Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 39101 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2019, 09:34:39 am »

After Sherry shot Crass, she convinced the parasite to leave me and get into her. I might need someone to patch up my carapace, I don’t think the parasite did when it left

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2019, 10:42:19 am »

"What is to prevent the parasite from 'gaining the upper hand' again?"

Attempt to ascertain if Sherry is lying. If she is, use duct tape to bind her hands. Otherwise release her. Afterwards, check the lockers for data storage devices.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Hotfire90

« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2019, 10:51:15 am »

"I think I can remove the parasite, it will require some precision but I can do it. I can also patch up your carapace later.

Anyway, I think we should use this relative calm to properly introduce ourselves, learn more about our fellow explorers and what they can and can't do, and perhaps even come up with a plan. Afterall the fight against this parasite housing worm left us with one explorer heavily injured, another infected with a parasite and someone shot during all the confusion."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2019, 10:57:49 am »

Clean up any leftover loot in the room.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2019, 11:31:20 am »

"What is to prevent the parasite from 'gaining the upper hand' again?"
"Oh, it's quite simple really. You see, I was trying to take control of it and force it to leave our comrade's body, but it sort of backfired. So I reached into its mind to see what it wanted. And like most animals, what it wants boils down to surviving and procreating. So I convinced it that I was a friend, that it had more to gain by being peaceful and by inhabiting a willing host. And then, when its guard was lowered, I crushed its tiny mind and consumed it, making it part of me. So, as you see, there's nothing to fear." Sherry reassured the bot, making her grin even wider.

Crass turns around to look at Sherry, hand still pressing the bandage against his neck. He looks extraordinary pissed.
"There are hard feelings! Extremely, extremely, hard feelings!"
"I understand. Though the actions of my body were not my own, it still caused you harm, so I am at least partially responsible. I can't turn back time, I can't undo what's been done, but I'm willing to try to offer compensation for the damage you sustained. What do you say? Anything I could do to make it up to you?"
Sherry smiled at him and batted her eyelashes in what she hoped was an endearing manner.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2019, 01:23:36 pm »

"But Sherry, I had the parasite during the gunshot. You had control of your body at the time, unless you have two of them inhabiting your body"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2019, 02:45:16 pm »

"Ah, that's a common misconception about telepathy. When you touch the mind of something, it's a two way street. Even those without any skill in telepathy can cause significant damage to the one using telepathy if they have a powerful mind or they catch the telepathy user off-guard. That's why I tried to be subtle about it, but even then it managed to detect me and take me by surprise. I guess I wasn't ready for such an alien mind."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2019, 03:59:44 pm »

"you armed to get control of it easily. It couldn't control you unless its inside you, unless you've already controlled the mind of the human and are pretending to be the human"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2019, 05:31:15 pm »

"Oh, really? And what makes you such an expert on how these things work? Are you claiming you know how telepathy works better than I do? Or did you perhaps know about them before you saw them here today?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2019, 05:32:06 pm »

Heart still beating. Still scared. What to do but to- to beat the fear into submission! Take charge.
The human is still dangerous. She was dangerous before, but she is certainly dangerous now.

Vaiae points her sword towards Sherry's heart and steps forwards, close enough to strike.
"Do not trust her. She might still be controlled by that thing. We need to kill it. Can you hold her still? I can drain its life out, so we don't have to do any cutting."

She's still not properly restrained, with those tentacle things... be in position to stab her in the heart if she attacks with those. If not, (if necessary) use one lifeforce spell to pinpoint the location of the parasite and another to move all of its lifeforce to Sherry.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2019, 05:44:49 pm »

"Well, yes, it's true, I could be controlled, but so far these things have been rather dumb, don't you think? No tactics, no coordination, no communication, just mindlessly attacking. Even when it took control of me its first thought was to attack rather than pull off some elaborate ploy that would actually give it a chance to survive. And that's because they're dumb beasts. I on the other hand am speaking in a calm and friendly (not to mention refined and admirable) manner and have not attempted to attack you. Would you say that's consistent with the parasites' behavior?"
Sherry spoke slowly, like a teacher explaining something to a child while still maintaining her smile.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2019, 05:54:09 pm »

Frank looks up from his investigation at the scene unfolding; a member of the party approaching the weird lady from the truck with a sword drawn and pointed at the heart. What was this, an execution? A challenge to a duel? He spoke up a little nervously.

"D-don't kill each other... p-please..."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2019, 05:54:54 pm »

"Sherry speaks logically. There is no reason to be angry with her for the actions of the parasite."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2019, 06:00:21 pm »

”you are right. If you were being controlled right now you wouldn’t be talking. I don’t know about telepathy, but if these things were able to control bodies they weren’t in, they would have done that. I understand now that you were talking about only if telepathy was involved. The parasite in inside you now, it will still need food, how will you feed it while also not weakening yourself?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2019, 06:17:12 pm »

"The only reason I'd have to believe that they're dumb beasts is what you've told me. Maybe it's become more intelligent with you as its host. Maybe it simply intends to take control later and infect more of us when our guard is down. We're not safe as long as you're infected."
And even then... That silenced pistol. Is she some kind of spy? A dangerous person.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22