Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 56238 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #555 on: February 29, 2020, 03:26:59 pm »

The thick leather cover was somewhat worn at the corners, and unadorned. Not even the spine was labelled. But simply by holding it, Catherine could sense the power within. Massive, active, and necromantic in nature. Whatever the nature of this magic was, it dealt in perverting death. The particulars would be impossible to tell so long as the book remained shut.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 29, 2020, 04:47:48 pm »

Iris felt the power of necromancy as a dry, sterile smell. It annoyed her. Memories were coming back now...and not good ones.

Instead, she thought to herself that there was little art to be found here, little...inspiration. She felt less she had been in a battle and more that she had been doing some tedious and dull task. Instead of the rush of victory, Iris just felt tired. She reflected that she had not covered herself well in battle, she thought, and surely the others would judge her harshly...if they regarded her at all. Drained and despondent, she became colder and less friendly.

She kicked one of the skulls aside irreverently with a dainty boot and it collapsed into powder as it struck the cavern wall.

"...What waste of effort. All this to cheat death, only to end up as some shambling construction of animated bones dancing about like a gruesome puppet. Pathetic...worthless...meaningless...wasn't there a better way? A straighter path? There is no color here...

...I don't suppose any of these books are the grimoire we came to find?"
Iris recalled Ciera held a tracking crystal. "This place stinks. I'd rather not stay around."

"I'll search the far area."

And with that Vahn walked past everyone and dropped into the bone-pit.

Iris found herself wandering in Vahns direction, looking for any trouble that might still linger.

"...That doesn't seem very safe. Are you at home among the bones, old man?" She called out sourly, from the safety of the lip of the pit. "Perhaps you wish to clear yourself a resting spot?"
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:52:47 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 29, 2020, 04:56:09 pm »

"While I don't know for sure unless we have Ciera use the crystal to examine it, I believe I've found it. It feels very... dark, and not in the same way of the ancient magic I'm familiar with." Hm. She was familiar with dark magic despite not using it herself. Interesting.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 29, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »

"Death holds no concern for me, and so bones are merely that. Bones."

He poked around them some more, using his staff to shift them aside.

"I wonder... if one were to put the body of every person I've killed in this pit, how full would it be? I fear that perhaps it would overflow."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 29, 2020, 05:10:28 pm »

"While I don't know for sure unless we have Ciera use the crystal to examine it, I believe I've found it. It feels very... dark, and not in the same way of the ancient magic I'm familiar with." Hm. She was familiar with dark magic despite not using it herself. Interesting.

"The smell...is more familiar than I'd like to admit..."

"Death holds no concern for me, and so bones are merely that. Bones."

He poked around them some more, using his staff to shift them aside.

"I wonder... if one were to put the body of every person I've killed in this pit, how full would it be? I fear that perhaps it would overflow."

"The developing of any art requires one to spend certain resources." She replied evenly. "You honor those who succumbed to your skill by maintaining those standards of excellence that they were sacrificed towards...think of death not as a pit to be filled...and more of a sculpture, always a work in progress..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 29, 2020, 05:25:36 pm »

"Well then, that's that."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 29, 2020, 05:27:13 pm »

"We have very different reasons for doing what we do, miss Iris. My violence is purposeful destruction with no thought of creation in it, unlike you. I did not kill to grow or learn; I remember that it was anger that drove me."

Slowly and laboriously, Vahn pulled himself out of the pit, his joints creaking and audibly popping with the exertion.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 29, 2020, 06:36:20 pm »

Ciera groaned slightly as she regained consciousness, followed quickly by a blush as she remembered what had happened and realized who had found her. The mysterious bard...

"I thought I was getting better with the sword... Oh well, it's not like it's the most dangerous thing I've done before. ... I think. I think I was military, back before I was summoned here... So it would stand to reason that I've done more dangerous. I'll blame it on using a sword instead of my lance. It feels much more comfortable using a spear than this sword."

She stood up and stretched slightly, busying herself with checking over the equipment on her pegasus, before pulling out the crystal she had been given to help in their quest, taking a few sneaky glances at the man who had helped her along the way. He'd said she had a lovely face. Her hand itched, wanting to brush the stray hair out of his face. Her cheeks flushed at that though, unsure where it had come from. She needed to pull herself together.

"Thank you for your help, sir. Your magic is quite interesting, I must say. I want to ask you more about it, though I probably should go help with the search for the item that brought us here. I did take the crystal after all..."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 29, 2020, 06:48:33 pm »

Julius looked around him and smiled at their success upon seeing the bones crumble to dust.

...and then promptly had to stop himself from doubling over as he felt the ache in his chest intensify again. Was this some sort of affliction that he suffered? A curse or ailment? Perhaps he would have to ask the Guardian if he had any idea.

Once the pain faded he walked back to the others.

"I can not say that I find this environment we're in unfamiliar to myself, but what little I can remember is telling me that it isn't because of these abominations at the least. Curious..."

"But from what I do remember... I recall a deep sadness of hardship... and... and an ardent desire. A wish to be a paragon of the people, a true hero!"

He chuckled loudly at that statement and gave a sly grin.

"I suppose from my presence amongst our party we can make a strong guess as to how how that turned out. I imagine it must be quite the tale."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 29, 2020, 10:02:50 pm »

"We have very different reasons for doing what we do, miss Iris. My violence is purposeful destruction with no thought of creation in it, unlike you. I did not kill to grow or learn; I remember that it was anger that drove me."

Slowly and laboriously, Vahn pulled himself out of the pit, his joints creaking and audibly popping with the exertion.

After a moment, Iris extended a hand to the old man to help him up, passively curious as to his reaction.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 29, 2020, 10:53:19 pm »

After another moment, Vahn took her hand. He was too old and beaten to stand on his pride.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 29, 2020, 11:02:24 pm »

The bard laughs for a moment.
: "Ahah. Well, if you did ask, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to tell you much, given what I remember. I feel just as curious about your military history, but I get the feeling you can't tell me much at the moment, either. Still, though, seeing you fight was something. The way you and your pegasus moved in the air seemed... elegant, for lack of a better word."
He pauses, looking aside to the others in the group. At least, to Julius, and anyone else nearby who could listen.
: "Oh, that reminds me."
: "Everyone, could I get your attention for a minute? I've been wanting to get an answer to a question I've been having."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #567 on: February 29, 2020, 11:21:04 pm »

Hoshiko brushed herself off, poking at what remained of her wounds gingerly. Was she that rusty? She couldn't let herself slide like this, she had to stay sharp even with the king's forces defeated.
"Aha! The king! I remember now!" The archer realized after a moment that she was, in fact, among others, and cleared her throat. "Ahem, I mean, yes, this hero of justice will answer whatever query you have for her."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2020, 02:42:44 am »

While Otiros stood still almost like a statue pondering about some memories returning to his mind, his attention soon focused on the green haired man. His words made him cross his arms and give a brief nod in agreement.
"Same can be said about me, I am certain this is not 'home', even if I can only vaguely remember where I came from."
"But it is nice to know we have a hero of some sort in this mission...can't say I do carry a fancy title such as yours, as  a matter of fact I am a tad...confused right now."
The armored figured rubbed the side of his helmet and lowered the tone of his voice to make sure just Julius was going to hear this next words.
"I do remember serving as a general to someone...can't quite remember who-But the part that is currently bothering my mind is the title I was given; Demon Knight. That doesn't strike me as very...heroic title, you know."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 01, 2020, 12:16:06 pm »

After another moment, Vahn took her hand. He was too old and beaten to stand on his pride.

Iris helped him up and used her hands to lightly dust the bone dust off his cloak, in the idle manner of women used to tidying after men.

"Tis most unsightly. Grave dust does nothing for your complexion."

"...So, did the battle unlock any of your latent memories? Some of the others are already mentioning they recall certain things..."

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 73