Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Interplanetary Arms Race: The Network  (Read 27413 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interplanetary Arms Race: Side One
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2019, 04:13:49 pm »

Quote from: RoBox?
ORIGINS:
Medula's Log: (0)
Death World: (0)
Odyssey of Steel: (0)
Rise of Machines: (1) MoP
Synthetic Directorate: (0)
Replacements: (0)

REVISION:
MultiEnvironmental Tactical Armored Suit: (2) MoP, Carefulrogue
Mining Transport, Mk. 1, "Mucker": (0)

Redoing voting for our origin as discussed on Discord since someone left and a general lack of activity means people who aren't participating had significant impact in our backstory. Keep in mind though that there is currently a lore submission in place for the contest and credit. A swap to another origin would require new lore, and I'm trying to focus on my own arms races right now. Unless someone else is going to write lore for the contest before Madman's back from his trip or whatnot we may have to deal with, at the current level of activity by people who do not identify as Man of Paper, having no lore submission and forfeiting the credit or even further delay in the turn, which notably we are already responsible for delaying by, what, a week? Two? Also of note, not to call people out but also it's kind of necessary, the people who seem most willing to be human have stated multiple times that there would be some sort of origin or lore proposal, and have also stated that there is a significant lack of willpower to write something out. I don't mind being unhappy with our decision in lore, but I very much mind handing over free credits or delaying a game well past reasonable limits (of which I think we're already guilty anyway).

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2019, 05:15:43 pm »

ORIGINS:
Death World: (0)
Rise of Machines: (2) MoP, Carefulrogue

REVISION:
MultiEnvironmental Tactical Armored Suit: (2) MoP, Carefulrogue
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2019, 05:14:47 pm »

ORIGINS:
Death World: (1) Doomblade

REVISION:
MultiEnvironmental Tactical Armored Suit: (3) MoP, Carefulrogue, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2019, 02:14:01 pm »

Quote from: Box
ORIGINS:
The Authority: (1) Twinwolf

REVISION:
MultiEnvironmental Tactical Armored Suit: (4) MoP, Carefulrogue, Doomblade, Twinwolf
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2019, 10:34:09 pm »

Proposal: MultiEnvironmental Tactical Armored Suit
The METAS is a military-grade overhaul of the basic civilian space suit. We've cut down on some of the suit's unnecessary bulk in order to facilitate ease of movement, added reinforcement and light armor plating around the head, torso, and air supply, and threw some magnetic boots in for use in ships/stations without gravity - real or otherwise.

Multi-Environmental Tactical Armored Suit
Difficulty: Easy
Roll: 1+2+1 = 4 = Below Average

The METAS is, well, a thing. It's not really much less bulky than the basic suit since we had to add some armor, it's not too well armored, and the magnetic boots occasionally flicker a bit. But it does have enough armor and was already made of some ballistic fiber, so it's not like it's terrible or anything, it's just a thoroughly mediocre improvement. We think that there's plenty of work that COULD be done, we just didn't really get to it. We had fun shooting spare bolts into the reactor core using the magnetic boot coils, though!

Wait was this not supposed to make it into the report? How do I erase this? Shut it off? Which button, maybe this---

It is now the Turn 1 LOGISTICS PHASE. Plan what ships you want (they'll be ready to deploy immediately), where you want to send them, how many units you'd like to construct and how you're going to deploy them.

Combat, here we come! Get your lore together, there is a substantial reward riding on it! No, really, you have a week. I want an actual faction out of you guys, instead of Camp Robot versus Camp Literally Anything But Robots versus...well there isn't really a "faction" trying to reconcile you guys it was just Twinwolf. Good job, Twin. You successfully made everybody unhappy, just like a compromise should :P

Spoiler: Side One Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Side One Logistics (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2019, 09:23:56 am »

Quote from: Phase 1: Bootup
SPP:
3x ITC
3x Logos
= 12/16 SPP Used

GPP:
4x Basic Military Unit
-4x Trephine
= 12/22 GPP Used

Orders:
All Logos are to make their way to Charlie and await further orders.
Two ITCs are loaded with a BMU. The third ITC receives an extra BMU.

ITC-01000001 and it's single complement of troops are deployed to Alpha in order to secure the planet to facilitate industrial operations. The ITC is used to communicate between planets and will remain stationed at Alpha until we can deploy a ground-based communications system.
ITC-01000010 and it's single complement of troops are deployed to Bravo in order to secure the planet to facilitate industrial operations. The ITC is used to communicate between planets and will remain stationed at Bravo until we can deploy a ground-based communications system.
ITC-01000011 and it's full load of two BMUs are deployed to Charlie in order to secure the planet to facilitate industrial operations. The ITC is used to communicate between planets and will remain stationed at Charlie until we can deploy a ground-based communications system.

(Note: I am assuming madman will not apply the 2 speed engines retroactively for the ITC as he hasn't stated so before the start of the planning phase with which that would be a mildly important detail. The 2-Speed engines were indeed applied. I am also assuming, perhaps wrongly, that ITCs have okay radios)
This'll let us get some sort of defense on our chokepoint before we actually get dudes there, as a Speed 2 engine on their combat ship would potentially let the enemy show up next turn. It also sets our scouts up to probe/harrass Golf next turn via all three midplanets, meaning unless the enemy also spread out to travel across all three that even if they sent forces our way we increase the chance of a scout getting through unscathed.

Next turn we should make sure to get bigger shuttles so we can actually put big things in the ITCs, and also upgrade the ITCs themselves. If we manage to do that (both potentially revision-worthy changes) then we could manage to get the command radio to Charlie at the same time that our dudes arrive there. I imagine the middle planets are going to be hotly contested, so turtling to a mild degree wouldn't be the worst idea. We could also, and this is just an idea, utilize the ITCs as assigned ferries for specific planets. While we want Charlie to be our Cadia, Able and Bravo should be even harder to crack.

Also, assigned ITC names can be changed if desired, though if we go fleshlings we can always say that's their VIN.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:07:47 pm by Man of Paper »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2019, 08:57:13 am »

ORIGINS:

PLAN:
Phase 1: Bootup: (1) MoP

Y'all's gon' piss madman off brah

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2019, 09:30:50 am »

Fack I thought I'd voted.

ORIGINS:

PLAN:
Phase 1: Bootup: (2) MoP, Twinwolf
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2019, 12:00:41 am »

MoP, is there any particular reason you suggest we don't utilize our final 4 SPP?
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2019, 12:33:05 am »

Because I imagine if they're deployed that they take up the points, and that it's not a per-turn expenditure but more of a way to cap total units. But I could be misremembering rules. If we pop out something bigger than the scouts that should let us poop one out without sacrificing a deployed ship.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2019, 12:36:00 am »

ORIGINS:

PLAN:
Phase 1: Bootup: (3) MoP, Twinwolf, Carefulrogue

Still haven't seen a well detailed lore proposal for humans.  I'd like to get the credits--whatever they are, unless madman is bluffing--so for now I can deal with some of the unlikable things about robots.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2019, 07:26:44 pm »

Upon finding out we have Speed-2 ITCs, I also propose this plan:

Quote from: Phase 1: rush.exe
SPP:
5x ITC
3x Logos
= 16/16 SPP Used

GPP:
7x Basic Military Unit
-7x Trephine
-7x Printed Pistol
= 21/22 GPP Used

Orders:
All Logos are to make their way to Charlie and await further orders.
Two ITCs are loaded with a BMU. The rest of the ITCs receives two BMUs. All BMUs receive the Trephine as well as a Printed Pistol sidearm.

ITC-01000001 and it's single complement of troops are deployed to Alpha in order to secure the planet to facilitate industrial operations. The ITC is used to communicate between planets and will remain stationed at Alpha until we can deploy a ground-based communications system.
ITC-01000010 and it's single complement of troops are deployed to Bravo in order to secure the planet to facilitate industrial operations. The ITC is used to communicate between planets and will remain stationed at Bravo until we can deploy a ground-based communications system.
ITC-01000011 and it's full load of two BMUs are deployed to Charlie in order to secure the planet to facilitate industrial operations. The ITC is used to communicate between planets and will remain stationed at Charlie until we can deploy a ground-based communications system.
ITC-01000100 and ITC-01000101 move to Charlie with their full complement of BMUs to await further orders.

Since we'll be taking more planets for more PP anyways there actually isn't a big issue in occupying the ones we got. This'll also allow us to push our way into the middle next turn, or if we want to be real dicks, send an ITC to their chokeplanet for the funsies. Of note I realized the Cheap Pistols are cheap and so we can just throw them in with our roboboys, which may come in handy in closer combat.

ORIGINS:

PLAN:
Phase 1: Bootup: (2) Twinwolf, Carefulrogue
Phase 1: rush.exe: (1) MoP

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2019, 07:36:46 pm »

ORIGINS:

PLAN:
Phase 1: Bootup: (1) Carefulrogue
Phase 1: rush.exe: (2) MoP, Twinwolf
Sigtext!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2019, 01:02:16 am »

ORIGINS:

PLAN:
Phase 1: Bootup: (0)
Phase 1: rush.exe: (3) MoP, Twinwolf, Carefulrogue

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2019, 10:19:55 am »

ORIGINS:
Rise of Machines: (3) MoP, Carefulrogue, TTE

PLAN:
Phase 1: Bootup: (0)
Phase 1: rush.exe: (4) MoP, Twinwolf, Carefulrogue, TTE
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25