Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64540 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Death Is Only The Beginning
« Reply #465 on: August 02, 2019, 08:49:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Cass, I'm going over to the arcade. I think I saw Frost."
Go find Jackson (if that is, in fact, Jackson) and try to catch up on what's happened.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Death Is Only The Beginning
« Reply #466 on: August 02, 2019, 09:49:57 pm »

New Character Creation Options

Any new players (or any players who have retired or abandoned their existing mutant characters) are welcome to create a new Uploxed, Survivor, or Walt character according to the rules below.

Nature Girl, follow the steps below to create a Eyes of Gaia character. Keep your existing Wits and Empathy scores. Redistribute your four points in the other two stats (starting at -1 as before).

Uploxed Character Creation

The uploxed have had their minds uploaded to a digital paradise called Nexus. You have a strong connection still with Earth which prevents you fully embracing Nexus and so it can be a struggle to interact with the digital space. In many ways you are more comfortable controlling and focusing on your physical morph back on Earth.

A morph is a robotic shell the uploxed use to interact with Earth. They usually control these bodies remotely through radio signals. This means going underground or into metal lined spaces is usually impossible. If your morph is destroyed, you can always get another one, though its quality will depend on your faction ties and kudos.

The uploxed can choose to have an avatar: a visual representation of how they appear to others in Nexus.

You faction decides your morph. You can pick any avatar you want and change it whenever.

Morphs
Robo-bug (Eyes of Gaia): pick a creature with more than four  legs. Your morph resembles that creature but is about eight feet tall. (E.g. octopus, spider, cranefly, ant, millipede, pillbug, crab). You start with three features associated with that creature (E.g. pincer claws, wings, tentacles). Eyes of Gaia undertake quests to protect nature.

Cyberbeast (Hunter Guild: Great Marmite League): pick any mammal- you have hijacked the body of one of those mammals, with a metal exoskeleton and armor. The flesh is atrophied within. Gain three additional features associated with that mammal (claws, bite, great strength, scent etc.). The GML fight other Hunters and hunt down humans for Kudos. They favour direct approaches and displays of overwhelming force.

Cybercryptid (Hunter Guild: Legends): pick a fictional or mythological or urban legend creature: your body is a Frankenstein-like biomechanical mashup made to look like that creature. Pick three features of that legendary creature (acid saliva, towering physique, signature weapon etc.). The Legends fight other Hunters and hunt down humans for Kudos. They favour long schemes and cunning.

Drone (Terraterror): you control a swarm of small flying drones. The number of drones you have is equal to your Terraterror rep x2. Terraterror is an entertainment organisation who gain kudos by filming fights, bizarre occurrences, interviews etc. on Earth.

Neozombie (Church of the New Millenium). You still inhabit your original body, but now instead of a brain you have a computer inside you. You need to regularly charge yourself with power but otherwise you don't hunger, thirst, etc. The Church engage in quests to expand their power across the Earth, protecting and converting living humans. You can be a current member of the church (rep 1) or an outcast or apostate (rep -1). You have no Connexion stat (but may gain one in play) so put character creation points only in the other three stats. If you previously had mutations, you may keep them and maintain a Weird stat.

Character Creation Steps:
1. Pick a faction and build an appropriate morph. Take +1 rep with that faction.
2. Assign your stats:
Stats start at -1. Distribute 7 points across them, ranging -1 to 2
Body (physical prowess of the morph)
Wits (your mental acuity)
Empathy (your power to relate to others)
Connexion (your ability to interface with the digital realm)
3. Profession: choose what profession or background you had when you were alive.
4. Pick a big dream; you're immortal now, what do you want to do with that immortality? Why are you controlling a robot body on Earth?
5. Name someone you know who is still alive on Earth and your connection to them.

Walt Mutant
You may now also start as a mutant who has been in the world for months or years under the banner of Walt Labs. Follow regular character creation, with the exception that you may sacrifice as many stat points for mutant powers as you wish. Walt Mutants are engaged in a long term plan for mutants to take over Earth as a dominant life form. Start with +1 Walt rep.

Survivors
Follow regular character creation except don't take a Weird stat or any mutations. Instead take two professions that represent how you survive in the post apocalypse, and up to three signature items (including weapons, tools, vehicles). Most people left Earth about twenty years in the past, so bear that in mind when thinking about your character backgrounds. Pick one of these three starting factions (taking +1 rep with them):

The Keep: You live in a castle in the ruined city of Norwich. The Keep engage in quests to make Norwich safe and rescue human survivors. Many of them hate the uploxed.

The Church of the New Millenium: you are a child or teen, or a woman of child bearing age who has grown up in the church (in the last decade). The Church believe the kingdom of the Lord has arrived and they are working to make the Earth safe for their kind of human. When you come of age or give birth to a child, you will be turned into a Neozombie.

The Cursed: you and your family and friends desperately want to be uploxed so you can leave this hell on Earth. Your parent missed the opportunity and were stranded here. They're dead now, and you're still left searching for a way to upload your mind and escape this misery. Pick an uploxed faction who promise to uplox you too if you do enough favours for them. Start with 0 rep with them.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Robo-bug (Eyes of Gaia): Millipede with antennae, mandibles and the ability to roll into a ball
Body 1
Wits 2
Empathy 1
Connexion 1
Profession: Teacher
Big dream; To create peace among the factions in a way that protects nature
Someone on Earth I know: Tas, Acquaintance
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:05:12 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Robo-bug (Eyes of Gaia): Millipede with antennae, mandibles and eyes
Body 2
Wits 2
Empathy 2
Connexion 2
Profession: Teacher
Big dream; To create peace among the factions in a way that protects nature
Someone on Earth I know: Tas, Aquaintance
4 stat points starting at -1. You could have 1 in each stat, or 2 in one and 0 in the other, but not 2 in both.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Glass is correct. Your raw stat total stays same but you could reshuffle slightly.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glass is correct. Your raw stat total stays same but you could reshuffle slightly.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...you still get to keep your Wits stat of 2 :P

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Irma ignores the advice, especially now that the gun is up for grabs.

Make a dash to grab the gun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Even if its blown up we should still search it because the guns might be buried in the ruble if we're lucky."
Head southwest and see if there's way across the river there, and look for anything that can be used as a weapon on the way.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(It does seem required for a multi-faction game to have ways of moving between factions and character types, so I can see the necessity of having that occur, but I'm not interested in continuing on indefinately.  Is the resurrection mandatory?  It seems like that'll cheapen the struggle to survive.)

I suppose a wire cutter isn't necessary with my teeth.

Any first aid kits?  See if I can treat my wound.  After that, set up some traps so I don't have to worry as much about things sneaking up on me.  Then lets see if I can break into the office, there might simply be keys in another part of the facility, such as the maintenence or janitorial areas.  If I manage that, search around for food.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 12:48:49 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...you still get to keep your Wits stat of 2 :P
Fixed

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

(It does seem required for a multi-faction game to have ways of moving between factions and character types, so I can see the necessity of having that occur, but I'm not interested in continuing on indefinately.  Is the resurrection mandatory?  It seems like that'll cheapen the struggle to survive.)
Absolutely not mandatory. Naturegirl's character had a story-embedded justification for being uploxed. Most people who die out in the wastes die for good.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

Put the cyclist in a chokehold, and ask why she pulled a gun on us.

((Edit: Forgot this))
Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 02:37:07 pm by Wozzy »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(If such a story-embedded justification happens to me, please don't resurrect my character.  If my actions would create a situation where he should be uploaded, please warn me before I've passed any sort of critical point, as I don't want to make any of your factions act out of character to not do so.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 04:34:57 pm by Devastator »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

(Not a problem!)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44