Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Roll to Heist (Players Welcome)  (Read 21861 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Heist (Players Welcome)
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2020, 06:45:47 am »

I think it is a giant robot sent by IKEA to destroy the place, it will very likely be targeted by the demons if we don’t kill them, Noname doesn’t know about it so...

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2020, 06:57:06 am »

I think it is a giant robot sent by IKEA to destroy the place, it will very likely be targeted by the demons if we don’t kill them, Noname doesn’t know about it so...

Oh, a giant robot! That would have been a good idea!
Sadly, I think IKEA stopped used that type of model in the 80's, when one of them malfunctioned and run out of power, allowing the Soviet Union to finally achieve some victories in Afghanistan.

Also, those were too big, and couldn't remodel facilities in a effective method. The newer models are far superior and effective...

*chuckles in GM*
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2020, 09:34:28 am »

Lily
[4]There's actually a Mexican restaurant down the street, so Lily goes there. Since she is the heroine of the city, she and Draggie get a free pass, though to the chef's relief, Draggie doesn't eat anything.

The food isn't otherworldly, but after so many emotions in so little time, Lily appreciates some normality. The restaurant isn't that known, so she avoids a swarm of fans on the small place, and enjoys some peace. When she finishes her tacos.

[6] Once she returns to the streets, she is met by a helicopter. From it, emerges the once president of Dystopic City, no renamed Utòpic City. He is willing to create museum dedicated to Lily, and he would love to have Lily's tranquilizer gun. In exchange for the gun, the now reunified city is willing to fulfill any wish from Lily, if it stays in the realm of possibility.

BOB
[6] Bob looks around. Is there anywhere he can heal in time?

Then he notices some Cradians grabbing really injured Cradians, and taking them to their landing capsules. After a few minutes, the once mortally injured emerge absolutely unscathed.

BOB decides it's worth a try. He shapeshifts into a really injured Cradian and lays on the ground, visible. Immediately, the Cradians grab him, and take him inside the massive landing capsules.

The aliens throw the shapeshifter inside a green tank, and immediately, BOB's real wounds start to heal. After a few minutes, the tank opens up, and the Cradians take him out before leaving for more injured soldiers.

[(1 - 3)=Gun, (4 - 6)=Flamethrower] (3)

[Finding a gun: 1] BOB starts to look around, searching for a gun he can use. At first, the Cradians ignore him, but then of them asks BOB what is he doing, in native Cradian. Once BOB doesn't answer, the Cradians realize that he is an impostor and start shooting.

[Dodging: 1] Once again, the Cradians prove why their race is the best at sniping targets. They land every single beam on BOB before he can realize what's going on.

[Making a gun: 1] BOB tries to make a gun, but who would have thought, it's rather impossible making a gun when you're getting pulverized by laser beams. Weird, huh?

Noname
[6] Noname closes her wings, and using her pinces, she pushes them to the third floor. Then the mantis proceeds to slaughter all those in the room it's currently in. Heart piercing, neck snapping, head eating... The usual.

Once the room is clear, Noname descends on Level 4, murdering the demons tiresly. It is here, at Level 4, that Noname sees a larger demons, and that demons is the first to die, losing his brain in a swift cut.

Then, Noname proceeds to decapitate the rest of the demons, moving faster than any of them, leaving a path of dismemberment.

Once the hole of Level 4 is secured, Noname jumps down to Level 5. This time, it seems, there are no lights, as the demons seem to have broken them. Darkness surrpunds Noname, the only light being the one from Level 4. All around the insect, snarls and roars can be heard. Then demons attack..

Noname snickers, and with swift movements, the mantis dodges and redirects every attack that emerges from the shadows. Every time a demon attacks, it lands with it's claws impaling another demon, or it's own body.

Realising that Noname is destroying them individually, with none of them landing a hit, the demons attack all at once. Fools.

With quick and powerful movements, Noname hits the air, condensing it in powerful atracks in all directions, followed by whimpers of pain from the demons, as their faces blow up from the impacts. Eventually, the only thing that can be heard are the demons from the next level.

Looking down, Noname can see nothing but pure darkness. This but a small handicap.

Pointing inside the hole, Noname starts to rub it's pinces at high speed, heating the gasses that surround it until they become plasma, which crackles into electricy. Then Noname jumps inside Level 6.

Upon landing on the ground, Noname releases the plasma into a electric storm, which fries all the demons that surround the mantis. It even pushes those that were coming through the tunnel, momentarily blocking the demons access to the Overworld.

!!!TIME TRAVEL RETCON!!!
Suddenly, a flash of light engulfs Noname, and the mantis suddenly feels slightly exhausted. The lights are on, as if their power hadn't been cut off.

Looking around, Noname identifies the hole the demons are emerging from. Even from here, Noname realizes that all those demons it just killed must have been the smaller ones, because it can feel

4chan
[5] Oh wow, time to murder people. The few users of 4chan that have money IRL together with the hackers send a sniper to the house of the OP, and murders him quite effectively. 

After that, 4chan claims the kill, clearing their name, and proving that they are still capable of ending anyone's life.

Meanwhile, the users of Sufficient Velocity are quite confused why their OP has stopped posting.

[3] Well, the "4chan world ending plans" have been developed before the Internet. They should be really effective, but since their reputation fell for a while. As such, Apofis calls saying that he doesn't want to eat the sun, Loki states that poison on the face isn't that bad at all, and Cronos isn't in the mood for parties.

So, aside from a few power plants shutting down, and the value of international currency dropping to zero, nothing really happens, aside from some slight chaos.

More mocking ensues, with memes from Reddit flooding 4chan, while Tumblr's SJW stating that this act proves the fragility of the male masculinity, and the attempt to end the world is an attack towards all oppressed genders. And Facebook boomers,... Shake their heads and use emojis to express their disappointment.

[5] The entire thread starts working really hard on sending a signal to space, so that they don't have to empty their credit cards on the botnet. After several minutes, they receive a response.

"This is ZAX 234, also known as the Eternal Advisor of the New Eternian Empire. Proceed to state your intentions before I'm forced to seize your database."

Joe
[2] Joe starts walking. He walks for hours until he eventually realizes that he has gone to the opposite direction. Damnit! Thankfully, there's a city nearby. Perfect for recruitment!

[1] Joe walks through the city, and starts to preach Joeism, using his newfound powers to have his voice be heard all around the city. Slowly but surely, a multitude starts to follow him.

Joe talks about Joeism sharing and generous aspects, he talks about the incredible aspects of the cult of personality, about it's Nazism, and... And...

And would you at that! Several synagogues! And would you look at that! Several stars of David! And would you look at that! It's the name of the city, "New Israel"! And what day is today? Oh, really? "The International day of the Holocaust Survivor"?

Joe turns around, and yep, it's not a mob of Nazi followers, but an entire city of very angry armed Jews!

!!!TIME TRAVEL RETCON!!!
Suddenly, Joe realizes that he has 13 turns remaining of superhuman strength, not 14. Also, he's already being chased across the streets by the angry mob.

Tamatoa
[2] Shiny complies, and Tamatoa tries to activate my gravitational stabilizers, only the crab is unable to do so, since the armour is really advanced. Well, beggars can't be choosers. He raises his pinces and charges a beam.

[4] The blast blows away the doors, while throwing Tamatoa to the ground. Thankfully, there don't seem to be any guards, so after Tamatoa gets up, he rushes to the corridor. The personal and guards don't pay him to much attention, and seem rather worried for something else. Whatever it is, it is certainly not Tamatoa's problem right now.

[4] After several minutes of searching, Tamatoa finds the medical center. Inside, there's at least a few scientists, grabbing all they can find of value. They turn around when the door opens, and stand very still, as Tamatoa charges another laser beam.

"Okay, I haven't a lot of time. Do you have anti-narcotics?"

Shaking, the scientists nod, and one of them points at several vaccines. Immediately, Tamatoa injects them to himself. Immediately, he starts feeling better and awake, feeling the numbness retreating.

[6] The scientists try to take their chance to leave, but Tamatoa moves faster than them, blocking the door.

"Not so fast. You see, I also have another problem. I'm missing an arm. Now, tell me, do you have anything that may be able to help me?"

One of the scientists steps up.

"Well, we have something, but I will only show it to you if you promise not to kill us"

Once Tamatoa agrees, the scientist opens a secret door revealing a dark room, with a large tentacle inside containment glass.

"This is a prototype bio-symbiote that we have been developing. It has the ability to change shape and size to the host desire, though it's not limitless. We could implant it to you in a quick surgery, but in exchange, you won't kill us, AND you will ensure our safety."

Durg
[4] After hours of traveling, Durg finally sees a city. It takes another half an hour, but eventually, the truck reaches the city, which seems really normal. After checking the streets and citizens, Durg concludes that it is normal, and doesn't have any crazy magical twists.

[2] Durg spends the next few hours looking for a publisher, but it seems that the city doesn't have any. The city doesn't contain much. It has a pub, a library, a gas station, a pharmacy and a small police department.

[Reaction to Durg: 1] The people of the city don't like Kobolds at all. They look at him with hate, whispering hateful comments to each other about Durg. Children cry when he goes by them, and old people refuse to answer any questions.

Urist
[4] Before anything, Urist generates a powerful barrier, which will burn to ashes those that are stupid enough to come near him. That way, he can give himself some breathing air.

[3] Once again, Urist connects to the minds of the demons, and orders to keep up the Carnage. This time, the response from the demons is far more hostile than before, and many of them would tear him apart.

Apparently, the demons had been using the holes Urist had digged for advancing to each Level, spreading from the room with the hole, and overpowering the personal with sheer numbers.

Well, apparently, a single Mantis has made it's way to Level 6, murdering every single demon that crossed it's path. It is currently on Level 6, awaiting the rest of the demons from the Underworld.

[Demonic Rampage:3] Without the ability to overpower their enemies, and receive constant reinforcement, the demons of each level suffer heavy losses, with most of the battles ending with demons fleeing the scene.

[3] Urist descends the Pyramid and lands on the ground, looking terrifyingly majestic, as the Herald of the Blood God should look... until the land mines that surround Hizukania activate, detecting unexpected weight.

The following explosions hardly damage Urist, but it breaks his concentration, weakening the barrier, and that's what his enemies needed.

Thousands of magical and mechanical projectiles start impacting against Urist, who is caught off guard by the constant bombardment, but through endurance to leave the mine field.

Urist, unable to catch his breath, starts fighting across the battlefield, with all those who are to come to near to him bursting into red ashes, but that exposes him to projectiles, as each impact throws him off-guard, and the collateral effects of projectiles still affect him.

!!!TIME TRAVEL RETCON!!!
Suddenly, the Martial Trance stops working, and his muscular mass decreases, while returning to regular dwarf size. The next attack from his enemies breaks the barrier, and suddenly, Urist is forced to rapidly dodge his enemies attacks. At the same time, the demons break free from his influence. And they are ready to have !FUN!.

Alpha-Theta 347
[Creating a Time Machine: 5 Using every piece and resources the AI can find, while developing several new periodic table elements which power up the machine itself, which looks like a door, but with dials and numbers, setting it up on Level 1, the least destroyed floor.

[Creating Terminators: 5] Using it's original body as a default, Alpha-Theta 347 works non-stop on creating more copies of it, with all it's original programs. After several hours of working, the AI has a dozen ready. They immediately rush through the door, and vanish into the air.

!!!TIME TRAVEL RETCON!!!

Suddenly, Alpha-Theta 347 realizes that it has more control than before over Hizukania, while the security complex is less destroyed.

JFAG
[6] The JFAG decide to take on several adrenaline shots each. It's only after taking them, than Roy realizes that these were Megadrenaline! Immediately, time slows down, as their nervous system goes overboard. Keith throws a pebble and immediately after losing contact with the reptile, the pebble starts moving slowly through the air.

[1] They attempt to call August, but they realize that Jasper had everyone's phones and, yep, they are absolutely broken.

!!!TIME TRAVEL RETCON!!!
A flash of light engulfs the room. Suddenly, there are several knocked out guards and Cradians knocked on the ground. Meanwhile, the JFAG realizes that they aren't as hurt as they were a few minutes ago.

IKEARMINATOR appears! The sky rips apart as yellow and blue vortex appears. A single humanoid form descends, composed of yellow and blue colors, with the words IKEA on his face. It starts speaking, with a slight ancient, I mean, Swedish accent.

"i come on the behalf of ikea, with the intent of remodeling this failed security complex. all lifeforms inside the facility will be terminated, as well as any attempt to stop the remodeling"

Then, IKEArminator rises his hand, and the top of the pyramid starts to shatter, with the pieces rising towards the vortex

Spoiler: Durg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joesus Christ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lilypool (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tamotoa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alpha-Theta 347 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4chan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noname (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Urist McSickleHammer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BOB (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2020, 10:59:38 am »

I JUST FUCKING GOT HEALED, GOD DAMN IT

Use !!RESONANT SHRIEK!! and then MTFO(Morph The Fuck Out)
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2020, 11:00:27 am »

Get back into my truck and drive to a new not racist town, if I get attacked shoot the attackers with my lightning staff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2020, 01:54:51 pm »

Wish for a nice apartment that I don't have to pay for, because I don't have any money. And maybe a lifetime meal pass if I can get away with it.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2020, 02:39:25 pm »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2020, 02:51:14 pm »

>Contact the NEE and get them to help cause chaos by nuking Reddit, Tumblr, Facebook, and all the shitty mainstream sites, as well as anything else they feel like destroying. We're the greater evil of chaos, so we should add to it with outside forces fucking shit up.
it's over

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2020, 03:58:24 pm »

Alright, deal. Just grab what you need and I’ll make sure to get you out of here fast. The surgery can wait till we’re way away from here.

Once the scientists get what is needed, have them strapped onto my back and high-speed it out of this building, making sure they don’t die on the way.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2020, 07:15:16 am »

Ok, I better explain this before it gets too confusing. You will have to change your current action, though.

Okay, so Alpha-Theta 347 created a time machine, in an attempt to kill Urist before he got his powers from Armok. It completely backfired, because Urist got his Demonic powers earlier than the original timeline.

This, and that's where gets REALLY funky, released several butterfly effects, which changed the present. For exemple, Urist never activated his martial trance, as the guards didn't give him any challenge, and made the hole to the Underworld earlier.

In your case, Naturegirl, Noname had a harder time defeating all those demons, since Urist made the hole to the Underworld earlier, bigger demons managed to get out before you killed them.

Important remark, the only ones that time traveled were the Terminators, the rest of you are still present you. Meanwhile, characters like Lily and Durg weren't affected by these shenanigans because instead of heisting, they decided to say "fuck you, heist", and went to live their own adventures.

In Tamatoa's case, well, he was locked inside a room for quite some time, so he has never been affected by Urist. And 4chan...is 4chan.

Sorry, I forgot to finish the last lines of your turn. Yo arefeeling that even larger demons are coming.
Thank you
Continue forward and kill more demons, if injured, attempt to retreat
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:08:10 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2020, 09:01:09 am »

(Questions, What started time travel shenanigans? Why did some travel backwards while others travelled forward?)
Me from past: Rekill the demons and get to level 6, when finding future me, work with future me to kill more demons

Future me: when past me gets to me, work with past me to kill more demons

(Since in my turn it mentioned traveling back in time, and in Urist McDemoncontroller’s turn, it mentIons me still on the 6th level, I interpret this as meaning there are two of me, also, the last sentence, I can feel what?)

Ok, I better explain this before it gets too confusing. You will have to change your current action, though.

Okay, so Alpha-Theta 347 created a time machine, in an attempt to kill Urist before he got his powers from Armok. It completely backfired, because Urist got his Demonic powers earlier than the original timeline.

This, and that's where gets REALLY funky, released several butterfly effects, which changed the present. For exemple, Urist never activated his martial trance, as the guards didn't give him any challenge, and made the hole to the Underworld earlier.

In your case, Naturegirl, Noname had a harder time defeating all those demons, since Urist made the hole to the Underworld earlier, bigger demons managed to get out before you killed them.

Important remark, the only ones that time traveled were the Terminators, the rest of you are still present you. Meanwhile, characters like Lily and Durg weren't affected by these shenanigans because instead of heisting, they decided to say "fuck you, heist", and went to live their own adventures.

In Tamatoa's case, well, he was locked inside a room for quite some time, so he has never been affected by Urist. And 4chan...is 4chan.

Sorry, I forgot to finish the last lines of your turn. Yo arefeeling that even larger demons are coming.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2020, 09:43:21 am »

Stomp the ground with all my power, causing magma geysers to erupt under al these pesky heroes and Cradian aliens.
Destroy the Cradian spaceship into thousands of metal chunks.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2020, 10:53:15 pm »

flee from the city and find a new city to recruit from. But because the Gods of war gave me these powers, they would want to see a massive war across all of Earth!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2020, 11:08:58 am »

Thank you. Action changed

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2020, 11:05:04 pm »

While Roy splints Jasper’s rib, Keith and Andrew take a moment to plot out the best escape route from their current situation, with the hopes of making tracks to the Barnyard. As much as the guys there  may be stuck-up snobs, they’re the best at dealing with IKEA’s top dogs.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19