Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 56201 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #570 on: March 01, 2020, 12:32:08 pm »

: "I've figured out something strange on the way here. Taking the ring that the Guardian gave us off, it alone does not render us unable to speak to each other. But, when I had both myself and Catherine take ours off in the Nexus, we couldn't understand what the other was saying."
The green-clad stranger proceeds to take his All-Tongues ring off for the third time as he speaks to Hoshiko, Ciera, and others in earshot.
: "But, I tried the same thing here, outside the Nexus with Julius, and we could understand each other regardless."
: "So, between those two times, only two things have changed: the location, and the people speaking. I'd like to figure out which one really made the difference, and to do that, I'd like as many people to take their rings off as possible here, and see if everyone can understand each other, or only some."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:33:40 pm by CrimsonEon »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 01, 2020, 12:39:32 pm »

"Some. Early memories. How I got this scar."

Vahn rubbed his throat absently.

"But I can't tell how much I remember... so much of it is quite similar. But I do know now that the names I was called were ones I planted. I had meant to be known as the Demon of Gahnawende. I'm not entirely certain why just yet. What about you? What do you recall?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 01, 2020, 12:41:14 pm »

"Oh, this experiment again. I didn't know you'd repeated it with someone else. You could understand each other? Hmmmm..."

With that, Catherine took off her ring again and waited for the others to be ready.

"I know he - has he actually introduced himself? - can't understand me, but I wonder if anyone else will..."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:45:03 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 01, 2020, 12:43:06 pm »

Certainly enough, the stranger's face flexes as Catherine speaks without the ring.
: "And now I can't understand Catherine again. That's another point to the idea that it's the people speaking..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 01, 2020, 12:44:36 pm »

Branwen, for her part, listens quietly to the group. Language was....already difficult for her, for some reason she could not quite recall but felt accurate, and she felt off speaking even with the rings on.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 01, 2020, 12:46:49 pm »

Catherine didn't hear anything intelligible from the man, but did take a note of what it sounded like to her; perhaps if she found a relation between languages it would imply different locations from the same world.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 01, 2020, 12:56:12 pm »

Ciera slipped off her ring as Alec talked about not understanding Catherine, while also finally unearthing the crystal that she'd taken command of.

"Ah, here we go, found it. Though, does it really matter how the rings work? I mean, we can understand each other, that's what really matters. Who cares if some of us can understand us without the rings?"

She didn't understand the fuss really. They had a job to do, an enemy to defeat! She walked over to Catherine, and presented the crystal with a gesture towards the books. She assumed the woman wouldn't be able to understand her words, but they could do this silly experiment at the same time that they were also looking for what they came here for.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 01, 2020, 12:58:52 pm »

Catherine found herself unable to understand Ciera once her ring was off, but what was unmistakable was the deep red glow that came from the crystal as Ciera moved it toward the book. The closer to the book the crystal went, the brighter it glowed.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2020, 12:59:32 pm »

The stranger blinks, turning his gaze to Ciera as she speaks.
: "It looks like I can understand you, as well. Then I wonder, are you able to understand Catherine now, and vice versa? You shouldn't..."
: "...but, if you can, things will have become much more confusing."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 01, 2020, 01:00:26 pm »

"While I can't understand a word of what you're saying, that crystal does seem to be reacting. This would be the artifact, then."
Sigtext!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 01, 2020, 01:10:15 pm »

Ciera stopped in her path and turned to face the mysterious bard, hand with the crystal in it dropping back down to her side.

"H-huh... I can understand you, yes. But I can't understand anything Catherine is saying. Though we do seem to have found the artifact..."

Why could she understand him and not Catherine? Were they connected somehow? No, that was just her being silly with wishful thinking. There was probably just something weird going on, something she wouldn't be able to understand anyways. Still, she took a few steps back towards Alec, and waited to see if he had anything more to say.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 01, 2020, 01:12:38 pm »

As Ciera's hand moved away from Catherine, and the crystal with it, the glow subsided.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2020, 01:26:10 pm »

The stranger nods as Ciera explains her own perception.
: "I see. Catherine likely can't understand either of us, yet we can understand each other."
He slips his own ring back on. Catherine would want to hear this.
: "Ciera and I are able to understand each other, but it seems we cannot understand you. And if my thoughts are correct, Ciera would also be able to understand Julius."
: "There's a connection between us three. It could be a number of things, but the clearest explanation, given the purported function of the rings, is language. If so, combined with what the Guardian was saying about us being from different worlds, then then the odds are pretty good that Ciera, Julius and I are from the same world, while you are from a different one."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:28:48 pm by CrimsonEon »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2020, 01:34:17 pm »

"Some. Early memories. How I got this scar."

Vahn rubbed his throat absently.

"But I can't tell how much I remember... so much of it is quite similar. But I do know now that the names I was called were ones I planted. I had meant to be known as the Demon of Gahnawende. I'm not entirely certain why just yet. What about you? What do you recall?"

"...It will take some for me to speak to thou the whole story, or for me to fully understand. The memories are...very confusing. There was a time of great change...and my world was fading away like a summer dream...but, I had a strange hope. Like a madness upon me...it was all consuming.

These memories are like a cold spot in a room. I don't wish to dwell on it o'ermuch..."
She said evenly. To her it felt like a storm. A passion had dominated her-destroyed her-then rebuilt her in another image.

But who's image was she now?

"...Oh, everyone is playing the ring game again. Shall we?"

Iris removed her ring after a short while, and spoke...

"私は装甲獣が大嫌いです!"*

*I hate armored beasts!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2020, 01:35:49 pm »

Catherine nodded as the man spoke.

"That would be my hypothesis as well. While I'm not a linguist by any means, you both at least sounded like you were speaking the same language to me."
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 73