Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A fresh start in the ages past... good or bad?

Yeah! Loving all the aspects of it, and the original series got a bit boring, to be honest.
It's quite good, and has everything a SPAMKINGDOM should have.
It's okay, wouldn't mind seeing the original series updated again though.
I WANT MY FIREBLOOD EMPIRE BACK RIGHT NOW!!!1eleven

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 172

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!  (Read 109108 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!
« Reply #2370 on: January 09, 2020, 03:08:21 pm »

C
What Weirdsound said. If they don't give us our family, they gonna die.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: January 09, 2020, 03:54:47 pm »

B

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: January 09, 2020, 04:01:59 pm »

B

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: January 09, 2020, 04:31:28 pm »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: January 09, 2020, 04:53:38 pm »

"I will send my soldiers and an entourage of nobles and servants. Ixara is a noble lady, and should be attended to like so." You give the boy a warm meal and a fresh horse, and send him off.

Late at evening, you and the Marshal send off a group of thirty guards, fifteen servants and two diplomats to the distant Maellia.

Late Summer, 451 AEC

News come from the northwest; it seems that King Yann II of Maellia has launched a campaign against the much stronger and larger Kingdom of Gellaine.

Autumn, 451 AEC

Report comes from your Treasury agents sent to procure food for the affected peasants - they've gotten just enough to fill all the mouths, and you barely avoided starvation or angering the populace.

The entourage sent to Maellia returns!

The head of the operation, Baron Calmarra, arrives at your audience room with your sister, Ixara, and her son, Eruan, in tow.

"My liege, here is Lady Ixara, and her son, Eruan. We've been accosted by bandits thrice when in Maellian territory. Local peoples bore no ill will towards us, and one nobleman whose manor we had to visit politely gave us food and shelter for the night. We've lost six guards to the bandits, but other than that, all was well, Your Majesty."

Ixara quickly falls into your embrace. Your sister has changed a lot since last time you saw her; her old beauty has been replaced with a crooked nose and lots of wrinkles. Even her hair, once luscious and wavy, has lost its shine.

Nonetheless, you welcome her with open arms. After you exchange kisses on cheeks, as siblings do, she introduces Eruan to you.

"Greetings, uncle Matin. I'm honored to be your guest." The boy looks quite handsome, and his square jaw and broad shoulders make him look like a decent warrior. If not for what you've learned earlier, you wouldn't easily assume he is a scholar that shies away from combat.

You, your sister, and your wife spend whole night feasting with your loyal supporters, under protection of the Orcs and your palace guard. Ixara seems excited to be at home again.

Mid-Autumn, 451 AEC

It seems that the scholarly-minded Eruan has already made some enemies at the court.

"Not only he harbors the wicked teachings of Katte amongst his manuscripts, he is openly sharing them with all whom ask. I didn't know that we've been operating a heretic library in the palace, my king! At least his mother had the conscience to raise him according to the principles of the Familial faith." The Archpriestess of Mother is quite angry with the youth's unashamed display of tolerance.

"Maellians have been always tolerant of other faiths." You quip at the elderly matron, who gives you a scornful glare.

"Yes, but that is no reason to let the boy spread his toxic ideals amongst the youth at the palace. What, pray tell, my King, shall we do if the boy opens up a convent within his bedchambers? Debauchery! Shameful poetry! Incense-inhaling! Gambling and orgies! Not only shall he corrupt good Kastorian boys and girls, he will cause you shame and scandals!"

A) "Truly, that would be a horror. His manuscripts will be burnt, and he will be punished for his wrongdoing!"
B) "Mayhaps some preventine measures are in order. His books will be conviscated and put under lock, but other than that, I don't see that the boy has done us any harm."
C) "He was born in Maellia and is a Maellian. I cannot make him a Kastorian. There's nothing I can do."
D) "I shall talk about this with my sister and deliver the boy a warning. If he does not relent, we shall talk about punishment."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 05:57:00 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: January 09, 2020, 04:58:23 pm »

C
Family is family, regardless of what flaws they perceive him to have.
Also, I somehow doubt he will do any of those things. :\
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: January 09, 2020, 05:11:45 pm »

C

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: January 09, 2020, 07:24:48 pm »

D

I expect he will do any and maybe all those things. Still, let's escalate one step at a time.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: January 09, 2020, 08:20:59 pm »

C

Honestly, I wouldn't mind eroding the authority of the local religion a bit. We are setting up a long term alliance with the Orcs. Orcs do not like female rulers. Our religion/traditions could easily give us a female ruler.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 09, 2020, 08:44:52 pm »

D
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: January 10, 2020, 12:42:33 am »

C

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: January 10, 2020, 01:47:12 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: January 11, 2020, 06:04:20 pm »

"Priestess, the boy is a Maellian. He was raised according to Maellian ways. I cannot make him a Father-fearing, Mother-loving Kastorian, even if I'm a King."

You receive an earful of the holy matron's complaints and comparisons of you to her parents and uncles, but other than that, the High Priestess relents and leaves soon afterwards.

Late Autumn, 451 AEC

Dungeon guards bring news to you shortly after you finish your breakfast - your sister Elea, kept in the royal dungeons for the past five years, have perished of combined malnutrition, withering and sickness.

Family always gets a spot in the family catacombs, and Elea, even disgraced by betrayal of your former allies, is no exception.

Few days later you receive news from Maellia: despite his early victories (including killing King of Gellaine, Gwenhael I, in combat), Yann II of Maellia has already lost all his gained territories and is hard on the defensive right now.

Winter, 451 AEC

"Gold bullion has been moved from our mines to our Treasury, my liege." The Advisor informs you as you munch down your morning oatmeal.

"Splendid."

"Also, a letter from Yfres I, the newest King of Gellaine, has arrived via a courier a few moments ago." The old man places the scroll on the table.

A) "I wish to conduct no business with Kingdom of Gellaine. Return the letter."
B) "Nothing wrong with reading correspondence, now is there?"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 06:13:00 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: January 11, 2020, 06:14:31 pm »

B

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: January 11, 2020, 06:15:22 pm »

Better to know what is said
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 172