Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Too Many Gods: Age of the Earth, Turn 2 [14/12] Waitlist Open  (Read 23274 times)

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too Many Gods: Age of the Cosmos, Turn 1 [4/12]
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2019, 08:21:42 am »

[X] Join as Xein’Shaan, God of Struggle. Xein will first create the Plane of Conflict, a barren wasteland with a mind and ambition of its own. The Plane of Conflict will constantly move around, occasionally colliding with other Planes. When this happens, The Plane of Conflict will start exhibiting some of the traits of the Plane that it collided with. For example, colliding with the Realm of Shadows results in The Plane of Conflict getting darker, colliding with the Eternal Engine gives it some mechanical properties, etc. Any sentient being who finds themself on The Plane of Conflict will begin to feel overwhelming greed and envy towards anything they lay their eyes on.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too Many Gods: Age of the Cosmos, Turn 1 [8/12]
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2019, 08:29:52 am »

[X] Join as Megiddo, God of monsters. My first act will be to create Goladrath,  the World-Turtle. Her shell is as big as a planet, her scales as impenetrable as adamantium and her ponderous minds reasons at geological pace She likes to wander around in the universe, though she rarely strays too far from the Sun and prefers to avoid the oily waters of the Eternal Engine. 

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
Re: Too Many Gods: Age of the Cosmos, Turn 1 [4/12]
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2019, 09:11:31 am »

[X] Join as Xein’Shaan, God of Struggle. Xein will first create the Plane of Conflict, a barren wasteland with a mind and ambition of its own. The Plane of Conflict will constantly move around, occasionally colliding with other Planes. When this happens, The Plane of Conflict will start exhibiting some of the traits of the Plane that it collided with. For example, colliding with the Realm of Shadows results in The Plane of Conflict getting darker, colliding with the Eternal Engine gives it some mechanical properties, etc. Any sentient being who finds themself on The Plane of Conflict will begin to feel overwhelming greed and envy towards anything they lay their eyes on.

What would happen if it wandered into the Erdanous? The Iavodell? It's basically a ball of yarn with strings that stretch across the planes and tangle within it, as the Iavodell is the materium that connects the various realms.

I imagine neither has a centralized location so much as they are subsets of the grander Universe (as are all the planes I imagine - with one melding into another if one can swim "up" or "down" the Iavodell).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 09:17:18 am by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2019, 09:36:58 am »

What would happen if it wandered into the Erdanous? The Iavodell? It's basically a ball of yarn with strings that stretch across the planes and tangle within it, as the Iavodell is the materium that connects the various realms.

I imagine neither has a centralized location so much as they are subsets of the grander Universe (as are all the planes I imagine - with one melding into another if one can swim "up" or "down" the Iavodell).

I don’t think The Plane of Conflict would react to either in a noticable way. As I understand, they’re the background of the Universe, with all other Planes being the foreground, so The Plane of Conflict would just move through them uneventfully.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2019, 09:37:13 am »

[X] Join as 『 』, Kūhaku, God of Nothing. Kūhaku will first create Nothing, the endless void plane into which all things will eventually fall to ruin and disappear. Though perhaps those may play a game to regain what was once lost, for the God of Nothing has but one joy, that of games and failure and success.

Note that this is not going to drag them into it. It simply means that which is lost and destroyed or falls will end up there eventually. Eventually.

t could certainly be concluded to be the center between everything. But it's more like an end destination for everything eventually. Or the beginning of new things perhaps?

Well, playing as Nothing will be interesting for the puns at least.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 09:45:51 am by TricMagic »

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2019, 10:34:27 am »

[X] Join as 『 』, Kūhaku, God of Nothing. Kūhaku will first create Nothing, the endless void plane into which all things will eventually fall to ruin and disappear. Though perhaps those may play a game to regain what was once lost, for the God of Nothing has but one joy, that of games and failure and success.

Note that this is not going to drag them into it. It simply means that which is lost and destroyed or falls will end up there eventually. Eventually.

t could certainly be concluded to be the center between everything. But it's more like an end destination for everything eventually. Or the beginning of new things perhaps?

Well, playing as Nothing will be interesting for the puns at least.

Does this include such immaterial things such as Empires, people etc. and what would "bringing them back" entail for those that have taken their place if so, in the case of polities and other second order complexities in general?
Noble Nafuni Engineer

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too Many Gods: Age of the Cosmos, Turn 1 [10/12]
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2019, 11:00:24 am »

One would need to enter 'that place' and find it, and then make it out somehow.

However, ideas are a bit, immutable. They have no form other than what is there, so you would only be bringing knowledge or items/materials out. People too in some cases.

A legendary item that has been lost could be found again and brought out, even if it's true form has long since disappeared.

For people, it tends to be a short time frame, given what passes for time in a place where Nothing exists.

Nothing is there, and Nothing Exists, yet everything has wound up there as Nothing More at some point in time. Trying to describe it is going to be... Difficult. It would likely be different for each person who ends up there. Not exactly friendly to any sort of reasoning.

In other words, philosophy and dream trips where your mind and soul are your only guides to do anything of find anything.

A God of Nothing is a strange thing indeed.

Other afterlives in existence would likely take priority over No Afterlife. Though if those afterlives were ever to end, Nowhere would be where they go. Nothing~~

End of the road, Nothing is all that's left.

There are many puns and philosophical questions here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 11:03:16 am by TricMagic »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Too Many Gods: Age of the Cosmos, Turn 1 [11/12]
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2019, 02:39:03 pm »

One slot left. I will announce when the turn is closed later tonight.

So far, I'd say this is shaping up to be a weird one. We shall see what comes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2019, 02:55:00 pm »

X’arilyg, God of Shadows.
Yilr-Gax, God of Light.

Acter Nobody, God of Improvement.
Mahar, God of Stone.
La Chaleur, the god of the Hearth.
Neheb, God of the Seas.
Attaein, God of Truth.
Dleifrag, God of Curiosity.
Xein’Shaan, God of Struggle.
Megiddo, God of monsters.
『 』, Kūhaku, God of Nothing.
Morrak, God of Dead

Current list of Gods.

... I'm probably up there with Light and Shadows, as Nothing is anathema to them. Not that I hold animosity towards them, it's just neither light nor shadows exist in Nothing.

Probably anathema to Improvement too. Given Nothing is a dead end.

Edited in the last. that's the full list. Viva la Godhood~
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:07:42 pm by TricMagic »

Chiper9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2019, 05:31:19 pm »

[X] Join as Morrak, God of Death. My first action to create The Perpetual Mausoleum, a plane of the dead, which wraps around all realms. The realm currently is made of endless rolling hills dividing the realm into countless valleys and at the center of each one lays an empty temple waiting to be dedicated to those that have met their end.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:11:17 pm by Chiper9 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2019, 05:55:11 pm »

Welcome Morrak. Good luck wrapping that around Nothing.

Well, a god of death at least makes some sense.

How will this place even look exactly. Nothing is neither everywhere nor nowhere. And yet everything is touched, for nothing does not exist without something.

Otherwise known as more confusion for the future.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:58:53 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2019, 06:30:28 pm »

...it occurs to me that we have a god of death, but no god of life. Which may have interesting implications on the setting.
Although I wouldn’t be surprised if I or Powder Miner end up taking that position.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2019, 06:36:59 pm »

Probably Powder Miner. A god of improvement taking on that position would say quite a few things to that life which doesn't wish further improvements.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 07:13:45 pm »

Join as Dewra Goddess of Water. Create a realm of water filled with aquatic creatures.
(this is allowed, right? If not, I can change my action)

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 07:18:29 pm »

Waitlist me please.
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16