Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 24909 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2019, 04:12:47 am »

Apologies for the long absence. lack of internet for a while, coupled with a few real life inconveniences kept me away.
Hmm, looks like most everyone that's going to make it back has made it back, so look to the bottom of the post for debriefing and job offers.

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

Are the cops still out there? Probably...
Eh, f*** it. Any cute/badass chicks in here? If so, try to strike up a conversation, small talk, that kinda stuff. Eventually segue into asking about a way to contact her after the cops leave and we go our separate ways.
For the record, if my perception fails me and I chat up a trap and they're down, I'm down.

(1) there area no lupine females in here. There is a porcupine. Attempts at romance go hilariously wrong, and you spend the next few minutes trying unsusccessfully to pull needles out of yourself. The cops are still out there. Looks like they are settling in for the night. Things are being cordoned off. Some of the locals are out there shouting atthe cops. someone throws trash. someone is crying and screaming about 'my baby boy1' That kind of thing. you know, what with the recent murders and all ...

Head back to either the office or the bus going to it if that’s still around

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You arrive at the office in time for what follows

See if I can find a container of cat food/treats. Loudly prepare said food/treats. If there’s no preparation, just shake the container.
Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
This is the right thread this time, no?
(2) you find no snacks but the half eaten thing the cat had last time you wwere here. it looks more eaten now than then. You shake the plate carefully, but the cat doesn't respond.

poke the boss in the nose to wake them up, then report in.
(6) "wuh you wanf?" Something is muffling the cat's voice. his whiskers tickle your head and your hind legs. You feel a slight pain in your abdomen, chest, and forelimbs. You are suspended midair above the desk. ah, are you being eaten? Are you dead? Is it judgement day already? No ... you still seem to be alive, if a tad ... uncomfortable. you may or may not have left a couple pebbles on the desk. A little biological warfare, so to speak.

Stand in the corner and wait for someone else to wake the boss.
He's awake now., though the weird little membranes cats have in their eyes haven't fully retracted.

Gershom tilted his head at their boss. The cat was asleep. And sleeping sophonts were supreme subjects for suggestion, if you did it right.
"Hold on, I have an idea-"
Then he saw the field mouse crawl up right next to the cat's maw and start bopping it in the nose, while the badger went straight for the cupboards.
"...Nevermind. I'll go, uh, check the perimeter."

Fly out of the building and perch on one of the second-floor windows so that our esteemed employer has time to release his righteous rage at being rudely roused by an excruciatingly edible morsel of mentally fortified flesh.
While I'm waiting for wanton murder to commence, use my Mind to remember the spells I've read from my mental spellbook.
Which I have probably read before, and which is probably in Bob's possession right now. And since my Mind is 4, I think I have at least a chance of eidetically recalling the contents of the book.
Once I have at least one spell, come back into the office. Cautiously, ready to run the moment I realize I have no idea where the cat is lurking.

You ready up and hide out, peeking in occasionally. the cat seems ... calm? the mouse seems ... alive, anyway.

1) Mr. Itch gets the fancy stuff because he knows the value of treating yourself.
2-5) Lovely.
6) Select the soy sauce one.

Thus outfitted, return to base.

Alright, deduct the appropriate amount and consider yourself properly patched up. Your chitin will hold together normally now. THe cashier makes some kid of noise when ringing up your purchases, but the meaning of those noises is a mystery. Who knows what birds think, anyway? Who really cares? You return to the office to see a lot of timid creatures kinda staying as far away from a cat on a desk as possible, while a mouse plays dead and an ape just sort of chills.

Fffuuhfff fhhfffuuufff frrrf gfffugh hhrrf hrf.

ffff,.

-spit-

"Ah. so you've returned then? Good work, I assume. Made a lot of noise anyway. looks like that neighborhood is gonna be locked down for a while. Whatever, it's enough to get us paid." the cat stops a moment and wolfs down the rest of the food he had left on the desk - no not the mouse, the other food.

"Well, I guess you all earned a cut anyway. Base pay for you who've returned is 20 monies. Mr itch there gets an additional ten for beating the hell out of a few guys, Mr Kongor X gets an additional five for ... diplomacy? Who wrote this action report? The hell is diplomacy? Never mind. You there! Sourkraut ..sourpuss ... sourman?you get an additional ten for actually managing to get those asshats to remember our clients' name. Whatever it was."
The cat shoves a stack of envelopes off the desk onto the floor. Each has the name and a picture of the appropriate character.
(Itch gets 30 total, Kongor Gets 25 total, and Gershom gets 30 total. Everyone else gets 20 monies.)

"Now, you lot made perhaps a little too mcuh noise, so we can't use you 'round here, mkay? At least, not for a while. Don't want people connecting too many dots, right? Right.

So, let's see. We have maybe two or three suitable assignments here."
The cat paws idly through some additional papers on the desk, most of which immediately end up on teh floor, along with a stapler, an inbox, and one of those swinging ball executive desk toy things.

"Bunch of Pigeons ... Dove? Getting a bit fluffed up there, ain't they? Anyway bunch a' Doves are asking for some help with their young. Seems a gang of Cuckoos is pushing a protection racket. This one is off on Continent Tropico, in New Whales. Strange name for a landlocked country. transportation will be provided, but feel free to purchase yor own, more comfortable transportation.

Here's a good one, I suppose. Some Beavermen are transporting logs the Central River to Newport City. They want a general guard crew. Keep an eye out for crocodiles or thieves or dry rot or whatever else logs get when they get wet. Herpes, maybe. ANd yes, I know it's stereotypical, but these beavers take pride in their heritage, so I'm not judging.

Got another job in Antarctica, if you are interested, and ... no, I think this last one might be above your pay grade. So Just hte Birds, the Beavers, and the really cold one.

There are some drinks in the minifridge. Help yourself while we talk about your options. There's some catnip around here somewhere too. I don't suppose you lot are up for that? No? maybe my secretary has some more suitable refreshments for you."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2019, 06:05:23 am »

"I say we help the beavers, it sound like something easy and I doubt that anyone will die or get maimed during it."
Search the minifridge for any alcohol and take it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2019, 06:19:57 am »

"Sauermann. But Sourman is close enough."
Gershom glanced at the cat suspiciously, wondering if the extra ten monies were just a ruse to get him to come into its lunging range. Probably not. The cat seemed to be in a merciful mood right now.
"So, some people need convincing that a protection racket on a couple pigeons isn't worth their time? Yeah, I think that's my profile. I'll need info on them, though. Particularly why those pigeons won't just pay the racketeers."

Get more info on the Dove job.

UPD: After I have the information, follow Oscar and Lenora on their mission to get a fox out of the cops' claws. Small critters to the rescue!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:39:55 am by HmH »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2019, 09:27:28 am »

(I’m assuming I was able to carry the toolbox back, I didn’t see my action here, so I’m assuming it succeeded, I can change this action according to whether this assumption is correct or not)
”I think we should try to help the doves, we should probably figure figure out who wants to go on what assignments, so we can plan accordingly”

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2019, 09:45:46 am »

Guard duty? I’m all for that, mostly because I was trained for that sort of thing, so I wanna know more about the beavers. Also does anyone here know what diplomacy is? Because I don’t recall no matter how hard I try.

Search the fridge for something nonalcoholic

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2019, 09:48:11 am »

Examples of diplomacy are peace talks between warring parties to find a peaceful solution to whatever problem they are currently killing each other over.”

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2019, 10:00:10 am »

”Ow, Ow- why would you even think of doing that as your first instinct?! bloody cats!”
One: I don’t like to leave messes and have a mild sense of hygiene, so any droppings i made are getting cleaned up right this second. Two: I will attend the dove racketeering briefing, and take the provided transportation to the job. my size is quite helpful with that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:09:36 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2019, 10:46:30 am »

Look in the toolbox to figure out what can possibly be used as weapons if need be. Arm myself with one of the tools. Follow the mouse and ask him if he wants a weapon to help with the mission. We might need them to drive out the cuckoos

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2019, 11:18:13 am »

”got anything to enhance psychic power, my red feathered friend? my size doesn’t allow for physical combat as well as i’d like, but i can try to mess with their senses or lob small projectiles. honestly though, i’m best serving as intel and recon.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2019, 11:22:30 am »

“Tell me more about the Antarctic mission. As you’ve probably figured out, I did my time in the Arc. I’m not unaccustomed to the cold.”
Go find a hard drink and a first-aid kit. Sit down somewhere and alternate between applying the first aid and the drink.
Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:21:28 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2019, 12:09:52 pm »

Mr. Itch sits down on the nearest chair or chair like object that looks like it can support his weight. He then uses some chalk to draw eyebrows above his compound eyes, hopefully in a way that conveys the image of concentration or deep thought.  Then he reads his new book.  These things around him will probably sort themselves out, if given adequate time.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:58:36 pm by piecewise »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2019, 12:51:47 pm »

“I don’t know if any of this can enhance psychic powers, but*places toolbox on table, opens toolbox, looks inside* There looks to be different sizes of nails here, maybe they can be throwing weapons. There are also screwdrivers and hammers and wrenches and such” *takes out various tools*

(GM: What all is in the toolbox? I am assuming construction equipment and I don’t want to say something is in the toolbox when it isn’t. Can you tell me if what I mentioned so far is good for what’s in the toolbox? Any additional items? I want to make sure I’m not adding things that don’t exist or missing things that do)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2019, 02:21:16 pm »

”Nails would work, though toothpicks might be less expensive, and easier to launch in numbers. last i checked, birds and needles of any sort don’t mix, especially when the needles are essentially chasing them down.”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2019, 03:41:18 pm »

”Nails would work, though toothpicks might be less expensive, and easier to launch in numbers. last i checked, birds and needles of any sort don’t mix, especially when the needles are essentially chasing them down.”
“I mentioned the nails since you said you wanted projectile weaponry. The toolbox itself could be dropped from a sufficient height and cause damage, hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers could make good melee weapons for larger creatures. As for psychic weapinry...didn’t we have someone with a spell Book? They could be stuck in that town! I might be able to carry you with me and we could go back and find him and help him get back to the office, he might be able to enchant items. Gershom is good at hypnotizing people, maybe he can help you as well,” Lenora turns to Gershom “Hey Gershom, would you be willing to help OSCAR and I save Kit?”

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2019, 04:15:11 am »

"Hmm. I don't have a spellbook on me right now. Bob's carrying it and he's in the hospital. We'll need to get it from him first if you want any magic to happen."
Gershom preened a little before continuing.
"That said, I'll consider getting the fox out if you have a way to find him." Or her? Gershom had trouble figuring out those mammals' genders sometimes. Not that it mattered to him much.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16