of thing over the years, and it was better late than never, now that he had such an expensive book in his grizzled old hands.

He turned his attention to Doak.

How much ye want fer the book?

You can have it once I’m done with it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 11, 2020, 08:42:22 am »

In the not-too-distant space ahead, a coarsely-humanoid silhouette appears to be blocking the road in the heavy mist. 

Instinctively, the old bastard paused, and checked for signs of disturbance, but came back with nothing.  Apparently, this fellow was not upsetting the "locals" any. Mama nudged at him, wanting to know what was up.  He told her that he could barely make out another "2-legged thing", (which was the best he could descriptively apply the broad category of "person" to her, given the radical differences that category could contain), and wanted to know if she could tell him anything.

She snuffed at the air, and told him that it did not smell like him or the others in their group-- Implying it was neither human nor elf.

Jack frowned. 

Well, if He's not causing a ruckuss with the locals, maybe he's not that bad.. he confided to himself.

HEY THERE FELLA! What's 'he news!? He called into the misty gloom. 

Look on the bright side-- Either he'll answer, or he'll go batshit and try to kill us. Either way, we will find out why he's here. he thought wryly to himself.  He liked to give people the benefit of the doubt, but years of hard living had taught him to always be distrustful too.  He loosened the strap on the frosty stick, just in case.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 11, 2020, 09:31:43 am »

HEY THERE FELLA! What's 'he news!? He called into the misty gloom. 

Look on the bright side-- Either he'll answer, or he'll go batshit and try to kill us. Either way, we will find out why he's here. he thought wryly to himself.  He liked to give people the benefit of the doubt, but years of hard living had taught him to always be distrustful too.  He loosened the strap on the frosty stick, just in case.

The thing steps out of the mist, inching closer to the party. It towers over most of the party, at 8 feet or taller. As it gets close more details can be made out: it's wearing a mask of some kind, and it's body is draped in voluminous clothes obscuring its appearance. It comes to a halt before the party, looking at (or appearing to look at, it's difficult to tell because its eyes can't be seen under the shadows cast by the mask) One Eye'd Jack, who addressed it first. The thing briefly stares in his direction for a moment, then sits down cross-legged with its back against a nearby tree. It hasn't responded so far, other than staring at the party when addressed.
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 11, 2020, 09:39:18 am »

The mask was a bit off-putting, but being big as a barn wasn't a crime, and sitting down (as body language) usually translated to "Not interested in fighting", at least among the company Jack liked to keep.

Fine weather, i'n't it? The plants'll love it. Too bad it's colder than a well digger's ass, eh?

He continued, unfettered, while crossing to the other side of the path, toward a different tree, facing the one the being was sitting under. He intended to reciprocate the gesture.

He hoped to get some kind of response from the fellow.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:43:01 am by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 11, 2020, 09:44:02 am »

Dixie whispered to Lucy, whose hand she held as usual. "Is that a village person? If not, can we just kill it instead?"
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 11, 2020, 10:02:10 am »

Dixie whispered to Lucy, whose hand she held as usual. "Is that a village person? If not, can we just kill it instead?"
As much as people used to label her as a pyromaniac and having a hair-trigger temper, Linea was actually a very considerate person. "Do not fire unless being fired upon" is probably the most textbook ROE she adhered to the core. So when Dixie suggested attacking the stranger unprovoked, she quickly stepped forward.

"Let's not before we know what we are dealing with," she said before shouting at the masked entity. "We are friendlies! Please identify yourself!"
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 142