- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106996 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #585 on: October 17, 2019, 08:12:35 pm »

I don't think there is any way to prevent them from knowing we're involved, unless they just recapture her again.  If she escapes, they'll go after everyone she knows, which will include the hospital, and then we'll be in it too.  We're only going to escape scot-free if we let them enslave her.

I'd much rather be able to dictate the tone of the encounter by being there when we're not expected.  One of the general rules about fighting is that if you're going to fight, you should fight as hard as you can.  Providing her help is fighting, but it's not fighting as hard as we can.  If we want to come after them when we're bigger and stronger, sure, that's not unreasonable, but we shouldn't be doing it because we can't think of a better thing to do.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2019, 10:21:49 pm »

I don't see any way that conflict won't make our situation much worse,

Option 1: boyfriend is alone and unarmed, I feel that this is very unlikely, If we kill him in front of this woman then she turns into a huge liability, we cannot trust that she won't tell others about the dragon from the med lab that killed her boyfriend. We don't need that kind of attention.

Option 2: boyfriend is alone and armed, more likely, Odds are good that he will be able to hurt/kill us or the woman if we try to arrange some kind of ambush, we are still young and small and are not cut out for that kind of fight.

Option 3: armed and with backup, most likely, he is a gang member trying to intimidate her into coming back into the fold and having some of his buddies around to intimidate her would make sense from that perspective. We are not even close to being able to take out that kind of threat and we will die.

If the gang members come to Eiwhyl's looking for this woman, it will probably be during the day when we aren't there, or at night when the lab is locked and we can alert Eiwhyl to their presence and let her call the police.

Even if we win the fight, there will be evidence/witnesses of our actions. We are not ready to fight a gang war over some woman that we have never met before. Eiwhyl has no intention of helping her, and the more I think about it the more I think she has the right idea.

I still vote to give her some money and tell her to run as far as she can.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 17, 2019, 10:23:12 pm »

If we move in with this woman, then we will be effectively abandoning Ali and her parents. The odds of them letting us back into their homes/hearts will be very low.

I recommend that we offer her enough credits to start a new life somewhere else where she can be safe.

We don't have to move in with her, we only have to guard her when she's vulnerable.  Namely, when she's asleep.  During the day she can stay outside of the apartment and in public areas where she's much less likely to be found, much more likely to be protected by civilian eyes/police, and much more likely to find long-term arrangements.  I don't support moving in with her entirely, but essentially taking a vacation from Eiwhyl's job for a few days and using that time to guard Iseng'ila instead.  We'd still go home to Ali in the day.

This way, the only direct loss is a few days pay, which is less than what people are discussing giving Iseng'ila anyway.  For that price, we gain an ally, and essentially a break from our exhausting job; while guarding the lady, we can just laze about most of the time, we don't need to be active until the pimp comes knocking.  We also are essentially shielding Eiwhyl from involvement, because the pimp is sure to visit Iseng'ila's apartment before visiting Eiwhyl, who they probably won't visit while we're around, unlike Iseng'ila.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2019, 10:24:55 pm »

Have we seen any evidence that the police exist around these parts?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2019, 10:26:00 pm »

I vote we give her money and/or the gun as well
+1
+1

Give her half our savings, show her where we hid our rifle.

It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:36:31 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2019, 10:27:36 pm »

I'm becoming more and more convinced that another thing that's better than nothing would be murder. But we should ask if she's okay with that first.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2019, 10:32:15 pm »

Somewhere in the world, yeah, but they don't seem to come around here.

I do think you're underestimating our combat potential, freeman.  We've killed a powerful and well=armed robot already, and that was when we were smaller and less capable than we are now.

In truth, I think it's like that.  If Iseng'ila escapes the criminals, they will come here to look for her, and then we'll be involved anyway, we can't let them threaten the wounded, right?  Or maybe try to kidnap Eiwhyl.  I think the only way we don't get an encounter is if they take Iseng'ila back, but I'm not prepared to accept that when we should be strong enough to protect one person from some thugs.  And if they're down a couple of soldiers, the gang might decide it's not worth pursuing her.

I'd rather risk them coming after us than other people, and I don't think there's any way to avoid conflict that doesn't result in them taking Iseng'ila again.  Giving her a gun and a pile of money?  Generous, but we'll still end up fighting them if she escapes them, all the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2019, 10:33:52 pm »

Option 1: boyfriend is alone and unarmed, I feel that this is very unlikely, If we kill him in front of this woman then she turns into a huge liability, we cannot trust that she won't tell others about the dragon from the med lab that killed her boyfriend. We don't need that kind of attention.

The pimp is not a boyfriend, and while the woman telling people about us killing someone is bad, she's probably intelligent enough to realize that she shouldn't incriminate her savior.

You do make a decent point here, and we should definitely confirm with Iseng'ila that she's afraid of being killed, and knows we might have to kill the man to defend her.  Draggie prolly isn't wise enough to understand the need, but he is wise enough to discuss the details of what he'll be doing, since Eiwhyl's job has had many details.

Option 2: boyfriend is alone and armed, more likely, Odds are good that he will be able to hurt/kill us or the woman if we try to arrange some kind of ambush, we are still young and small and are not cut out for that kind of fight.

We've already fought and killed an armed robot, without medical supplies available, and ended up healthy enough afterward to get back home on our own, alone.  This guy is fleshy, probably more poorly armed, we have medical supplies now, a person there who can call for help (and likely knows how to treat us, since she used to work with Iseng'ila), and we're bigger to boot.  Everything points towards us being able to win that fight without too much risk.

Option 3: armed and with backup, most likely, he is a gang member trying to intimidate her into coming back into the fold and having some of his buddies around to intimidate her would make sense from that perspective. We are not even close to being able to take out that kind of threat and we will die.

This is a more dangerous option, but is less likely of the two.  They definitely won't be carrying heavy weapons like rifles, because they need to be concealable, and I'd be absolutely amazed if more than two or three guys went to intimidate a single already-intimidated woman.  It's very likely to be a fight we can win, though no, it isn't without risk.  Just because it's risky doesn't mean we should chicken out.

If the gang members come to Eiwhyl's looking for this woman, it will probably be during the day when we aren't there, or at night when the lab is locked and we can alert Eiwhyl to their presence and let her call the police.

(I already mentioned this above, they will likely visit Eiwhyl during the day when we aren't there either way.)

I still vote to give her some money and tell her to run as far as she can.

Definitely don't give her money.  That money is ours, and we don't know her, nor do we know how money would help.  If this problem could be solved with a small investment, Eiwhyl could part with that much, considering the amount she's already paid us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2019, 10:40:17 pm »

Bah, too many arguments, and I like them all... my head, it is muchly confused.
Still, whatever else we do

confirm with Iseng'ila that she's afraid of being killed, and knows we might have to kill the man to defend her.

this is worth doing. +1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 17, 2019, 11:53:25 pm »

I suppose the simpler question is, what alignment are we going to take?  Right now I think we're in the territory of somewhere between neutral and evil, though that could change and be more defined in the future.  If we want to be moderately good/neutral, we help.  If we want to do it for our own reasons, neutral.  If we turn away for our own selfish reasons, neutral/evil. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 17, 2019, 11:58:17 pm »

Doctor Dragon is a force for good.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 18, 2019, 12:19:48 am »

I'm amused at the idea of being a terrifying killing machine doing good, while remaining a terrifying killing machine.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 18, 2019, 02:30:53 am »

I'm still of the opinion that we don't get involved and remove ourselves from the situation.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #598 on: October 18, 2019, 04:08:22 am »

I added a poll to make tracking people's support for a suggestion easier.

I'll consider options with the same letter to be essentially the same vote, the number merely indicating preference. I think it's the easier option that preserves some choice. If you want to organize some preferential voting system instead, go right ahead.

Tell me if there's something I missed or something you think I should change.

I'll leave it up for at least the weekend.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 04:17:19 am by Parisbre56 »

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 18, 2019, 12:21:59 pm »

If we start down the path of violence, forever will  it dominate our path. This pimp is part of a criminal network of unknown size. This gang could control half the planet for all we know. If we kill this pimp, his friends are going to be looking for revenge and are going to be much more aggressive than if they were just looking for this woman.

If we kill this guy and it gets back to us (Our kills are pretty obvious/distinct, bite marks and such) it will fall on Ali and her parents (we have been seen walking around with Ali out in public) and they are gonna get killed or turned into sex slaves or some such horrible thing. In short, if we kill this guy we will be effectively declaring war on an enemy force that we have no intelligence about.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 83