Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 204749 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 9: We're Not Gonna Take It
« Reply #4725 on: April 03, 2022, 02:23:11 pm »

"The American Wolfhound, Keith Piper, keeps his word."

"I'm with you, Mephistopheles. Let's go crack some divine skulls."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: April 03, 2022, 04:20:39 pm »

"Oh yeah, now this will be written in history books for sure! Time for some jolly cooperation!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: April 04, 2022, 07:58:20 pm »

Mephistopheles gathers Team F's disembarked members around.
"I'm ending this. Today. Warp!"

An intricate circle of glyphs and runes appears beneath the entire group, before a blinding light engulfs the entire party, a massive beam erupting into the sky.

Nothing is left behind, save faint wisps of smoke. Discordia looks away briefly.
"....there has to be something I can do to to help...."
"Um....D-Discordia, right?"
The chaos goddess turned around to see Sitri, tilting her head.
"W-we don't talk a lot, s-since...um....but uh....you can....do you know..."
"Hum?"
"I....I think...I think I know how we can help."

Her eyes linger on a crystal tablet, lying on the deck of the Jasmine Efreeti.

The beam of light lands on the shores of the Ultima Fortress, as Mephistopheles arrives, Team F in tow.

The beach before them is desolate, rocky and cold, a long, grey plain between them and the hulking obsidian bastion of the Ultima Fortress, the home of the Demon Lord, spiralling black towers hewn from onyx stone and cold steel. Red banners fly from the tops of the towers and across the battlements. The place resembles what you might expect a lord of Hellrealm to live in; knowing what you do now, you realise the place is lonelier, crueler than expected.

Truly, it seems unimaginable that someone so warm as the Demon Lord Demogorgia might have once lived here, someone who loved all races.

However, this initial impression fades very quickly, as you realise that fireballs, arrows and all manner of projectiles are being thrown at the fortress. As if an invisible barrier stands between them and the fortress proper, the projectiles fizzle out with flashes of light. Dozens of dozens of little pinpricks of light collide with the invisible barrier, as you see cracks begin to emanate from spots in the barrier, like a window about to break.

In the distance, you can see a mass of white-garbed people marching towards the fortress. The number is far larger, far greater in quantity than any you've fought before.
"Those are...einherjar. The faithful dead. My sister's followers. She really brought an army here...."
"There are so many of them..."
"The barrier would normally hold, but with how many of my Generals you've convinced to lower the barrier..."
"Ehe. Oops."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 08:00:13 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: April 04, 2022, 08:24:41 pm »

"To be fair, when we started out this is not the battle we were expecting to have here."

"But it doesn't matter. We did come here for a fight and now we're getting the one that needed to happen, not the one we thought would happen. So these ignorant einherjar? They're about to get a real rude awakening when they find out what it means to take on Team F."

Keith walked up to the edge of the barrier, cracked his knuckles, and started doing a few warm-up stretches. Once he was ready, he bounced on his feet a few times and settled into his boxing stance.

"You ready for round 2, Goddesses?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: April 04, 2022, 08:58:55 pm »

"Keith MPMH correct, we weren't exactly expecting our adventure to lead to this."
"However, don't underestimate what we can do. Army or not, we will break through MPMH enemy line and break MPMH morale."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: April 04, 2022, 09:58:44 pm »

"C'mon, Jarvis. I'll take the three hundred on the left, you take the ones on the right, and we'll bust a path clear to Freya."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: April 06, 2022, 08:11:34 am »

"Oh my, what fine gentlemen you two are, rolling out a red carpet for this lady so she can put a divine bitch in her place."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: April 06, 2022, 09:12:27 am »

"That's what we call southern hospitality back home, ma'am."

Keith played up his Texas drawl a little as he spoke.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: April 06, 2022, 01:38:50 pm »

As Team F approaches the front of the army, the army seems to finally slow to a stop. After a few moments, the army of white-clade einherjar parts, and a familiar face makes its way down, flanked by Megara and Pyra.

"Ugh."

Freya stops a distance away from Team F, arms folded.
"So you didn't get this...interloper out of our way like I'd hoped you would."
She barely even acknowledges Mephistopheles. The masked seneschal trembles, his hand reaching for the knife at his waist.
"You little people just step aside already. There's what....twelve of you? I have an army and three goddesses. If you step aside, I'll even let you adore me when my mother crowns me her successor as Queen of the Gods. Maybe even let you leave alive. Well, aside from your memories. Can't let you keep those, now that you know our little secret."
"I'll kill you."
"Adorable that you think you can, demon. Now move aside. Your war has been fun, but it's over now."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 01:41:09 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: April 06, 2022, 01:54:16 pm »

"Yeah, that isn't happening. You got three goddesses? So what, so do we. And three Demon Generals, probably more on the way."

"But most importantly, our side has something yours will never have - Team F! And we're going to stop this little powergrab of yours dead in its' tracks! Then we're going to set the world back on the right path, and you?"

"You're not part of that. Once we've beaten you, we're going to find a way to seal you away forever so you can't rot this world with your scheming ever again. That's a Keith Piper promise."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: April 06, 2022, 03:55:29 pm »

"Look, Freya, your gloating already stopped being funny."

"If you keep acting like this, you might become the first goddess ever to die from ligma..."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: April 06, 2022, 09:58:57 pm »

"Freya. As pathetic MPMH ever, I see. Can't say I am surprised you MPMH still being so arrogant even after being defeated."
"But MPMH me kindly remind you of something; you can bleed. You aren't untouchable, and MPMH will take you down."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: April 09, 2022, 12:55:42 pm »

Freya sighs.
"You people are so tiring. Can't see the big picture. I'll bleed, get hurt, but there's nothing you or anyone here can really do to stop me. I'm a Goddess, darling. All you are is an annoyance even if you scratch me, like flies biting at me. You wouldn't even have gotten this far without Serena."
"And also, I can fly. So it's been rather fun, but I'll just let my sisters care of you. Hopefully when you've had some disciplining, you'll reconsider your position."

The Goddess of Love's form begins to float, slowly, before ascending rapidly and far over Team F and behind them towards the barrier. She scoffs.
"Pathetic."
She sweeps her hand into the barrier, as if to get rid of a particularly annoying fly, or some smoke blown into her face.

The barrier shatters, in the face of but a mere fragment of Freya's power. The shards of the barrier fly away, dissipating into light, the faint haze marking its existence fading away. Freya flies towards the now-exposed palace, leaving her army to deal with Team F without a second glance.

Pyra steps forward, grinning.
"You guys should've taken that deal. Freya said that if I get you to back down like the dogs you are, I'll get to be her right-hand man running the place! And unlike her, I'm not so merciful."

Megara simply raises her fists, clearly reluctant to fight. The green runes that silenced Discordia can be seen rotating around her mouth, keeping her silent.

"Uh....Rhea, you have a plan, right?"
"We're not in an optimal position to fight, and if we try to come back for Freya, that army will catch us before we can catch her."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: April 14, 2022, 04:24:40 pm »

Keith took a pair of gauntlets out of his coat and looked at them.

"You know, these were given to me by a man I greatly respect. He doesn't know the meaning of fear. A man of true grit and determination, no matter how deeply the odds are stacked against him. As the song says, you could stand him up at the gates of hell and he won't back down."

As he spoke, Keith slowly put on the Demon's Pledge; first the right hand, then the left. He tightened the last buckle with a snap of leather.

"I'd rather see that demon rule this world than any of you three cheats and liars, Pyra. So I'm not going to back down, either. Send every single einherjar you have at me. Megara too. Shit, I'll even take you on at the same time. Do you know what a wolfhound is, Pyra? It's a dog that protects the sheep from the wolves. All you lot are is a bunch of yapping, starving mongrels, and Generia is the flock of the American Wolfhound."

"Go stop Freya, before she ruins this world forever. I've got this."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: April 20, 2022, 12:45:22 pm »

Pyra snorts, her voice clearly contemptuous and her gaze that of a bemused teacher telling her students about how the world works.
"What are you even talking about? You sound like some kind of child, talking about determination and will and...come on. You can't honestly believe that, right? Wolfhound? Don't make me laugh. We've been here since the dawn of time, you fucking halfwit. You think those fists of yours will scare us?"
"All this time....all you've ever done is bully me and treat everyone here like they were your personal toys to use! You made me....you taught me that treating them like was the right way. Was the only way. And now it'll have to stop. Mortals deserve something better. As do demons."
"Who'll stop me? You, with your little staff and your group of rejects and your party tricks?"

"Shut the hell up, you complete half-ass of a godling pup!"

[Now Playing: Theme of Orobas ~Pledge of Demon~]

A large, red shape swoops into view, their gigantic, muscular fist smashing into the Goddess Dragon of Fire's face and sending her sprawling. Megara's eyes whip towards the attacker, and for a brief moment, her face looks somewhere between intimidated and impressed. Pyra, lying on the ground, touches a hand to her face; while not even bruised, the attack caught her off guard.

"You hit me! You hit me! Not even my own mother hit me!"

The giant, imposing shape of Orobas Centimani Rhadamanthea steps in front of Keith and the rest of Team F.

"The loser isn't the one who goes down first. The loser's the one who gives up. The loser is the one who puts nothing but a half-assed effort into it. And you look like a half-ass."
"I hate half-asses."
He turns back to Keith briefly.
"Piper. You got some nerve, standing up against the Goddesses. Maybe I'll give you some respect."
Then, he faces the recovering Pyra. The Goddess Dragon, for all her godly power, is dwarfed by the gargantuan frame of the old, grizzled demon before her. She tries to make herself appear stronger, taller, but against Orobas, barely anyone could look almost as intimidating.
"Only one person gets the right to be the one who finally beats that vampire. And I'll be damned if it isn't me. Goddess Dragon, Revivian, Demon Lord....if you want to come at me, you're gonna need more than some half-assed excuse for a goddess to beat me down."
"You....I'll burn you up first! A senile old demon, fighting an army and goddesses alone....what kind of joke are you playing at?"

Orobas lets out a dry laugh.
"When the hell did I say I was alone?"

[Now Playing: Theme of Discordia ~TEARS OF THE DRAGON~]

Suddenly, as if on cue, multiple portals, formed of swirling dark energy open in front of Team F, behind Orobas. The first to step on the scene are Kazuto's party, Kazuto, Rena and Borea right behind him.
"I guess you guys would be doomed without us, huh?"
"This is for what you did for me all those months ago, Rio. If....you hadn't done that, I don't think I'd be here. Not with Kazuto. Not with everyone. It's about time I repay that debt."
"I'll protect you, Serena. You've....always been nicer to me than everyone else. It's time for your older sister to do her part to protect you."

As the rest of Great Grandee pour out behind them, from the portal to the left of Team F issues forth....

"Kept you waiting, huh?"
"I'm behind you, Boss!"
"One last ride together, sis!"

Trish Senara, Boss of the Wharf Street Warriors, turns around to Team F.

"We got a message saying you needed some help. Couldn't resist the urge. The idea of adding a Goddess Dragon to my resume....pretty big."

A tall, dark-skinned man in black armor follows not far behind, a gigantic sword slung across his shoulders, with similarly garbed fighters behind him.

"Well, Trish. Looks like we'll be joining you for this fight, huh?"

The rest of the Warriors pour out behind Trish, her best and brightest fighters, joining the gathered Drake Park Chiefs.

To the right of Team F, four shapes pour out from another portal.

"Well, well. Mephistopheles, my lord. An interesting alliance you've made. You'd be lost without us, wouldn't you?"
"Keep your eyes on the prize, Lucy."
"He never could resist a moment to brag. Maybe that's why we were on a break."
"Oh, honey. You wound me so-!"
"You three, just shut up and let's do this. I haven't had coffee for two hours, I'm behind on Recovery of an Impulse Junkie and Hermelin Ajin no Densetsu, AND I need to upload the next update for Clash of Legends! Let's get this over with so I can go home!"

Nearby, a small army of demons pours out of a different portal, led by Leviathan and Mammon.
"Darling. We're so close to the ending we've sought. Hold your strength. We'll make it to the end."
"As long as I have strength in my body, my beloved- no, as long as you stand by my side, I can do what I must to ensure the path to the future."
"...then please stay by my side too, my love. Until the end."

A gigantic, pink shape descends from the sky, and Team F notes that they can see Discordia and Sitri hanging on the top.

"is time to eat rood goddesses. yis. am want pats and fuds afterwards."
"Who could've thought he could bounce so high...."
"We'll help...as soon as I'm recovered...."
"Serena! Rhea! We'll protect you and everyone!"

More familiar faces appear from the portals, stepping forth in front of the heroes. Baron Airmladre, Haruo and Rina from Nishimiya Ramen in Kaisei, the Wiggler-headed tribesmen, even....

"I told you, vampire. Us demons never forget our debts."

From long ago, all those months ago in Begnin, Lautia Cinisia Mammonia steps forth, waving at Keith.

"You forgot me, maybe. I didn't forget you. I will admit, after retiring from the Demon Lord's army, real estate seemed a boring idea in comparison to coming to help you. My debt's still unpaid. So let's go do this."

A veritable army of Team F's allies has rallied, and has placed themselves between the Goddesses and their einherjar, and Team F.

Mammon, taking point upon his wyvern, turns back to Team F.
"Serena! My lord Mephistopheles! We'll hold them off. If Freya has broken into the palace, then stop her. We'll hold off the rest."
"Leave these jackasses to us."

"Wait. Borea. Your connection to Caelestia is not yet severed, yes?"
"Why?"
"Get Mother down here. Whatever way you can. Get her here as fast as possible. We'll stall Freya as much as we can. Discordia, hold them here with the rest. I'll need to go with Serena's group. My power can stop Freya's."
"Understood. It's....good to see you again, Rhea. Maybe-"
"We can talk about a reunion when the day is over."

Serena turns to her team, smiling.
"Alright! Let's go. Team F.... believe in us! Let's stop my sister!"
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 328