- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106995 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #615 on: October 19, 2019, 02:54:59 pm »

We kill one, they do the buddy system, they start watching out for themselves..

That's effort.  It's less time wandering around looking for new people to abduct, or talk over into becoming new criminals.  It's a bit more hesitation when trying to shake down a newcomer to the district or a new business moving in.

And then we don't take out a pair.  We wait a month or two for them to get tired of it and spread out again, and start causing more problems.  Take it slow.

We can't take out a city's worth of criminals?  Sure, no problem.  We don't have to.  There aren't going to be ten thousand on our doorstep because one person's dead, they just don't have that much loyalty to each other.  They might if we went out campaigning and killing everyone.  But one specific person isn't everyone.

You're right that open warfare is riskier than doing nothing.  But doing nothing costs you something every day.  And it isn't you deciding how much the next day costs, but the guy pushing you around.

I do think we should eventually make a campaign of it, but I think we need to get help and grow stronger first.  At the same time, I think we should get this guy now, because it's a good opportunity to help someone.

I don't think it's all or nothing, whatever we decide now, but I do feel that we might end up incapable of properly defending things if we consistantly choose to not try.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 03:14:35 pm by Devastator »

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 19, 2019, 03:25:46 pm »

It may be less time causing trouble if they do the buddy system ... unless they bring in more men from other areas of operations to be able to effectively abduct/rob/intimidate the residents of this area. Once we start hitting back the criminals will start pushing for bigger payments for "protection",and act more aggressively when robbing people, I don't think that any crime boss that wants to stay in power is going to allow themselves to look weak in front of their minions. They are going to push their men harder to maintain a tight grip on the local area.

We are one young dragon. yes, dragons are awesome and so, by extension we are awesome. but an army of one we are not. If we start this gang war, Ali and her parents won't be thanking us for stirring up the pot and causing them greater stress/danger/loss of money.

Also, if we assume (as I believe we both do) that the alien that goes around to all of the rooms is a thug collecting "protection dues", then they already know where we live and what we look like. The risk to Ali and her parents is much higher than I am personally comfortable with(we can always run away into the tunnels if it goes F.U.B.A.R. ) .

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 19, 2019, 03:46:57 pm »

Give 40 credits and the gun.  Or do nothing.  Those are my opinions.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 19, 2019, 06:24:57 pm »

Yeah.. and we can wait on that.  One person didn't start a whole gang war.  And I know this because they're down one "person" already, in the form of that robot.  One more won't start a whole war.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 20, 2019, 02:17:07 am »

Why the hell are people so gung ho on attacking a gang we know nothing about, that's kind of vigilante shit that'll get us and maybe Ali and her parents killed.

Also what makes everyone think the guy that comes around and gets money is a gang member, how do you know he isn't just the landlord?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 20, 2019, 02:37:23 am »

Why the hell are people so gung ho on attacking a gang we know nothing about, that's kind of vigilante shit that'll get us and maybe Ali and her parents killed.

Also what makes everyone think the guy that comes around and gets money is a gang member, how do you know he isn't just the landlord?
I’m not gong ho about it, nor do I assume the landlord isn’t the landlord. Though we seem to be the minority

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 20, 2019, 02:48:02 am »

I think there's probably two people getting money.  An actual landlord, and a thug.  There were two different people mentioned as coming by recieving payment.  Also, payment was weekly, when I'd expect an actual landlord to demand payment less often.  Weekly just screams 'thug' to me.

Also, from the vote count, people against attacking the gang are in the majority.

Lastly, as for vigilante shit.. well.. it's something nobody else can, or will, do, and it's a problem everyone shares.  Who else?  I wouldn't mind finding out more about them, but I don't think anyone will tell us anything.  Eiwhyl refused to do so earlier.  Maybe Iseng'ila will.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:51:07 am by Devastator »

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 23, 2019, 02:08:50 pm »

Quote from: box
Choices:
No help:(0)
Limited material help: (1) Carefulrogue
Forceful intervention: (0)
Surrender to Graad: (0)
Just going to start this, see if we can get something rolling.  Log your votes, and then we can decide how we want to move them; I myself just want to get moving, and we can decide what we want to do with a clearer alignment on the positions.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 23, 2019, 02:30:15 pm »

Choices:
Limited material help: (2) Carefulrogue, natgirl1999

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 24, 2019, 02:25:40 am »

Choices:
Limited material help: (3) Carefulrogue, natgirl1999, King Zultan
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 24, 2019, 03:00:28 am »

..didn't we already vote?  It's up top there.

I mean, what I voted for, C, lost, but why can't we stick with the above result rather than voting a second time?

It seems odd to call for a revote when your choice won.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 03:05:52 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 24, 2019, 03:17:10 am »

I thought he was wanting a concise idea of what we were voting for.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #627 on: October 24, 2019, 05:50:01 am »

Quote from: Poll
Help? How?

A1. No help
    - 1 (10%)
A2. Send to tunnels
    - 2 (20%)
B1. Give credits
    - 2 (20%)
B2. Give credits and sonic rifle
    - 2 (20%)
C1. Ambush at her apartment
    - 3 (30%)
C2. Fight somewhere else
    - 0 (0%)
D. Give her to Graad
    - 0 (0%)
Other (please specify)
    - 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10
I'm good enough with that. I've started writing the next post.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 24, 2019, 10:16:55 am »

The idea Zultan was to get a more useful functionality that also allowed us to figure out who is where on a given idea, and take into consideration vote changes.  It gives us and Parisbre a more easily understood idea of where the herd is. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #629 on: October 26, 2019, 04:38:05 am »

You consider your options. This is not an easy choice. These people... Knowing they're near your home, it makes you angry. You want to deal with them. Remove them. Kill them. Eat them. For Ali's sake. For your sake. For everyone's sake. You know how. Just set up an ambush. One sneak attack and they'll be gone. Easy. But... even though the inhabitants of this world are fragile and weak, there's a reason they survive. There's a reason those people cause so much fear. Numbers. Tools. Maybe other things you don't know about. What if you lose? You only have one life. And in the end, your life is the most important. And by extension, the lives of those who care about you. What if they escape and attack them? You can't protect them all the time. But you don't want to lose them. You don't want to lose Ali.

In the end, you fear that there's too much to lose and too little to gain. Under no circumstances should you get directly involved. ... But at the same time, it feels as if you should at least do something. You don't know why. Maybe it's because you hate feeling this fear and powerlessness and want to feel like you have at least some control over the situation. Or maybe it's because you know what it's like to be alone and afraid and on the run, searching for a safe place to rest. You can't provide her with a home, like Mom and Dad did for you, but you can give her some help.

You search your pack until you find the credit chip you were looking for. As you approach Iseng'ela, you see Eiwhyl giving you a disapproving look but she says nothing. You nudge her and present the credits to her. There's momentary confusion in her eyes before she accepts the credits.

Lost item: Yellow credit chip (100 credits)

"I... I don't understand."
It's strange. You expected her to be a bit more relieved, but she's still filled with desperation.
"For home." you explain.
"But these are barely enough to cover rent for one day! How am I supposed to-"
"Didn't you say he was paying you 'good money'? Just use some of that."
She shrinks, embarrassed, as if she'd prefer it for the ground to swallow her up so she could escape this.
"I can't, he... The credits were in my apartment and I can't go back there."
Eiwhyl scoffs but says nothing.
"Stay in Maintenance Tunnels. Use credits for food." you suggest, trying to be helpful.
"I can't stay there! What if something attacks me? What if-"
"Look, he gave you credits. That's more than I would do. Just be happy you got that much and leave."
Iseng'ela looks into your and Eiwhyl's eyes, from one to the other, looking for something, anything to hold onto.
"Out. Now."
She gets up and starts slowly walking towards the door, defeated. She pauses at the threshold.
"I never thought you'd be so mean."
Eiwhyl just grunts in response.
"You're evil. Everyone in this forsaken world is evil." she mutters.
She walks outside and the door closes behind her.

Eiwhyl emits a long sigh and rests her head on the counter.
"As if I didn't have enough trouble already."

This night does not proceed like the others. Eiwhyl's behavior is different. Instead of going to sleep she stays with you. She lets you do most of the work and merely exchanges a few words with her patients, remaining otherwise quiet. When you try to talk to her abut what happened she very clearly tells you she doesn't want to talk about it, so you drop it. Instead you talk about things like food and drink, the weather and the latest holovids. Neither of you are very good at holding conversations, so they are long, staggered affairs, a few short exchanges of words separated by long periods of silence.

Eiwhyl drinks something called "Trash Grog" and offers you some. You take an experimental lap out of her glass. It is somehow both pleasant but also manages to burn your throat and tongue so you decide not to drink more for now. Eiwhyl probably comes to the same conclusion, as she stops drinking after a few sips and just goes back to sitting around and messing with her datapad.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

If you have nothing you want to do or talk about at the moment let me know and I'll continue.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 83