Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A fresh start in the ages past... good or bad?

Yeah! Loving all the aspects of it, and the original series got a bit boring, to be honest.
It's quite good, and has everything a SPAMKINGDOM should have.
It's okay, wouldn't mind seeing the original series updated again though.
I WANT MY FIREBLOOD EMPIRE BACK RIGHT NOW!!!1eleven

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 172

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!  (Read 109129 times)

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!
« Reply #2340 on: January 03, 2020, 04:20:05 am »

welp time to die i geuss
B
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: January 03, 2020, 05:03:55 am »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: January 08, 2020, 04:04:03 pm »

You proclaim that you will personally slay the beast!

The courtiers seem aghast of your decision, but nobody stops you. The Orcs follow you to ascertain that you perform the duel as it should be.

A week later, you arrive at the troubled province of Albarra. Its not hard to learn where the Salamander is, and even if you didn't ask around, the trail of burnt down fields and devastated villages points it out for you.

The large reptile is about five horses long and at least two and half horse tall. It's rugged scales and pointy spikes at the back give it a fearsome appearance. It's beaked mouth is currently busy ripping apart an unfortunate traveler that became its victim today.

Seeing you, it roars and lunges to attack!

The big lizard turns out to be quite fast! You dodge its bloodied beak as you try to poke few holes in its tough scale with your spear. It is like a small pick poking at a thick lard, but you make it bleed.

Hundreds more and it should fall over dead...

Tiring as it is, you continue to evade the blows of the beak, or the swipe of its stout forward claws, and continue to poke it. However, you already feel your lungs burning and your legs heavy.

You must either strke where it hurts, or you simply will be the one to die today!

Finally! You plunge your metal spear into one of its eyesockets. The Salamander roars out loud and reels to the side, purple blood gushing from the damaged eye! The reptilean beast changes its attacks, now more on the defensive. Truly, it has tasted fear, perhaps first time in its life.

4*

However, despite the loss of its eye, the Salamander remains a tough opponent. It guards itself from another crippling attack, and its claws swipe at you more than before. You are tired and you several times barely escape losing your head, the large nails of the beast nonetheless scratching your face. You feel the pain and warmth of the blood leaking through damaged skin.

4*

The battle now goes on for what, half an hour? An hour? Two hours? You lose the perception of time, and you don't even know where your Orcish bodyguards are anymore. You are tired, nearly exhausted, whilst the beast remains constant in its attacks!

2*

The beast snaps at your left leg. You scream and yell in terrible pain as you suddenly topple to the side, not feeling the leg anymore. Everything goes red and black as pain overcomes you.

You notice that the beast sleazily walks away, but then the Orcs fall upon it and crush its head with skull. Some of them are maimed in the process, and that's when you see darkness. The last thought that passes your head is that if not for the Orcs, the Salamander would've gotten away, or worse, devoured you as a snack.

Late Autumn, 450 AEC

You open your eyes, and you see the familiar ceiling of your bedroom. Your wife is diligently rubbing your forehead with a stained towel, before she notices that you're awake. She is overjoyed, kisses you on the lips, and then leaves to bring in the healers, with the Advisor in tow.

"Welcome back, my liege. You've been asleep for nearly three weeks." You stir and get startled as you cannot feel anything below your left knee. The healers help you sit and then you realize that you no longer have both legs.

"How's the lizard?" You ask weakly, and the Advisor bows his head.

"You've bested the Salamander, my liege, and the Orcs then dealt the killing blow."

Congratulations! King Matin gains one-legged trait!

Winter, 450 AEC

You return to your duties after a month more of resting and healing. Your court medics take great care to ensure that no infection sets into the leg, and they succeed in that task.

The meat of the beast has become a delicacy amongst your nobles, and the glass-like nails are shaped into mementos and pearl-like cameos. Out of the body of the accursed Salamander, comes wealth into your Treasury. Not only that, your subjects are in awe of your deed, some believing that with you at the throne, no ill can befall Kastoria.

The money sent by the gold mines arrives not long after.

Midwinter, 450 AEC

News arrive from Maestrimar; the old, crippled King has died, and his son became King Ionu I.

End of the Year, 450 AEC

As you sit behind the desk while the Advisor lays down the Scrolls of Kingdom Status, you wonder if the leg was worth it...

Better not dwell on it too long.

Happiness: 5
Population: 4
Economy: 5
Army: 3
*Navy: 4

"Your Majesty, all that our prosperous Kingdom lacks is an Army to proper guard it from outside and inside threats. Shall we draft some peasants to fill out the ranks?"

A) "Sure thing!"
B) "How about mercenaries instead?"
C) "Nah, we don't have to."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 04:07:16 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: January 08, 2020, 04:08:57 pm »

That went pretty well, all things considering!

Tentative A for the draft-- with morale as high as it is, I'd rather draw from the patriotic young folk of our kingdom than rely on the questionable loyalty of sellswords.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: January 08, 2020, 04:09:29 pm »

A
Ooooooh yeah baby we won! And our people love us! And all the scroll numbers are doing amazing! We've saved our reputation!

Also, we only lost the left leg below the knee. It's not entirely unreasonable for us to, say, hire someone to make us a new one some time in the future. Especially if our reputation remains positive.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: January 08, 2020, 04:11:54 pm »

Also, we only lost the left leg below the knee. It's not entirely unreasonable for us to, say, hire someone to make us a new one some time in the future. Especially if our reputation remains positive.

Mm, yes. Have 'em set a couple salamander teeth in there or something; it'll make a right impressive show of valor!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 08, 2020, 04:13:53 pm »

I'd also like to bring up the fact that we've done all of this in only four years. That's impressive, all things considered.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 08, 2020, 04:14:15 pm »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: January 08, 2020, 04:22:07 pm »

A
Ooooooh yeah baby we won! And our people love us! And all the scroll numbers are doing amazing! We've saved our reputation!

I also vote A. Why not attach a Salamander tooth or a sword where our leg was

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 08, 2020, 04:25:06 pm »

While I'm not against having a few salamander teeth integrated into a possible replacement leg, I don't think a sword would make a particularly good leg.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: January 08, 2020, 04:27:17 pm »

Our king isn't a very young man. I wouldn't blow money on an artifact that only he could use.

A Peeps are happy. Might as well take advantage of that though.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 08, 2020, 04:33:45 pm »

You order that peasants be drafted to pad out numbers within the Army.

Spring, 451 AEC

You receive a delegation from Kingdom of Satorias. Their caped, bejewelled diplomats bow their heads before you.

"Greetings and salutations, King Matin of Kastoria, fearless warrior and skilled administrator of these prosperous lands. We come on behalf of our King and Master, Afonso V. He wishes to bring an era of peace and cooperation between our peoples, and most importantly, forego the ancient emmity our Kingdoms have shared for the past two hundred years. For that, he hopes that the two families, that of Lycwl and Afonso the Great, be joined in marriage."

"What do you propose?"

"Good King Matin, precious Lia, sister of our Queen Maria, has only recently turned twelve, and her parents - parents of our Queen - have been long hoping to marry her off to a prestigious family. King Afonso has been in awe of your recent accomplishments, and therefore decided that your family will be made larger with addition of his young sister-in-law. With your consent, of course, King Afonso V would like to see the budding Lia married to your son and heir, Prince Amet, when he becomes of age."

A) "Splendid idea! The wedding celebrations might be ten years away, but trust me when I say that preparations will begin today."
B) "While I'm partial to the marriage offer, Amet is not a match to the lovely Lia. How about my other son, Xon?"
C) "Hmph! Your King sees a threat in my string of victories and prosperity of my Kingdom, and simply wishes to worm himself in my good graces. There shall be no marriage, now go away!"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 04:35:19 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: January 08, 2020, 04:36:32 pm »

A

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 08, 2020, 04:39:03 pm »

I was originally going to refuse because that seemed like the in character thing to do, but then I realised the possibility of joining their kingdom with ours in the future, and I knew Matin wouldn't want to forgo such a wonderful opportunity.

A all the way!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 08, 2020, 05:02:04 pm »

Friends and Allies are good.

She is a bit older than our 5-6 year old son, but 6-7 years shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

I was originally going to refuse because that seemed like the in character thing to do, but then I realised the possibility of joining their kingdom with ours in the future, and I knew Matin wouldn't want to forgo such a wonderful opportunity.

A all the way!

Although I'm also voting A, I don't think the sister of the queen's wife has any real claim to the throne of Satorias. If merging nations is your goal, there are likely better matches for our heir.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 172