Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119597 times)

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #960 on: March 09, 2020, 05:58:27 am »

Meanwhile at the village, the innkeeper was cleaning ale off the mug when a group of strangers walked in.

The Mystville Inn and Tavern didn’t usually get much by way of tourists, so the innkeeper guessed that those strangers were here either for adventurer guild or just a group of passerby. He didn’t much care who came into his tavern, as long as they had coin and a thirst.

Sitting down at a table, the leader of these strangers seemed to be either waiting for something or looking for something. He was a muscular man, sporting black uniform with many pouches and plates patched on his heavy-looking vest. He wore a helmet that covered his entire face, made from black metal that never seen before. A silver Rose of the Wind symbol patched in his shoulder and he brought a long weapon that resemble a very strange boomstick.

After a moment, the stranger walked up to the wooden bar. His steps was heavy as if he could trample the wooden floor simply by walking.

"Greetings good sir," said the stranger, voice was heavy as his intimidating figure suggested but somehow sounded rather cultured and educated.

The man took of his helmet, revealing his face. He was an orc, young by their standard. His wavy red hair was kept short, his eyes were sharp and  unnaturally green. A pair of tusk jutted from his lower lips, supported by muscled, angular jaw that surprisingly, seamed to wear a perpetual, humble mirth.

"I believe this is the place where I and my men could have some table service?"

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 09, 2020, 11:42:48 am »

As the time passed and sun rises.

Laemmle woke up from her bed roll, managely not to fall asleep again and do some stretches following with yawn.

Combing her hair and make it on her casual hairstyle. Putting on her armor and doing a preparation.

After it,

She calls everyone to rally in one area so that the party can start to leave the place and go back to the town.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:44:23 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 09, 2020, 12:42:45 pm »

Meanwhile at the village, the innkeeper was cleaning ale off the mug when a group of strangers walked in.

The Mystville Inn and Tavern didn’t usually get much by way of tourists, so the innkeeper guessed that those strangers were here either for adventurer guild or just a group of passerby. He didn’t much care who came into his tavern, as long as they had coin and a thirst.

Sitting down at a table, the leader of these strangers seemed to be either waiting for something or looking for something. He was a muscular man, sporting black uniform with many pouches and plates patched on his heavy-looking vest. He wore a helmet that covered his entire face, made from black metal that never seen before. A silver Rose of the Wind symbol patched in his shoulder and he brought a long weapon that resemble a very strange boomstick.

After a moment, the stranger walked up to the wooden bar. His steps was heavy as if he could trample the wooden floor simply by walking.

"Greetings good sir," said the stranger, voice was heavy as his intimidating figure suggested but somehow sounded rather cultured and educated.

The man took of his helmet, revealing his face. He was an orc, young by their standard. His wavy red hair was kept short, his eyes were sharp and  unnaturally green. A pair of tusk jutted from his lower lips, supported by muscled, angular jaw that surprisingly, seamed to wear a perpetual, humble mirth.

"I believe this is the place where I and my men could have some table service?"

"'Lo there mate! Sure thing, feel free to seat yourselves anywhere you'd like! How's about some ale to get you folks started?" There was a bit of unease in the bartender's otherwise jolly tone, but he did his best not to show it. This orcish gentleman was a little intimidating, with his large muscular stature and specialized equipment, but at the same time had an oddly warm and disarming feel to him as well.

The bartender adjusts his glasses and begins preparing some mugs. "So I take it ya'll are adventurers, come to help with the crazy animal problem? We had a group venture into the forest some days ago, hope they're doin' alright out there..."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 09, 2020, 01:58:03 pm »

Doctor Doak will peruse the nature magic books from the tower.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 09, 2020, 09:00:14 pm »

"'Lo there mate! Sure thing, feel free to seat yourselves anywhere you'd like! How's about some ale to get you folks started?" There was a bit of unease in the bartender's otherwise jolly tone, but he did his best not to show it. This orcish gentleman was a little intimidating, with his large muscular stature and specialized equipment, but at the same time had an oddly warm and disarming feel to him as well.

The bartender adjusts his glasses and begins preparing some mugs. "So I take it ya'll are adventurers, come to help with the crazy animal problem? We had a group venture into the forest some days ago, hope they're doin' alright out there..."

"Sold. It's three ales for me and my folks."

Still with a smile in his face, the orcish soldier plunked some coins on the table, disturbing some of the nut shells, berry seeds, and other detritus that had gathered on its gaps.

"So I take it ya'll are adventurers, come to help with the crazy animal problem? We had a group venture into the forest some days ago, hope they're doin' alright out there..."

The gentleman's humble smile now turned to be rather enigmatic. "Maybe... maybe." he motioned one of his men to take their drink before returned to the innkeper.

"I believe you have seen one from my order arrived here and assisted your folks with this beast problem?"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 09, 2020, 11:34:37 pm »

Just before the sun rose, as the reddish-warm glow of the sun crept into the sky and lit the clouds, Jack got roused by another wet, slobbery "kiss" from mama. It was time to get up and start having that "early breakfast", before those other 2-legged crazies could insist on more pointless walking-- or at least, so she smothered him with, along with the kisses.

He stretched, then wandered off a bit and relieved himself in the cold morning air. Mama chided him about marking so much territory already, asking what it was about this place he found so desirable that he had to claim it. Jack's head spun for a moment, before realizing exactly what she was going on about, before he started laughing. He really did not find this food-scarce, and manicured lawn that attractive a place to stay. The only good thing here was mama herself, and he told her so. She teased him a little more about it, but he just chuckled at her.

The dew was heavy all over. If it hadn't been for mama sleeping on top of him, he would probably have gotten pretty cold in the night. He wondered about how the others had slept, but they had a fire nearby to help keep warm with. He still felt like he had the better deal though. 

For the next two hours or so, they wandered here and there among the trees, but never too far from the camp (lest they get left behind, or some other fool thing), nibbling on things. Jack helped get the tall things down, and mama dug up the hidden, and buried things, and they made it as pleasant a morning together as they could, --at least without indulging mamas more persistent appetites anyhow. He capitalized on the opportunity to collect any useful plants at the same time, and put them into his bag.

The sun was starting to warm up when he started hearing signs of activity from the camp.  He nuzzled, rubbed, and hugged her, then chewed on mama's ears gently, doing his best to imitate happy bear sounds. Mama felt he was hilarious for trying that, but accepted the attention in a glow of warm emotions.  He let her know that he needed to check on them, now that they were getting up, but to please continue to try and get that snacking in; He wasn't sure when they would stop again. She turned to a swirl of bittersweetness-- Irritation at the prospect of another day of absurd walking, but pleasure at his genuine concern and understanding about it. She told him to hurry back, (with more undertones that she wouldn't tolerate his wandering off, after "he agreed", hinting very heavily at the exchange they had shared in that darkened room the day before.)-- She would stay there, and keep eating until he did.  He rubbed her big hairy head, and kissed the top of it gently, eliciting large eyes from her from the act. She shared that she didn't think she would ever get used to that, and he just chuckled, and chided her that had needed to get used to being slathered in licks, so it was only fair. She nipped at him, and told him that she knew he liked it, and so it wasnt the same.  He laughed under his breath, then licked her nose, before asking if that was better. She practically enveloped his face with her maw, and bit gently with a slight shake-- It was the closest thing to a playful "Mock punch" she had.  He just laughed the whole while.

He stood up again, and leaned on his walking stick while he shouldered the now very unweildy bag with its bulky contents, and wrapped the frosty staff with the shoulder straps at the top and bottom, to hold it beneath it, then headed back to the encampment.

Dr Doak was up, and looking through the books he had collected. Recognition blasted through the old hermit's memory-- He had been so damn busy last night getting things ready for bed, that he had completely forgotten about going over that shit with the old man.  He hailed the fellow cordially (or at least as cordially as he could manage this early), then sat down next to him, then rummaged out his own haul to exchange notes.

Sorry I didn' get back wit' ye las' night... he apologized. Weren't enough time, what with--

The old doctor reassured him that it was fine, and that he had appreciated the effort to bring in dinner, and was eager to go over the things the two of them had collected.

Jack brought out the folded parchment leaves, and that morning's ingredient haul, and passed them to the doctor, while Jack cordially looked over the book the doctor had been peeking into.

It was still in the introductory paragraphs, in the "Methods and Practices" preface, where the text extols the virtues of why it was written in the kind of flowery prose only a closeted intellectual would write in. He was well familiar with it, and just bit his tongue, and kept reading...

--

Need ingredient collection roll.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 01:53:18 am by wierd »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 10, 2020, 01:42:40 am »

"Sold. It's three ales for me and my folks."

Still with a smile in his face, the orcish soldier plunked some coins on the table, disturbing some of the nut shells, berry seeds, and other detritus that had gathered on its gaps.

"So I take it ya'll are adventurers, come to help with the crazy animal problem? We had a group venture into the forest some days ago, hope they're doin' alright out there..."

The gentleman's humble smile now turned to be rather enigmatic. "Maybe... maybe." he motioned one of his men to take their drink before returned to the innkeper.

"I believe you have seen one from my order arrived here and assisted your folks with this beast problem?"

The bartender collects the coins, nodding to the orcish gentleman.

"One of yours, you say?" The barkeep scratches his head momentarily. "Let's see... ah yes, the elven lass? Long, silvery hair, seemed a bit on the melancholy side? Ye she was here alright, helped out with the animal attacks, and inquired 'bout some missin' folks that stayed here some weeks ago. Do believe she went with the others on their venturin' into the woods. Nice girl, real professional seemin'. Yous'all from the same organization or some sort?"
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 10, 2020, 04:25:30 am »

Burt awoke from his slumber and poked his head out of the then to see that only a few of the others had woken up, but he didn't want to deal with any of them yet so he went back into the tent and started to read the fruit book he had found.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 10, 2020, 06:14:59 am »

For the next two hours or so, they wandered here and there among the trees, but never too far from the camp (lest they get left behind, or some other fool thing), nibbling on things. Jack helped get the tall things down, and mama dug up the hidden, and buried things, and they made it as pleasant a morning together as they could, --at least without indulging mamas more persistent appetites anyhow. He capitalized on the opportunity to collect any useful plants at the same time, and put them into his bag.

Jack is able to find and collect 1x Mage's Fennel, 1x Hovering Poisonflower, 1x Blanketweed (Roll 9+2/20).
Ear teeth

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 10, 2020, 06:23:29 am »

Doctor Doak will peruse the nature magic books from the tower.

Owing to their current setting, bereft of suitable places to place, read and cross-reference sources, Doctor Doak  simply skims through the books to get a basic understanding of their content, best as he can manage for the moment. The first three books are part of a series, titled Elementary Nature Magic Volume I, III and V. Volume I deals with properties of plants, and the ways in which they can be used to both amplify and limit the magical potential of practitioners. Volume III instructs on drawing from mana wells directly from plant sources. Volume V is an advanced study, about specializing in one floral family for maximum potency and cites example of wizards who specialized in ferns, evergreen trees and poisonous mushrooms among other things.

The fourth book is a travel diary of a herbologist who traveled along the Zanbizi mountain range, searching for special grasses reputed to expand the horizons of the mind when smoked.

The fifth is a dialectic on the difference between ‘natural sciences’, ‘nature magic’ and ‘floramancy’. The author is adamant that alchemy falls within the purview of science more so than it does within magic.

The sixth is a comparison of voodoo magic practiced by reclusive southern tribes, and glyph based magic which is espoused by the Academy and in common use throughout the kingdom.

The seventh is a children's book on exotic plants. Each continent has flowers, fruits and trees hovering over them, with bright annotations describing... something. The language used is incomprehensible.

Dr Doak was up, and looking through the books he had collected. Recognition blasted through the old hermit's memory-- He had been so damn busy last night getting things ready for bed, that he had completely forgotten about going over that shit with the old man.  He hailed the fellow cordially (or at least as cordially as he could manage this early), then sat down next to him, then rummaged out his own haul to exchange notes.

Sorry I didn' get back wit' ye las' night... he apologized. Weren't enough time, what with--

The old doctor reassured him that it was fine, and that he had appreciated the effort to bring in dinner, and was eager to go over the things the two of them had collected.

Jack brought out the folded parchment leaves, and that morning's ingredient haul, and passed them to the doctor, while Jack cordially looked over the book the doctor had been peeking into.

It was still in the introductory paragraphs, in the "Methods and Practices" preface, where the text extols the virtues of why it was written in the kind of flowery prose only a closeted intellectual would write in. He was well familiar with it, and just bit his tongue, and kept reading...

((One Eye'd Jack rolls 9/20 +1 for LCK))

One Eye'd Jack and Doctor Doak start reading through the parchments to uncover their alchemical secrets. The names of ingredients have been renamed with regional variants, or coded for obfuscation. After some deliberation they manage to figure out three alchemical ingredients: Brook Moss, Whitewood and Badger Glands (these can be collected as valid alchemy ingredients from now on). In addition the two manage to unlock one new recipe: Potion of Sagacity (requires Badger Gland + Mage's Fennel x3 + rock salt + water). This potion restores 60 Stamina, and boosts INT by 3 every turn for 4 turns.

The parchments crumbles slightly and the ink starts fading owing to the atmosphere in which they are being perused. One Eye'd Jack and Doctor Doak hastily gather them and put them away to prevent further deterioration of delicate documents.

Burt awoke from his slumber and poked his head out of the then to see that only a few of the others had woken up, but he didn't want to deal with any of them yet so he went back into the tent and started to read the fruit book he had found.

((Burt rolls 15/20 +1 for LCK))

Burt pulls out his Fruit Folio. He learns about Wyvernfruit, native to the northern highlands and found in the most inhospitable of crags. So called because local myths espoused that it was the foodsource for Wyverns. What is better known is that eating or processing Wyvernfruit can temporarily lend the power of flight to the user.

He also learns of peculiar fruit-like edibles called Underwater Banana. Similarly curvaceous in appearance (and color) to terrestrial bananas, their aquatic brethren are more likely a fungal fruiting body, which accumulate around giant kelp. They are considered highly nutritious and bestow the curious power of being able to process oxygen from water, enabling the gourmand to breathe underwater for some time.

The gold and silver leaf used in this work is mesmerizing, almost hypnotic. Burt decides to pursue more of the magnificent folio later, before he decides to spend his remaining lifespawn engrossed in drawings of fruits.
:-(

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 10, 2020, 06:41:00 am »

"One of yours, you say?" The barkeep scratches his head momentarily. "Let's see... ah yes, the elven lass? Long, silvery hair, seemed a bit on the melancholy side? Ye she was here alright, helped out with the animal attacks, and inquired 'bout some missin' folks that stayed here some weeks ago. Do believe she went with the others on their venturin' into the woods. Nice girl, real professional seemin'. Yous'all from the same organization or some sort?"

The orc chuckled before raising his mug and drank his beer. "Yeah that's her."

"We are from a Security Agency in Helvetia." he continued, no sign of hesitation in his voice when mentioned the organization and its address.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 10, 2020, 07:28:44 am »

Linea opened her eyes, slowly and calmly.

And she immediately gained a full assess of her surroundings: The Dixie girl is squatting in front of her, it was still afternoon and...

Wait a minute.

Linea blinked at the girl who seemed all too curious watching her waking up, and then at the campfire she kindled a while ago. Now the woods had been consumed almost completely, leaving only a few ambery stumps and soot.

"What time is it?"

Linea quickly found the answer as she glanced at the ray of sunshine that seemed to be on the wrong side of the sky and realized that the error was on her.

"So it's morning already," she said, frowning and then yawning like a cat. The robe she used to insulate herself from the coldness of bare earth felt so warm and comfortable but she refrained from making herself look stupid by sleeping again. Especially in front of another fire mage.

"Thanks for waking me up." she said in a rather shaky tone, and it reminded her that she hadn't eaten anything since yesterday noon.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 10, 2020, 08:54:35 am »

Dixie smiled. "Sorry. You looked so adorable."

She thumbed the sapphire on her hand, her nail making a slight sharp whistle. "I figured you could use this more than me."
I have a YouTube channel.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 10, 2020, 10:08:44 am »

While waiting, Laemmle proceed to pick up available mushroom on the ground and fruits on trees which are edible.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 10, 2020, 11:42:26 am »

While waiting, Laemmle proceed to pick up available mushroom on the ground and fruits on trees which are edible.

All fruits and mushrooms look edible enough to Laemmle so she picks up a whole bunch of them.

Laemmle gains Assorted Fruits & Mushrooms.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:50:17 am by Frank »
:-(
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 142