Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 39094 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2019, 05:54:18 pm »

"shitshitshit"

Heal Crass. Using MAGIC!! Also locate what hurt him so that I can kill it before it kills me.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2019, 06:35:42 pm »

"Uh, I'm a bit busy right now, I'll help later."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2019, 06:40:10 pm »

Frank looks over and sees that Crass is being treated, so he returns to what he was doing.

"Fixing people is not my strong suit. Machines are easy, people are very difficult."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2019, 06:50:07 pm »

*CAW* "Help me you piece of shit!"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2019, 08:08:22 pm »

Thag hears the cry for help.  That then looks at his club.

Unsure what to do, Thag looks about for the source of the last gunshot, club at the ready.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2019, 07:48:57 pm »

Frank did not notice Sherry fire on Crass and assumed that the gunshot was simply someone on the team finishing up one of the remaining enemies. Satisfied with the state of things, Frank moves over to begin examining the contents of the lockers.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

(6) Frank glances over the lockers. Some of them are still locked or else wise empty. However, he finds a few coins, a plastic card, and an old cellphone in a few unlocked ones.

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
try to cut the tentacle with my hatchet then try to find and cut the maggot or the blue veins without cutting my organs. If cutting the veins hurts me then stop and see if I can control the tentacle and force it back inside me

(5+2=7 health) Nora manages to sober up enough to find her hatchet. She hacks at the tentacle (4+1=5) She misses it, still not in control of her faculties. She has no control of it whatsoever.

She can feel it trying to spread in her body (6+2 health) She manages not to succumb to it, for now.

Blast the two wand halves off with water, and then fix it, with magic. One focus roll each for the two spells.

(5+1=6) Alice manages to knock the wand halves off her hand.

She then tries to repair the wand (3+1=4) She is unable to mend it.

Try to staunch the wound on my neck while gurgling out a warning to the others.

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)

(5+3=8) Crass manages to stop the bleeding, then seal the wound. He then shouts to his teammates that he has been shot.

"Friendly medic down. Requesing replacement."

"Possible marksman operating in the area. Stay alert."

Get up. Use the blood spatter to extrapolate where the shot came from. If I determine it was a teammate, disarm them. Otherwise, eliminate hostiles.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)

(9) Ares sees Sherry with her gun out. He approaches her, and attempts to take the gun away. (9) He rips the pistol from her grasp, and tackles her to the floor.

"Damn government monsters I'm glad there all dead now, they were a bunch of pains in the ass, also whoever's shooting back there can quit all the critters are dead."
Reload my shotgun and go look in the lockers.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)

(6) Burt also finds everything that Frank found.

Try to convince the parasite that its life expectancy will increase if it stops being hostile and hides the pistol. If it wants to survive longer, then it should jump out of Nora and into my body. It will have much higher chance of satiating its hunger, procreating and escaping if it works together with a willing host.

If that fails, then just resist as best I can.

(6+2 speech) Sherry convinces the parasite that it would be best if it were to change its host body to her. It's not very sentient, but she manages to get through to it.

The blue worm bursts forth from Nora. it now looks somewhat like a octopus made from tree roots. It scurries over to Sherry, and jumps on her. (10) Being ready for it, Sherry uses her telepathic abilities to subsume it's consciousness. The process is strenuous to her own mind (permanently reduce Mind by 1). However is now a part of her, and completely under her control. (Change race to Special Human (Biomorhic Parasite). This does not affect your skills)

Spoiler: For Sherry (click to show/hide)

"Frank. Vaiae. Alice. Please assist, Crass is down and in need of urgent medical attention."

Attempt to stop Crass's bleeding.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
"shitshitshit"

Heal Crass. Using MAGIC!! Also locate what hurt him so that I can kill it before it kills me.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

Crass has his own bleeding under control. So you crowd around him, causing him much annoyance.

Thag hears the cry for help.  That then looks at his club.

Unsure what to do, Thag looks about for the source of the last gunshot, club at the ready.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thag menacing shakes his club at Sherry.

DMs Note. I'm adding a few new magic skills. If you would like to change current casting skills over to a new one, go ahead, just let me know.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2019, 08:01:12 pm »

Frank pockets the coins and inspects the plastic card and the phone.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2019, 08:02:54 pm »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Try to stand and walk to the medic
One of the others convinced the parasite to leave my body. Can anyone help patch up my carapace?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2019, 08:59:30 pm »

I also forgot to include a stealth skill. Feel free to exchange one of your skills too it.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2019, 11:12:59 pm »

Sherry emitted a pained groan as she tried to blink the pain away from her head. She'd have liked to massage it but it would be hard to do so while being restrained.
"Sorry about that. I was trying to remove the parasite and it kinda got the upper hand there for a moment. No hard feelings?" Sherry asked with a forced smile despite wincing from the pain.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2019, 01:11:58 am »

Are there any other places to explore, now that the monsters are down?  Past the room with the monsters?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2019, 04:14:50 am »

Crass turns around to look at Sherry, hand still pressing the bandage against his neck. He has an angry glint in his eyes.
"There are hard feelings! Extremely, extremely, hard feelings!"

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:36:23 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2019, 05:07:15 am »

"Great we haven't even been here an hour and someones already been mind controlled by the government and made to attempt to kill our doctor, this is all to keep us from finding the truth!"
He then stops paying attention to whats going on in the rest of the room and goes back to focusing on the lockers.

"I bet these lockers contain something important, you don't lock up shit you don't care about."
Use my tool kit to break the locks on the lockers and see what secrets they hold.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2019, 08:39:24 am »

No, there was a shot before you asked the parasite to switch bodies, how are you keeping it under control?

Hotfire90

« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2019, 08:52:02 am »

Alice picked up her two wand halves, she would fix them later when it was more quiet. She then turned around and saw that Sherry was currently being held to the ground by Ares.

"What's happening and who needs my help?"

Pick up my two wand halves, they should be less sticky due to being covered in water.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22