Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64593 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Bubblebeam!
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2019, 10:51:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to disable the flamethrower by jamming it with various materials and shooting bubbles into it. Get into and drive the tractor around and search for something that could be jamming the Eyes’ signals

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2019, 11:16:17 am »

“...hmn...”
Take a small bit of the scrap metal and use my blowtorch thumb to get it hot enough to be soft, then shape it into a size and shape that will allow us to unscrew the bolt. Make sure to let it cool before actually doing so, however.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2019, 12:35:19 pm »

Listening to the sermon, Issac didn't hear anything that was cause for immediate alarm. Even if they were a suicide death cult or something, they would certainly not try to kill him immediately after a sermon of this nature.

Though Issac did notice something about Father Michael's words. He said that they had nine thousand nine hundred eighty five years... But a millenium was equal to only one thousand years according to Issac's memories. This suggested that it might be possible that the church's interpretation of a millenium was diverged from the original meaning of the word. Not inclined to make a scene right now, Issac figured that he should casually bring up the subject the next time he got the opportunity to talk to Father Michael in a less public venture.

Issac figured that this community would at the very least be an ideal place to linger until at least daybreak tomorrow. Issac would remain seated at least until the local residents started to leave as well so as not to draw any excessive attention to himself.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2019, 12:47:24 pm »

Swamp Houses -> Flood Plain
Take the scissors and the funnel and push off.  Head west, but slowly.  Tim Tam can run over water to catch up, after all.
[Sandeep rolls 3+5+0body=8]
Sandeep pushes off and rows northwest against the current. It's hard going, but soon he loses sight of Tim Tam on the shore. She'll catch up, surely.

He rows on and the water opens out into a wide flood plain. Where once there were riverside meadows besides a small industrial estate, the burst banks have spread out, flooding everything for half a mile around. The river narrows again ahead, while bits of the city crumble into the water on both sides.

All this rowing begins to make Sandeep's stomach grumble. He's getting hungry.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for exploration. Sandeep gains condition: hungry.

Gated Community
Try to disable the flamethrower by jamming it with various materials and shooting bubbles into it. Get into and drive the tractor around and search for something that could be jamming the Eyes’ signals
[Sandra rolls 2+2+1body=5]
[Sandra rolls 6+2+0weird=8]
[Sandra rolls 6+1+2wits+1tractor=10]
There's nothing to hand to jam into the flamethrower and whilst she's searching about she sees someone in the upstairs window of the house she just ran out of spot her below. A woman in a blue smock. Skipping to Plan B, she spits a blast of bubbles that foam up around the flamethrower, soaking the workings and greasing everything in soap. They'll have to take it apart and dry everything before it'll work again. By now the woman has raced down to the doorway.

Sandra clambers into the tractor. The keys are still in the ignition. She gets the thing going, jerkily and tries to look for the source of the signal-jamming. She spots on the far northeast end of the gated community, a walnut tree lined boulevard and at one end is a metal tower erected in the middle of what was once a road leading somewhere before the fence was put in. That must be it! She drives full steam at it, a crowd of people shouting and chasing after her. She's a way ahead of them though and she slams right into the tower, smashing it up, sending the aerial and bits of wire flying everywhere. A crucial component, a throbbing black box at the heart of tower, ends up tangled on the roof of the tractor. Without it, they'll struggle to block the signal any time soon.

Now all that remains is to get out of this place...

Sandra gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Remember, Nature Girl, you need to pick a stat to reduce by one as a cost of the new mutation.

Issac figured that this community would at the very least be an ideal place to linger until at least daybreak tomorrow. Issac would remain seated at least until the local residents started to leave as well so as not to draw any excessive attention to himself.
Isaac realises the priest must have stumbled over his numbers and made a mistake, as at other points in the sermon it was clear that there was only 1000 years expected in this new millennium.

He remains seated and is one of the last to leave. There's the sound of some kind of commotion outside but he doesn't spot anything untoward when he leaves, though it appears some of the churchgoers have hurried off somewhere else. He sees the house that he has the keys for on Maid Marian Road across the way. It's now quite late in the afternoon.

(I made a mistake, it should have just been 985 years. Good spotting.)

Hill Bottom
Take a small bit of the scrap metal and use my blowtorch thumb to get it hot enough to be soft, then shape it into a size and shape that will allow us to unscrew the bolt. Make sure to let it cool before actually doing so, however.
[Amoretto rolls 5+5+2weird+1engineer=13]
Amoretto fashions a new tool for the job, and soon has the wheel off.

"Whatever they did to you when you were frozen, it was pretty handy for us now," say Cass. Even Frog looks impressed.

They all work together to quickly and efficiently replace the inner tube and pump it up. Amoretto helps clear the tyre of debris. Soon they are ready to leave. Amoretto takes his place in the back of the cart with Frog, as Cass and Dell take the bikes this time and the four of them head north on the main road. There is no sign of the monstrosity from the church.

The road is long, straight, and mostly clear. Now and then, a tree has fallen onto it from the overgrown verges. What was once fields on either side is now overgrown with bushes and slowly turning to forest. They cycle for about three or four miles before coming to a place where the road once crossed over a river. Besides the road is a pub called The Fox Steakhouse, its shingle showing a stylised fox with a big bushy tail. The river has swelled up and has flooded the road, though the tarmac can still be seen in places.

"It doesn't look that deep, do you think we can just ride across?" says Dell.

"I wouldn't want us to be swept away," says Cass. "It looks like its moving fast."

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.
Amoretto gains a 14mm spanner.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2019, 12:54:01 pm »

Next up, Issac figured he would take a look at the place where he was probably going to be staying over at. The number of the house that he was looking for would be 24 Maid Marian Road.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2019, 01:07:16 pm »

"It's a shame that you died as soon as you threatened me, the spark fading from your eyes and your servos locking up, refusing to move. Still, I would say it was quite lucky for you, since my friend Viktor would have made your deaths much more gruesome."

Lie with my Silver Tongue to convince them they died. Combat Lying. And if that doesn't work, get to cover and let Viktor kill them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2019, 01:11:02 pm »

(Wits from 2 to 1 now. Thank you, I will remember in future)
Try to drive through the fence continuing to go NE. Hopefully the box breaks too
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:22:18 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 13, 2019, 05:41:15 pm »

Using my meterstick, slowly poke through the waters to find areas that are shallower and with weaker currents, and guide the group through to the other side.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2019, 07:42:32 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

El Tigre is torn between staying in the arena, and fighting for more fame, and following Helen and getting some answers. He also wonders where the hell that doctor ended up. He turns to the droins, and speaks.

"Gracias for the food and medicine, but I believe I will be taking a brief break from the arena...I'm sure we will see each other again. ¡Adios!"

El Tigre first catches his breath, as he is still puffed, and follows Helen out of the arena. He then asks questions about Gaia.

"Señorita, please, allow me to join you. I must ask...who are you? I know, you are Helen from London, but if you could find it in your heart to share some more information about how you are involved with all of this.... Ai- dama, just trying to think about this is making my head spin."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2019, 04:23:23 am »

"He is El Tigre he's a Luchador I met recently, and I'm Burt Goldstine I'm a doctor if that matters, now I'd like to know who you are."
Get my desk drawer ready to parry any attack he tries, but otherwise see what he does.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2019, 09:25:32 am »

"Well, I can always bite the top off this can of beans, but cold beans taste disgusting.  Lets see if I can at least find a way to heat them up."

Maintain a mental connection with Tim.  Since I don't have a fishhook or something to get food from this place, head NE to land and look for food there.  If I can't find any, look for wood or burnable material.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 16, 2019, 11:49:06 pm »

Any news on when this game might update?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2019, 04:27:49 am »

(Just been a bit hectic recently so update frequency has fluctuated a bit. Will aim to update later today.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 18, 2019, 06:56:16 am »

Gated Community -> Residential Sycamore Woods
Try to drive through the fence continuing to go NE. Hopefully the box breaks too
[Sandra rolled 5+5+1body+1tractor=12]
She drives full bore at the fence and jolts in her seat as there's a sickening crunch and scrape of metal. Earth and concrete smashes up as the fence slats are pulled from their foundations and a whole section of fence is smashed through. The entire outer layer of the tractor is scratched and dented and steam pours from the engine and jagged fence parts tear into the roof, destroying the black box.

Sandra continues on out of the complex. The pursuers stop at the edge of the torn fence, wary. She drives full throttle into the woods beyond. The way is bumpy and narrow, but she follows an abandoned road in among the houses.

Shuffling out of the forest is the robot she saw before. It is sifting through seeds in its basket.

"You have done well," it whispers. "Our senses now extend south of here, to the scorched road and beyond. You have helped a great deal. Is there anything we can help you with? And if you can assist us some more, there is much more I can tell you..."

Sandra gains +1 rep with Eyes of Gaia (now 1)

Gated Community
Next up, Issac figured he would take a look at the place where he was probably going to be staying over at. The number of the house that he was looking for would be 24 Maid Marian Road.
[Isaac rolls 4+4+3wits=11]
Isaac makes his way to a large blocky brick terrace house and unlocks the front door. It's dusty inside, the furniture is sparse, but there's a living room with a sofa, three bedrooms upstairs with beds and blankets, a bathroom and kitchen with working water (albeit cold). The electric stove turns on. There's no food, but plenty of plates, pots, pans, cups, cutlery and so forth. This could be a comfortable enough resting spot to stay while he figures his next move.

He remembers flashes of what the voice on the intercom back at Walt Labs had said about a transmitting tower to the east that they wanted to destroy to stop the local threats. What nonsense- the people here don't seem to be bothered by any threats.

While wandering upstairs he hears a crash outside and, looking out of the window, sees a tractor smash through a fence on the other side of the community. A number of people seem to have been chasing the tractor but they stop where the new hole has been made. The tractor disappears into the woods.

Crater
Lie with my Silver Tongue to convince them they died. Combat Lying. And if that doesn't work, get to cover and let Viktor kill them.
[Rolled 2+2+2weird=6]
[Rolled 4+2+0body+1viktor=7]
The lie must be too far fetched for the pair. The cyber bear and dog  charge straight at Theodore without a further word. He dives out the way but the dog swivels quickly and lunges for Theodore. Viktor bursts out of the bushes that hang over the side of the crater. The dog is whipped up in one of his tentacles. It turns its head unnaturally and chomps down on the tentacle with razor sharp teeth.

"FOUL MUTT!" Viktor bellows at the terrier clings on.

The bear turns and moves to take a swipe at Theodore. Timmy moves out of the overgrowth towards them, shouting, "Get out of there!"

Theodore gains +1 tally for critical failure.

The Fox
Using my meterstick, slowly poke through the waters to find areas that are shallower and with weaker currents, and guide the group through to the other side.
[Amoretto rolled 6+1+0body+1meterstick=8]
The going is slow, but Amoretto, leaning out of the cart, is able to guide them through. They're almost at the other side when a strong current catches the stick and it slips from the scientist's hand. As it slips down the stream, Amoretto wonders if that's the last vestige of his old life leaving him.

"Ready to move on?" says Dell, pedalling the bike out to the far shore, the long north road stretching out before them all.

Amoretto has lost his meterstick.

Arena
El Tigre first catches his breath, as he is still puffed, and follows Helen out of the arena. He then asks questions about Gaia.

"Señorita, please, allow me to join you. I must ask...who are you? I know, you are Helen from London, but if you could find it in your heart to share some more information about how you are involved with all of this.... Ai- dama, just trying to think about this is making my head spin."
[El Tigre rolled 3+4+1empathy+0eyesofgaia+1telenovel=9]
El Tigre leaves the drones behind and follows Helen out of the arena carpark.

"WE'LL BE WATCHING. JUST CALL IF YOU NEED ANYTHING TO HELP YOU KEEP FIGHTING," says one of the drones before they all as one buzz up into the sky.

Aiming to share a heart to heart moment after the battle, just like in some of the more sentimental telenovelas, the luchador chases after the tentacoiler. She stops and turns her visor towards him.

"I- I'm not allowed to tell you too much," she whispers. "The Eyes don't know who or what you are. But I think you have a good heart in there. My organisation, the Eyes of Gaia, protect the wildlife, the wilderness, the trees. We want to help Earth recover its ecosystems ravaged by so many years of human occupation. That's why we take these forms that don't need to eat or breath. I'm responsible for protecting the fish and preventing pollution in a hundred mile stretch of the river Thames from Teddington Lock to the estuary mouth. But with my body all bust up like this, I won't be able to swim like normal."

She looks out towards the river that curves around near the stadium. "Could you help me, Mr Tigre?" Helen whispers. "I don't know the best way to cross the river from here. The swapshop is just a little south of here."

Sidings
"He is El Tigre he's a Luchador I met recently, and I'm Burt Goldstine I'm a doctor if that matters, now I'd like to know who you are."
Get my desk drawer ready to parry any attack he tries, but otherwise see what he does.
[Goldstine rolled 2+2+0empathy-1hunters=3]
"Who am I? That's my business, old man," says the Red Cap. He appraises Goldstine with his expressionless face. "Your friend can fight and so can you by the looks of it. He's worth something now but you ain't. I'm not here for the quick payout. I'm going to kill you when you're worth something and until then I'm not letting you out my sights. You must have enemies... My intel says there's loads of GML freaks in the city. Some Eyes kicking around. Some Millennials. Even a Truman holdout. Tell me who you'll kill and I'll point the way."

Goldstine gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Flood Plain -> Bingo Hall
"Well, I can always bite the top off this can of beans, but cold beans taste disgusting.  Lets see if I can at least find a way to heat them up."

Maintain a mental connection with Tim.  Since I don't have a fishhook or something to get food from this place, head NE to land and look for food there.  If I can't find any, look for wood or burnable material.
[Sandeep rolled 6+5+0body+1oars-1hunger=11]
[Sandeep rolls 3+2+1wits-1hunger=5]
Sandeep ably rows over to the north east shore. Here houses continue to sink into the water, and up the bank there's a depressed commercial area, its supermarkets and bingo hall long closed and boarded up before whatever final disaster befell Earth. He searches about for wood, but everything is damp here.

Looking up into the sky, while the rain has stopped, it is still heavily overcast and the sun is completely covered over by clouds. Who knows how many more hours of daylight there will be.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for exploration.
Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Slipping Away
« Reply #359 on: July 18, 2019, 07:04:02 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"There are a few cars stuck in the river southwest of here. They should be close enough together for you to climb across. I'll follow you to the shop."

Travel SW and cross the river with Helen, leaving the doctor behind.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44