Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64573 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Falling On
« Reply #450 on: July 29, 2019, 08:19:47 pm »

(No more updates tonight, but Supernerd may be interested to see that I've posted an image of the map he's looking at.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 29, 2019, 08:20:22 pm »

( I had 1 tally previously, and edited it so I have 2, I hope the number is correct now, also +1 for 3 tallies now)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Exit the blimp while shooting bubbles at the gorilla, aiming for the eyes, mouth, joints, and other possible weak points

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Moving On Out
« Reply #452 on: July 29, 2019, 09:24:06 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

[Sweet, free XP yo. I'll hold onto it for now.]

"Alright, Helen. I believe this is the edge of town. I don't know much about the area señorita, so let me know where we can find a car around here."

Look for a vehicle.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 30, 2019, 07:10:47 am »

"Aw shit, how does this hind of thing even happen?"
Try to climb the roots on the side of the hole, if that fails try and dig a path out with the drawer.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Morning Routines
« Reply #454 on: July 30, 2019, 09:29:45 am »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Irma grabs the note back from Tasha after she finished reading it, "Don't ask me how, but I know there are a bunch of rogue robots coming to this lab. Listen, I believe your destiny is to go north, so this is goodbye for now. I'll try to lead them away from here, and then make my way back up there. There is something I have to do first..."

Try to detect how many signals are converging on this location, then step outside.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 01, 2019, 04:51:11 am »

Chemical Plant
Start gathering some tools and look for any good places for traps.  Holes in the floor, channels for water or other liquids, etcetera.  This is a bad spot for a rhino, but there might be another smarter robot around.
[Sandeep rolled 6+2+1wits-1cuthead=8]
Long discarded for purposes unknown, Sandeep finds a flat-head screwdriver, a huge coil of thin wire, a sealed pack of water filters, and a rubber mallet. He sees places where he could sling a wire between two vats. The floor is smooth in the main chamber: any chemical runoff would pool on the floor, rather than allow dangerous chemicals to enter the sewerage. But he does find a choke point, a narrow door leading deeper into the facility. Beyond the vat room, there seems to be unexplored offices upstairs and a sealed and locked storage warehouse.

Gated Community
Issac figured that it might be safe at this point to bring up the subject of mutants to see what the locals do when they encounter them in a way that didn't suggest that he was one himself.

Issac speaks. "Might be something to it then I suppose, but I'd rate it as a low priority. Unfortunately, I'm lacking any brilliant ideas right now."

"When you said that the thief was blowing bubbles... I'm guessing you weren't talking about soap bubbles right? I've been hearing lots of talk about so called 'mutants' with weird abilities lately. Is this something that you have to deal with around here often?"
Jethro adjusts his dark glasses. "First I've ever seen of anything like that," he says.

"There were all kinds of physical modifications in the old days," says Father Michael. "This woman probably some kind of bubble-gland installed. I've seen weirder things. I once saw a man who had surgery to make his face look like a tiger."

"I heard they got them mutants in London town," Zeke pipes up. "Mavis in Ipswich was telling me. Ungodly monsters waging war with the bots."

"I was just in Ipswich and she never said anything," says Jethro.

"Aye," says Zeke, "but you've always been bad at getting the gossip."

Jethro scowls. "Mutant or not, this woman was in league with the evil dead and we're getting no closer to solving our problems standing around here."

Henry's Cafe
"Alright, guys, seriously, what the hell are you doing? These are the first people we've found out here who are even moderately friendly and you're acting like they're threatening you with guns."
[Amoretto rolled 6+1+1empathy+2keep=10]
Cass comes over. "They're getting eyes on the situation. These people, your mutant friends... they're fine. They stayed with us at the Keep before, it's all good. But we don't know who or what could be in that boat. We're hoping it's a general aid package... but it could be a Hunter ambush."

She looks over at the others, positioned on the rooftop. "But we might have, uh, escalated too quickly. Living like this makes you jumpy, gets you seeing threats everywhere. With the others spotting us from above, it should be safe to approach. If it is an aid vessel like we hope, we need to be there to claim some part of it peaceably."

Cass begins walking northwest, in the direction the boat was seen heading.

Twisty Streets
Exit the blimp while shooting bubbles at the gorilla, aiming for the eyes, mouth, joints, and other possible weak points
[Sandra rolled 1+2+1weird=4]
Sandra blows bubbles at the rampaging gorilla but the huge cyberbeast burst through the foam and barrels into the woman. She's knocked back into the cabin of the blimp. The gorilla is just outside, his huge steel fist raised, about to crush her dead!

Sandra gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Walt Labs
Try to detect how many signals are converging on this location, then step outside.
Look for a vehicle.
[Irma rolled 4+3+2weird=9]
[El Tigre rolled 5+1+0wits+1helen=7]
Irma senses three nearby radio signatures converging on the lab from the northwest, northeast, and southeast. She steps out of the door and sees a a giant squid-like robot with masses of coiling metal tentacles, and a central glowing visor on its smooth body. It's travelling alongside a beefy looking man dressed in plain clothes, wearing a tiger mask. The man is carrying a giant pointed razor.

El Tigre looks around for a vehicle and sees an unfamiliar looking woman exit the laboratory. At that moment, coming around the corner along the northern road with a roaring engine is a motorbike!

On the motorbike is a helmeted woman wearing leathers. Her visor is up and the face beneath is dark-skinned and laced with puckered white scars. She carries a sword on her back. Clinging onto the back of the bike is a child, a girl with three arms and vast moth-like wings. When they see El Tigre, the woman controlling the bike skids to a stop and reaches for something in her jacket... a gun?!

Cemetery
Try to climb the roots on the side of the hole, if that fails try and dig a path out with the drawer.
[Goldstine rolls 5+2+1body=8]
Goldstine clambers up the side of the hole. The earth is soft and slippery, but eventually, covered in mud, he emerges at the top. He was forced to leave the desk drawer behind to free up his hands.

Red Cap bends his legs and leaps. There's a burst of flame beneath his boots and, ungracefully, the thing hurls itself up into the air, twists a few times and lands in a heap behind a grave.

"Let's get out of here," he says.

Goldstine no longer has a desk drawer.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Convergence
« Reply #456 on: August 01, 2019, 05:30:44 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

[Talking out our issues before fighting? No, we don't do that around here.]

"Gun! Dama, get back inside!" El Tigre yells to Irma.
"Señorita, this didn't work out well for us last time, but we have to try. Throw me at the lady on the motorbike!"

Once more, attempt the highly successful Super Flying Lariat in an attempt to knock the gunwielder onto the ground!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 01, 2019, 06:50:05 am »

Try to dodge, if dodging can’t be done, grab the fist with both of my hands, stopping or slowing the punch
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:25:27 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 01, 2019, 08:40:07 am »

Go with Cass, and see if I can spot the lady again. If I do, tell her this:
“Let Davis know there’s someone that wants to meet with Jack Frost!”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 01, 2019, 09:09:11 am »

"Yeah, lets leave before we find another hole to fall in, and you were saying something about a police station being to the west, is it on this side of the river or the other?"
Lets head north west and be careful exiting the cemetery because if there's one giant hole there might be others.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 01, 2019, 05:40:35 pm »

Issac recalled that London was supposedly where Kam's sister ended up. What father Michael described sounded different from what Issac had become, suggesting that there were multiple different kinds of mutants, possibly 'developed' by different corporations. For now though, a change of subject was in order. Food seemed like a good one.

"Talk to me if you need further assistance later. For now though... I haven't had all that much to eat lately."

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 02, 2019, 08:10:25 pm »

Henry's Cafe -> Cromer Pier
Go with Cass, and see if I can spot the lady again.
[Amoretto 6+2+1wits=9]
Amoretto heads along the street with Cass. Some way down the street is an old pier. Some of the slats are missing and the whole structure is is subsiding, but for all that it has held up well. There's a large arcade at the far end, beyond which a ramp leads into the ocean. There the motorboat is moored. He sees a number of people milling around on the pier, with the woman they were speaking with walking into the front entrance. He sees a figure in a long white coat shake hands with another man, dressed in a thick overcoat near the boat. Then they pass out of sight into the arcade.

Cass begins walking towards the pier. She allows herself a backwards glance at Finn and Frog who are climbing across the rooftops of B&Bs parallel with the promenade.

Spoiler: Cromer Pier (click to show/hide)

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.

Cemetery -> Gas Hill
Lets head north west and be careful exiting the cemetery because if there's one giant hole there might be others.
"Yeah it's on the other side of the Wensum. We'll have to find a bridge. I can't tell from the satellite images which ones have been blown out or not."

Goldstine and Redcap head northwest. They climb a tall hill overlooking the river. Houses crumble into the trees. Long dead restaurants house squirrels. There are a half dozen ancient gas towers, remnants of an industrial past that was long forgotten when Goldstine was frozen.

Goldstine gains +1 tally for exploration.

Gated Community
"Talk to me if you need further assistance later. For now though... I haven't had all that much to eat lately."
[Isaac rolled 6+3-2empathy+1church=8]
"Ahh, I forgot you still need to eat. There are more of the children's biscuits in the cupboard," says Father Michael, gesturing the tea cupboard in the vestry. "If you want anything more, ask one of the young ones. They're usually playing in the square."

As Isaac busies himself helping himself to biscuits from the cupboard, the other gather around the map and talk strategy.

"What's the plan now?" asks Jethro.

"More than anything, we need to get down to Ipswich today to get another signal disrupter. For that we'll need wheels. Loathe as I am, but I think we're going to have to propose a trade with the Castle people..."

Twisty Streets
Try to dodge, if dodging can’t be done, grab the fist with both of my hands, stopping or slowing the punch
[Sandra rolled 1+1+1body=3]
Sandra throws up her hands. The last thing she sees is a great metal fist hurtling towards her face.

Sandra gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Sandra has died.

Nexus
Sandra wakes up. She can't feel her body, but she can see it, lying on the ground of the garden. Her head is cut open, brain removed.  The blimp and the gorilla are gone. There's a convoluted machine with a huge antenna sticking out. She can see a spidery robot with long wings. It's all an image from a camera playing on one side of a seemingly endless grey space.

Sandra still cant sense herself, she's completely disembodied. But her mind is still all there, her memories, even her perfect mutated memory is intact. However with no body, she's pretty sure she won't be able to blow any bubbles.

She looks about this grey space and sees two smooth cartoon-like people in front of her. One of them is a woman with weasel ears. The other is a man painted like a green striped snake.

"Sandra! I was so worried I wouldn't be able to get to you in time!" says the woman with a quiet but intense voice. "It's me, Sable. This is my friend Natrix."

"You were doing good work for the cause," says Natrix with a smooth voice. "We would love to give you a body, let you help us continue the good works down on Earth."

Sandra gains +1 tally for uncovering mystery: death is only the beginning! They have the power to upload the mind to a digital afterlife.

Walt Labs
Once more, attempt the highly successful Super Flying Lariat in an attempt to knock the gunwielder onto the ground!
[El Tigre rolled 5+3+2body+1luchador+1helen=12]
Helen quickly whips a tentacle around El Tigre and hurls him bodily through the air at the pair on the motorbike. El Tigre's forearm catches the woman's head, pulling her from the bike to land awkwardly on the weed-strewn road. The bike falls over, the gun scatters and lands between everyone. Tim Tam, the moth girl, flits away out of reach to watch things proceed from the roof of the Lab. El Tigre picks himself off the ground, unscathed.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Death Is Only The Beginning
« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2019, 08:12:27 pm »

Small note: I'm going on a camping holiday for a week from Sunday to Sunday, and so probably won't update during that period (I might get a chance to do so on my phone, but I wouldn't count on it).

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 02, 2019, 08:23:33 pm »

”Thank you. Yes, I would like to continue to help you. How will getting a new body work?”
(I didn’t put a spoiler because a new body would obviously have new stats)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 09:00:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 02, 2019, 08:34:42 pm »

The implications of what he just heard was that the adults of the church did not need to eat to survive. Could this be because of some other mutation? Not needing to eat sounded like a useful ability, but Issac had some concerns that it might be incompatible with his own mutations.

After putting an appropriate amount of biscuits into his inventory, Issac commented "If its a diplomatic mission, I wouldn't recommend sending me. I tend to sound something like... A sarcastic know-it-all asshole. Just can't help it!"

Barring any events that would interrupt this, Issac would go and explore the tile to the south of the gated community.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44