Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64597 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

(Was I supposed to pick a spawn point? Has everyone posted?)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #481 on: August 05, 2019, 10:06:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"There are three necessary things for survival. Shelter, water, and food. If we can find a space with renewable resources and could fortify it, we might be able to use it as a base. Also, I would like to see how the world has changed. It would be interesting to see if any of my books were close to the mark. We do know there are at two groups out here, maybe there are more." Theodore drew on his knowledge of survival from survival shows and books he had indulged in as research for Final Survival, a novel about a contestant on the titular game show in the near future, a particularly bloody show in which contestants must survive on an uncolonized alien planet with usually very hostile and dangerous wildlife. Of course, as compensation the last survivor would receive myriad extravagant prizes.

Use my whiskers to see if there is anything interesting in the area, like resources or equipment.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:12:41 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

PraiseTalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Amy Roberts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:42:27 pm by PraiseTalos »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Marie Wojicski (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Big dream: Rid the Wasteland of Uploxed and mutants
Can you maybe not .-.
We’ve kinda got some vested interests in not dying and I don’t want to have to fight you because you’re racist

(In-game, I am not calling you as a person a racist, just your character)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Since everyone is a mutant, probably going to be some dissonance.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

(Was I supposed to pick a spawn point? Has everyone posted?)
No, don't worry, I'm starting you in the garage at County Council. Unfortunately as I said before, I'm away for a week camping and I don't have access to my notes. I've got my phone and can try to write a short update for folk on here.
Small note: I'm going on a camping holiday for a week from Sunday to Sunday, and so probably won't update during that period (I might get a chance to do so on my phone, but I wouldn't count on it).

New characters are fine. It was always okay for there to be interplayer conflict, what with the different factions.

Stuck on my phone but might be able to make some posts- it'll be raining a lot tomorrow so might be something to do in the tent.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

PraiseTalos/TheRedWolf, did you want to start associated with the Keep faction?

PraiseTalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.
Also, Amy would not kill any PC mutants after she sees they are good people and not monsters like she heard.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

PraiseTalos/TheRedWolf, did you want to start associated with the Keep faction?
Yes.
Also, Amy would not kill any PC mutants after she sees they are good people and not monsters like she heard.

*Meanwhile, me*
This will be interesting.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Big dream: Rid the Wasteland of Uploxed and mutants

Yay me for not having an obvious mutation

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Death Is Only The Beginning
« Reply #491 on: August 10, 2019, 05:22:11 am »

Nexus
”Thank you. Yes, I would like to continue to help you. How will getting a new body work?”
"We have just the body for you," says Natrix. "Let me get you set up..."

County Council
In the shadow of a huge office complex which once housed the regional government, there's a small mechanics garage and in that garage, Sandra awakes. Her new body is smooth and metal, made of hundreds of interlocking plates. She looks for all the world like a great metal millipede, but she feels alive again. She can see all the way through from infrared to ultraviolet; through her antenna she can smell and sense movement and magnetic fields. The world feels warmer, richer, more vibrant than it ever did before. In the back of her mind she still feels her connection to the Nexus, and she can communicate with her new friends there at any time.

"Looking great!" says Sable through the Nexus. "I'm getting report from one of our other agents, Helen, that there's something going down near somewhere called Walt Labs. Do you know that place?"

Gated Community
After putting an appropriate amount of biscuits into his inventory, Issac commented "If its a diplomatic mission, I wouldn't recommend sending me. I tend to sound something like... A sarcastic know-it-all asshole. Just can't help it!"

Barring any events that would interrupt this, Issac would go and explore the tile to the south of the gated community.
"Peter 4:10," says Father Michael. "'As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace'. You have your strengths and you know them"

Dump
Isaac leaves the compound and heads south. The way tends downwards towards a burst river which has flooded the various building here. Towering out of the water are piles of trash and slag from household waste and dead industries. They tower up out of the water like mounds from a giant mole. Across the river, to the southwest, Isaac can see trees on the opposite bank, but the river is too swollen and deep to cross on foot.

Isaac gains +1 tally for exploration

Cromer Pier
"Cass, I'm going over to the arcade. I think I saw Frost."
Go find Jackson (if that is, in fact, Jackson) and try to catch up on what's happened.
[Amoretto rolled 3+2+1empathy+1walt=7]
Amoretto jogs over to the pier and moves towards the arcade. The pier is pitched slightly to the side. He walks across the board but is stopped halfway by the woman her met before, now standing with a man who has a giant snail-like shell protruding from his back.

"We been waiting days for this food," says the man, with a gruff Scottish accent. "You'll no be taking it from us."

Amoretto tries to explain he's a colleague of Dr Jackson Davis, and it begins to fall on deaf ears when, out of the arcade, steps Davis himself. He looks a bit older than Amoretto remembers but it's definitely him, in his long white coat, his frosty hair and cold stern features.

"Darrin!" he says, "I didn't expect you to unfreeze so soon. Pierre, Harjinder, this is my old friend Dr Amoretto. He worked with me at the labs."

"He's come with people with guns," says the woman, Harjinder.

Darrin looks over to where Cass approaches.

"I remember her from the castle," he says. "Let's all come into the arcade."

Inside the arcade at the bottom of the sloped floor is an accumulated detritus of food wrappers and those cardboard cups for keeping ten pence coins. The gambling machines and games are all smashed open, nothing of value remains. Sitting on lopsided stools and broken machines, are a dozen or so men and women, many with obvious mutated features. The man that Amoretto saw on the boat is standing wearing large sunglasses, a hooded windbreaker and thick scarf that hides most of his face. He's silently unloading a crate filled with flasks of gloopy purple fluid. There re several more crates behind him stacked on a sacktruck.

Dr Jackson passes the flasks around to everyone, including Cass and Amoretto. "These are nutrient mixes," he says. "They'll give you everything you need to live out here. Drink up!"

The others begin to gulp down the mixture. Cass says, "You've got a lot of this stuff. Can you spare a crate? Food in Norwich is very insecure."

Jackson smiles his thin, cold smile. "Of course," he says. "This is aid for the people of this area. We'll give you as much as you can carry."

Amoretto has gained a flask of purple goop.

Walt Labs
Make a dash to grab the gun.
Put the cyclist in a chokehold, and ask why she pulled a gun on us.
[Irma rolled 6+4+0body=10]
[El Tigre rolled 4+4+2body+1luchador=11]
[El Tigre rolled 4+1+1empathy=6]

Irma leaps for the gun grabs it off the ground. She rolls up off the ground and steps clear of the others, a gun now in her hands.

El Tigre stands behind the woman and puts her into a chokehold, demanding to know why she had threatened them with a gun. Suddenly the girl on the rooftop swoops down with incredible speed and bashes El Tigre about the head with a metal pipe. His ears ring, harming his sense of balance, hearing and perspective. The girl lands on an opposite roof and prepares to swoop again.

Irma has gained a pistol (loaded).

El Tigre gains +1 tally for critical failure.

El Tigre gains condition: ringing ears.

Flooded School (opposite bank)
"Even if its blown up we should still search it because the guns might be buried in the ruble if we're lucky."
Head southwest and see if there's way across the river there, and look for anything that can be used as a weapon on the way.
[Goldstine rolled 6+5+2wits=13]
The pair head down the hill to the river where houses disappear into the water. Across the water, he can see the blocky tower of a school, but there's no obvious way to cross. A storm surge has taken out any bridges that once were here. Sticking out of the ground near the water, Goldstine hefts a length of rebar with a chunk of concrete at the end: a heavy but effective club.

"Can you see that?" Rec Cap says, pointing at the half-submerged playground across the river. If he squints he can see a few bits of scrap metal on the ground. There's cybertrash. Someone's been beating up a GML freak here. I'd like to shake their hand." He looks up and down the river, north and south. "Bound to be a crossing left whicever way we go."

Goldstine gains rebar club.

Chemical Plant
Any first aid kits?  See if I can treat my wound.  After that, set up some traps so I don't have to worry as much about things sneaking up on me.  Then lets see if I can break into the office, there might simply be keys in another part of the facility, such as the maintenence or janitorial areas.  If I manage that, search around for food.
[Sandeep rolled 3+1+1wits=5]
[Sandeep rolls 5+6+1wits=12]
[Sandeep rolls 3+1+1wits=5]
Sandeep looks around for a first aid kit. He finds a box on the wall which is faded. He pulls it open and is instead coated in a burst of fine white powder. Some kind of flame retardant? After that, he sets some traps: lines of metal strung between vats and doorways to ararm him if anything comes his way, and hopefully harm whatever it is too. He moves up the stairs to the office, a long room filled with computers, flipcharts, wall screen, all covered in a thick layer of dust. There are no keys here, no food, just a lot of old junk. Worse still, he hears a huge clang from below. Something has set off one of his traps. Something very close by...

Sandeep gains +2 tallies for critical failure.
Sandeep is now covered in white powder.

Sports Park
Use my whiskers to see if there is anything interesting in the area, like resources or equipment.
[Theodore rolled 4+6+2weird+1scifiauthor=13]
Theodore visualises the sort of things he'd like to find out here and lets his whiskers guide him. He senses movement to the northwest: something lives that way- it could be an animal or it could be a person. In the air, he tastes fresh potable water in the south. To the southeast he feels the movement of something huge floating in the air. To the north, he senses open space with plants partitioned in rows, like a farm?

Castle
Spoiler: Amy Roberts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marie Wojicski (click to show/hide)
Amy and Marie were sitting in the mess hall of the Keep. The ancient castle walls towered up around them. Food was slim pickings, everyone was on half rations nowadays. There was a lot of talk of weird strangers coming and going in recent days. The pair of them had been hard at work in the forge and had missed the recent drama. Apparently Frog, Cass, and Dell and travelled far north to pick up an aid package they had learned about from spying on radio signals. There had been some weird strangers around the south of the keep and one of them had joined Frog and the others on their journey. Or so Blakely had said, but his dialect is so weird it's hard to tell what he means sometimes.

A pink haired woman (Carol, they think her name is), is cleaning up her plate here. She says, "I swear I heard an engine roar past earlier. That wasn't your truck was it? It sounded like it was heading south."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:16:10 am by notquitethere »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - New Beginnings
« Reply #492 on: August 10, 2019, 06:18:18 am »

"Lets try going north I don't really remember where I crossed the river at, also whats GML stand for?"
Lets head north, while looking for anywhere that might have firearms or other useful supplies.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Sandra (click to show/hide)
”yes, it’s northwest of here. I can head there now” Head NW

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - New Beginnings
« Reply #494 on: August 10, 2019, 06:36:47 am »

Cow Tower (far bank)
"Lets try going north I don't really remember where I crossed the river at, also whats GML stand for?"
Lets head north, while looking for anywhere that might have firearms or other useful supplies.
[Goldstine rolled 3+1+2wits=6]
"Great Marmite League, apparently" says Red Cap. "The name comes from some 2050s meme I don't pretend to understand."

The pair walk along the riverside until they see a ruined medieval tower jut out from the opposite bank, on the corner where the river bends northwestward.

All the while, Goldstine looks out for anywhere with useful supplies. What he does see is one of those flying drones again. It's buzzing in from the northwest. They just about make out it shouting to something down on the ground, hidden behind the crumbling buildings.

"STEP RIGHT UP. TWO THIS WAY!"

Goldstine gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Thorny Industrial Estate
”yes, it’s northwest of here. I can head there now” Head NW
Sandra rolls here millipede morph northwest to an old industrial estate. There are thick brambles everywhere, but paths have been tramped and cut in almost all directions. She hears the sound of voices shouting to the northwest, towards the labs...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:40:28 am by notquitethere »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44