Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 38534 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 is... not yet released...
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2020, 04:27:40 pm »

Yes. That's why we want holy cannibalism.
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2020, 06:34:29 pm »

Aren't all catholics cannibals? They eat the body of christ, right?
Although the Romans officially considered it that way and at times prosecuted Christians accordingly, my understanding of transubstantiation is that it's the divine body of Christ, not the human body, so it's only deiphagy and not cannibalism at all since no human body is involved.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2020, 07:15:28 pm »

I know quite a few Catholic priests who would disagree with that. They're quite insistent that the whole point of Christ is that the human and divine became united and can't be divided like that; and have been quite firm in that stance since some of the early councils when they split with Miaphysites, Monophysites, and the like. What that tooltip describes, though, is a belief that all humans have a similar divine presence and ought to be consumed (directly), rather than one exceptional case (using transubstantiated bread).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2020, 08:40:00 am »

God left a piece of himself in all of us, and just like eating Jesus is divine, eating others brings you a little closer to God

It's revelatory, really

You can't spell revelation without revel
Love, scriver~

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Crusader Kings 3 is announced
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2020, 04:42:55 am »

Paradox announced a September release for CK3.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2020, 09:49:38 am »

Deus Vult, Insh'Allah!
Love, scriver~

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2020, 10:32:45 am »

I know quite a few Catholic priests who would disagree with that. They're quite insistent that the whole point of Christ is that the human and divine became united and can't be divided like that; and have been quite firm in that stance since some of the early councils when they split with Miaphysites, Monophysites, and the like.

Those are some pretty old priest you know

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2020, 12:47:37 pm »

The fact that they are re-using the EU4 siege mechanic (roll a d20, apply modifiers, look up the result) should tell you all you need to know. They did the same thing with archaeology in Stellaris and it sucks.

My only question if how bad it will be, and if it will be fixable with DLC. I'm more inclined to think it's like Stellaris and Imperator, where they really have nfc what they're doing and are a re-writing core systems in the first year.

Still debating whether I'll buy it day 1. I've skipped Imperator entirely and feeling better and better about it. And I have about ~4500 hours between CK2, EU4, Stellaris, and a few other PDS games.

fuck really?

man, that plus the map being all in the new paradox visual design club (terrain map mode + borders being the color of political boundaries) is making me anxious to find out how it actually all plays

i just hope they factor in troop counts and let you assault without losing thousands of people to kill ten people like in EU4

Also, that they don't make troop counts like EU4 with it always being a 1k increment.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2020, 12:53:05 pm »

(terrain map mode + borders being the color of political boundaries)
To be fair, this I like. I'm currently part of a mod team and it make me kind of sad that most people won't see the awesome work our mapper did for the terrain because they'll be using the political map mode that just sort of... erases it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2020, 01:51:13 pm »

Yeah, I get that. I just am kinda torn between it and a flat map color.

Terrain map mode ime tends to just run worse than a flat map for me so eh. Political map being terrain map mode is... Not boding well :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2020, 01:56:23 pm »

Im thinking that Ill just buy the complete game when it comes out in 2022
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2020, 02:12:32 pm »

Personally I'd prefer it if every map mode was the painted map style zoomout map mode of CK3
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2020, 03:10:46 pm »

I wish the maps were more painterly and vibrant, the 3d terrain maps are whatever--half the time I have mods to get rid of them anyways. The medieval/renaissance political map style (among many other concurrent map styles) is really good looking the more they get away from it the more meh I am about it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2020, 03:58:05 pm »

Surprisingly there is "adult" content in CK3. There is actual fully modeled nudity (at least for breasts). Supposedly you can get breast "traits" and grow big ones (or small ones, but I wonder how that would work in australia, because small breast nudity is illegal in australia). But this is only what I heard in discord so not 100% on that part of traits. Honestly I try not to read much about a game pre-release if I already know I'm getting it and will like it. In any case, looks like they are going for a more mature game than previous games they've made.

One thing I won't do is ever look at reviews lol. Every paradox game gets review bombed, but I love every single one besides Hearts of Iron (just not a fan of the setting and its too confusing for me and the setting doesn't entice me to learn the game). Like imperator rome got review bombed and its my most played game this year lol. So I 100% know CK3 is gonna get review bombed as well. Especially because people hate paradox's DLC model (which I personally love, I love the years of updates to the game and always new content and features.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 03:59:54 pm by Trolldefender99 »

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2020, 09:21:56 pm »

Im thinking that Ill just buy the complete game when it comes out in 2022

lol more like 2028
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23