Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64582 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Moving On
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2019, 04:35:56 pm »

The terminology chosen by the local priest was rather unsettling. Issac figured that this ascension probably meant some kind of suicide thing? Issac figured that he should be careful about what he says here. He decides to go with a narrative that neither implies a distaste for the religion nor implies an interest in this ascension business.

Issac speaks. "Perhaps another time, but the actual reason we came here is because we are looking for information. My companion here is trying to locate his long lost sister. I don't know all the details myself, but I can't imagine that he could bear to face the lord before he finds her."

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 06, 2019, 10:32:35 am »

(Who’s actions are left?)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2019, 11:01:29 am »

(Busy weekend-- post tonight or tomorrow! A few players have yet to post, but that's not going to stop me updating.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2019, 11:18:25 am »

(Busy weekend-- post tonight or tomorrow! A few players have yet to post, but that's not going to stop me updating.)
(Thanks for answering, I only asked because this one seemed to tsk longer than usual. I really like this game)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2019, 05:19:30 pm »

Warehouse
What are all these rats eating?  Poke about a bit.
Spend 5 Experience Tallys(of 6) and a point of Body on getting another new mutation.(for the record, yes I have 6, I went back and checked. I have not been doing a good job of keeping up with those)

Tim Tam, feeling a sudden, notable shift in her body, takes the time to note what exactly has changed.
[Sandeep rolled 3+3+1wits=7]
Sandeep looks around. Rats are hoarders and in their nests they've stored great stockpiles of seeds and roots. There are broken egg shells, dead beetles and tiny bones. The rats feast on whatever they can find. Outside, slightly to the north, Tim Tam and Sandeep hear the distinct revving of a motorbike engine.

As she listens, Tim Tam feels something different about her body. Two fleshy nodules bulge out of her back. Tearing through her top, two huge moth-like wings unfurl. The new weight on her back makes her feel unbalanced and ungainly.

Tim Tam loses 1 Body.
Tim Tam has gained the following mutation:

Moth Wings
Tim Tam has giant wings which, with considerable effort, she can flap to raise herself from the ground and travel short distances through the air.

Gated Community
Use bread knife to cut the ropes on my legs
[Sandra rolled 5+1+1body+1knife-1tiedtochair=7]
Sandra slashes through the rest of the ropes with the bread knife. She's free and can now get to the corridor: a short empty hall leading to stairs which lead up and down. Another door, closed, is opposite the room she was tied in. At the far end of the hall to the stairs is a window. Sandra suddenly hears someone on the floor below opening a door, and then, she hears the first creaks as someone begins to climb the stairs towards her floor...

Issac speaks. "Perhaps another time, but the actual reason we came here is because we are looking for information. My companion here is trying to locate his long lost sister. I don't know all the details myself, but I can't imagine that he could bear to face the lord before he finds her."
[Isaac rolled 3+3-2empathy+1lawyer=5]
Father Michael speaks sternly and with purpose. "In these trying times, we cannot waste our time with dilettantes. You are either with the Kingdom of Light or the Kingdom of Darkness. Either join us now and live without want for 1000 years, or cast yourselves out into the dark."

Kam and Isaac are at an impasse where no more discussion can be had: they can cast their lot in with the Church of the New Millenium, or carry on their wandering.

Isaac gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Arena
"I need to get him on the ground first. Señorita, throw me at him!"

When the yeti turns to the voice, perform a super flying lariat on him!
[El Tigre rolled 1+2+2body+1luchador-1puffed+1helen=6]
El Tigre runs over to where Helen is dragging herself across the arena floor. She wraps a tentacle around El Tigre and lifts him up in the air. The camera drones fly around, getting every angle. The yeti suddenly snatches one of the drones out of the air and points it directly at El Tigre. Helen launches the luchador through the air straight at the blind yeti. As if he could see through the drone's camera, RIPAlbion39 backhands El Tigre, smacking him across the arena, to roll with a thump on the ashen ground.

Then, it charges straight at El Tigre, the arm with the drone pointed right at the wrestler.

El Tigre gains +1 tally for critical failure.

"Wait robot come back, I still want to know what those things are!"
Wait and see if the robot comes back, if it doesn't look around the office some more and grab the printed news story.
[Goldstine rolled 2+1+2wits=5]
Goldstine hollers after the drone as it swoops towards the wrestler, to be grabbed by the huge yeti creature. Looking out at the old football stadium, he sees something slinking through the stalls with extraordinary speed: a stunted figure with a long flowing white beard matted with blood, heavy iron boots, holding a pikestaff. It wears a backwards red baseball cap emblazoned with the word LEGEND. Goldstine doesn't get a good look at its face, but it seems like his face is shiny as if plated with chrome.

Goldstine gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Airplane Graveyard -> The Bells
“Bruised my foot, but it’s not you guys that asked for more cargo. I’ll pedal.”
[Amoretto rolled 1+4+0body-1bruisedfoot=4]
Amoretto starts cycling. It's hard going with his bruised foot, and he's tired from the exhaustion of the day. It's now getting onto the afternoon and there are still many miles to go. He cycles the cart out through the long runways, through another fallen down fence. Soon they find themselves in a village, abandoned and overrun. In the centre, a church remains, and the bells are ringing.

There's a pop as the two front tyres of the bikes burst.

"There's glass and nails everywhere here!" Dell says.

The bells keep ringing as they look around at the ground and see the ground on the road is littered with glass and nails, a loose layer of leaves rested over the sharp objects.

"We've got a repair kit and pump in the back here," says Cass.

"Forget that!" shouts Frog, grabbing a rifle from the cart. "It's a trap!"

The bells stop ringing.

Amoretto gains +1 tally for critical failure and +1 tally for exploration.

Crater
The cyberbear and the cyberdog suddenly turn as one and begin moving out of their crumbled kitchen, in the direction of Theodore, Viktor and Timmy's hiding spot.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 06:45:02 am by notquitethere »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Conflict escalates!
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2019, 05:34:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Damnit, ow. And shit.
Going to do some more yelling. Brace.”
Sonic boom a clear path through the debris, then do so again behind us to give us a boost. Flat tires may not be ideal for suspension and the like, but they’re still round.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 07, 2019, 06:18:38 pm »

"Nuts.  I was hoping for something we could eat, not stuff covered in rat droppings."

Leave here and head northwest, hopefully towards those mysterious docks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2019, 06:22:17 pm »

Try to open the door opposite where I was held and get inside that room, if the door is locked, run upstairs
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 06:33:32 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2019, 06:50:19 pm »

Issac points to the old bibles in the office. "I assume that The Church of the New Millenium bases itself upon these books, by the fact that they have been preserved to this day and plainly accessible to the public. So with that in mind..." Issac then makes a counterpoint to Father Michael's assertion that they cannot waste their time. "That being said, I call to mind Proverb 19:2. Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way. Surely, you must at least have enough time to allow us to actually learn about your ways prior to commiting to them. If you ways are the truth, and I can't imagine you would believe that they are not, then your system of beliefs will stand up to any scrutiny. Conversely, the false religions of the Kingdom of Darkness will crumble to dust when confronted with the truth. It is they who stand to gain the most from ignorance after all"

Putting an emphasis on his final words, Issac said "No self respecting lawyer would sign the contract without reading it first, so if you disagree then I'll stop wasting your precious time and leave at once."

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #324 on: July 07, 2019, 08:38:15 pm »

"Hmm...we need information. I'll try to see if I can find out anything. Maybe they're like the gorilla. If they're hostile though, I would appreciate if you could destroy them, Viktor. Try to avoid the battery, though."

To the cyberanimals: "Ahem. Hello. I come in peace. Are the two of you part of a guild?"

Exit the hiding spot, preferably in a direction where it blocks the cyberanimals from seeing me, and step out on the side away from where Viktor and Timmy are hiding, but close enough for Viktor to react if they attack. Then greet the cyberanimals with the aid of my Silver Tongue to convince them of my peacefulness.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2019, 06:42:53 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"¡Oh, mierda! He can see through the broadcast!"

Use my claws to slice the yeti's achilles tendon, knocking him prone!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2019, 03:48:10 pm »

I'd like to spend my 5 Tallys on the profession Veteran Field Medic. (I don't really know what else to call it.)

"Aw shit there's some weirdo wandering around here."
Grab the printed news story and pull a drawer out of the desk to use as a weapon and continue to search the back rooms of the stadium.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 01:21:32 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2019, 05:22:54 pm »

Nature Girl, let's say you've recovered from the headache by now.

King Zultan, profession bonuses don't stack and your doctor profession already covers most thing a field medic would do, so are you sure you'd like to so that?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2019, 06:33:48 pm »

Thanks

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2019, 01:21:04 am »

King Zultan, profession bonuses don't stack and your doctor profession already covers most thing a field medic would do, so are you sure you'd like to so that?
Okay then, I'll change it to veteran so I can get some combat and gun related bonuses.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44