Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 39045 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2019, 10:22:19 pm »

"Wait, if I'm getting recompensation for this... then I'm willing to drop it down to "hard feelings" rather than very hard feelings. Now then, let's talk-"

"Mhm. Mm. Hmm."

"We'll talk later. I've got shit I have to deal with. Nora, you literally have a massive hole in your chest that a parasite just crawled out of. I'll deal with bleeding but speak-up if you're feeling any side effects."

Make sure my bandage is in place, then go fix up Nora's carapace.

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:24:58 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2019, 10:38:39 pm »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Use duct tape to fix the hole in my carapace, place duct tape in Sherry’s chest to seal the hole

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2019, 12:59:29 am »

Frank pockets the coins and inspects the plastic card and the phone.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

There are about about 8 coins. The plastic card is the same as the ones found in the booth. The phone seems like it could be in working order, but is completely dead.

Try to stand and walk to the medic
One of the others convinced the parasite to leave my body. Can anyone help patch up my carapace?

(8+2=*9*) Nora is holding up pretty well. She still has a gaping wound, but she's not bleeding as bad as before.

Are there any other places to explore, now that the monsters are down?  Past the room with the monsters?

There's another set of double doors at the far end of the chamber, and a smaller door on the right wall.

"Great we haven't even been here an hour and someones already been mind controlled by the government and made to attempt to kill our doctor, this is all to keep us from finding the truth!"
He then stops paying attention to whats going on in the rest of the room and goes back to focusing on the lockers.

"I bet these lockers contain something important, you don't lock up shit you don't care about."
Use my tool kit to break the locks on the lockers and see what secrets they hold.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)

(6+1=7 crafting) Burt manages to bust most of the locks open. Inside, he finds: A CD case with 8 disks, An antique revolver, an old business suit made with synthetic fiber, a gold plated watch, a bottle of bourbon, a switchblade, and a bag of white powder.

Alice picked up her two wand halves, she would fix them later when it was more quiet. She then turned around and saw that Sherry was currently being held to the ground by Ares.

"What's happening and who needs my help?"

Pick up my two wand halves, they should be less sticky due to being covered in water.

Done. They aren't really sticky, they were just partially fused to your hands.

"What is to prevent the parasite from 'gaining the upper hand' again?"

Attempt to ascertain if Sherry is lying. If she is, use duct tape to bind her hands. Otherwise release her. Afterwards, check the lockers for data storage devices.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)

(3) Ares decides not to trust Sherry, and tries to bind her hands at once. (10) vs (1) Ares uses the entire roll of duct tape binding Sherry from head to toe.

Clean up any leftover loot in the room.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)

Feel free to pickup whatever hasn't been taken. I believe the hardhat and sledgehammer are still floating around.

Heart still beating. Still scared. What to do but to- to beat the fear into submission! Take charge.
The human is still dangerous. She was dangerous before, but she is certainly dangerous now.

Vaiae points her sword towards Sherry's heart and steps forwards, close enough to strike.
"Do not trust her. She might still be controlled by that thing. We need to kill it. Can you hold her still? I can drain its life out, so we don't have to do any cutting."

She's still not properly restrained, with those tentacle things... be in position to stab her in the heart if she attacks with those. If not, (if necessary) use one lifeforce spell to pinpoint the location of the parasite and another to move all of its lifeforce to Sherry.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

Sherry is fully bound up, so Vaiae decides to hold off on magic for now. She does stand over Sherry menacingly, however.

"Wait, if I'm getting recompensation for this... then I'm willing to drop it down to "hard feelings" rather than very hard feelings. Now then, let's talk-"

"Mhm. Mm. Hmm."

"We'll talk later. I've got shit I have to deal with. Nora, you literally have a massive hole in your chest that a parasite just crawled out of. I'll deal with bleeding but speak-up if you're feeling any side effects."

Make sure my bandage is in place, then go fix up Nora's carapace.

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)

With his own bandages in ship-shape, Crass heads over to Nora. (5+3=8) He closes her wound and gets her recovering. She won't be 20/20 for a while, but she can walk around at least.

Use duct tape to fix the hole in my carapace, place duct tape in Sherry’s chest to seal the hole

As it happens, you no longer need duct tape, and Sherry currently has quite an abundance of the stuff.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2019, 01:11:59 am »

Push onwards, and open the new set of double doors.  A new cave probably lies beyond!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2019, 01:28:08 am »

Pick up Sherry, and carry her as I follow Thag
thank you Crass

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2019, 01:29:37 am »

"I bet whats her face, the telepath with the parasite is a government spy, because only a government idiot would want to keep the parasite alive, we need to kill her before she infects us, its what the government wants, they want us all to die so we don't discover the truth that they made the creatures here!"

"Also I think I found some drugs."
Grab the CD case with 8 disks, antique revolver, old business suit made with synthetic fiber, gold plated watch, bottle of bourbon, switchblade, and a bag of white powder, then examine the revolver, watch, the CDs, and the white powder, and follow the rest of the group.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 03:12:14 pm by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2019, 01:46:09 am »

If the parasite is never allowed to leave her body, it will kill her in time, and her being it’s only food source would eventually kill it in time, if we keep her bound she can’t be any trouble. I don’t know if I introduced myself. My name is Nora.”
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:05:00 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2019, 02:22:21 am »

Frank moves to help Nora carry Sherry. As the party moves, he speaks quietly to Sherry.

"For uh, what it's worth, I believe that you're not a danger. But I'd hate to mention it when the uh, common consensus is the opposite."

He additionally helps her to remove the duct-tape covering her face and ears, though he could probably be little more gentle about it.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 03:58:29 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2019, 02:53:00 am »

"Mhhhm hhmm. Mmmm mm mm mhhh hhmm mmhh hhm hm hm." Sherry responded, wiggling in her duct tape cocoon like an insect trapped in a spider's web.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2019, 02:55:20 am »

Frank seems to randomly interpret Sherry's murmurings.

"Yeah, I know, I'm not helping. I just wanted to uh, say that anyways, for some reason."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2019, 03:50:43 am »

"Mm hh mm hh." Sherry said reassuringly.
"Mh hm mhhm hmh mm hh mm hh mm." she added a warning.

If I don't have a breathing hole, then use my newfound abilities to poke one open. Try to make some eyeholes too, but the mouthhole is higher priority. Do try not to accidentally hurt anyone while doing so.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2019, 03:57:51 am »

Frank notices what Sherry is trying to do, and helps (added to action).

Hotfire90

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2019, 08:04:44 am »

"Is keeping her wrapped up really a good idea? She knows telepathy, what's preventing her from simply controlling our minds and having one of us unwrap her?"

Continue the exploration, use the time to think about what I can do with eldritch magic. Summoning eldritch creatures seems obvious, but how suited is it for offensive and utility spells? Also how is the enchanting of equipment handled?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2019, 11:20:08 am »

If telepathy is indeed a two way street, might her attempted target be able to send a counter message to  cancel her action?

Hotfire90

« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2019, 12:36:47 pm »

"I haven't mastered telepathy yet, but I really doubt it works both ways. What would be the point of mastering the art of telepathy if every untrained person you come across can just counter your spells?"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22