Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Vanilla Tea Mafia: TOWN VICTORY  (Read 55791 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: Day One: A Hanging Scroll
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2019, 08:24:23 pm »

I'm very confident that we have a cop this game.
I mean. Seeing as we're playing a vanilla game... I suppose a cop-role is likely enough? Why do you believe this declaration of yours to be so, and what is your motivation in saying it?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2019, 11:42:46 pm »

Well, things seem to be getting interesting. But Time is ticking and trickling away, and I still don't have much in the way of reads.

Alright now it's time for my typical bullshit.

Ho hum.

I myself have a hunch that there is an SK.

Superdorf: do you think we are still in the RVS? Why/why not?
Has something happened?
Mm... I'm gonna say we're mostly free of RVS by now. The closest thing we had to an interesting case turned out to be mostly a wild goose chase... but we do now have a bunch of interesting player-interaction to look at. We can start making proper observations and whatnot on each other's behavior-- our questions don't have to be random anymore.

For instance: IonMatrix is really on edge for some reason, but isn't actually attacking anybody-- though there's a wealth of material for him to sink teeth into! Maybe he's just self-conscious town-- certainly I've done the same-- but all the same, the thing merits looking into.
This last bit is intriguing.
So far you've discussed the idea that IonMatrixlooks dubious, and encouraged him to engage and scumhunt. This is all good. But I don't see you "looking into" IonMatrix's play any more - are you implying that someone else should?

An emotional diagnosis of "really on edge for some reason" is a particularly fascinating choice of words. I can't exactly ask you to scumhunt someone for being nervy, as IonMatrix seems to be with his apologies for lateness and ketchup and all. But all the same, you certainly imply that there is a reason they're on edge, and that there may well be an interesting reason... which in the context of us playing mafia, could only really be that they're scum/sk, right?

I totally agree with what you're telling IonMatrix and Naturegirl: that they ought to scumhunt and help town, rather than just defending themselves. But there's something a little off about stating someone's emotional vibe looks scummy then giving them understanding advice about how to have a different mindset immediately after. Are you scumhunting or advising here?

I'd ask a general question, but I don't think there's anything I'd rather people think about than scumhunting.
One wheel short of a wagon

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2019, 01:01:47 am »

Anyway. Your recent words make me curious: have you played Mafia before? If so, how many games (if any) have you played as mafia, or as a hostile third-party?
As I said before, no.
Also, poke more people please. You're really not making yourself look good right now.
I think I said before that the reason I'm not voting anyone because I don't find anyone suspicous. But sure, I'll use a random number generater.

Fake Edit:
I used a RNG and ended up with myself :P. So:
Myself, why are you not poking anyone?

There, I hope that satisfies you  :P.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2019, 01:06:48 am »

Ok. Uh, I'll try again, just in case the last post had the opposite affect.
Ah! I got a one, so:

Naturegirl1999, can you explain why you didn't answer some questions you were asked?

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
  • Deleting things since 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2019, 06:31:20 am »

Unvote.

Nope! Double posts remain doubled, no matter how quickly you post 'em. There's a short time limit between posts, tho. 180 seconds or some such.
Excellent. It's less painful this way.

Pooka: You seem to be focusing on mechanical analysis in a game where not only do "All players have a special role of some kind" but at least some roles are even more complex than that.[OP] Do you think this sort of reasoning is going to be important as the game progresses, or do you think non-mechanical scumtells and reads will be the key to lynching scum?
I think both mechanical analysis and non-mechanical scumtells is key to lynching scum. Besides telling us of what roles are possibly in play, it also tells us something about the scum team. Do they have a godfather? A strongman? That sort of info will help eventually.

Pooka: What are your thoughts on the game so far?
Compared to the games I was having over at GOG, this game looks a lot more complex. I'm not sure why it appears so, perhaps it's because there's a lot more quantity to read over (it's like two or three days now and there's like about 80 game relevant posts outside of the sign up posts) and each post is densely packed, but, anywho, the game itself.

There's so far still nobody I'm getting scum feelings about. Yes, there's IonMatrix asking about "over-powered" roles which can be taken as rolefishing, but in my opinion, it's not a decent scumtell; many townies did it. Yes, scum may ask questions considered "rolefishing" but finding scumtells is a much harder, subtle art.

Also, I find 4maskwolf's "very confident' declaration of there being a cop in the game interesting. I'd like to take it as a sort of implication that he is "very confident" in what he said because he is the cop? But that doesn't strike me well, because if he is not scum, he pretty much got himself offed during Night 1, essentially wasting his role. It could be because of the "all players have a special role of some kind" thing and he's deducing it off that, but that isn't a guarantee that there would be a cop...
Code: [Select]
> os.delete("real_life.py")

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2019, 06:48:34 am »

Ah! I got a one, so:

Naturegirl1999, can you explain why you didn't answer some questions you were asked?
Sometimes I miss questions

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2019, 07:16:26 am »

Quote from: Votecount
Naturegirl1999: NJW2000 (1)
Superdorf: Naturegirl1999 (1)
IonMatrix: 4maskwolf (1)

Not voting: Superdorf, IonMatrix, Pooka, Persus13

Day One ends on 2019-08-22 15:00 UTC.
Extension is available, requiring 4 votes.
Hammering is available, requiring 5 votes.

Soon, the strangers were almost ready with their preparations. Only one decision remained.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2019, 07:59:48 am »

Crap. I'm so sorry. It's very late when the game started, so I fell asleep. Now I just woke up in midnight everybody seemed to already postted a lot. (Day in your area is night in my area.)

Oh, and Superdorf, I didn't drink enough ketchup, or else I wouldn't be this late.
Why post about lateness?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2019, 10:17:28 am »

I mean. Seeing as we're playing a vanilla game... I suppose a cop-role is likely enough? Why do you believe this declaration of yours to be so, and what is your motivation in saying it?
No comment.

unvote, I don't really have any reason to keep voting Ion with less than one third of the day left, I'm gonna look through the thread a couple times and see if anything catches my eye.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2019, 10:46:30 am »

Well, things seem to be getting interesting. But Time is ticking and trickling away, and I still don't have much in the way of reads.

Alright now it's time for my typical bullshit.

Ho hum.

I myself have a hunch that there is an SK.
Why are you too so confident about those roles? Did some behavior tip either of you to these hunches?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2019, 11:25:58 am »

Alas, my internet went out this morning... I'm here now, tho!

NJW2000
So far you've discussed the idea that IonMatrixlooks dubious, and encouraged him to engage and scumhunt. This is all good. But I don't see you "looking into" IonMatrix's play any more - are you implying that someone else should?
I'm trying I'm trying! Slowly.

An emotional diagnosis of "really on edge for some reason" is a particularly fascinating choice of words. I can't exactly ask you to scumhunt someone for being nervy, as IonMatrix seems to be with his apologies for lateness and ketchup and all. But all the same, you certainly imply that there is a reason they're on edge, and that there may well be an interesting reason... which in the context of us playing mafia, could only really be that they're scum/sk, right?
Right... but he could also just be nervy town. I'm not sure which yet.

I totally agree with what you're telling IonMatrix and Naturegirl: that they ought to scumhunt and help town, rather than just defending themselves. But there's something a little off about stating someone's emotional vibe looks scummy then giving them understanding advice about how to have a different mindset immediately after. Are you scumhunting or advising here?
Mm... yes.

See, I can't quite tell whether these two are just town unsure what to do with themselves... or scum trying to remain beneath notice. If they're town, I want to make 'em step up their game. If they're scum, I want to rat 'em out. So I'm trying to do both at once, and it's... not really working so well.  ::)

IonMatrix
Anyway. Your recent words make me curious: have you played Mafia before? If so, how many games (if any) have you played as mafia, or as a hostile third-party?
As I said before, no.
Thank you.

I think I said before that the reason I'm not voting anyone because I don't find anyone suspicous. But sure, I'll use a random number generater.

Fake Edit:
I used a RNG and ended up with myself :P. So:
Myself, why are you not poking anyone?

There, I hope that satisfies you  :P.
It does not. I'd rather you be jocular than nervy, but this doesn't contribute to the game at all. You're just parroting something I already said about you.
But do me a favor and answer the question you've asked yourself! I'm curious to see what comes of it.

Ah! I got a one, so:

That's better I suppose. Why are you using an RNG to determine who you question? Have you no opinions of your own on who needs questioning right now?

4maskwolf

No comment.

This disturbs me. Without further information, I'm inclined to believe one of the following:

- You have some kind of strange town-gambit in mind
- or you're trying to ferret out a cop.

You accused IonMatrix of "rolefishing" earlier. Could it be that you're engaging in a bit of "rolefishing" yourself?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2019, 03:07:12 pm »

Reminder and clarification: if there is a tie when the Day ends, the lynchee will be chosen randomly of the tied options. If you wish not to lynch anyone, you must specifically vote for "no lynch".

Quote from: Votecount
Naturegirl1999: NJW2000 (1)
Superdorf: Naturegirl1999 (1)

Not voting: Superdorf, IonMatrix, Pooka, 4maskwolf, Persus13

Day One ends on 2019-08-22 15:00 UTC.
Extension is available, requiring 4 votes.
Hammering is available, requiring 5 votes.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2019, 04:59:02 pm »

*yawns* ok I'm awake now!

Did the voting people forget to take of their pressure vote or something? Personally, I think we should refrain from lynching on day one unless someone os so scummy he/she just HAS to be scum. But again, I'm the least experienced player here, so I want to hear what everybody's opinion before voting for no lynch.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2019, 05:30:18 pm »

Persus13

There hasn't been enough interaction to find anything super scummy and the town can't afford an afk player.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2019, 05:38:22 pm »

Yes, Persus13 hasn’t posted in a while
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27